March 28, 2024, 07:03:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310097 times)
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #800 on: March 16, 2009, 12:53:41 AM »

Fibsty did talk about a recent interview when she refused to talk with an investigator in the case. 

"There was a new guy that was new to the case and I didn't feel comfortable with him," Fibsty said. "He was being rude, like yelling, pretty much telling me I was a liar." 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #801 on: March 16, 2009, 12:58:53 AM »

I thought the biological mother Crystal was only 17 herself when Haleigh was born.  Seems odd that she would find a 17 year old objectionable for a five year old but herself OK for a newborn?

Aha!!  Good point there, Anna! 

Also would like to include:  Am thinking, as the bio-mom, I'd have a problem with anyone else raising my children, no matter who that person is, the age, or the circumstances.  Including the baby daddy and/or his family.  But especially the baby daddy's new gf/wife who seems to be setting sights on my kids as now being hers, her very own ready-made family.  Someone would have to hold me back. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #802 on: March 16, 2009, 12:58:55 AM »

Fibsty did talk about a recent interview when she refused to talk with an investigator in the case. 

"There was a new guy that was new to the case and I didn't feel comfortable with him," Fibsty said. "He was being rude, like yelling, pretty much telling me I was a liar." 

HMMMMM~can't imagine what gave them that impression

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cubbeegirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #803 on: March 16, 2009, 01:00:47 AM »

I thought the biological mother Crystal was only 17 herself when Haleigh was born.  Seems odd that she would find a 17 year old objectionable for a five year old but herself OK for a newborn?

I could be wrong, but usually bio mothers have a stronger bond with their kids than a g/f who inherited the children via a wangsta.............MOO

I don't think it is particularly wise to use the age of the babysitter when it is the same age as the mother when she gave birth.  And a newborn is definitely far more fragile than a five year old.  Just saying that this is the first question a judge is going to ask her if she tries to regain custody based on a babysitter the same age as she was when she gave birth.

I have to agree with you on this point Anna.... I also agree that a newborn definitely requires much more care and attention than a five year old....
Still wouldnt want Misty watching my chilluns.....

Cubbee, I wouldn't want ANY of those associated with this tragedy caring for my children, either.

Just find the age thingy a bit strange considering it was her own age when the child was born.

But then very little of any of this makes sense to me.  Just not enough information and it appears it may stay that way baring some unforeseen break. 

I agree with you Anna! TeeHee.... how often does that happen!!!!

"Natalee deserves to return to her country...."
    ~ Beth Holloway Twitty ~

Fly free with the angels KK!

We will never forget you sweet Caylee!
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #804 on: March 16, 2009, 01:01:35 AM »

IM do you know when MoRon got custody?

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #805 on: March 16, 2009, 01:02:10 AM »

Gee   it took her this long and this one man to yell at her before she realized they think she is lying, I guess she thought they kept interogating her because she is so cute and precious..............Oh Lord!!!!!!!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #806 on: March 16, 2009, 01:04:00 AM »

The first time I don't have any info on that, but IIRC the re-hearing was Dec 27, 2005

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #807 on: March 16, 2009, 01:05:02 AM »

I don't know I was at work....
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #808 on: March 16, 2009, 01:05:50 AM »

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
sistamarge
Scared Monkey

« Reply #809 on: March 16, 2009, 01:06:26 AM »

Gee   it took her this long and this one man to yell at her before she realized they think she is lying, I guess she thought they kept interogating her because she is so cute and precious..............Oh Lord!!!!!!!

Wellllllll yea.....She passed the poly.......AND    Ron was at work!!!
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #810 on: March 16, 2009, 01:07:27 AM »

The first time I don't have any info on that, but IIRC the re-hearing was Dec 27, 2005

thank you I didnt see the documents so I wasnt sure.  That would put Haleigh around 3 and butterbean was a baby I guess right?

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #811 on: March 16, 2009, 01:08:00 AM »

[
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: March 16, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »

I could be wrong, but usually bio mothers have a stronger bond with their kids than a g/f who inherited the children via a wangsta.............MOO

I don't think it is particularly wise to use the age of the babysitter when it is the same age as the mother when she gave birth.  And a newborn is definitely far more fragile than a five year old.  Just saying that this is the first question a judge is going to ask her if she tries to regain custody based on a babysitter the same age as she was when she gave birth.

