March 28, 2024, 08:58:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310109 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: March 16, 2009, 10:34:02 AM »

I think someone with limited funds wouldn't have a chance of getting a lawyer to take their case. This new lawyer who is working for Crystal pro bono may be the first chance she has had to re-gain custody.   

Depends on where you live -- here in the boondocks it's very inexpensive to put a lawyer on retainer for a custody case, you can even pay a deposit and pay it out.  I'm guessing it might be the same where they live.  Small town attorneys usually, but not always, equal small town fees.   Plus the fact that usually when a woman files for divorce or custody battle, it's normal here that the court is asked in the papers to require the man - or the person with the most money - to pay for her attorney fees. 

IMO, Crystal had options but didn't exercise them either out of not knowing or not caring.  She didn't know why Haleigh had missed so much school in one of her first interviews when she was asked, and she hadn't talked to the children in the two weeks since she'd last seen them.  Not much interest there it would seem to me.  If I was really concerned about a 16 yr old caring for my young children, I'd at least pick up the phone once a day and call.

Ron did not allow Crystal to talk to the kids between visits. It was not a matter of interest, he was the one in control. I've never initiated a custody battle, but I assume that the person filing it has to pay their own attorney fees. And if what you say is true, that the courts require the man to pay for court costs, then why was Crystal hit with child support when she had no job and Ron was making the money? THAT judge certainly did not take that into consideration, did he?
What other options would she have had, without the money to get a lawyer and fight it? As I see it, she may not have realized until now that things were this bad. Just because things are the way they are in your neck of the woods, doesn't mean they are the same other places, or that people like Crystal know what can be done if they know the right people. Plus, I get the impression that she was bullied by Ron's entire family and really felt helpless against them. I've been in that kind of situation... it's tough to buck up against people like that!

errr....she had options..she could have gotten a job to earn money...
also, when a man is ordered to pay child support, he is not excused from owing it or paying it cause he doesn't have  a job...a woman should not get a pass on it either...As Judge Judy would say, your kids still  have to eat...wash dishes if you have to....

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #881 on: March 16, 2009, 10:35:59 AM »

I thought the biological mother Crystal was only 17 herself when Haleigh was born.  Seems odd that she would find a 17 year old objectionable for a five year old but herself OK for a newborn?

I could be wrong, but usually bio mothers have a stronger bond with their kids than a g/f who inherited the children via a wangsta.............MOO

I don't think it is particularly wise to use the age of the babysitter when it is the same age as the mother when she gave birth.  And a newborn is definitely far more fragile than a five year old.  Just saying that this is the first question a judge is going to ask her if she tries to regain custody based on a babysitter the same age as she was when she gave birth.

I would think the judge, if he/she has any sense at all, will first consider that Crystal gave birth to the child, which makes a LOT of difference when caring for one, and that two children make a difference, rather than just an infant, especially if they are not your own. Considering that an infant can not run off and hide, tear things down, jump up and down on the furniture... any number of things kids do to frustrate parents, whereas with an infant, as long as you feed them, bathe them and change their diapers pretty often, everything is pretty well taken care of. And I believe that Crystal had turned 18 by the time Haleigh was born. Being pregnant at 17 does not necessarily mean she was still 17, nine months later.

with respect, let's not tell that to adoptive mothers or to step mothers caring for children...xxxx
because one gives birth to a child does not mean that she will be a better mom in my opinion...look at Casey Anthony, Susan Smith just to name a few....but I do get your point on this...
Crystal will be 24 in April...Haleigh will be 6 in August....so she could have just turned 18 when she gave birth...when is Misty going to be 18?

I believe somewhere Fibsty just turned 17 but I will find out her birthday..

Fibsty birthday-12/09/1991
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: March 16, 2009, 10:37:16 AM »

Misty is young, very young...they all are.....

kids having kids.....so very sad...

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #883 on: March 16, 2009, 10:54:49 AM »

JMO-There have tooo many inconsistancies what happen that day or evening @ the Cummings home when Haleigh went missing. Fibsty own comment that she doesn't know why she told too many inconsistancies. When you tell the truth the stroy does'nt change might add details but never changes..

Some of the Inconsistancies

1. Bus Stop- who picked up haleigh
2. Blanket
3. Where they slept
4. The light
5. Drink or bathroom
6. Granny driving by and just waving or Granny stopped over to deliver clothes
7. Door was forced open- LE says no forced entry

Why all of a sudden their is a marriage?
Why keep on re-enforcing Fibsty is the mom now?
The 911 call- Guilty caller as far as I am concern- They already have an aliby
not to mention a gun and a dumb beech
They only known each other for 5 months and wanted to get marry months ago- Fibsty mom stated.

