March 29, 2024, 06:50:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310216 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #480 on: March 15, 2009, 02:51:20 PM »

GRACE: Why do you speak of Haleigh -- why do you speak of Haleigh in the past tense? I notice that you said Haleigh was a child with a lot of physical problems.

PICAZIO: Because she doesn`t have those physical problems anymore

Did anyone see this episode of the Nancy Grace show.  It was the new attorneys first interview.  I think the statements above are very interesting.  I also wonder based on her ( attorney)last statement to what extent Haleigh still has problems with TS. 

Ms Neves had said Haleigh had been very sick in the past. Pneumonia ?
Something else was that Haleigh was more prone to illnesses.
I would  like to know just what the hey and where the hey those 2 kids were on Saturday & Sunday. Were they with the Sykes or the Neves GrandMa ? I still think that whatever was going on for the two to three days before the Monday and who it was going on with is a key element.
Yes, I agree. And if, the rumor is true, and again I say if, Misty was on a three day bender, why oh why would you leave your children in her care? 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #481 on: March 15, 2009, 02:51:41 PM »

So.Much.Word. to Wyks whole post. And I agree with Wyks too in that no offense meant to Dolce. Being sweet and trusting is an attribute, imo; And it seems that Dolce is trying to see the good in people. I want to see the good too, but I've seen so many exceptions to the rule, that I'm afriad I've become a bit jaded in some respects.

I do NOT feel certain that the proper authorities would have been notified even if professionals were made aware of a reportable situation. I say that b/c Ron is frightening to me and I have never even met him. I can only imagine in how I would feel if I lived there and were faced with the decision of reporting something nefarious invloving his home environment;

Don't get me wrong; I would definitely report it anyway, - regardless; But it would be terrifying. IOW, I'd be immediately shopping for a high tech security system, a glock, and a permit to carry a concealed weapon right after I made the report.. Jus' sayin'

Thank you, Rana!  Agree with the feeling about Ron.  Am thinking this could be why not much is getting said to LE now, even tho there is a missing child.  Fear can do a number on folks!  Unfortunately....

And to quote from the Stacy Peterson case... "Nothing says 'I love you' like a glock!"  (that's what Stacy received from Drew one Valentines Day)

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #482 on: March 15, 2009, 02:53:05 PM »

Oh IM, this is sad, I sure hope something is done, and if need be the little boy Ron, is placed somewhere safer for him. I am concerned for him as well.

Me too, No Rose; ....Poor little Jr.

Please don't flame me (not talking to you now, No Rose;) but I hope they don't just palm Jr. off to the paternal grandparents (b/c CS didn't have residential custody). IMO, Ron learned whatever he learned about "discipline" and "childcare" from somewhere.

Also, I thought it was creepy during Ron's interviews when he mentioned, what seemed to me an inordinate amount of times,  something to the effect of, "That is a well mannered little girl... the best behaved child I ever had..." and other seemingly random comments about "mannered" and "behaved" that didn't really fit with whatever question the reported had asked.

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #483 on: March 15, 2009, 02:55:30 PM »

Oh crapola~ I just called Marie to again extend my offer of assistance as they no longer have a place to stay at night, but I had to mention the post I brought over from the Clint Van Zandt site (formerdcfinvestigators)....anyway, she put me on the phone with someone very significant in this case because she thought they should hear the info too.

I read the post and then they asked me to forward it to them in an e-mail, they also had heard very similar stories they were going to share this with LE, and Kim Picazio asap. They told me they already had heard from over 89 people about stricter than the norm punishment in this case I am SICK right now..........

The family had seen her hands bandaged in November from other photos etc. I'm just glad this information is going to a source I feel can get to the bottom of it, and they do feel they have a good idea who is behind all of this........nuff said on that.

Also, Haleighs things were left in the trailer, there was a purse Crystal bought for Haleigh that they offered to give her back instead of a teddy bear etc., but Crystal wanted the purse she bought her to stay at the trailer for when Haleigh came home

My heart is broken

If they saw her hands bandaged in November why didn't they inquire or do something then. IJA  Or for that matter all the people who are talking now why didn't they tell someone long ago.