If she was ONLY a babysitter that would certainly be true, but she was a the live in caretaker full time of 2 kids (one with needs more than a newborn), also not thinking Crystal ever lost her kids before or had "let them get stole by a dumb biatch boyfriend". Personally, I don;t think that will be the first question on the judges mind

It will be it that's the first reason given for seeking custody as was stated earlier.  And I do believe that the children's father is present much of the time and so the 17 yo should not be the sole provider of care for these children.  I don't think either of them would require more care than a newborn. 

All these lurid tales of abuse just coming up after Haleigh goes missing seem strange also.  It's easy for the non-custodial parent to allege just about anything.  Where was the concern before this happened?

I don't think any of them are going to win Parent of the Year Awards.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #813 on: March 16, 2009, 01:09:36 AM »

thank you I didnt see the documents so I wasnt sure.  That would put Haleigh around 3 and butterbean was a baby I guess right?

I think Haleigh was 2 and butterbean was about 9 months old at the re-hearing.

[
higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #814 on: March 16, 2009, 01:16:45 AM »

If she was ONLY a babysitter that would certainly be true, but she was a the live in caretaker full time of 2 kids (one with needs more than a newborn), also not thinking Crystal ever lost her kids before or had "let them get stole by a dumb biatch boyfriend". Personally, I don;t think that will be the first question on the judges mind

It will be it that's the first reason given for seeking custody as was stated earlier.  And I do believe that the children's father is present much of the time and so the 17 yo should not be the sole provider of care for these children.  I don't think either of them would require more care than a newborn. 

All these lurid tales of abuse just coming up after Haleigh goes missing seem strange also.  It's easy for the non-custodial parent to allege just about anything.  Where was the concern before this happened?

Uhh no disrespect but, do you actually think a 2 year old and five year old wouldnt require more care than a newborn, I mean uh  really...........  The last time I had a newborn when I layed it in its crib.....it stayed.........it took frequent naps throughout the day,   it never ran off and I had to go look for it,  it didnt fight with its sibling and I had to break it up.....it didnt wine for stuff or fall down or throw things or splash water everwhere when it took a bath, just saying..........Id rather have a newborn to care for any day of the week!!!!!!!!!!!

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #815 on: March 16, 2009, 01:17:07 AM »

I agree about the parent of the yr award, but strongly disagree about that being the first question considering Haleigh disappeared on their dime.......also, Ron was arrested on violating a restaining order for DV in Sarasota Fl in 2005, so some judge must have felt there was a good reason to issue that order. I think the judge in a any new custody case is going to look at the circumstances in Haleigh's disappearance first and foremost, and the associates that the dad/g/f surrounded themselves with. You may disagree but I have copy/pasted every FBI criminal profiler's taqke on this case and they see this "abduction" as fishy to say the least. I tned to put faith in them more than your average Joe, but maybe that's just me

Also, when my kids were newborns they were far easier to take care of than toddlers who are active and into everything.

[
Sleepless in Florida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #816 on: March 16, 2009, 01:20:09 AM »

I'd like to reply to the pister that wondered why Chrstal hadnt filed for custody of the kids till now.....Id like to say that first of all, she doesnt live in this town and doesnt know everything that transpired in the day to day actuivities of the children, second, she had already lost custody once abd by now we all know that this is more or less The cummings stomping grounds and with Moma Neves there to stand up in court with Ronald, do myou really think it would do her any good, if she went to court and said, uh  I want custody because a 17 year old is watching the children, do you not think Mother Neves wouldnt have stood up and said no she's not I do, do you not think anything she tried the Cummings family would have stood up in court and lied for Ronald,why of course they would!!!!!!!!  Now though everything is out in the open and she has proof of them staying with Mistie,she has proof that something could happen to the children in Ronalds care, and if this is what it took for me to think that I finally had a chance to get custody of my children.....whell hell I'd be all over it like white on rice too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, am sure hoping that you meant to type 'poster' rather than 'pister'.     Cuz am not sure what a pister is, and not sure I wanna ask.  Although, truth be told, I can be a 'pisser' at times.   

