March 29, 2024, 04:42:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310203 times)
Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #500 on: March 15, 2009, 03:31:01 PM »

Thank you so much for that pic, Klaas

When that photo montage was released we all were commenting on how beautiful it is - me included. I asked here about why Haleigh's hands appeared to be wrapped in gauze.

A fellow monkey told me that it was a kids' gloves, dress-up-play, fashion thing and since I'm never in the loop on trends such as that, I wondered if I had seen gauze where there was none. It looked like gauze to me, but the consensus was that it was dress-up play gloves. So then after the suggestion was made that those were just "play" gloves, then it looked to me that they could be gloves as well as gauze.

I guess it's hard to tell what it is? Gauze or gloves?  And I further wonder who took the photo. Why take a photo of a child with gauze on her hands? (semi rhetorical question there)

Looks like guaze and plastic wrap to me. 
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #501 on: March 15, 2009, 03:31:26 PM »

I saw this interview also and have wondered where the picture of Haleigh is.  Does it exist and if so let's see it.  If it does exist I wonder who furnished it to Gerald.  Oh what a tangled  web.  I want some facts LE.

Crystal/family furnished that pic to Geraldo.  I saw it.  Doesn't look to me either like Haleigh got those injuries from falling down at school.  I have three sons who were always active and getting scraped up etc.  The injuries Haleigh had in that pic weren't consistent (IMO) with a fall.  More like a slap/blow to the head/face area.  That's my opinion though.  And Crystal's too. 

Do you have a link?  I would like to see it also. Do you know when it happened? 

MM
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #502 on: March 15, 2009, 03:32:36 PM »

Oh IM, this is sad, I sure hope something is done, and if need be the little boy Ron, is placed somewhere safer for him. I am concerned for him as well.

Me too, No Rose; ....Poor little Jr.

Please don't flame me (not talking to you now, No Rose;) but I hope they don't just palm Jr. off to the paternal grandparents (b/c CS didn't have residential custody). IMO, Ron learned whatever he learned about "discipline" and "childcare" from somewhere.

Also, I thought it was creepy during Ron's interviews when he mentioned, what seemed to me an inordinate amount of times,  something to the effect of, "That is a well mannered little girl... the best behaved child I ever had..." and other seemingly random comments about "mannered" and "behaved" that didn't really fit with whatever question the reported had asked.

Sometimes (depending on who says it and how) those words can be very chilling.  And I get those chills when Ron said that. 

I was an extremely well mannered child.  Had to be!!  Cuz I knew very early on what would happen to me afterward, or when we got home, had I dared step out of line. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #503 on: March 15, 2009, 03:32:37 PM »

I saw this interview also and have wondered where the picture of Haleigh is.  Does it exist and if so let's see it.  If it does exist I wonder who furnished it to Gerald.  Oh what a tangled  web.  I want some facts LE.

Crystal/family furnished that pic to Geraldo.  I saw it.  Doesn't look to me either like Haleigh got those injuries from falling down at school.  I have three sons who were always active and getting scraped up etc.  The injuries Haleigh had in that pic weren't consistent (IMO) with a fall.  More like a slap/blow to the head/face area.  That's my opinion though.  And Crystal's too. 

Me too, Wyks.

Also, she may have indeed fallen at school AND something else happened at home. The hospital visit/s IIRC were a week after the school fall.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #504 on: March 15, 2009, 03:35:49 PM »

Thanks. It was a long, long time ago but still remains vivid in my mind. And the statement you made about abused children "falling through the cracks" is right on the money. It's a very sad state of affairs. And Wykes, thank for sharing snippets of your childhood. I know that must be difficult to do. All I can say, what I witnessed and endured made me a stronger individual and I can spot an abuser a mile away!!

You're welcome, Lucky!  I went from being too frightened to share what happened to me, to being able to speak of it freely now.  Because I realized, as do many others, that sharing our experiences helps in healing, for both the speaker and those listening/reading.  Amazing how that happens.  And you're right, we do become stronger because of what we've experienced.  One reason we can spot an abuser is because we've had to learn early on for our own survival to be very very aware and alert.  After getting out of that situation, we as survivors might not always listen to that still small voice inside us, warning us, yet somewhere deep down we are aware.  That's one reason why we can spot an abuser, it sends red flags down for us.  Yep.

