March 28, 2024, 07:22:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310101 times)
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #420 on: March 15, 2009, 01:10:43 PM »

ohhhhhh i am so sorry about the caps...my bad
No biggie it happens to everyone once or twice!

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #421 on: March 15, 2009, 01:12:51 PM »

Haleigh saw doctors frequently because of the Turner syndrome. If they had noticed something, there would be a record of it.  Here, there is a legal requirement to report. Crystal's lawyer could certainly get access to Haleigh's medical records. Also Crystal had shared custody, she could pull those records too.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #422 on: March 15, 2009, 01:14:18 PM »

Okay, those are not gloves 

Hi monkeys~the reason behind my bringing that post over from the CVZ blog  (and I used a BIG disclaimer about IF he really is local and IF these things are true) was to see if LE could track the IP of this poster to see if it was total bunk or not because they stated that they taught at the H.S. there adn were hearing stories from people that knew Misty and that she "didn't love as much as we've  heard from Ron...mild version).......I just think it's something LE should check out, not so much the fingers, but the feelings that Misty shared with friends about Haleigh. Could be total BS, but at this point any little clue is helpful and it should be easy to prove/disprove.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #423 on: March 15, 2009, 01:16:20 PM »

Could her little hands have been burnt? That was my first thought when I saw this clip about two weeks ago. And if so, why would the family release that particular picture??? Maybe Ron/Misty was "teaching" HL a lesson? "Little girl, I've told you before NOT to touch the stove - I'll teach you!!" (Puts her little hands on the burner). All speculation and MOO!!!
Wow my mind can not even go there.  How extremely horrid!  What about taking this down a notch, maybe she had cuts from climbing a tree, falling from her bike to the pavement, or ACCIDENTLY touching a stove top.  What is being suggested here I am not ready to consider, I think that this type of thinking is nearing the deep end. 
Yes, could be nearing the deep end. As I said, this was my first instinct when I saw that you tube clip. Pure speculation on my part.
Children of the Corn hands in boiling water on hot stove was your FIRST instinct???  Wow, sorry I am just completely in shock.  I can not fathom that type of thinking.  I will agree that every single player in this case is sketchy, but looking at the whole picture I just do not see that as being something that could have been done without being somewhere on someones radar.
Not sue what Children of the Corn means, but unfortunately, my ex-husband did this to my son when he was two years old. This was before DV laws, back in 1971. I was 21 and very naive. My son is now 39. Very bad memories, but that is what it reminded me of when I saw that You Tube clip. I hope that I am dead wrong!! And, sorry to upset you, Dolce!!!

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #424 on: March 15, 2009, 01:16:36 PM »

I always go back and review CVZ's comment sections.......now, take it for what it's worth, but this guy says he's local~if this is true, I'll drive down there myself and bitch slap Misty and have Cobra handle Ron:

formerdcfinvestigator

The moto of the dcf office in palatka that would have handled this case is see no evil, hear no evil, document no evil. Where I worked investigations in Volusia County things were better with some good directors and supervisors and dedicated workers but their were also workers who would be on call and falsify going to a home my trainer and myself discovered one of these instances (it was a sex abuse allegation which is supposed to be investigated within a matter of hours ---but going to the door and leaving a card can count as starting it ---I was absolutely furious and later got reprimanded for making such a big deal out of it. That worker worked at the least another month before she was gone. I still don't know if she quit or was fired.

When I think of the worst cases which I saw the worst ones always seem to have a piss soaked mattress that they sleep on. Where are the childrens toys lack of any was also consistent in these cases. Potty training is an extremely dangers time for children and a paramours have a trend of being the perpetrator of some of the most violent abuse. This child was also cared for by another extremely high risk person someone 25 and younger.

I now teach at the nearest high school to this incident and several of the students are related to her and they have all told me that they think it was them or her. One told me "everyone knew she hated Haliegh.....she was putting her fingers in boiling water......." Ronald was known to hang out at some kind of local motorcycle gang, a known drug addict apparently with an extensive criminal history.

You might say to yourself "Why would dcf place a child there?" I couldn't tell you but the local judge makes the final decision....however, once while investigating a backlog case from a worker who left the agency I found a twelve yoa boy that had been placed in a home with a registerd sex offender. When I spoke to the supervisor I was told that he could have contact with children if his probation allowed it. DCF placed that child there with an open case unreal. I resubmitted the case b/c I was not going to close it like that ever.

