March 28, 2024, 04:06:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #7 3/14/09 - 3/18/09  (Read 310082 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1880 on: March 18, 2009, 12:23:48 PM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Mother of Missing Girl Accusing Father of Abuse

By
Jeremy Ratliff
@ March 18, 2009 6:48 AM Permalink

The mother of Haleigh Cummings is accusing the girl's father of abusing his two kids.

Crystal Sheffield's attorney Kim Picazio tells our news partner Channel Four that Ronald Cummings abused both of his kids.

"Still, there are laws here that need to be adhered to," says Picazio.  "It's legally and morally wrong, and he needs to be brought to justice."

They are filing a complaint with the Department of Children and Families to get custody of Haleigh's younger brother.

Family members of Ronald Cummings say these claims are completely false.

The D.C.F. says it is checking out the claims.

Haleigh has been missing more than a month and police continue to say they have no idea where she is.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/03/morther-of-missing-girl-accusi.html

Well that contradicts what Kim said just yesterday that she was not suing for custody at this time.   She sure doesnt make any bones about making serious allegations not unlike her client & her mother, they better have some very solid evidence and not hearsay after making blanant statements publicly similar to the attempt to say Ron abused Haleigh when it was a witnessed school accident that the school & medical personnel reportedly confirmed....that being said if it can be proven he did beyond speculation, hearsay, or coerced statements of a minor by an adult you bet he should be prosecuted.

They are talking about another incident and they have a first hand witness ready to testify, however IMO Misty and possibly Ron should be prosecuted for obstructing an investigation. If I were Crystal, I'd have filed so fast it would have made their head spin, after all Haleigh did "get stole on the dumb biatch girlfriends" watch, and they have both continued their CoverMy@ss mode and that is NOT helping to bring Haleigh home

good morning, im.....did I read where you went to satsuma?
I agree with your words and thoughts. Bottom line, is Haleigh is missing.

No, I wish~that was HH, I have talked with Marie several times, and she gave me another contact who is there now to give some info I discovered........I thought it may have been bunk, but it was easy to check out because it was "allegedly" from a local HS teacher who had overheard Misty's friends and relatives talking about how much she disliked Haleigh (I'd go with jealousy) and how she had burned her hands in water for punishment.......this contact has the power to find out if this is true or not, and told me that he had heard very similar stories since his arrival.

IM...respectfully, I am shocked that you would repeat such a thing without knowing for sure that this is true...this sounds all like a bunch of hear say and gossip to me....sorry if this offends you but I think that some of this stuff in my opinion is just going way beyond what should or should not be discussed....just me saying this and you carry on, it is your priority of course but I again, am shocked....

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1881 on: March 18, 2009, 12:26:12 PM »

Ron was not calling Fibsty a dumb beech - he was calling the operator a dumb beech...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNe0zHiLtgo

On the police report it states that Ron said "my dumb b*tch girlfriend lost my daughter"

*goes to find that police report again*

I missquoted. It says on the police report that Ron said that his "dumb b*tch girlfriend" told him that his daughter was missing.

Irregardless, it was wrong to say that. He was the one who put her in charge of his daughter.

Yes ITA it was totally wrong to call his caretaker that and future wife but in the interview with Fibsty she stated it was the operator he made that comment to ...

In the video -Fibsty put Haleigh's blanket on her, then "I made up my bed".....made up her bed?  Where was Jr. then?

Either she made the bed with the child in it, which wouldn't make much sense, or Jr was on the couch in the living room watching his video. I'm even wondering if the kids were even prepared for bed that night.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1882 on: March 18, 2009, 12:26:29 PM »

Also a note:

Please don't anyone think that I was accusing anyone of saying that country folk were dumb. Just when I get on the internet and browse around, I see alot of "trailer trash" "white trash" "hillbilly" "inbred" "redneck" comments about country people.

Its the same as throwing terms out there about a black man or woman that live in a unpopular area of a city.

I again have not seen those terms thrown around here at all, and its really nice to see that. Guess in my own weird way it would be nice to share memories of what rural living is about, as I would like someone to share what urban living was about.

*goes back to lurking*

Very true Scuter!! 

My sons and I moved from the big city (Sacramento) to a small rural town in No. Nebraska.  The first cultural diff. is fences.  Out in Cali, every house has a 6ft fence (or higher) between them and the next house, only feet away.  Fences surround the yard on all three sides, sometimes out front too.  Here in Nebraska, the nearest house was like half a mile away.  No fences!!  Our house was on 2 1/2 acres, bordered on two sides by a river. 