Am curious to know why, yes.  And the things you've said has crossed my mind too.  Sounds like the way I'd be feeling (at least in part) had it been me.   

And just so we don't get jumped on by some, let me hasten to say that we still don't know Ron's side of it.  Am sure I could come up with just as many thought-provoking things that just might be as true as those for Crystal. 

I hate not knowing factual info in this case!  grrrrrrrr

Ron's side of it is, Im gonna get my kids because I dont want Chrstal to leave and as long as I have the kids she will come back and I could use the child support money too just in case sells fall off, oh and Im the big guy in town and I get what I want CONTROL, its all about me,( well as long as Mommie has my back)   OK   Jump away.......but be careful I move quick!!!!!!!!!!

I agree! Good points! And custody battles are so expensive, trust me I know first hand about that from a custody battle with my ex- daughter-in-law over my grand daughter.   Just the retainer fee a lawyer would want up front is probably more than Crystal could scrape up.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #817 on: March 16, 2009, 01:22:09 AM »

I think this is new at least it is new to me that Junior first told a child protection team about the man in black just a few days after Haleigh was taken.

Angel Who Cares02-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Haleigh's brother: Man took her from bedroom
Published: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 10:31 a.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, February 24, 2009 at 10:31 a.m.
<snipped>
Investigators are following up a lead provided by the brother of a missing 5-year-old Putnam County girl that a man came into the room where she was sleeping and took her.
Putnam County sheriff’s Capt. Dick Schauland confirmed that officers had received the lead but didn’t provide any details except that the boy gave the report to members of a child protection team. Ronald Cummings Jr., was 3 when he was interviewed the week Haleigh Ann-Marie Cummings was reported missing from her Satsuma home. “Everything they were able to find out from him they are following up on,” Schauland said.

Interresting, so the man taking her as reported by Jr. isn't new?

klaasend, the first time that Crystal mentioned the man in black was on Nancy Grace's show Feburary 23.

But, Junior mentioned it to the child protection team just after she was taken.

Where does it say that just after she was taken?  Did I miss something?

Sorry Heart, I was quoting from another one that I did not post:

Angel Who Cares02-23-2009, 10:27 PM
Brother: Man in black grabbed Haleigh
Authorities 'following up on that lead'
Story updated at 10:23 PM on Monday, Feb. 23, 2009
<snipped>
Did a man dressed in black sneak into the room where 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings was sleeping two weeks ago and steal her from her bed? That’s what her brother, Ronald Cummings Jr., then 3, told investigators from a child protection team when they interviewed him in the first few days after his sister disappeared.“The Sheriff’s Office is aware of what the little boy said and is following up on that lead,” Capt. Dick Schauland told the Times-Union Monday night, “but we are not commenting on any of the interviews.”

“Our forces have not scaled back,” he said. Of the county’s 17 detectives, five are solely assigned to the Haleigh investigation, he said, and the other dozen work on it as needed. There also are four investigators from the Florida Department of Law Enforcement and an undetermined number of FBI agents working the case, he said.
“They all are still running down the more than 1,600 leads we have received, but nothing has come up that justifies any type of massive ground or water search,” Schauland said.

Article:
http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/crime/2009-02-23/story/brother_man_in_black_grabbed_haleigh

Minnie, check the date of that article.  It just so happens to be the same date that Crystal informed NG about what Jr. had said about the man in black.

And check the time of the article.  It would have been posted after the NG show.

It could be that Angel Who Cares is in the no or perhaps adding more to the story than has been reported.

You may be right but it appears they had interviewed the LE.  Are you saying you think they saw it on NG and are just making it appear they interviewed LE ?
According to the article they spoke with Capt. Dick Schauland on Monday night.  That would have been Feb 23, the same day that Crystal was on NG.  Now I will see if I can find any info of when investigators from a child protection team interviewed Jr.

Plus Minnie, Crystal has never mentioned that Jr told any investigators this. She has always stated that Jr told her that a man dressed in black/a black man dressed in black took his sissy.

that is another thing that I question.  I don't think a 4 year old would use the term "black man" unless he heard someone else say it.  they don't see the color of skin as being any different.  i wonder if he made it up based on over hearing someone else speculating on what happened.  someone in the crowd or whatever.

