April 18, 2024, 11:42:18 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 312179 times)
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #460 on: March 15, 2009, 02:31:56 PM »

Thank you so much for that pic, Klaas

When that photo montage was released we all were commenting on how beautiful it is - me included. I asked here about why Haleigh's hands appeared to be wrapped in gauze.

A fellow monkey told me that it was a kids' gloves, dress-up-play, fashion thing and since I'm never in the loop on trends such as that, I wondered if I had seen gauze where there was none. It looked like gauze to me, but the consensus was that it was dress-up play gloves. So then after the suggestion was made that those were just "play" gloves, then it looked to me that they could be gloves as well as gauze.

I guess it's hard to tell what it is? Gauze or gloves?  And I further wonder who took the photo. Why take a photo of a child with gauze on her hands? (semi rhetorical question there)

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #461 on: March 15, 2009, 02:32:08 PM »

Not sue what Children of the Corn means, but unfortunately, my ex-husband did this to my son when he was two years old. This was before DV laws, back in 1971. I was 21 and very naive. My son is now 39. Very bad memories, but that is what it reminded me of when I saw that You Tube clip. I hope that I am dead wrong!! And, sorry to upset you, Dolce!!!
Sorry that you had to experience that sort of violence, now I can see how you made that extreme jump to that thought.  That is not something I could ever consider or ever would have thought of, not in my wildest dreams.  There are some sick twisted f*cks out there, so sorry to hear that you were married to one but glad you got out.  Just in what we have seen so far, if there was abuse going on in that household of that magnitude, it would have been noticed and/or picked up by someone by now.

Sorry Dolce, not trying to pick on you or your posts, am just reading along without even looking at avi's, answering what gets my attention, just happens to be yours is all, k? 

That said.. I disagree with the part above that I bolded.  While we would *hope and pray* this would happen, tragically it doesn't.  Severely abused children slip thru the cracks at staggering amounts.  Perhaps less in these days than years ago, true.  And that's because of folks keeping their eyes open and reporting what they see. 

I won't go into detail of what happened to me as a child, and to many others that I'm aware of, as it would likely make everyone lose their last meal.  Suffice it to say, that it included the most shocking and severe abuse possible to a child.  I yearned for someone outside the family to notice.  When no one did, I even told sev. people.  My sunday school teacher, my gym teacher at school.  But since they knew my so-called 'mother' (gag me) as a supposedly upstanding citizen, wife of a baptist deacon, they told me to quit lying.    

We cannot assume that everyone would know if a child in a home is being severely abused or mistreated in some way.  Most abusers go to GREAT lengths to insure that the abuse is not discovered, to the point of threatening the victim with more (or worse) if they ever told. 

So.Much.Word. to Wyks whole post. And I agree with Wyks too in that no offense meant to Dolce. Being sweet and trusting is an attribute, imo; And it seems that Dolce is trying to see the good in people. I want to see the good too, but I've seen so many exceptions to the rule, that I'm afriad I've become a bit jaded in some respects.

I do NOT feel certain that the proper authorities would have been notified even if professionals were made aware of a reportable situation. I say that b/c Ron is frightening to me and I have never even met him. I can only imagine in how I would feel if I lived there and were faced with the decision of reporting something nefarious invloving his home environment;

Don't get me wrong; I would definitely report it anyway, - regardless; But it would be terrifying. IOW, I'd be immediately shopping for a high tech security system, a glock, and a permit to carry a concealed weapon right after I made the report.. Jus' sayin'

if someone could get a hold of Cobra and have him go to the school...talk to teachers and students.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #462 on: March 15, 2009, 02:32:10 PM »