Maybe they did and were told something else to appease their concern, as for the people in town~fear possibly or apathy

IM Good Point.

MM
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #484 on: March 15, 2009, 02:57:17 PM »

GRACE: Why do you speak of Haleigh -- why do you speak of Haleigh in the past tense? I notice that you said Haleigh was a child with a lot of physical problems.

PICAZIO: Because she doesn`t have those physical problems anymore

Did anyone see this episode of the Nancy Grace show.  It was the new attorneys first interview.  I think the statements above are very interesting.  I also wonder based on her ( attorney)last statement to what extent Haleigh still has problems with TS. 

Ms Neves had said Haleigh had been very sick in the past. Pneumonia ?
Something else was that Haleigh was more prone to illnesses.
I would  like to know just what the hey and where the hey those 2 kids were on Saturday & Sunday. Were they with the Sykes or the Neves GrandMa ? I still think that whatever was going on for the two to three days before the Monday and who it was going on with is a key element.
Yes, I agree. And if, the rumor is true, and again I say if, Misty was on a three day bender, why oh why would you leave your children in her care? 

Good question.  I wondered that too.

MM
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #485 on: March 15, 2009, 02:58:06 PM »

Le did not want ANYONE searching on their own.  All search parties were to have 2 LEO's with them at all times.  I believe this was the reason the first days searches were so late in starting out.  Searches ended up having close to, if not more then 100 people in fingertip to fingertip lines in order to accommodate this mandate from LE.
Ron was not allowed by LE to search on his own.  I guess we could say "How could anyone stop him, it is a free country"  But when LE says "NO" in the midst of an investigation people had better listen.
Things may be different now, he may be able to search on his own.  Does he have access to the maps that show what has been previously searched?  It would be futile to try and search without those maps.  Has he even asked for them?  Would LE let him see them if he did ask?
 Searching on his own in the woods would be a very dangerous activity.  There are bogs in those woods that act like quick sand.  You can be on herd ground and the next step you take you are in up to your waist in muck.  Getting out of that muck with no help may be next to impossible if you do not know to lie down flat out and then try to get out.
 Also, consider if he did find her.  Just his body in the area would give off skin cells and the scene where she is found is contaminated. If he did come across her, then everyone would cry foul and say he already knew she was there.Some  people already have him guilty in their own minds so no matter what he does, it looks wrong.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #486 on: March 15, 2009, 03:02:04 PM »

Thanks. It was a long, long time ago but still remains vivid in my mind. And the statement you made about abused children "falling through the cracks" is right on the money. It's a very sad state of affairs. And Wykes, thank for sharing snippets of your childhood. I know that must be difficult to do. All I can say, what I witnessed and endured made me a stronger individual and I can spot an abuser a mile away!!

You're welcome, Lucky!  I went from being too frightened to share what happened to me, to being able to speak of it freely now.  Because I realized, as do many others, that sharing our experiences helps in healing, for both the speaker and those listening/reading.  Amazing how that happens.  And you're right, we do become stronger because of what we've experienced.  One reason we can spot an abuser is because we've had to learn early on for our own survival to be very very aware and alert.  After getting out of that situation, we as survivors might not always listen to that still small voice inside us, warning us, yet somewhere deep down we are aware.  That's one reason why we can spot an abuser, it sends red flags down for us.  Yep.

danabar
Scared Monkey

« Reply #487 on: March 15, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »

Jules,
MoRon and Fibsty.....you hit the nail on the head!       

I agree with you completely about going back into the house. 

"Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive."
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #488 on: March 15, 2009, 03:03:38 PM »