First night we lived there, a man cut across our back yard area, to get to a little store down the road.  Thought my sons were gonna go ballistic!  How DARE he step into our yard???     Out in Cali a person could get shot for that.  I had to yell at son, don't go giving that poor man a heart attack!  In Nebraska that's the way of life. 

And I love it here!  Slow moving, mostly peaceful, birds chirping, stars at night, no fences which equate to neighbors getting to know neighbors. 

bordered by the river, how peaceful, and lets go fishin !!

It sure was peaceful!  No fishin tho, not in that mucky ucky water.  We were a mile or so downstream from a factory.  blech!  We all live in apts now.  This time we're bordered by alfalfa fields.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1883 on: March 18, 2009, 12:28:09 PM »

OK , we had some fun wth it . Jr. said the couch was bouncing and squeeking shoes . Could Misty have been havin some activity on the front porch on a couch placed on a porch that would sqeek more than a trailer floor ?

Yeppers, that's possible! 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1884 on: March 18, 2009, 12:28:20 PM »

TxLady..I have seen it on NG and JVM and those shows that they have said that they don't think that now is the time...now it could have been mentioned by someone else on the shows on different nights that it is the right thing to do...

Capps....I agree with your last post as well...
the whole family is messed up it seems..both sides of the family...still Haleigh just seemed to be so happy and so loving....someone, somewhere did something right I would like to think...sigh;

True enough. I don't believe I've ever seen a family with as many court cases and arrest records, it's just unbelievable! I come from a big family on both sides, and most of us have never seen the inside of a jail, and never been to court except for jury duty. Well, I did have to appear once, for my divorce.
But, if I had a child who went missing while a teenage girlfriend was responsible for her, I think I would want the other child out of there too. I agree that airing these things on t.v. is not the best solution, it should be private, but like I said, we've got the media to thank for that. I've read a lot of comments saying Crystal should have fought for custody a long time ago, but now that she is... she still gets bashed for it. She can't win!
I hope this whole thing is resolved soon, Haleigh is found, and everybody can breath again.

this is what I meant about ron earlier when you quoted my post...Ron is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't as well....if he cries it is fake, if he isn't right at the sight, he doesn't care etc....I think that a lot of things have been misquoted in this case and a lot of gossip on both sides...neither of them can do anything right in the publics eyes at different times...

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1885 on: March 18, 2009, 12:30:06 PM »

Ron was not calling Fibsty a dumb beech - he was calling the operator a dumb beech...

On the police report it states that Ron said "my dumb b*tch girlfriend lost my daughter"

I missquoted. It says on the police report that Ron said that his "dumb b*tch girlfriend" told him that his daughter was missing.

Irregardless, it was wrong to say that. He was the one who put her in charge of his daughter.

Yes ITA it was totally wrong to call his caretaker that and future wife but in the interview with Fibsty she stated it was the operator he made that comment to ...

In the video -Fibsty put Haleigh's blanket on her, then "I made up my bed".....made up her bed?  Where was Jr. then?

Either she made the bed with the child in it, which wouldn't make much sense, or Jr was on the couch in the living room watching his video. I'm even wondering if the kids were even prepared for bed that night.

ITA...It boils down again where were the children sleeping , what time and with who... I just hope Haleigh was not in their bed an wet the bed and Fibsty was furious..
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1886 on: March 18, 2009, 12:31:05 PM »

Am thinking he said this a couple different times, not just once.  911 call and to a police officer.  Perhaps again in interviews? 

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1887 on: March 18, 2009, 12:31:47 PM »

Good morning Monkeys!

Mother of Missing Girl Accusing Father of Abuse

By
Jeremy Ratliff
@ March 18, 2009 6:48 AM Permalink

The mother of Haleigh Cummings is accusing the girl's father of abusing his two kids.

Crystal Sheffield's attorney Kim Picazio tells our news partner Channel Four that Ronald Cummings abused both of his kids.

"Still, there are laws here that need to be adhered to," says Picazio.  "It's legally and morally wrong, and he needs to be brought to justice."

They are filing a complaint with the Department of Children and Families to get custody of Haleigh's younger brother.

Family members of Ronald Cummings say these claims are completely false.

The D.C.F. says it is checking out the claims.