I appreciate  your candor and other people on this forum, who have endured such horrible things, all of you should be so proud of yourselves for what you do to help people become more aware of these issues, and I'm sure in return some people have made their lives better because of it.

For myself and others perhaps too timid to speak about it, thank you NoRose! 

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #505 on: March 15, 2009, 03:37:28 PM »

I have to step away for awhile my heart is breaking for Haleigh and Crystal, butterbean, Marie and all who love her.  I so hoped Haleigh will be found safe!! 

Foggy Dew
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #506 on: March 15, 2009, 03:39:24 PM »

GRACE: Why do you speak of Haleigh -- why do you speak of Haleigh in the past tense? I notice that you said Haleigh was a child with a lot of physical problems.

PICAZIO: Because she doesn`t have those physical problems anymore

Did anyone see this episode of the Nancy Grace show.  It was the new attorneys first interview.  I think the statements above are very interesting.  I also wonder based on her ( attorney)last statement to what extent Haleigh still has problems with TS. 

Ms Neves had said Haleigh had been very sick in the past. Pneumonia ?
Something else was that Haleigh was more prone to illnesses.
I would  like to know just what the hey and where the hey those 2 kids were on Saturday & Sunday. Were they with the Sykes or the Neves GrandMa ? I still think that whatever was going on for the two to three days before the Monday and who it was going on with is a key element.

Kat, too bad Picazio wasn't pressed, or if so it was edited out.  I take it to mean one of two things: either Haleigh is now housed at a safe haven and is recieving appropriate nurturing and medical care or they have knowledge that she is gone forever.    I wonder if there is any other way to interpret those statements or were they simply intended to be inflammatory or suggestive? 

Foggy
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #507 on: March 15, 2009, 03:40:45 PM »

Oh IM, this is sad, I sure hope something is done, and if need be the little boy Ron, is placed somewhere safer for him. I am concerned for him as well.

Me too, No Rose; ....Poor little Jr.

Please don't flame me (not talking to you now, No Rose;) but I hope they don't just palm Jr. off to the paternal grandparents (b/c CS didn't have residential custody). IMO, Ron learned whatever he learned about "discipline" and "childcare" from somewhere.

Also, I thought it was creepy during Ron's interviews when he mentioned, what seemed to me an inordinate amount of times,  something to the effect of, "That is a well mannered little girl... the best behaved child I ever had..." and other seemingly random comments about "mannered" and "behaved" that didn't really fit with whatever question the reported had asked.

Sometimes (depending on who says it and how) those words can be very chilling.  And I get those chills when Ron said that. 

I was an extremely well mannered child.  Had to be!!  Cuz I knew very early on what would happen to me afterward, or when we got home, had I dared step out of line. 

Here is a post from Player at WS (supposedly checked out to be Ron's last neighbor in the mobile home park)...I thought his words were odd about discipline so I saved his post:

player 
Registered User   Join Date: Mar 2009

To all that replied to my post. Thanks. I believe in fairness. I know Ron and yes he is a little different that me, but he is a great father and was really a good disciplinarian. Both Haliegh and Jr. were respectful, polite and above all neat and clean to a fault. As a former Union Rep with almost 4500 constituents I have learned that it is what lies beneath that really matters. I stick with Ron. The comment about Crystal is just that and that is where we get off track by trying to suggest something more sinister. Thanks to all concerning his record. I feel relieved that we can be and are a fair forum. 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #508 on: March 15, 2009, 03:40:46 PM »

I also have to say, Crystals new lawyer said on tv that they would be pursuing custody and now says they are not.. Why back peddle...You said you were going to do it.. what changed?

Hmmmmm... Great questions, Searching! 

Last I heard that new atty say, was that she was gonna go back to the start of the custody issues and look into it all, beginning from the start.  Wonder if she's had enough time to do that yet.   