As far as I am concern the Cummings are hiding something at the cost of a little girl missing... Haleigh...

starcat29
Scared Monkey

my little angel in heaven watching over all of us

« Reply #884 on: March 16, 2009, 10:55:34 AM »

guess no info on the honeymooners
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #885 on: March 16, 2009, 10:56:58 AM »

I thought the biological mother Crystal was only 17 herself when Haleigh was born.  Seems odd that she would find a 17 year old objectionable for a five year old but herself OK for a newborn?

I could be wrong, but usually bio mothers have a stronger bond with their kids than a g/f who inherited the children via a wangsta.............MOO

I don't think it is particularly wise to use the age of the babysitter when it is the same age as the mother when she gave birth.  And a newborn is definitely far more fragile than a five year old.  Just saying that this is the first question a judge is going to ask her if she tries to regain custody based on a babysitter the same age as she was when she gave birth.

I would think the judge, if he/she has any sense at all, will first consider that Crystal gave birth to the child, which makes a LOT of difference when caring for one, and that two children make a difference, rather than just an infant, especially if they are not your own. Considering that an infant can not run off and hide, tear things down, jump up and down on the furniture... any number of things kids do to frustrate parents, whereas with an infant, as long as you feed them, bathe them and change their diapers pretty often, everything is pretty well taken care of. And I believe that Crystal had turned 18 by the time Haleigh was born. Being pregnant at 17 does not necessarily mean she was still 17, nine months later.

with respect, let's not tell that to adoptive mothers or to step mothers caring for children...xxxx
because one gives birth to a child does not mean that she will be a better mom in my opinion...look at Casey Anthony, Susan Smith just to name a few....but I do get your point on this...
Crystal will be 24 in April...Haleigh will be 6 in August....so she could have just turned 18 when she gave birth...when is Misty going to be 18?

I was only referring to THIS case, not all of them, and I did not say anything about being better. I was merely replying to the poster's statement that that would be the first thing a judge would ask.  And in retrospect, Misty was only 16 when she moved in and took over the care of the kids, so if I were Crystal, I would be concerned as well.  I used to babysit kids when I was much younger than that, but I did not have the care of them 24/7 either... that makes a difference. And as far as I know Misty has not adopted them, and was not yet their stepmother when she took on their care. I would bet that she didn't move in just because she loved the kids, her goal was to get Ronnie, and the kids were part of the package.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #886 on: March 16, 2009, 11:01:33 AM »

Supposedly they are home, I'm trying to find something in print, except locals talk that they are home. I'm not having any luck.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #887 on: March 16, 2009, 11:02:48 AM »

JMO-There have tooo many inconsistancies what happen that day or evening @ the Cummings home when Haleigh went missing. Fibsty own comment that she doesn't know why she told too many inconsistancies. When you tell the truth the stroy does'nt change might add details but never changes..

2. Blanket
3. Where they slept
4. The light
5. Drink or bathroom

They only known each other for 5 months and wanted to get marry months ago- Fibsty mom stated.

As far as I am concern the Cummings are hiding something at the cost of a little girl missing... Haleigh...

I'm with you on that, something is off big time, maybe this week there will be some resolution, at least I hope.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #888 on: March 16, 2009, 11:03:04 AM »

Supposedly they are home, I'm trying to find something in print, except locals talk that they are home. I'm not having any luck.

Most likely in my oppinion their seeking a lawyer...
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #889 on: March 16, 2009, 11:03:46 AM »

Yes I'm sure they will, now that Crystal has one.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: March 16, 2009, 11:05:27 AM »

Yes I'm sure they will, now that Crystal has one.

Yep- They have their apples in order..
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #891 on: March 16, 2009, 11:09:05 AM »

2. Blanket
3. Where they slept
4. The light
5. Drink or bathroom

I think so too, but not sure exactly what. I think the whole Cummings family is used to hiding things or covering up for Ronnie.
And I think Ronnie is used to pretty much getting his way, and is very controlling. I think they might all have to take careful steps in order to get along with him. I'm not sure if he actually did the deed, but I think he knows more than he is saying. Same for Misty, I think she has played the LE like a fine fiddle so far, but they have her number and pretty soon it's all going to bust wide open!!