Putnams dcf is far far far worse.

Yikes! If this is true I will go with you!!  In the Today Show video with Misty nuging ron at the 7:11 part of the video and the nerves whatever twitching and look at their eyes they look dilated to me once again.  Finally no sunglasses. Actions speak loader than words and this case is starting to show a lot of strange action thru out.

Heck~I think it has been strange from the begining, but I did notice that and all the points from the eyes for lies blogspot.

If it's true, we may need the SM bail money but it will be worth it...........wonder if we should send that link to LE, or maybe CVZ already did, they could track that IP and find out what he is hearing from the kids in town and question them

I would hope the teacher called it in.  Arent teachers required to report things like this?  And since she had worked for DFS before surely she did report it.  I think LE already know and are just gathering evidence.  The today show video they both look so guilty.

OMG, the idea of that makes me ill.

IslandMonkey imo, a big fat yes! to your question about callinig it in to LE.

I hear you, Jules, and I hate to say this, but I don't want to assume that anyone called, told, or properly reported  anything -- even if they are professionally bound to do so.

Ron is a frightening individual and people in the loop may have weighed "doing the right thing" against what they may have felt  would have posed a real risk to their family's safety. Hence, turning a blind eye; Sadly, it happens.

I'm going to contact the tipline. So what if they already know? What if they don't? I hope more than one call/email reaches the tipline. The contact info was posted somewhere here; I've got to find it again. (I'm a couple of pages behind, so if someone has already re-posted it, then great.)

Not only contacting the tipline/LE, but emailing/contacting Crystal's atty, Kim Picazio seems like a good idea to me too. She may know all she needs to know, but we don't know that; and better safe than sorry.

The reason I bring her up is that she is investigating the former Cummings home environment. As far as I know, the Child Protective Services (or whatever the Florida version of that is called) seals those records from the public - not that she cannot access them, but typically any kind of well-intentioned heads-up is usually appreciated. And who knows? Some tidbit of info like the above passed on to Pacazio could expedite matters. It's worth a shot, is all I'm saying; and I'm going to do it.

I saw Ms. Picazio's website info here; I'll look; If not I'll Google it. When I locate the contact info, I'm going to email Picazio with the above information and she can do with it what she sees fit, if anything. The reason I'm hoping for more than one call/email etc (more than one, but not over kill like 50, so as not to inundate her) is that one email/call can be missed or fizzle out or not get to the right person.... 4 or 5 or 6 likely will not.

Anyway, I'm all in and going to do both. Hey, Luckyday and JerseyGirl, you are familiar with the process, if you guys feel inclined... hint hint Smile

Or IslandMonkey you have useful legit contacts there in Satsuma or close to there, right?

OMG, that whole notion above about Misty, etc is sickening; I so hope it's not true.

Happy Birthday Rana!! 

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #425 on: March 15, 2009, 01:18:14 PM »

Haleigh saw doctors frequently because of the Turner syndrome. If they had noticed something, there would be a record of it.  Here, there is a legal requirement to report. Crystal's lawyer could certainly get access to Haleigh's medical records. Also Crystal had shared custody, she could pull those records too.
Another good point, not to mention her being at school.  Teachers these days, atleast all of the teachers that I know (friends/family/former) ask questions.  People are naturally suspicious, and a child all bandaged would raise question for sure.  She is a small child, and even if she were to lie out of fear, a teacher or adult would be able to tell.

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #426 on: March 15, 2009, 01:20:10 PM »

Another good point, not to mention her being at school.  Teachers these days, atleast all of the teachers that I know (friends/family/former) ask questions.  People are naturally suspicious, and a child all bandaged would raise question for sure.  She is a small child, and even if she were to lie out of fear, a teacher or adult would be able to tell.

could it be that is why she missed so much school?

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #427 on: March 15, 2009, 01:21:02 PM »

luckyday, I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I have read way to many child abuse cases were a stove was used and scalding water was used on a child for punishment, it happens way to often. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #428 on: March 15, 2009, 01:21:22 PM »

Not sue what Children of the Corn means, but unfortunately, my ex-husband did this to my son when he was two years old. This was before DV laws, back in 1971. I was 21 and very naive. My son is now 39. Very bad memories, but that is what it reminded me of when I saw that You Tube clip. I hope that I am dead wrong!! And, sorry to upset you, Dolce!!!
Sorry that you had to experience that sort of violence, now I can see how you made that extreme jump to that thought.  That is not something I could ever consider or ever would have thought of, not in my wildest dreams.  There are some sick twisted f*cks out there, so sorry to hear that you were married to one but glad you got out.  Just in what we have seen so far, if there was abuse going on in that household of that magnitude, it would have been noticed and/or picked up by someone by now.