Le did not want ANYONE searching on their own.  All search parties were to have 2 LEO's with them at all times.  I believe this was the reason the first days searches were so late in starting out.  Searches ended up having close to, if not more then 100 people in fingertip to fingertip lines in order to accommodate this mandate from LE.
Ron was not allowed by LE to search on his own.  I guess we could say "How could anyone stop him, it is a free country"  But when LE says "NO" in the midst of an investigation people had better listen.
Things may be different now, he may be able to search on his own.  Does he have access to the maps that show what has been previously searched?  It would be futile to try and search without those maps.  Has he even asked for them?  Would LE let him see them if he did ask?
 Searching on his own in the woods would be a very dangerous activity.  There are bogs in those woods that act like quick sand.  You can be on hard ground and the next step you take you are in up to your waist in muck.  Getting out of that muck with no help may be next to impossible if you do not know to lie down flat out and then try to get out.
 Also, consider if he did find her.  Just his body in the area would give off skin cells and the scene where she is found is contaminated. If he did come across her, then everyone would cry foul and say he already knew she was there.Some  people already have him guilty in their own minds so no matter what he does, it looks wrong.
Self edit to fix a typo...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #489 on: March 15, 2009, 03:05:31 PM »

Happy Birthday Rana~in all the hoopla this afternoon I forgot to send you birthday wishes ok, nanners

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #490 on: March 15, 2009, 03:06:46 PM »

Thanks. It was a long, long time ago but still remains vivid in my mind. And the statement you made about abused children "falling through the cracks" is right on the money. It's a very sad state of affairs. And Wykes, thank for sharing snippets of your childhood. I know that must be difficult to do. All I can say, what I witnessed and endured made me a stronger individual and I can spot an abuser a mile away!!

You're welcome, Lucky!  I went from being too frightened to share what happened to me, to being able to speak of it freely now.  Because I realized, as do many others, that sharing our experiences helps in healing, for both the speaker and those listening/reading.  Amazing how that happens.  And you're right, we do become stronger because of what we've experienced.  One reason we can spot an abuser is because we've had to learn early on for our own survival to be very very aware and alert.  After getting out of that situation, we as survivors might not always listen to that still small voice inside us, warning us, yet somewhere deep down we are aware.  That's one reason why we can spot an abuser, it sends red flags down for us.  Yep.

I appreciate  your candor and other people on this forum, who have endured such horrible things, all of you should be so proud of yourselves for what you do to help people become more aware of these issues, and I'm sure in return some people have made their lives better because of it.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #491 on: March 15, 2009, 03:07:27 PM »

Oh crapola~ I just called Marie to again extend my offer of assistance as they no longer have a place to stay at night, but I had to mention the post I brought over from the Clint Van Zandt site (formerdcfinvestigators)....anyway, she put me on the phone with someone very significant in this case because she thought they should hear the info too.

I read the post and then they asked me to forward it to them in an e-mail, they also had heard very similar stories they were going to share this with LE, and Kim Picazio asap. They told me they already had heard from over 89 people about stricter than the norm punishment in this case I am SICK right now..........

The family had seen her hands bandaged in November from other photos etc. I'm just glad this information is going to a source I feel can get to the bottom of it, and they do feel they have a good idea who is behind all of this........nuff said on that.

Also, Haleighs things were left in the trailer, there was a purse Crystal bought for Haleigh that they offered to give her back instead of a teddy bear etc., but Crystal wanted the purse she bought her to stay at the trailer for when Haleigh came home

My heart is broken

If they saw her hands bandaged in November why didn't they inquire or do something then. IJA  Or for that matter all the people who are talking now why didn't they tell someone long ago.

Maybe they did and were told something else to appease their concern, as for the people in town~fear possibly or apathy

IM Good Point.

Abusers learn very easily how to "explain" things away to deflect others from digging deeper, MOO I would be willing to bet that's what happened in this case

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Searching
Monkey Junky

« Reply #492 on: March 15, 2009, 03:09:09 PM »

I also have to say, Crystals new lawyer said on tv that they would be pursuing custody and now says they are not.. Why back peddle...You said you were going to do it.. what changed?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #493 on: March 15, 2009, 03:11:54 PM »

Actually, just looked again at that pic of Haleigh with her hands bandaged... And I take back what I said about her knees looking fine.  Her right knee *looks like* it's pretty banged up.  Thanks for the enlarged pic!!  So maybe she did fall off her bike or something prior to this pic and the palms of her hands may have gotten scraped badly.  A guess..

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #494 on: March 15, 2009, 03:16:53 PM »

My heart is broken

So it's true that they did leave Haleigh's things in the home??         