NCSunny
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #509 on: March 15, 2009, 03:41:26 PM »

Hey  how come some of our words have green lines underneith them when we didnt put them there?

It's some stuff that Dugga was testing out tonight.  He said he'll be turning if off tonight.  It was just a test.  I told him I didn't like it.

I thought maybe it was something for St.Patrick's day...LOL sorry, I am worn out from packing & trying to catch up here.

NCSunny

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #510 on: March 15, 2009, 03:43:13 PM »

Actually, just looked again at that pic of Haleigh with her hands bandaged... And I take back what I said about her knees looking fine.  Her right knee *looks like* it's pretty banged up.  Thanks for the enlarged pic!!  So maybe she did fall off her bike or something prior to this pic and the palms of her hands may have gotten scraped badly.  A guess..

Ok, now here's where it gets weird!!  In the pic of Haleigh lying on the bleachers, her right knee looks fine.  But in the pic of her sitting up, her right knee looks banged up.  Anyone else see this?  Or do I need to clean my bifocals?     

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #511 on: March 15, 2009, 03:45:22 PM »

Looks like guaze and plastic wrap to me. 

It looked like gauze to me too, Foggy Dew; Some other posters at the time (not you) were suggesting that I was making something out of nothing; so since I couldn't "prove it" I agreed to disagree and relented that it could appear to be either play-gloves or gauze. But it looked like gauze to me initially..... and it still does. **sigh**

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #512 on: March 15, 2009, 03:46:11 PM »

Actually, just looked again at that pic of Haleigh with her hands bandaged... And I take back what I said about her knees looking fine.  Her right knee *looks like* it's pretty banged up.  Thanks for the enlarged pic!!  So maybe she did fall off her bike or something prior to this pic and the palms of her hands may have gotten scraped badly.  A guess..

Ok, now here's where it gets weird!!  In the pic of Haleigh lying on the bleachers, her right knee looks fine.  But in the pic of her sitting up, her right knee looks banged up.  Anyone else see this?  Or do I need to clean my bifocals?     

I thought it looked like a shadow, some type of optical illusion as I noticed the very pic you did of her lying on the bleachers.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #513 on: March 15, 2009, 03:47:52 PM »

There could have been two separate, unrelated events y'all.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #514 on: March 15, 2009, 03:50:29 PM »

I made a call to CFS here about a neighbour. They listened to me.
I stated my concerns, she was a foster parent to 2 fetal alcohol kids. The husband worked away five days a week and this woman was in over her head. Lots of crying from the kiddos, lots of yelling from the foster Mom.
They never got back to me, but I was much more aware of the situation and was willing to follow up more, but within a month, there was a another person there sometimes and the kids were being picked up for a special day care Mon to Fri. She wasn't a bad person and anyone who takes in kids as she was doing must have had the right motivation at the beginning. I could not take in high needs kids with special needs and do the right thing for them 24/7, year in year out.
I never picked up that the Mom knew it was me who made the call.
It took me a long time to make that call and I had to talk it over with a friend who worked at DFS on the finance end of it and my daughter who both encouraged me to call as I was really fretting about it to the point where I was going to go there and do something stupid on my own one night. Like lose my temper while I lectured her not to lose hers. lol 

Thanks for making that call, KatGram!  It could have turned tragic had you not, so am glad you did!  Sounds like she was just overwhelmed, and she was given some much needed support.  Otherwise they likely would have taken those kids, but they didn't, she got help from some programs. 

DFS/CPS (whichever it's called in the different states), won't tell the person who it was that called in the info, even if/when that person asks.  But am glad that they took you seriously and acted on the children's behalf!

See?  Even one person in this world can make a difference in the lives of children!   

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #515 on: March 15, 2009, 03:50:48 PM »

You are right and I noticed that too.  but, it might just be a distortion appearing after the pic was enlarged.

MM
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #516 on: March 15, 2009, 03:54:40 PM »

True, Wyks. And good catch on the elbows, knees BTW. As for the water, it takes time to boil water, and time can't likely be spent waiting on water to boil when there is "discipline" to be administered; However, OTOH, water heated in a container in a microwave is "faster" and "more convenient." *sad sigh*

Also, I didn't want to say this, but Dsntslp's comment about the tips of the fingers brings me to add this. Not that it applies here, I'm just adding a comment on the subject in general.