Thanks Rana!  What is curious to me is that in the last three high-profile cases I have followed, it has been discovered by bloggers that the donations to each of those have been used inappropriately.   There are ways for the public to find out how these donations are being used.  I'm not sure of all the ways cuz I didn't get into that aspect of research.  Have watched others involved with that tho, am thinking the first step was to check for the donations going to a non-profit thingy?  If there are donations given to someone in a missing child's case (for example), they'd have to be registered with 'such and such', as a non-profit thing.  And thing they'd get a number of sorts.  Most of these who are taking donations must show that number to the public.  So running down that number with the IRS or whoever is something that anyone in the public can do.  When verified by IRS, or whoever, that confirms that the folks receiving the donations are on the up and up.  And then, they are required to show to the public how those donations are being used.  And yeppers, in some cases, it's been proven by bloggers digging into this area, that the folks are indeed using the donations for personal things. 

Such as.. In the Stacy Peterson case, it was discovered thru the means above, that the search boat (supposedly bought by Stacy's family using the donation money) actually was never once used in any of the searches.  But used many times for personal gain. 

In another case, a family whose home burned down was given donations by town-folks to help the family get back on their feet, new home, clothes, food, etc.  The money was proven to have been spent on a motorcycle by the father instead. 

I could go on and on...

There are ways to find this stuff out, just using the info available to the public and making some calls.  Sorry I can't remember the technical terms for all that.  Sigh.  For the last sev. years have been losing some short term recall ability.  It sux getting old. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #463 on: March 15, 2009, 02:33:28 PM »

Another picture to go along with the one Klaas posted of the bandaged hands:

Without evidence that shows physical abuse, I am thinking that people on the Internet have seen these pictures and come up with their own reasons why she has bandages on her hands.

Could be a perfectly legitimate reason that she had them on. Kids get hurt by their own volition, ya know, no matter how well they are supervised.

We just don't know the reason she is wearing them. I think sometimes people see pictures and make up stories that could go along with them.

JMO.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #464 on: March 15, 2009, 02:33:53 PM »

Oh crapola~ I just called Marie to again extend my offer of assistance as they no longer have a place to stay at night, but I had to mention the post I brought over from the Clint Van Zandt site (formerdcfinvestigators)....anyway, she put me on the phone with someone very significant in this case because she thought they should hear the info too.

I read the post and then they asked me to forward it to them in an e-mail, they also had heard very similar stories they were going to share this with LE, and Kim Picazio asap. They told me they already had heard from over 89 people about stricter than the norm punishment in this case I am SICK right now..........

The family had seen her hands bandaged in November from other photos etc. I'm just glad this information is going to a source I feel can get to the bottom of it, and they do feel they have a good idea who is behind all of this........nuff said on that.

Also, Haleighs things were left in the trailer, there was a purse Crystal bought for Haleigh that they offered to give her back instead of a teddy bear etc., but Crystal wanted the purse she bought her to stay at the trailer for when Haleigh came home

My heart is broken

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #465 on: March 15, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »

could it be that is why she missed so much school?
Maybe, but Florida has a lot of laws in place for families of children who miss so many days per quarter.  DCF investigates and often times a family can and will be fined, or worse a parent or parents will be facing jail time.

I read somewhere that he was about to get in trouble for Haleigh missing so much school.  Something like she had already missed 22 days of school this yr.
He could get arrested for that unless he is able to prove and provide doctors excuses.

oh I found it.  It was here on SM

Puzzler
Scared Monkey

Re: Haleigh Cummings 5 yrs old missing in Satsuma, Florida last seen 2/9/09 #2
« Reply #132 on: February 20, 2009, 10:55:51 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: Wyks on February 20, 2009, 09:54:41 PM
Quote from: nonesuche on February 20, 2009, 07:46:53 PM
Klaas he clearly believes that Ronald beat up Haleigh but he didn't outright state "I know he did it"?

deenie, I didn't hear what you are referring to in the Geraldo broadcast on Bill O Reilly, but I may have missed the very beginning. I was on a work call that finished late.

tcumom, you are welcome. I hope you have a good night and you and your family are doing well.

