March 28, 2024, 11:24:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310119 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1820 on: March 18, 2009, 10:42:05 AM »

Good morning monkeys and guests! 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1821 on: March 18, 2009, 10:44:32 AM »

This is a question and not facts . Wasn't there mention of a couch on the front porch ? When the children were outside eating and said hello to grandma ?
Interesting, now I am wondering why a couch would be on a front porch.

morning Dolce..    there are a lot of folks who live in the woods, who keep what most would consider house furnature, on their front porch.
I have rocking chairs, but, I see a lot of sofas, mostly in the lower paid folks homes.
Don't we have a pic somewhere of the front of the house?
Thank you for the explanation Mio.  That is, um, different!  My HOA would have a coniption fit if we moved our furniture to the front lanai.  LOL

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1822 on: March 18, 2009, 10:46:19 AM »

This is a question and not facts . Wasn't there mention of a couch on the front porch ? When the children were outside eating and said hello to grandma ?
screened in front porch in the south ,a cheap couch is pretty common.
I live in the south, have not seen this one yet!  I have seen rocking chairs and swings and hammocks though.  (I am originally from Gainesville now in Naples....between there and here have not seen this, but according to Mio it happens in the woods)

mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1823 on: March 18, 2009, 10:47:17 AM »

morning Dolce..    there are a lot of folks who live in the woods, who keep what most would consider house furnature, on their front porch.
I have rocking chairs, but, I see a lot of sofas, mostly in the lower paid folks homes.
Thank you for the explanation Mio.  That is, um, different!  My HOA would have a coniption fit if we moved our furniture to the front lanai.  LOL

well, I meant that I have regular outside rockers on my porch.. I am not rich enough to have 2 couches, lol..

TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1824 on: March 18, 2009, 10:48:12 AM »

No, I wish~that was HH, I have talked with Marie several times, and she gave me another contact who is there now to give some info I discovered........I thought it may have been bunk, but it was easy to check out because it was "allegedly" from a local HS teacher who had overheard Misty's friends and relatives talking about how much she disliked Haleigh (I'd go with jealousy) and how she had burned her hands in water for punishment.......this contact has the power to find out if this is true or not, and told me that he had heard very similar stories since his arrival.

OMG, I hope that is not true!!
These witnesses coming forward now is not so hard to believe. Crystal did not live around there, and so may just now be finding out things like that. I am pretty sure she didn't even have contact with Ron or his family, other than when she picked them up every other weekend. I can certainly believe that she trusted him and didn't believe he would hurt them. Truth is.. it might not be Ron who is so abusive, rather it could be Misty. However, I can't see her getting away with putting Haleigh's hands in boiling water, Ron would have stuck HER HEAD in boiling water... he seems to have a temper. Many parents who are too rough on their own kids would go and beat the daylights out of someone else who hurts them.
Some of this stuff is a little too 'convenient.' And people will sometimes lie for whatever reason. Or get the wrong impression for something that is easily explained. You never know! I would say that unless the witness actually SAW this abuse while it was happening, then it's going to be hard to prove it.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1825 on: March 18, 2009, 10:48:40 AM »

well, I meant that I have regular outside rockers on my porch.. I am not rich enough to have 2 couches, lol..

Sounds like yours is done in better taste too.   

Scuterputer
Scared Monkey

Hanging Around

« Reply #1826 on: March 18, 2009, 10:49:00 AM »

This is truth. I live in a very rural area in Georgia, screened in porches are commonly gathering places for family. Its not as redneck or hillbilly as alot of people may think. Its comforting to have the whole family sitting out on the porch, drinking sweet tea, watching the kids play, and taking it slow. =) I remember having many suppers on our screened in porch when I was little. It was a treat to be able to sit outside, watch lightening bugs, and hear crickets chirp. Now I can't even sleep with my window open like I used to when I was little for fear someone may break in.

Just a note, all country folk doesn't equate to uneducated, drug dealing, gang people.

On that note as well, the meaning of a country life is getting lost with the younger group too. Here I see what is happening in Satsuma. Instead of being proud of our country and slow ways, we have youngins (10-18) thinking they don't look so redneck or hillbilly by cussing, doing drugs, and such.

It's sad really how misconceptions can and do slowly make it reality.

Unless a link is provided, all my statements are theories, in my opinion, speculation, etc. None to be taken as fact unless link is provided.
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1827 on: March 18, 2009, 10:49:52 AM »

good morning Wyks 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1828 on: March 18, 2009, 10:50:04 AM »

So nice to see you back Wyks 
TxLady2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1829 on: March 18, 2009, 10:52:16 AM »

I live in the south, have not seen this one yet!  I have seen rocking chairs and swings and hammocks though.  (I am originally from Gainesville now in Naples....between there and here have not seen this, but according to Mio it happens in the woods)

I've seen older couches and recliners on the front porch around here... not often, but I've seen them. Many times when they buy new furniture, they don't haul the old stuff off, they just relegate it to some other location. Like the front porch, 'cause older people like to sit outside and watch the grass grow. I would do the same thing except my front porch is exposed to the elements and it wouldn't last long. And I only have one couch.

