March 28, 2024, 10:29:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310117 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #440 on: March 15, 2009, 01:44:58 PM »

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #441 on: March 15, 2009, 01:45:20 PM »

Alright movie marathon Sunday is about to commence here at the Dolce house....talk to you Monkeys later!!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #442 on: March 15, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »

Haleigh saw doctors frequently because of the Turner syndrome. If they had noticed something, there would be a record of it.  Here, there is a legal requirement to report. Crystal's lawyer could certainly get access to Haleigh's medical records. Also Crystal had shared custody, she could pull those records too.
Another good point, not to mention her being at school.  Teachers these days, atleast all of the teachers that I know (friends/family/former) ask questions.  People are naturally suspicious, and a child all bandaged would raise question for sure.  She is a small child, and even if she were to lie out of fear, a teacher or adult would be able to tell.

And not to mention the many many days of school that Ron/Misty has allowed Haleigh to miss.  So many it has been reported in the media, that Ron is in danger of having charges brought up on him for that.  Haleigh has been in kindergarten for what, 6 months or so??  That tells me that she very likely has spent more time at home than at school. 

A child with medical reasons for not attending school, would likely have a doctor's note, which would excuse the absence.  For them bringing charges up on Ron tells me that altho he *may have* given the reason for her absences as something to do with her illness, he must not have backed that up with doctor's notes.  And that suggests that whatever the reason Haleigh may have 'been sick', she likely wasn't taken to the doctor. 

No teacher to report suspicious injuries, she likely wasn't at school very often.  Perhaps she only went to school when there were no injuries showing?? 

No doctor to report suspicious injuries, according to court reports, she missed MANY doctor appts.  Perhaps she only went to the doctor when there were no injuries showing? 

Am curious to know if there were any missed visitations with Crystal?  Such as, did Ron cancel any of them or switch around their weekend?  If not, surely Crystal would have noticed injuries and reported them.  We do know that she is suspicious of at least one incident, (where Haleigh supposedly got hurt at school), and that Crystal reports that at least once during a visitation, both children did not want to go back to the Cummings home. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #443 on: March 15, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

luckyday, I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I have read way to many child abuse cases were a stove was used and scalding water was used on a child for punishment, it happens way to often. 

And in reading the news, it's staggering to find out that sev. caregivers have resorted to using the microwave.      

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #444 on: March 15, 2009, 01:53:38 PM »

luckyday, I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I have read way to many child abuse cases were a stove was used and scalding water was used on a child for punishment, it happens way to often. 

And in reading the news, it's staggering to find out that sev. caregivers have resorted to using the microwave.      

Yes, I know, and it seems everytime I say nothing will surprise me anymore, it does.
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #445 on: March 15, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »

could it be that is why she missed so much school?
Maybe, but Florida has a lot of laws in place for families of children who miss so many days per quarter.  DCF investigates and often times a family can and will be fined, or worse a parent or parents will be facing jail time.

I read somewhere that he was about to get in trouble for Haleigh missing so much school.  Something like she had already missed 22 days of school this yr.
He could get arrested for that unless he is able to prove and provide doctors excuses.

oh I found it.  It was here on SM

Puzzler
Scared Monkey

Re: Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs old missing in Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #2
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2009, 10:55:51 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Wyks on February 20, 2009, 09:54:41 PM
Quote from: nonesuche on February 20, 2009, 07:46:53 PM
Klaas he clearly believes that Ronald beat up Haleigh but he didn't outright state "I know he did it"?

deenie, I didn't hear what you are referring to in the Geraldo broadcast on Bill O Reilly, but I may have missed the very beginning. I was on a work call that finished late.

tcumom, you are welcome. I hope you have a good night and you and your family are doing well.

If that's true, it could be one reason Haleigh supposedly missed so much school.

Geraldo says he has a picture that shows a split lip, black eye and bruises on the face.
O'Reilly says that Fox New lawyers are checking it out before they show the picture.
Geraldo is going to Florida tomorrow (so I would expect he will have more on the on his weekend shows).
Geraldo says the picture was taken last November.
He said that Haleigh has missed 22 days of school this year (that really sounds bad to me).
He said that Ronald has a 1 y.o. son by another 17 y.o girl.
Geraldo says this guys guilty of statutory rape with 2 different girls (I remember that Haleigh's mom said that she was pregnant with Haleigh when she was 17).

