March 28, 2024, 04:11:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310146 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1000 on: March 16, 2009, 02:59:38 PM »

Did anyone hear that a blanket and sheet were found as evidence on the back ramp..

I found this but don't know the facts on this....

The disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings triggered a massive search on land, water and in the air as more than 130 officers from agencies across Northeast Florida responded to the Satsuma area. "We would hope that she is safe," Detective John Merchant said Tuesday. "And we're hoping for the best outcome." The nightmare began about 3 a.m. Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door. Authorities said they were told Haleigh's father, Ronald, had just ended his shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone. "She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything." A 911 call at 3:27 a.m. resulted in Putnam County sheriff's deputies being sent to the home, which is on a dirt road in the Hermit's Cove neighborhood. By daybreak, a Child Abduction Regional Team response was implemented by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at Putnam County's request. A nearly constant convoy of vehicles and personnel from a wide spectrum of agencies rolled into the otherwise quiet neighborhood. A roadblock was set up on the only road out of the neighborhood and deputies thoroughly searched every vehicle that left. Helicopters from Volusia County and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission flew over the neighborhood and a section of the nearby St. Johns River..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=452391223

Went to the myspace above, and am wondering... Does anyone know whose myspace this is?  Curious why much is in spanish.  Friends of the family? 

The part above that talks about the blanket and sheets 'could be' seen as a quote by the detective having been quoted just before that part.  And yet.... it actually is not a quote.  So is the info given about the blanket and sheets given from the reporters viewpoint, having heard the info and given his/her take on it?  Just wondering what LEs exact words were about the linens. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1001 on: March 16, 2009, 02:59:39 PM »

I think someone with limited funds wouldn't have a chance of getting a lawyer to take their case. This new lawyer who is working for Crystal pro bono may be the first chance she has had to re-gain custody.   

Depends on where you live -- here in the boondocks it's very inexpensive to put a lawyer on retainer for a custody case, you can even pay a deposit and pay it out.  I'm guessing it might be the same where they live.  Small town attorneys usually, but not always, equal small town fees.   Plus the fact that usually when a woman files for divorce or custody battle, it's normal here that the court is asked in the papers to require the man - or the person with the most money - to pay for her attorney fees. 

IMO, Crystal had options but didn't exercise them either out of not knowing or not caring.  She didn't know why Haleigh had missed so much school in one of her first interviews when she was asked, and she hadn't talked to the children in the two weeks since she'd last seen them.  Not much interest there it would seem to me.  If I was really concerned about a 16 yr old caring for my young children, I'd at least pick up the phone once a day and call.

Ron did not allow Crystal to talk to the kids between visits. It was not a matter of interest, he was the one in control. I've never initiated a custody battle, but I assume that the person filing it has to pay their own attorney fees. And if what you say is true, that the courts require the man to pay for court costs, then why was Crystal hit with child support when she had no job and Ron was making the money? THAT judge certainly did not take that into consideration, did he?
What other options would she have had, without the money to get a lawyer and fight it? As I see it, she may not have realized until now that things were this bad. Just because things are the way they are in your neck of the woods, doesn't mean they are the same other places, or that people like Crystal know what can be done if they know the right people. Plus, I get the impression that she was bullied by Ron's entire family and really felt helpless against them. I've been in that kind of situation... it's tough to buck up against people like that!

How do you know this to be fact. I have NOT seen that information anywhere. I seen another poster ask you the same question. You keep stating this as fact. HOW do you know this?

Where do you get that impression from?  And I agree Searching.

MM
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1002 on: March 16, 2009, 03:00:19 PM »

I think someone with limited funds wouldn't have a chance of getting a lawyer to take their case. This new lawyer who is working for Crystal pro bono may be the first chance she has had to re-gain custody.   

Depends on where you live -- here in the boondocks it's very inexpensive to put a lawyer on retainer for a custody case, you can even pay a deposit and pay it out.  I'm guessing it might be the same where they live.  Small town attorneys usually, but not always, equal small town fees.   Plus the fact that usually when a woman files for divorce or custody battle, it's normal here that the court is asked in the papers to require the man - or the person with the most money - to pay for her attorney fees. 

IMO, Crystal had options but didn't exercise them either out of not knowing or not caring.  She didn't know why Haleigh had missed so much school in one of her first interviews when she was asked, and she hadn't talked to the children in the two weeks since she'd last seen them.  Not much interest there it would seem to me.  If I was really concerned about a 16 yr old caring for my young children, I'd at least pick up the phone once a day and call.

Ron did not allow Crystal to talk to the kids between visits. It was not a matter of interest, he was the one in control. I've never initiated a custody battle, but I assume that the person filing it has to pay their own attorney fees. And if what you say is true, that the courts require the man to pay for court costs, then why was Crystal hit with child support when she had no job and Ron was making the money? THAT judge certainly did not take that into consideration, did he?
What other options would she have had, without the money to get a lawyer and fight it? As I see it, she may not have realized until now that things were this bad. Just because things are the way they are in your neck of the woods, doesn't mean they are the same other places, or that people like Crystal know what can be done if they know the right people. Plus, I get the impression that she was bullied by Ron's entire family and really felt helpless against them. I've been in that kind of situation... it's tough to buck up against people like that!