Be who you are and say what you think; because those that matter won't mind.. and those that mind, don't matter.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1830 on: March 18, 2009, 10:58:20 AM »

I've seen older couches and recliners on the front porch around here... not often, but I've seen them. Many times when they buy new furniture, they don't haul the old stuff off, they just relegate it to some other location. Like the front porch, 'cause older people like to sit outside and watch the grass grow. I would do the same thing except my front porch is exposed to the elements and it wouldn't last long. And I only have one couch.
So it is used as patio furniture?  Why not just get patio furniture as it is made to withstand the elements, and in the southern aspect, the mildew and mold.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1831 on: March 18, 2009, 10:59:48 AM »

Snipped from the JVM transcripts, from her interview with Crystal last night:

SHEFFIELD: Well, I know for a fact my son told me that. I`m not lying. I did not ask him no questions.

The following weekend after Haleigh went missing I asked him no questions. As soon as I picked him up he said, "Mommy, I want to find my sissy. A man in black took her," and that is what he told me.

SHEFFIELD: Well, at first he did say it was a man dressed in black. And then I asked him the following -- the two weeks later when I got him again I asked him about it. But I didn`t want to question him about it, because I know it`s hard on him enough. And I asked him about it and I was, like, "What about the black -- the person dressed in black." And he said it was a black man dressed in black, and he had squeaky shoes. And the I`m not lying. I have no reason to lie.

Crystal, Crystal... Some of us soooo want to believe you!  You've gone on national tv and contradicted yourself twice in the same interview.   

We know Crystal asked Jr questions, heck most of us prolly would if it were us!  LE typically asks family/friends to hold off asking questions, pumping the child for info.  Hard to do, I know. 

The thing is, Crystal is doing herself NO favors by continuing to say over and again that she did not ask Jr questions.... when she actually did.  Why not just stop, admit it, and say it was hard not to, or something like that. 

This is only makes it harder for some to believe the rest of what she says!     

All IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #1832 on: March 18, 2009, 11:01:14 AM »

No, I wish~that was HH, I have talked with Marie several times, and she gave me another contact who is there now to give some info I discovered........I thought it may have been bunk, but it was easy to check out because it was "allegedly" from a local HS teacher who had overheard Misty's friends and relatives talking about how much she disliked Haleigh (I'd go with jealousy) and how she had burned her hands in water for punishment.......this contact has the power to find out if this is true or not, and told me that he had heard very similar stories since his arrival.

OMG, I hope that is not true!!
These witnesses coming forward now is not so hard to believe. Crystal did not live around there, and so may just now be finding out things like that. I am pretty sure she didn't even have contact with Ron or his family, other than when she picked them up every other weekend. I can certainly believe that she trusted him and didn't believe he would hurt them. Truth is.. it might not be Ron who is so abusive, rather it could be Misty. However, I can't see her getting away with putting Haleigh's hands in boiling water, Ron would have stuck HER HEAD in boiling water... he seems to have a temper. Many parents who are too rough on their own kids would go and beat the daylights out of someone else who hurts them.
Some of this stuff is a little too 'convenient.' And people will sometimes lie for whatever reason. Or get the wrong impression for something that is easily explained. You never know! I would say that unless the witness actually SAW this abuse while it was happening, then it's going to be hard to prove it.

The HS teacher is not the first hand account witness they have, that is someone else.  The HS teacher posted this on the Clint VAN zANDT blog, and I thought it would be easy enough to for this contact to get the IP addy and trace where the email was originated and to whom it was registered, then go question this teacher as to whether or not she heard this.........could be nothing, but I thought better safe than sorry and the contact I gave the info too asked me to pls email the link to the blog and the specific post after he had heard abuse allegations.

They DO however have a witness who saw abuse first hand, although they are scared chitless of Ron, they will testify.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Scuterputer
Scared Monkey

Hanging Around

« Reply #1833 on: March 18, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »

Also a note:

Please don't anyone think that I was accusing anyone of saying that country folk were dumb. Just when I get on the internet and browse around, I see alot of "trailer trash" "white trash" "hillbilly" "inbred" "redneck" comments about country people.

Its the same as throwing terms out there about a black man or woman that live in a unpopular area of a city.

I again have not seen those terms thrown around here at all, and its really nice to see that. Guess in my own weird way it would be nice to share memories of what rural living is about, as I would like someone to share what urban living was about.