I would call this "trouble in River City with a capital T"

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #446 on: March 15, 2009, 01:54:12 PM »

ok...if not hot bleachers it may have been hot asphalt that the roads are made of.  If she fell on hot asphalt while riding her bike her hands would be badly burned/scraped.  Instinct when you fall is to put both hands out.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #447 on: March 15, 2009, 01:56:32 PM »

I don't know if Misty is pregnant, but if she is, I hope someone steps in and tells her to stop smoking, but I suppose that will fall on deaf ears.
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #448 on: March 15, 2009, 01:57:24 PM »

Haleigh saw doctors frequently because of the Turner syndrome. If they had noticed something, there would be a record of it.  Here, there is a legal requirement to report. Crystal's lawyer could certainly get access to Haleigh's medical records. Also Crystal had shared custody, she could pull those records too.
Another good point, not to mention her being at school.  Teachers these days, atleast all of the teachers that I know (friends/family/former) ask questions.  People are naturally suspicious, and a child all bandaged would raise question for sure.  She is a small child, and even if she were to lie out of fear, a teacher or adult would be able to tell.

And not to mention the many many days of school that Ron/Misty has allowed Haleigh to miss.  So many it has been reported in the media, that Ron is in danger of having charges brought up on him for that.  Haleigh has been in kindergarten for what, 6 months or so??  That tells me that she very likely has spent more time at home than at school. 

A child with medical reasons for not attending school, would likely have a doctor's note, which would excuse the absence.  For them bringing charges up on Ron tells me that altho he *may have* given the reason for her absences as something to do with her illness, he must not have backed that up with doctor's notes.  And that suggests that whatever the reason Haleigh may have 'been sick', she likely wasn't taken to the doctor. 

No teacher to report suspicious injuries, she likely wasn't at school very often.  Perhaps she only went to school when there were no injuries showing?? 

No doctor to report suspicious injuries, according to court reports, she missed MANY doctor appts.  Perhaps she only went to the doctor when there were no injuries showing? 

Am curious to know if there were any missed visitations with Crystal?  Such as, did Ron cancel any of them or switch around their weekend?   If not, surely Crystal would have noticed injuries and reported them.  We do know that she is suspicious of at least one incident, (where Haleigh supposedly got hurt at school), and that Crystal reports that at least once during a visitation, both children did not want to go back to the Cummings home. 

great question!! I hope they have looked into that.

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #449 on: March 15, 2009, 02:00:55 PM »

If CS has heard these same stories it would make sense why she and her lawyer are trying to get Jr outta there fast!  And that could be why they got married so fast to show that ron believes she wouldnt hurt his children and he is in a stable relationship with her now...

Yes, it certainly would.........also in your question above, I don't know the sex of the poster, but he/she was a former DCF worker in that area

Just jumpin in before I got to go to  work about the finger tips and boiling water-Haleigh had those sorta white gauge gloves on in one of those pictures I seen on the internet..
[/quote

]You called it!  Annefl is saying Misty is pregnant 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #450 on: March 15, 2009, 02:04:19 PM »

Not sue what Children of the Corn means, but unfortunately, my ex-husband did this to my son when he was two years old. This was before DV laws, back in 1971. I was 21 and very naive. My son is now 39. Very bad memories, but that is what it reminded me of when I saw that You Tube clip. I hope that I am dead wrong!! And, sorry to upset you, Dolce!!!
Sorry that you had to experience that sort of violence, now I can see how you made that extreme jump to that thought.  That is not something I could ever consider or ever would have thought of, not in my wildest dreams.  There are some sick twisted f*cks out there, so sorry to hear that you were married to one but glad you got out.  Just in what we have seen so far, if there was abuse going on in that household of that magnitude, it would have been noticed and/or picked up by someone by now.

Sorry Dolce, not trying to pick on you or your posts, am just reading along without even looking at avi's, answering what gets my attention, just happens to be yours is all, k? 

That said.. I disagree with the part above that I bolded.  While we would *hope and pray* this would happen, tragically it doesn't.  Severely abused children slip thru the cracks at staggering amounts.  Perhaps less in these days than years ago, true.  And that's because of folks keeping their eyes open and reporting what they see. 

I won't go into detail of what happened to me as a child, and to many others that I'm aware of, as it would likely make everyone lose their last meal.  Suffice it to say, that it included the most shocking and severe abuse possible to a child.  I yearned for someone outside the family to notice.  When no one did, I even told sev. people.  My sunday school teacher, my gym teacher at school.  But since they knew my so-called 'mother' (gag me) as a supposedly upstanding citizen, wife of a baptist deacon, they told me to quit lying.    

We cannot assume that everyone would know if a child in a home is being severely abused or mistreated in some way.  Most abusers go to GREAT lengths to insure that the abuse is not discovered, to the point of threatening the victim with more (or worse) if they ever told. 

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #451 on: March 15, 2009, 02:05:18 PM »

Well.. this won't make me very popular, just feel like it needs to be said.  Hopefully it won't offend too many folks. 

One concern is the running of the license plate by a blogger's LE family member to satisfy the curiousity of bloggers.  This to me is an invasion of privacy that isn't necessary.  We as bloggers on the net can sleuth things out from info already available to the public.  And of course, whatever info LE already involved with this case, releases to us.  But that's my opinion, for what it's worth. 