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #892 on: March 16, 2009, 11:11:11 AM »

2. Blanket
3. Where they slept
4. The light
5. Drink or bathroom

I think so too, but not sure exactly what. I think the whole Cummings family is used to hiding things or covering up for Ronnie.
And I think Ronnie is used to pretty much getting his way, and is very controlling. I think they might all have to take careful steps in order to get along with him. I'm not sure if he actually did the deed, but I think he knows more than he is saying. Same for Misty, I think she has played the LE like a fine fiddle so far, but they have her number and pretty soon it's all going to bust wide open!!

Does anyone know if Ronald is Teresa's only son?
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: March 16, 2009, 11:15:15 AM »

2. Blanket
3. Where they slept
4. The light
5. Drink or bathroom

ITA Txlady...
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #894 on: March 16, 2009, 11:20:22 AM »

Good Morning Monkey's

I am on vacation- Where are all the Sweet Monkey's.. Stop Lurking- Its another day-

Lets get this case rolling- We have a little girl Haleigh missing lets seek the answers

together...
crazybabyborg
« Reply #895 on: March 16, 2009, 11:21:18 AM »

New York is a very expensive place to stay. I can't imagine they could be there beyond what the network was paying for.

Hi Monkeys!!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #896 on: March 16, 2009, 11:33:08 AM »

I also think that there are too many inconsistencies in regards to the day that Haleigh went missing...in my opinion, Misty is keeping something to herself and she should come clean...perhaps if this new LE were able to keep questioning her, he could get her to crack...

islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #897 on: March 16, 2009, 11:36:01 AM »

Good Morning Monkey's

I am on vacation- Where are all the Sweet Monkey's.. Stop Lurking- Its another day-

Lets get this case rolling- We have a little girl Haleigh missing lets seek the answers

together...

Morning JG~I'm at work and thought I'd check in to see waz up .......although I may not qualify for a "sweet" monkey

In regards to your other question, Ron is TN's only son.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #898 on: March 16, 2009, 11:36:22 AM »

Haleigh Cummings' new stepmother has not been cleared as a suspect in the 5-year-old's disappearance last month, a senior sheriff's official says.

Maj. Gary Bowling also said Misty Croslin's inability on national television Friday to clear up inconsistent answers was what detectives have faced for weeks.

"Our interviews with her have been pretty much like what you saw on the "Today Show," Bowling said. "We've confronted her with her inconsistencies and America got a sample of our interviews with her."

Bowling also disputed Croslin's assertion on TV that she wasn't a suspect.

"We have not ruled her out as a suspect," he said.

Haleigh's father, Ronald, 25, and Croslin 17, appeared Friday morning on NBC's "Today Show" as part of the program's exclusive coverage of the couple's wedding in Welaka on Thursday.

During the television interview, both said they had been cleared as suspects and had passed polygraph tests.

Bowling said authorities have not released results of the tests, which were given by FBI agents shortly after Haleigh vanished on Feb. 10.

Initially, Putnam County authorities said "the world is a suspect" in Haleigh's disappearance but Bowling narrowed the focus on Friday.

"We haven't eliminated anybody connected to it as a suspect," he said.

On Thursday, Bowling told the Daily News that Croslin's account of what happened was crucial to solving the case.

He also said Croslin walked out of the room while being questioned by detectives on Wednesday.

"Misty is the key to the investigation and we are trying to work through inconsistencies in her account of the critical time period," Bowling said.

Investigators also met Wednesday with Cummings, he said.

"We are satisfied with the interviews that we have had so far with Ronald, and his account of the eight hours in question," Bowling added.

Detectives are building a timeline including anyone who had contact with Haleigh during that time. Bowling described the repeated questioning sessions as a normal part of a major investigation.

"From the beginning, we have said that we will interview anyone, at anytime, as many times as need be, to get information that will help us find Haleigh," he said.

Croslin on Thursday rebuffed an attempt by the Daily News to give her an opportunity to respond to the issues raised about her.

"I would really appreciate it if you people would stop calling me," she said.

Haleigh was reported missing Feb. 10 from her home in Satsuma, south of Palatka.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/14/news/news01.txt

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #899 on: March 16, 2009, 11:37:25 AM »

Good Morning Monkey's

together...

Morning JG~I'm at work and thought I'd check in to see waz up .......although I may not qualify for a "sweet" monkey

In regards to your other question, Ron is TN's only son.

Good Morning...

Her only son hmmmmm....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.