How do you know this to be fact. I have NOT seen that information anywhere. I seen another poster ask you the same question. You keep stating this as fact. HOW do you know this?

I saw it in the custody re-hearing papers.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1003 on: March 16, 2009, 03:01:10 PM »

COBRA - CAUTION FOR BAD LANGUAGE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRrzoH4f4Co
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1004 on: March 16, 2009, 03:04:04 PM »

Osama better watch out!!! 

MM
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1005 on: March 16, 2009, 03:05:21 PM »

Now he needs a publicist.

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1006 on: March 16, 2009, 03:05:59 PM »

Did anyone hear that a blanket and sheet were found as evidence on the back ramp..

I found this but don't know the facts on this....

The disappearance of 5-year-old Haleigh Cummings triggered a massive search on land, water and in the air as more than 130 officers from agencies across Northeast Florida responded to the Satsuma area. "We would hope that she is safe," Detective John Merchant said Tuesday. "And we're hoping for the best outcome." The nightmare began about 3 a.m. Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door. Authorities said they were told Haleigh's father, Ronald, had just ended his shift at PDM Bridge in Palatka. His girlfriend, Misty Croslin, said she had been sleeping next to Haleigh, but when she awoke, the blonde-haired girl was gone. "She was sleeping right next to me," Croslin told the Daily News while distributing flyers bearing Haleigh's photo. "I can't believe I didn't hear anything." A 911 call at 3:27 a.m. resulted in Putnam County sheriff's deputies being sent to the home, which is on a dirt road in the Hermit's Cove neighborhood. By daybreak, a Child Abduction Regional Team response was implemented by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement at Putnam County's request. A nearly constant convoy of vehicles and personnel from a wide spectrum of agencies rolled into the otherwise quiet neighborhood. A roadblock was set up on the only road out of the neighborhood and deputies thoroughly searched every vehicle that left. Helicopters from Volusia County and the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission flew over the neighborhood and a section of the nearby St. Johns River..

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=452391223

Went to the myspace above, and am wondering... Does anyone know whose myspace this is?  Curious why much is in spanish.  Friends of the family? 

The part above that talks about the blanket and sheets 'could be' seen as a quote by the detective having been quoted just before that part.  And yet.... it actually is not a quote.  So is the info given about the blanket and sheets given from the reporters viewpoint, having heard the info and given his/her take on it?  Just wondering what LEs exact words were about the linens. 

Page back I asked the same question and made the same comment.  What authority originally posted this or reported it?

MM
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1007 on: March 16, 2009, 03:06:38 PM »

MORE VIDEO - WILLIAM STAUBS AKA - COBRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhGeKRCLTM

TOOLS OF THE TRADE
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1008 on: March 16, 2009, 03:09:47 PM »

Anyone know why Tim Miller and his team hasnt came back for a weekend search?? Strange its like he dont want involved yea know?

It really does seem strange, lady!  I understood when he searched in the beginning, but had to leave for another case.  What's odd is that he hasn't returned to Haleigh's case.  Kinda makes me think that he left the first search for more reasons than having another case.  Cuz unfortunately there's always another case waiting.  Sad  He doesn't usually say the exact reason he leaves a search. 

In the Stacy Peterson case he was treated extremely rude by the family search team, who tried to call the shots and order Tim around.  If it were me, I'd be stepping back with huge gratitude and allow the expert to do his best.  And in that case, even tho some of us knew what was going on, Tim handled the situation with much grace and class.  He did not have a tantrum or complain at his treatment.  He simply packed up and said that he had another case waiting.  Off he went, to another family who needed his expertise.  Am sure he left with a heavy heart, cuz for him it's all about the missing person, and none of the 'politics and game-playing' that can get in the way. 

So for this case, after an astonishingly short search, when he said that he had another case waiting, my hinky meter immediately went up, and I began to look around at all the players in this case.  What's the real reason he left?  Families?  LE?  Red flags galore are down for me, that he has not returned. 

I have to ask this question but first thanking Tim for what he does...but.....does he ever really find anyone??? all I ever read is that he goes to this place and that place but then he packs up as quick as he gets down there....Again, I am not dissing this guy and God love him for what he does, but seriously, I don't recall that they have ever found anyone...any info anyone?

minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1009 on: March 16, 2009, 03:10:32 PM »

MORE VIDEO - WILLIAM STAUBS AKA - COBRA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRhGeKRCLTM

TOOLS OF THE TRADE

And that stuff is legal????

MM
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1010 on: March 16, 2009, 03:10:33 PM »

If LE scattered the blanket and sheet on the ramp, why would they say it in such a way as to imply that is what was found when they came to the scene.

"The nightmare began about 3 a.m. Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets  were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door."

Cause I read it as that is what they found upon coming to the scene.

Look back at the info on that myspace page, it's to the right side of that page.  Looks to me like a news media article from somewhere, copied to that myspace page.  The part above that you have in quotes are not in quotes in that article, so may or may not be LE's actual words.  Could be the reporter's take on what s/he heard or was told.  And yet, could be what LE said, word for word, but wasn't originally typed as a quote. 