Ok, I found the following, the Crime Examiner reported on it 2/21/09:

Haleigh Cumming's little brother says man in black took his sister
February 21, 9:42 PM · 19 comments
ShareThis    Feed

Haleigh Cummings

According to News 4 Jax.com, Haleigh Cumming’s little brother, Ronald Cummings Jr. gave his mother a startling bit of information regarding the night his sister was abducted.

The children’s mother, Crystal Sheffield, said that 4-year-old Ronald told her that a man dressed entirely in black entered the home and took Haleigh.

Sheffield relayed this information to authorities and Ronald Jr. was immediately questioned by a team of people who deal with children.

Authorities would not comment on this tip or any other tips they have received in order to protect the integrity of the case.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m2d21-Haleigh-Cummings-little-brother-says-man-in-black-took-his-sister

Heart
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #818 on: March 16, 2009, 01:23:56 AM »

I think Haleigh was 2 and butterbean was about 9 months old at the re-hearing.

So think about it his family probably did help out a lot with the kids for the first few years.  And then he hooked up with different 17 or 16 yr olds (like Amber)for a while til recently he met Misty.  While he was picking up or visiting with Jordan.  Not sure why Jordan hasnt really been mentioned in all this.  But if that is how he met Fibsty then I am sure his parents had been watching that child (jordan)on weekend visits too.  I could see how CS would think he has been a good father all this time but really it has been his mother who has been caring for Haleigh and Jr until recently.  Maybe that is why TN was having someone go and check on the kids like GGM the night Haleigh went missing. 

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #819 on: March 16, 2009, 01:24:18 AM »

I'd like to reply to the pister that wondered why Chrstal hadnt filed for custody of the kids till now.....Id like to say that first of all, she doesnt live in this town and doesnt know everything that transpired in the day to day actuivities of the children, second, she had already lost custody once abd by now we all know that this is more or less The cummings stomping grounds and with Moma Neves there to stand up in court with Ronald, do myou really think it would do her any good, if she went to court and said, uh  I want custody because a 17 year old is watching the children, do you not think Mother Neves wouldnt have stood up and said no she's not I do, do you not think anything she tried the Cummings family would have stood up in court and lied for Ronald,why of course they would!!!!!!!!  Now though everything is out in the open and she has proof of them staying with Mistie,she has proof that something could happen to the children in Ronalds care, and if this is what it took for me to think that I finally had a chance to get custody of my children.....whell hell I'd be all over it like white on rice too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First off, am sure hoping that you meant to type 'poster' rather than 'pister'.     Cuz am not sure what a pister is, and not sure I wanna ask.  Although, truth be told, I can be a 'pisser' at times.   

Am curious to know why, yes.  And the things you've said has crossed my mind too.  Sounds like the way I'd be feeling (at least in part) had it been me.   

And just so we don't get jumped on by some, let me hasten to say that we still don't know Ron's side of it.  Am sure I could come up with just as many thought-provoking things that just might be as true as those for Crystal. 

I hate not knowing factual info in this case!  grrrrrrrr

Ron's side of it is, Im gonna get my kids because I dont want Chrstal to leave and as long as I have the kids she will come back and I could use the child support money too just in case sells fall off, oh and Im the big guy in town and I get what I want CONTROL, its all about me,( well as long as Mommie has my back)   OK   Jump away.......but be careful I move quick!!!!!!!!!!

I agree! Good points! And custody battles are so expensive, trust me I know first hand about that from a custody battle with my ex- daughter-in-law over my grand daughter.   Just the retainer fee a lawyer would want up front is probably more than Crystal could scrape up.

SO TRUE~my retainer 6 yrs ago was $7500.00 and that didn't include all the visits I made to all the other top divorce atty's in town to conflict them out, it pretty much almost bankrupted me, but I didn't care about that in the end I only wanted my child safe, but I was blessed to be able to afford a 2 yr long battle, and sadly alot of people can't, so where do you do from there if you fall into that category of not having the money????

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.