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #429 on: March 15, 2009, 01:21:59 PM »

HI ALL YOU SMART MONKEYS...I TO AM TRYING TO FIGURE OUT ABOUT THE BANDAGES...I ALSO SAW SOMETHING THAT WAS A BIT WIERD TO ME ON THAT U TUBE VIDEO...THERE ARE 2 PICS  WHERE RUN IS TAKEING HALEIGH OUT TO THE BUS STOP..AND IT LOOKS LIKE SHE WAS TRYING TO FIGHT BACK..IT LOOKS LIKE SHE DID NOT AT ALL WANT TO GO..DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICE?? AND HAVE WE HEARD ANYTHING ABOUT HER NOT WANTING TO GO TO SCHOOL..I WONDER IF SHE IS SCARED OF THE BUS DRIVER!!!

I was wondering why there was someone there taking pictures.  And then it dawned on me it was probably her first day of school.  Why else would there be picture taking.  She probably was scared to go to school.  We have all been through that with our children.  But, doesn't sound like a father who doesn't care either.  He wanted to take pictures of the big day.  IMO

MM
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #430 on: March 15, 2009, 01:23:37 PM »

Maybe, but Florida has a lot of laws in place for families of children who miss so many days per quarter.  DCF investigates and often times a family can and will be fined, or worse a parent or parents will be facing jail time.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #431 on: March 15, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »

Could her little hands have been burnt? That was my first thought when I saw this clip about two weeks ago. And if so, why would the family release that particular picture??? Maybe Ron/Misty was "teaching" HL a lesson? "Little girl, I've told you before NOT to touch the stove - I'll teach you!!" (Puts her little hands on the burner). All speculation and MOO!!!
Wow my mind can not even go there.  How extremely horrid!  What about taking this down a notch, maybe she had cuts from climbing a tree, falling from her bike to the pavement, or ACCIDENTLY touching a stove top.  What is being suggested here I am not ready to consider, I think that this type of thinking is nearing the deep end. 
Yes, could be nearing the deep end. As I said, this was my first instinct when I saw that you tube clip. Pure speculation on my part.
Children of the Corn hands in boiling water on hot stove was your FIRST instinct???  Wow, sorry I am just completely in shock.  I can not fathom that type of thinking.  I will agree that every single player in this case is sketchy, but looking at the whole picture I just do not see that as being something that could have been done without being somewhere on someones radar.

You may not be able to understand that type of thinking, Dolce, yet it does happen, across the USA and beyond.  You would likely be shocked and disgusted at the many things that have been and continue to be done to children.  Sigh.  In fact, there are sev. ways that water has been used by abusive caregivers in the name of "punishment" for children, both internal and external.  Scalding hot water being one of the ways.  Sad 

We don't know for fact that this is what happened to Haleigh, and likely won't know unless/until LE confirms that at some point.  Am sure we're all hoping this is not the case for her.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #432 on: March 15, 2009, 01:32:12 PM »

The picture of Haleigh with her hands bandaged is taken with her sitting on what looks like metal bleachers.  Could the reason for the bandages be a simple as she mildly scorched her hands on the hot metal bleacher?  Perhaps the pic's where she is lying on them is taken later in the day when it is cooler?  Maybe she fell riding her bike?

I think we all know how children at that age want bandaids to cover even the littlest boo boo.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #433 on: March 15, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »

Maybe, but Florida has a lot of laws in place for families of children who miss so many days per quarter.  DCF investigates and often times a family can and will be fined, or worse a parent or parents will be facing jail time.