If that's true, it could be one reason Haleigh supposedly missed so much school.

Geraldo says he has a picture that shows a split lip, black eye and bruises on the face.
O'Reilly says that Fox New lawyers are checking it out before they show the picture.
Geraldo is going to Florida tomorrow (so I would expect he will have more on the on his weekend shows).
Geraldo says the picture was taken last November.
He said that Haleigh has missed 22 days of school this year (that really sounds bad to me).
He said that Ronald has a 1 y.o. son by another 17 y.o girl.
Geraldo says this guys guilty of statutory rape with 2 different girls (I remember that Haleigh's mom said that she was pregnant with Haleigh when she was 17).

I would call this "trouble in River City with a capital T"

I saw this interview also and have wondered where the picture of Haleigh is.  Does it exist and if so let's see it.  If it does exist I wonder who furnished it to Gerald.  Oh what a tangled  web.  I want some facts LE.

MM
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #466 on: March 15, 2009, 02:38:28 PM »

luckyday, I'm so sorry. Unfortunately I have read way to many child abuse cases were a stove was used and scalding water was used on a child for punishment, it happens way to often. 

And in reading the news, it's staggering to find out that sev. caregivers have resorted to using the microwave.      

Yes, I know, and it seems everytime I say nothing will surprise me anymore, it does.

OMG, yes so sad.

EDs (aka Emergency Rooms) have all too many kids who have suffered horrible "accidents." And those are the "lucky" ones who make it to the hospital.

**sob**

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #467 on: March 15, 2009, 02:39:47 PM »

If her hands were placed in boiling water the tips would be burned also.

That's sure seems to be true!  My guess is that *IF* scalding water was used on Haleigh, and her hands bandaged, the way they are bandaged suggest that perhaps the water was poured into her cupped hands, rather than her fingers being placed in that.  I dunno really, that's my guess. 

Had she fallen off her bike or tripped or something, am thinking her knees and elbows might get scraped up a bit too.  But her knees/legs/arms look fine to me, at least with the view in that pic.  It looks to be just her hands, perhaps the palms of her hands. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
momm0f4
Scared Monkey

« Reply #468 on: March 15, 2009, 02:41:05 PM »

I really don't have any speculation about the gauze on the hands, I don't see someone taking pics of her with it on if it were on there for a horrible reason..

On a side note, has this guy been checked out at all? He seemed to be pretty in love with Misty, they were together 3 years, long shot but could be a possibility that he thought "you took my prized posesion, Ill take yours"

http://latino.myspace.com/robsiedel
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #469 on: March 15, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »

Oh IM, this is sad, I sure hope something is done, and if need be the little boy Ron, is placed somewhere safer for him. I am concerned for him as well.
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #470 on: March 15, 2009, 02:43:10 PM »

Oh crapola~ I just called Marie to again extend my offer of assistance as they no longer have a place to stay at night, but I had to mention the post I brought over from the Clint Van Zandt site (formerdcfinvestigators)....anyway, she put me on the phone with someone very significant in this case because she thought they should hear the info too.

I read the post and then they asked me to forward it to them in an e-mail, they also had heard very similar stories they were going to share this with LE, and Kim Picazio asap. They told me they already had heard from over 89 people about stricter than the norm punishment in this case I am SICK right now..........

The family had seen her hands bandaged in November from other photos etc. I'm just glad this information is going to a source I feel can get to the bottom of it, and they do feel they have a good idea who is behind all of this........nuff said on that.

Also, Haleighs things were left in the trailer, there was a purse Crystal bought for Haleigh that they offered to give her back instead of a teddy bear etc., but Crystal wanted the purse she bought her to stay at the trailer for when Haleigh came home

My heart is broken

OMG, mine too;  I just feel sick.

.....Great, great work as always; Way to go, girl -- IslandMonkey

<<< BIG HUGS>>>

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #471 on: March 15, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »

I really don't have any speculation about the gauze on the hands, I don't see someone taking pics of her with it on if it were on there for a horrible reason..