Another concern is that in another case a similiar thing happened, LE family member ran plates, and got into trouble at work for doing personal business on company time as well as using company equipment.  Wouldn't want for that to happen to someone else, if they hadn't thought it thru. 

Not trying to get on a high horse.  Just expressing some concerns. 

Good points and concerns, Wyks about tag running etc; And you're right - doing something untoward or inappriopriate is not the way to go. However, (you knew I'd have a pesky "however")  Smile   I have a sincere question.

Does anyone have a link to the entity that's handling the account and taking donations for the Cummings family?

(Was it that funeral parlor dude?) Where I'm going with that thought is this. This may differ by state; IKD; But as far as I know, typically, when folks ask for donations they are usually (I want to say "legally" ) obligated or encouraged to clearly state somewhere for what the donations are to be allocated. IOW, for example, donations for ABC... for the XYZ family.... or such.

Do we know how the Cummings' donation account is worded? Anyone have a link or info on that?

Also, the person who volunteered to run the tag is an officer? (I didn't catch that part, but I assume it is someone who is authorized to access tag info, right?)

Get to the point already.

If someone who has made a donation (or maybe even someone who is contemplating making a donation?) has a concern about how the funds are being used, does that constitute a legit tip such that an officer who is authorized to access tag info has a legit reason to openly run a tag and fill out any related reporting docs as to why he/she wants to run the tag?

IOW, does our tag question constitute valid concern regarding suspicion of donation fraud or misappropriation of donated funds?? (IDK the proper word here;) Is that a legit reason? And if it all checks out, then great! The donations are being used appropriately and we can throw Ron a parade for doing something right.

Disclaimer: just a question about how a private citizen (one of us, for example) would go about reporting suspicion of donation-hanky-panky to the LE and what LE could then "do " about it as to.... in what way it relates to running a tag, if any. TIA.  Smile

dsntslp
Scared Monkey

« Reply #452 on: March 15, 2009, 02:06:59 PM »

If her hands were placed in boiling water the tips would be burned also.

Through thick and thin, I'll stick with Tim!
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #453 on: March 15, 2009, 02:07:19 PM »

Am curious to know if there were any missed visitations with Crystal?  Such as, did Ron cancel any of them or switch around their weekend?   If not, surely Crystal would have noticed injuries and reported them.  We do know that she is suspicious of at least one incident, (where Haleigh supposedly got hurt at school), and that Crystal reports that at least once during a visitation, both children did not want to go back to the Cummings home. 

great question!! I hope they have looked into that.

I do remember when CS was first asked when was the last time she saw Haleigh she said two weeks ago and her visitations were suppose to be every other weekend

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #454 on: March 15, 2009, 02:12:02 PM »

Yes, I know, and it seems everytime I say nothing will surprise me anymore, it does.

Oh I hear ya, NoRose!  It's almost to the point that I rarely say that anymore, just in case it's inviting worse to hear and know.  Sigh

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #455 on: March 15, 2009, 02:19:49 PM »

Not sue what Children of the Corn means, but unfortunately, my ex-husband did this to my son when he was two years old. This was before DV laws, back in 1971. I was 21 and very naive. My son is now 39. Very bad memories, but that is what it reminded me of when I saw that You Tube clip. I hope that I am dead wrong!! And, sorry to upset you, Dolce!!!
Sorry that you had to experience that sort of violence, now I can see how you made that extreme jump to that thought.  That is not something I could ever consider or ever would have thought of, not in my wildest dreams.  There are some sick twisted f*cks out there, so sorry to hear that you were married to one but glad you got out.  Just in what we have seen so far, if there was abuse going on in that household of that magnitude, it would have been noticed and/or picked up by someone by now.

Sorry Dolce, not trying to pick on you or your posts, am just reading along without even looking at avi's, answering what gets my attention, just happens to be yours is all, k? 

That said.. I disagree with the part above that I bolded.  While we would *hope and pray* this would happen, tragically it doesn't.  Severely abused children slip thru the cracks at staggering amounts.  Perhaps less in these days than years ago, true.  And that's because of folks keeping their eyes open and reporting what they see. 

I won't go into detail of what happened to me as a child, and to many others that I'm aware of, as it would likely make everyone lose their last meal.  Suffice it to say, that it included the most shocking and severe abuse possible to a child.  I yearned for someone outside the family to notice.  When no one did, I even told sev. people.  My sunday school teacher, my gym teacher at school.  But since they knew my so-called 'mother' (gag me) as a supposedly upstanding citizen, wife of a baptist deacon, they told me to quit lying.    