I read somewhere that he was about to get in trouble for Haleigh missing so much school.  Something like she had already missed 22 days of school this yr.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #434 on: March 15, 2009, 01:37:28 PM »

I think that in the absence of real facts, ppl are just making stuff up.
But the medical records should be available to LE also. See if there was any history of injuries at all. DFS here has been known to not follow up on things but the reporting is always still on their records too. Our DFS has been a hot topic too many times on the front page of the paper too many times AFTER something terriible has happened.
With Crystal having shared custody wouldn't any concerns have been shared with her ?
Or did she do the reporting and DFS investigated and it was unfounded or explained away to their satisfaction.
From Anna, I think we are hearing the things ( mud slinging ) from the Sheffield side of the family. Sort of a repetition of the sniping that was taking place after Ron got custody. 
From what we've read here, neither Ron or Crystal seemd like good parents, but Ron was living with Ms. Neves and he had family support and was going to make sure that Haleigh did go for treatments at least for the Turners. Hormone shots are one of the treatments and those shots would negate some of the serious health issues for Haleigh well into the future.
For Crystal to not take her for these silly reasons she didn't take her, that a huge form of abuse or just plain not caring. Those medical appointments Haleigh missed would be ver hard for Crystal to 'splain away. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #435 on: March 15, 2009, 01:37:36 PM »

You may not be able to understand that type of thinking, Dolce, yet it does happen, across the USA and beyond.  You would likely be shocked and disgusted at the many things that have been and continue to be done to children.  Sigh.  In fact, there are sev. ways that water has been used by abusive caregivers in the name of "punishment" for children, both internal and external.  Scalding hot water being one of the ways.  Sad 

We don't know for fact that this is what happened to Haleigh, and likely won't know unless/until LE confirms that at some point.  Am sure we're all hoping this is not the case for her.   

Tragic.  Sorry though, I am not ready to go there with this little girl though, not yet...not just based on a rumor from internet gab.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #436 on: March 15, 2009, 01:38:56 PM »

I read somewhere that he was about to get in trouble for Haleigh missing so much school.  Something like she had already missed 22 days of school this yr.
He could get arrested for that unless he is able to prove and provide doctors excuses.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #437 on: March 15, 2009, 01:41:25 PM »

But the medical records should be available to LE also. See if there was any history of injuries at all. DFS here has been known to not follow up on things but the reporting is always still on their records too. Our DFS has been a hot topic too many times on the front page of the paper too many times AFTER something terriible has happened.
With Crystal having shared custody wouldn't any concerns have been shared with her ?
Or did she do the reporting and DFS investigated and it was unfounded or explained away to their satisfaction.
From Anna, I think we are hearing the things ( mud slinging ) from the Sheffield side of the family. Sort of a repetition of the sniping that was taking place after Ron got custody. 
From what we've read here, neither Ron or Crystal seemd like good parents, but Ron was living with Ms. Neves and he had family support and was going to make sure that Haleigh did go for treatments at least for the Turners. Hormone shots are one of the treatments and those shots would negate some of the serious health issues for Haleigh well into the future.
For Crystal to not take her for these silly reasons she didn't take her, that a huge form of abuse or just plain not caring. Those medical appointments Haleigh missed would be ver hard for Crystal to 'splain away. 
Again good points Kat. 
To add that extreme burns, especially on a child, is something that would need immediate medical attention to ward off infection...not to mention the scarring would be more than noticable.  I could see Haleigh lying to a teacher to cover for her father out of fear, though she would not be very believable, but I can not see her not letting her mother know in the confinements of her mothers care.

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #438 on: March 15, 2009, 01:42:35 PM »

Sorry that you had to experience that sort of violence, now I can see how you made that extreme jump to that thought.  That is not something I could ever consider or ever would have thought of, not in my wildest dreams.  There are some sick twisted f*cks out there, so sorry to hear that you were married to one but glad you got out.  Just in what we have seen so far, if there was abuse going on in that household of that magnitude, it would have been noticed and/or picked up by someone by now.
Thanks all - this happened before "911" was in effect. The police would show up hours after I'd call - "sorry, nothing we can do...did not see it happen." It was extremely frustrating!!!
As far as DCF, they don't have the best rep in Florida. So, I kinda doubt someone would have picked up on Ronald's ways by now - IF these are "his ways" and If so, I think people are afraid of him. Hopefully, this will change now that Cobra will be on scene!!

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #439 on: March 15, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »

Again good points Kat. 
To add that extreme burns, especially on a child, is something that would need immediate medical attention to ward off infection...not to mention the scarring would be more than noticable.  I could see Haleigh lying to a teacher to cover for her father out of fear, though she would not be very believable, but I can not see her not letting her mother know in the confinements of her mothers care.

And if they needed immediate medical attention the ER doctors would certainly consider abuse.  Especially since this practice is so common with abused children.  They would be obligated to report it to the child protective services.

MM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.