On a side note, has this guy been checked out at all? He seemed to be pretty in love with Misty, they were together 3 years, long shot but could be a possibility that he thought "you took my prized posesion, Ill take yours"

http://latino.myspace.com/robsiedel
In her young years Misty sure has had a lot of boyfriends. 
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #472 on: March 15, 2009, 02:43:12 PM »

If her hands were placed in boiling water the tips would be burned also.

That's sure seems to be true!  My guess is that *IF* scalding water was used on Haleigh, and her hands bandaged, the way they are bandaged suggest that perhaps the water was poured into her cupped hands, rather than her fingers being placed in that.  I dunno really, that's my guess. 

Had she fallen off her bike or tripped or something, am thinking her knees and elbows might get scraped up a bit too.  But her knees/legs/arms look fine to me, at least with the view in that pic.  It looks to be just her hands, perhaps the palms of her hands. 

Could just as well be rope burns from swinging on a tire swing (like monkeys love to do) .. or a multitude of childhood injuries from playing.

Just saying because we see bandages on a kid does not mean the injuries they sustained were from abuse.

JMO.

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #473 on: March 15, 2009, 02:43:54 PM »

Oh IM, this is sad, I sure hope something is done, and if need be the little boy Ron, is placed somewhere safer for him. I am concerned for him as well.

I agree~by the time I got off the phone I was shaking

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #474 on: March 15, 2009, 02:44:26 PM »

My heart is broken

If they saw her hands bandaged in November why didn't they inquire or do something then. IJA  Or for that matter all the people who are talking now why didn't they tell someone long ago.

MM
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #475 on: March 15, 2009, 02:45:51 PM »

Minnie that is a good question, maybe were afraid to get involved? Just throwing that out there, I have no idea.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #476 on: March 15, 2009, 02:47:19 PM »

My heart is broken

OMG, mine too;  I just feel sick.

.....Great, great work as always; Way to go, girl -- IslandMonkey

<<< BIG HUGS>>>

Thanks~you no me, I am a fierce child advocate because what my son endured.......and Marie was so quick to give her phone to xxxxxxxx that I believe she correlated seeing her bandaged hands and thought it was a pretty important piece of info, and so did the person I spoke with after her

[
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #477 on: March 15, 2009, 02:47:28 PM »

GRACE: Why do you speak of Haleigh -- why do you speak of Haleigh in the past tense? I notice that you said Haleigh was a child with a lot of physical problems.

PICAZIO: Because she doesn`t have those physical problems anymore

Did anyone see this episode of the Nancy Grace show.  It was the new attorneys first interview.  I think the statements above are very interesting.  I also wonder based on her ( attorney)last statement to what extent Haleigh still has problems with TS. 

Ms Neves had said Haleigh had been very sick in the past. Pneumonia ?
Something else was that Haleigh was more prone to illnesses.
I would  like to know just what the hey and where the hey those 2 kids were on Saturday & Sunday. Were they with the Sykes or the Neves GrandMa ? I still think that whatever was going on for the two to three days before the Monday and who it was going on with is a key element.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #478 on: March 15, 2009, 02:49:14 PM »

My heart is broken

If they saw her hands bandaged in November why didn't they inquire or do something then. IJA  Or for that matter all the people who are talking now why didn't they tell someone long ago.

Maybe they did and were told something else to appease their concern, as for the people in town~fear possibly or apathy

[
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #479 on: March 15, 2009, 02:50:48 PM »

My heart is broken

Thank you for sharing that IM.  But I was afriad that is was the case.  JMO but if MoRon/fibsty didnt want to go back into that home is because they couldnt stand to be there with the memories...bad ones.  If the last memory of your child at home were good ones wouldnt you want to stay there and wait for her to come home.  But if they were bad and you knew she wasnt coming home...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.