This is all soooooooo very sad!!  Thanks for contacting them, IM!! 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #495 on: March 15, 2009, 03:19:49 PM »

My heart is broken

So it's true that they did leave Haleigh's things in the home??         

This is all soooooooo very sad!!  Thanks for contacting them, IM!! 

Yes.......but in all fairness, I think they left most things in the home~maybe they had no where to take them ( trying to think of an excuse for it ).

What was more important to me was the verification (NOT FROM MARIE), that the story of her hands had been rumored before around Putnam County

[
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #496 on: March 15, 2009, 03:20:55 PM »

I made a call to CFS here about a neighbour. They listened to me.
I stated my concerns, she was a foster parent to 2 fetal alcohol kids. The husband worked away five days a week and this woman was in over her head. Lots of crying from the kiddos, lots of yelling from the foster Mom.
They never got back to me, but I was much more aware of the situation and was willing to follow up more, but within a month, there was a another person there sometimes and the kids were being picked up for a special day care Mon to Fri. She wasn't a bad person and anyone who takes in kids as she was doing must have had the right motivation at the beginning. I could not take in high needs kids with special needs and do the right thing for them 24/7, year in year out.
I never picked up that the Mom knew it was me who made the call.
It took me a long time to make that call and I had to talk it over with a friend who worked at DFS on the finance end of it and my daughter who both encouraged me to call as I was really fretting about it to the point where I was going to go there and do something stupid on my own one night. Like lose my temper while I lectured her not to lose hers. lol 
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #497 on: March 15, 2009, 03:20:56 PM »

I saw this interview also and have wondered where the picture of Haleigh is.  Does it exist and if so let's see it.  If it does exist I wonder who furnished it to Gerald.  Oh what a tangled  web.  I want some facts LE.

Crystal/family furnished that pic to Geraldo.  I saw it.  Doesn't look to me either like Haleigh got those injuries from falling down at school.  I have three sons who were always active and getting scraped up etc.  The injuries Haleigh had in that pic weren't consistent (IMO) with a fall.  More like a slap/blow to the head/face area.  That's my opinion though.  And Crystal's too. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #498 on: March 15, 2009, 03:24:23 PM »

I really don't have any speculation about the gauze on the hands, I don't see someone taking pics of her with it on if it were on there for a horrible reason..

On a side note, has this guy been checked out at all? He seemed to be pretty in love with Misty, they were together 3 years, long shot but could be a possibility that he thought "you took my prized posesion, Ill take yours"

http://latino.myspace.com/robsiedel

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #499 on: March 15, 2009, 03:28:33 PM »

If her hands were placed in boiling water the tips would be burned also.

That's sure seems to be true!  My guess is that *IF* scalding water was used on Haleigh, and her hands bandaged, the way they are bandaged suggest that perhaps the water was poured into her cupped hands, rather than her fingers being placed in that.  I dunno really, that's my guess. 

Had she fallen off her bike or tripped or something, am thinking her knees and elbows might get scraped up a bit too.  But her knees/legs/arms look fine to me, at least with the view in that pic.  It looks to be just her hands, perhaps the palms of her hands. 

True, Wyks. And good catch on the elbows, knees BTW. As for the water, it takes time to boil water, and time can't likely be spent waiting on water to boil when there is "discipline" to be administered; However, OTOH, water heated in a container in a microwave is "faster" and "more convenient." *sad sigh*

Also, I didn't want to say this, but Dsntslp's comment about the tips of the fingers brings me to add this. Not that it applies here, I'm just adding a comment on the subject in general.

In some cases of kids' burns (if these are burns, that is) the hands... palms.... backs of the hands, in absence of significant injury to the fingertips can be indicative of a child's hands being held over the eye of a stove.

The child's arms are held by the offender, so the offender doesn't get burned; and the child's palms (or backs of the hands, as the case may be) are held over the heat/flame on the stove.

When the palms are burned, the child can't pick up items that they may have dropped or accidently broken or "touched without permission." Proportedly that is the sick "lesson" the child is supposed to "learn." "Don't touch things that aren't yours."

HORRIFIC.

Of course, a child can get curious and burn him/herself on the stove, but once the burn HURTS the child, he/she pulls his hands AWAY.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.