Still and all tho, if that's what LE found when they arrived on scene, wonder why it has been reported in two different ways in the media?  We want info about this case, but gosh, it's like either the media messes up the info in their reporting, or were given wrong info that they don't take the time to verify.  We often can't trust that's exactly what happened or what was said.  How frustrating is that!! 

We need pressers, on camera, from LE themselves, dang it!   

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1011 on: March 16, 2009, 03:13:41 PM »

I have to ask this question but first thanking Tim for what he does...but.....does he ever really find anyone??? all I ever read is that he goes to this place and that place but then he packs up as quick as he gets down there....Again, I am not dissing this guy and God love him for what he does, but seriously, I don't recall that they have ever found anyone...any info anyone?

Cookie - there have been several success stories and you can read about them here:

http://texasequusearch.org/

Hope this helps.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
minnie
Scared Monkey

Jubilee

« Reply #1012 on: March 16, 2009, 03:14:15 PM »

If LE scattered the blanket and sheet on the ramp, why would they say it in such a way as to imply that is what was found when they came to the scene.

"The nightmare began about 3 a.m. Haleigh wasn't in bed. The back door of a blue doublewide mobile home was open, and a blanket and sheets  were scattered on the wooden ramp leading from the door."

Cause I read it as that is what they found upon coming to the scene.

Look back at the info on that myspace page, it's to the right side of that page.  Looks to me like a news media article from somewhere, copied to that myspace page.  The part above that you have in quotes are not in quotes in that article, so may or may not be LE's actual words.  Could be the reporter's take on what s/he heard or was told.  And yet, could be what LE said, word for word, but wasn't originally typed as a quote. 

Still and all tho, if that's what LE found when they arrived on scene, wonder why it has been reported in two different ways in the media?  We want info about this case, but gosh, it's like either the media messes up the info in their reporting, or were given wrong info that they don't take the time to verify.  We often can't trust that's exactly what happened or what was said.  How frustrating is that!! 

We need pressers, on camera, from LE themselves, dang it!   

I would not trust any information like this unless I heard it directly from LE.  I never heard this in any of their press releases.  Did anyone else?  Actually this is the first I have heard it.  I heard them say the door was ajar and the other door was blowing in the breeze, but not a word about anything on the ramp.

MM
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1013 on: March 16, 2009, 03:15:09 PM »

Wonder how many times RC can say 'I was at work' in an hour.
Maybe he can get it the record book 

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1014 on: March 16, 2009, 03:16:16 PM »

Hey Monkeys!  I dont post in this thread much because...well, I dont own a helmet and/or boxing gloves.  I do read and follow this sad story though and pray this little girl comes home safe and soon.

WYKS - I have to say that you were my breath of fresh air while catching up today.....I loved the story about the bat and your boys - I was cracking up!  And it was a much needed break from so many unpleasant posts I had read.

Anyways, I was really hoping for some news today....I guess it sounds like I'm gonna have to suffer through NG tonight since Ron will be on....still would rather stab myself in the eye than watch her   

Bye monkeys and have a great day!
Hi Leroy, I don't own a helmet or boxing gloves either, but here I am  Nancy should be interesting tonight, I'm sure Ron will say the same things he always says. 

Hi... I only have a green hat for protection, but will be lurking in support of Heighley.      Chi

Hi again.  Also, I plan to learn to spell Haleigh correctly.
LOL.

Nice to meet you, chi-mama, and:

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1015 on: March 16, 2009, 03:16:21 PM »

Maybe we should count how many times he says that tonight 

Hey, we could take a drink for each time he says it!   

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1016 on: March 16, 2009, 03:17:14 PM »

I for one would love to know who picked up Haleigh at the bus stop, it's not like that is a hard question. 

When you find someone that can answer that one...ask these as well....

Just where was Haleigh sleeping....with Misty..or in her own bed???

Did Misty get up to get a ...DRINK...OR GO TO THE BATHROOM???

Who was at the trailer the night Haleigh went missing???

WHY????  Is everyone giving different answers to very simple questions.

Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1017 on: March 16, 2009, 03:17:28 PM »

Maybe we should count how many times he says that tonight 

If we turn it into and drinking game, bet we'd all be drunk pretty quickly    

That's the best idea of heard yet!!

Agreed, IM.

I just may join you!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1018 on: March 16, 2009, 03:18:55 PM »

Hi chi-mama, and welcome to the cage! 

Is that your chi in the avi?  It's sooooo cute! 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1019 on: March 16, 2009, 03:19:04 PM »

Cookie - there have been several success stories and you can read about them here:

http://texasequusearch.org/

Hope this helps.

thanks Leroy! I will definitely look into it..

also, why are the authorities in this case not required by the Sunset Law (?) to release any info on Haleigh like they did for Caylee? that would dispel some of the rumors maybe...
hopefully NG will ask Ron some tough questions and get rid of some of the questions that all of us have...if he gets smart with her, she will put him in his place I think/hope...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.