*goes back to lurking*

Unless a link is provided, all my statements are theories, in my opinion, speculation, etc. None to be taken as fact unless link is provided.
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1834 on: March 18, 2009, 11:02:21 AM »

Heart, thank you for posting this!

Just thinking how very much this case is like watching a tennis match.  We're gonna get whiplash watching this back-and-forth stuff bet. Ron/family and Crystal/family.   

Interesting that it seems both sides have taken this into the media.  Each side is taking turns making statements against the other side.  Wonder which show Ron/family will be on next, cuz the ball is in his court, his turn.  Sigh.   

I gotta make an appt with my chiropractor!

Howdy Wyks!

Welcome back.  Good to see you. 

Yes, this ping pong game will either keep one on their toes or totally exhaust one.

Also we have another game going on simultaneously. 

The city slicker attorney Kim P. (as she has referred to herself) vs the small town backwood country idjits 

Heart
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1835 on: March 18, 2009, 11:02:23 AM »

Good Morning Wyks~didn't see you up there.......

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1836 on: March 18, 2009, 11:03:03 AM »

Sounds like yours is done in better taste too.   

They are nice antique rockers I found in west virginia many years ago. And I agree with Scuter, that southern living has changed. The area  of Satsuma had once been an orange grove area. hence the name. ( satsuma oranges)
 I am sure many families including mine still sit on the front porch, watching the lightening bugs, while drinking a big mason jar full of sweet tea.( ie saw my first one 2 nights ago)

These areas that once had industrial work, or at least citrus plant work, now have no oranges, and the families that sat safely on porches do close windows for fear of being taken. 

I was born and raised in florida, family goes back to 1700 that I can find.  When disney came to orlando, the small town became one to lock our doors. Now, the crime is finding its way into the woods, where lots of us have come to hide for safety.

And Dolce, when I was a kid, I frequented the Devils Millhopper in Gainsville, before it was known to be a place that has many telling signs of history of florida.  I liked florida much better when I was a kid.  I know then, that the children were watched. At least all the kids I knew were.
sorry for ot and "mio thoughts"....Must be spring fever making me woozie !!   

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1837 on: March 18, 2009, 11:04:47 AM »

The HS teacher is not the first hand account witness they have, that is someone else.  The HS teacher posted this on the Clint VAN zANDT blog, and I thought it would be easy enough to for this contact to get the IP addy and trace where the email was originated and to whom it was registered, then go question this teacher as to whether or not she heard this.........could be nothing, but I thought better safe than sorry and the contact I gave the info too asked me to pls email the link to the blog and the specific post after he had heard abuse allegations.

They DO however have a witness who saw abuse first hand, although they are scared chitless of Ron, they will testify.
Interesting, and very sad. 

Now I want to know why anyone in the world would be afraid of Ron.  The guy is a twig...sure he looks a bit rough, but seriously, he seems like a bit of a panz.  Cobra would be able to get it out of him for sure.

Today
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1838 on: March 18, 2009, 11:05:04 AM »

It really isn't that different, I lived in the city for years without air conditioning and we had our beds on the porch in summer.  I've also lived in the country and we did our wash on the porch.  I think a HOA with all the rules would drive me crazy.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1839 on: March 18, 2009, 11:10:18 AM »

Snipped from the JVM transcripts, from her interview with Crystal last night:

SHEFFIELD: Well, I know for a fact my son told me that. I`m not lying. I did not ask him no questions.

The following weekend after Haleigh went missing I asked him no questions.[/b] As soon as I picked him up he said, "Mommy, I want to find my sissy. A man in black took her," and that is what he told me.

SHEFFIELD: Well, at first he did say it was a man dressed in black. And then I asked him the following -- the two weeks later when I got him again I asked him about it. But I didn`t want to question him about it, because I know it`s hard on him enough. And I asked him about it and I was, like, "What about the black -- the person dressed in black." And he said it was a black man dressed in black, and he had squeaky shoes. And the I`m not lying. I have no reason to lie.
[/color]

Crystal, Crystal... Some of us soooo want to believe you!  You've gone on national tv and contradicted yourself twice in the same interview.   

We know Crystal asked Jr questions, heck most of us prolly would if it were us!  LE typically asks family/friends to hold off asking questions, pumping the child for info.  Hard to do, I know. 

The thing is, Crystal is doing herself NO favors by continuing to say over and again that she did not ask Jr questions.... when she actually did.  Why not just stop, admit it, and say it was hard not to, or something like that. 

This is only makes it harder for some to believe the rest of what she says!     

All IMO.

I wish I had seen this interview, but from the transcript it seems possible to me that the very first weekend that he made the disclosure she didn't ask questions.......BUT, on the next visit two weeks later she did ask him, but not go into in depth questioning.........again, I don't know that to be the case as I did not hear it, but that is how I read the transcipt Also, didn't the transcipt completely leave out the bouncing couch part that everyone talked about??????

[
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.