In some cases of kids' burns (if these are burns, that is) the hands... palms.... backs of the hands, in absence of significant injury to the fingertips can be indicative of a child's hands being held over the eye of a stove.

The child's arms are held by the offender, so the offender doesn't get burned; and the child's palms (or backs of the hands, as the case may be) are held over the heat/flame on the stove.

When the palms are burned, the child can't pick up items that they may have dropped or accidently broken or "touched without permission." Proportedly that is the sick "lesson" the child is supposed to "learn." "Don't touch things that aren't yours."

HORRIFIC.

Of course, a child can get curious and burn him/herself on the stove, but once the burn HURTS the child, he/she pulls his hands AWAY.

rana
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #517 on: March 15, 2009, 03:55:50 PM »

GRACE: Why do you speak of Haleigh -- why do you speak of Haleigh in the past tense? I notice that you said Haleigh was a child with a lot of physical problems.

PICAZIO: Because she doesn`t have those physical problems anymore

Did anyone see this episode of the Nancy Grace show.  It was the new attorneys first interview.  I think the statements above are very interesting.  I also wonder based on her ( attorney)last statement to what extent Haleigh still has problems with TS. 

Ms Neves had said Haleigh had been very sick in the past. Pneumonia ?
Something else was that Haleigh was more prone to illnesses.
I would  like to know just what the hey and where the hey those 2 kids were on Saturday & Sunday. Were they with the Sykes or the Neves GrandMa ? I still think that whatever was going on for the two to three days before the Monday and who it was going on with is a key element.

Kat, too bad Picazio wasn't pressed, or if so it was edited out.  I take it to mean one of two things: either Haleigh is now housed at a safe haven and is recieving appropriate nurturing and medical care or they have knowledge that she is gone forever.    I wonder if there is any other way to interpret those statements or were they simply intended to be inflammatory or suggestive? 

Foggy

If we're talking about Picazio's statement in answer to NG of -PICAZIO: "Because she doesn`t have those physical problems anymore.

I don't know what "problems" were listed and that is relevant to the answer.

But in absence of knowing to what "problems " they are referring (I missed that part of the show) my guess would be that she's referring to something treated and resolved. In other words, my nephew had strep throat. He was treated; He recovered; And he no longer has it.

MOO

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2009, 03:56:28 PM »

Le did not want ANYONE searching on their own.  All search parties were to have 2 LEO's with them at all times.  I believe this was the reason the first days searches were so late in starting out.  Searches ended up having close to, if not more then 100 people in fingertip to fingertip lines in order to accommodate this mandate from LE.
Ron was not allowed by LE to search on his own.  I guess we could say "How could anyone stop him, it is a free country"  But when LE says "NO" in the midst of an investigation people had better listen.
Things may be different now, he may be able to search on his own.  Does he have access to the maps that show what has been previously searched?  It would be futile to try and search without those maps.  Has he even asked for them?  Would LE let him see them if he did ask?
 Searching on his own in the woods would be a very dangerous activity.  There are bogs in those woods that act like quick sand.  You can be on herd ground and the next step you take you are in up to your waist in muck.  Getting out of that muck with no help may be next to impossible if you do not know to lie down flat out and then try to get out.

Also, consider if he did find her.  Just his body in the area would give off skin cells and the scene where she is found is contaminated. If he did come across her, then everyone would cry foul and say he already knew she was there.Some  people already have him guilty in their own minds so no matter what he does, it looks wrong.

I think this is an excellent post and makes total sense.  Your points are very good especially the last paragraph.  And they seem to be carefully thought out.  I believe I have heard people heading up searches saying the same thing.  Tim from EquiSearch for one.  I also heard him say that they don't want the parents or family searching because they might find remains.  They want to save them that grief.

MM
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2009, 03:56:50 PM »

Do you have a link?  I would like to see it also. Do you know when it happened? 

No, I don't have a link, it was on Geraldo's show. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.