We cannot assume that everyone would know if a child in a home is being severely abused or mistreated in some way.  Most abusers go to GREAT lengths to insure that the abuse is not discovered, to the point of threatening the victim with more (or worse) if they ever told. 

So.Much.Word. to Wyks whole post. And I agree with Wyks too in that no offense meant to Dolce. Being sweet and trusting is an attribute, imo; And it seems that Dolce is trying to see the good in people. I want to see the good too, but I've seen so many exceptions to the rule, that I'm afriad I've become a bit jaded in some respects.

I do NOT feel certain that the proper authorities would have been notified even if professionals were made aware of a reportable situation. I say that b/c Ron is frightening to me and I have never even met him. I can only imagine in how I would feel if I lived there and were faced with the decision of reporting something nefarious invloving his home environment;

Don't get me wrong; I would definitely report it anyway, - regardless; But it would be terrifying. IOW, I'd be immediately shopping for a high tech security system, a glock, and a permit to carry a concealed weapon right after I made the report.. Jus' sayin'

luckyday
Scared Monkey

« Reply #456 on: March 15, 2009, 02:21:40 PM »

Oh I hear ya, NoRose!  It's almost to the point that I rarely say that anymore, just in case it's inviting worse to hear and know.  Sigh

Thanks. It was a long, long time ago but still remains vivid in my mind. And the statement you made about abused children "falling through the cracks" is right on the money. It's a very sad state of affairs. And Wykes, thank for sharing snippets of your childhood. I know that must be difficult to do. All I can say, what I witnessed and endured made me a stronger individual and I can spot an abuser a mile away!!

Mark Twain:
Always tell the truth. That way, you don't have to remember what you said.
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #457 on: March 15, 2009, 02:22:15 PM »

GRACE: Why do you speak of Haleigh -- why do you speak of Haleigh in the past tense? I notice that you said Haleigh was a child with a lot of physical problems.

PICAZIO: Because she doesn`t have those physical problems anymore

Did anyone see this episode of the Nancy Grace show.  It was the new attorneys first interview.  I think the statements above are very interesting.  I also wonder based on her ( attorney)last statement to what extent Haleigh still has problems with TS. 

MM
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #458 on: March 15, 2009, 02:25:23 PM »

rana:

Watts Funeral Home in San Mateo has been the entity that has supplied the tents, flyers, buttons and T-shirts to help find Haleigh. They are also the ones who set up the Bank of America account for donations.

http://www.wattsfuneralhomes.com/

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #459 on: March 15, 2009, 02:29:53 PM »

Well.. this won't make me very popular, just feel like it needs to be said.  Hopefully it won't offend too many folks. 

One concern is the running of the license plate by a blogger's LE family member to satisfy the curiousity of bloggers.  This to me is an invasion of privacy that isn't necessary.  We as bloggers on the net can sleuth things out from info already available to the public.  And of course, whatever info LE already involved with this case, releases to us.  But that's my opinion, for what it's worth. 

Another concern is that in another case a similiar thing happened, LE family member ran plates, and got into trouble at work for doing personal business on company time as well as using company equipment.  Wouldn't want for that to happen to someone else, if they hadn't thought it thru. 

Not trying to get on a high horse.  Just expressing some concerns. 

Good points and concerns, Wyks about tag running etc; And you're right - doing something untoward or inappriopriate is not the way to go. However, (you knew I'd have a pesky "however")  Smile   I have a sincere question.

Does anyone have a link to the entity that's handling the account and taking donations for the Cummings family?

(Was it that funeral parlor dude?) Where I'm going with that thought is this. This may differ by state; IKD; But as far as I know, typically, when folks ask for donations they are usually (I want to say "legally" ) obligated or encouraged to clearly state somewhere for what the donations are to be allocated. IOW, for example, donations for ABC... for the XYZ family.... or such.
Do we know how the Cummings' donation account is worded? Anyone have a link or info on that?

Also, the person who volunteered to run the tag is an officer? (I didn't catch that part, but I assume it is someone who is authorized to access tag info, right?)

Get to the point already.

If someone who has made a donation (or maybe even someone who is contemplating making a donation?) has a concern about how the funds are being used, does that constitute a legit tip such that an officer who is authorized to access tag info has a legit reason to openly run a tag and fill out any related reporting docs as to why he/she wants to run the tag?

IOW, does our tag question constitute valid concern regarding suspicion of donation fraud or misappropriation of donated funds?? (IDK the proper word here;) Is that a legit reason? And if it all checks out, then great! The donations are being used appropriately and we can throw Ron a parade for doing something right.

Disclaimer: just a question about how a private citizen (one of us, for example) would go about reporting suspicion of donation-hanky-panky to the LE and what LE could then "do " about it as to.... in what way it relates to running a tag, if any. TIA.  Smile

I have never heard any of either family "asK" for donations.  But, maybe I just missed it.

MM
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.