Haleigh has been missing more than a month and police continue to say they have no idea where she is.

http://wokv.com/localnews/2009/03/morther-of-missing-girl-accusi.html

Well that contradicts what Kim said just yesterday that she was not suing for custody at this time.   She sure doesnt make any bones about making serious allegations not unlike her client & her mother, they better have some very solid evidence and not hearsay after making blanant statements publicly similar to the attempt to say Ron abused Haleigh when it was a witnessed school accident that the school & medical personnel reportedly confirmed....that being said if it can be proven he did beyond speculation, hearsay, or coerced statements of a minor by an adult you bet he should be prosecuted.

They are talking about another incident and they have a first hand witness ready to testify, however IMO Misty and possibly Ron should be prosecuted for obstructing an investigation. If I were Crystal, I'd have filed so fast it would have made their head spin, after all Haleigh did "get stole on the dumb biatch girlfriends" watch, and they have both continued their CoverMy@ss mode and that is NOT helping to bring Haleigh home

good morning, im.....did I read where you went to satsuma?
I agree with your words and thoughts. Bottom line, is Haleigh is missing.

No, I wish~that was HH, I have talked with Marie several times, and she gave me another contact who is there now to give some info I discovered........I thought it may have been bunk, but it was easy to check out because it was "allegedly" from a local HS teacher who had overheard Misty's friends and relatives talking about how much she disliked Haleigh (I'd go with jealousy) and how she had burned her hands in water for punishment.......this contact has the power to find out if this is true or not, and told me that he had heard very similar stories since his arrival.

oic....yes, I too read about what that teacher said and the boiling water.
I hope he is able to gain some truths that will help to find Haleigh soon..

for my own shock of all this, where did you read it at please? on here? not being a jerk, but I am just wondering where some of this comes from...a person who told a person who knows the family who knows this guy down the street who is married to my 4th cousin is not who I am believing in this case....it is really getting too hard to imagine...Again, I am not trying to be a jerk, I am really really concerned a bout a few things going on here...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1888 on: March 18, 2009, 12:37:30 PM »

OMG, I hope that is not true!!
These witnesses coming forward now is not so hard to believe. Crystal did not live around there, and so may just now be finding out things like that. I am pretty sure she didn't even have contact with Ron or his family, other than when she picked them up every other weekend. I can certainly believe that she trusted him and didn't believe he would hurt them. Truth is.. it might not be Ron who is so abusive, rather it could be Misty. However, I can't see her getting away with putting Haleigh's hands in boiling water, Ron would have stuck HER HEAD in boiling water... he seems to have a temper. Many parents who are too rough on their own kids would go and beat the daylights out of someone else who hurts them.
Some of this stuff is a little too 'convenient.' And people will sometimes lie for whatever reason. Or get the wrong impression for something that is easily explained. You never know! I would say that unless the witness actually SAW this abuse while it was happening, then it's going to be hard to prove it.

TxLady...I totally agree with this...! If this stuff turns out to be malicious gossip, it is unconscionable that anyone is saying this stuff and repeating it in my opinion...sometimes people will want their 5 minutes of fame by coming forth with this kindof stuff...my thoughts, if someone knew this happened and never came forward till now,,,,shame on them!

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1889 on: March 18, 2009, 12:39:38 PM »

Hi Jersey!  Yeah, good point!  If Misty said that in the video, then this is another inconsistency, cuz she didn't say it like that in other interviews.  I've heard her say on tv that she covered Haleigh with the (laundered) blanket and then went to bed herself.  Not mentioned then at least, that she 'made up' her bed first. 

Kinda does make one wonder where Jr. was during that time.  Had she put Jr. in her bed at 8pm before she washed the linens, then had to make up that bed at 10p or so, we are actually to believe that she got a sleeping child out of that bed just to make it up?  Hmmmm.. I'm betting she just tossed the clean blanket onto the bed and fell into it. 

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1890 on: March 18, 2009, 12:40:34 PM »

Am thinking he said this a couple different times, not just once.  911 call and to a police officer.  Perhaps again in interviews? 

I am totally shock will all these inconsistancies....
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1891 on: March 18, 2009, 12:42:30 PM »

Is it okay to say I do not believe any of the boiling water stuff ? This would have come up a long time ago . Grandmas, teachers . and crystal
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1892 on: March 18, 2009, 12:44:55 PM »

Snipped from the JVM transcripts, from her interview with Crystal last night:

SHEFFIELD: Well, I know for a fact my son told me that. I`m not lying. I did not ask him no questions.

The following weekend after Haleigh went missing I asked him no questions. As soon as I picked him up he said, "Mommy, I want to find my sissy. A man in black took her," and that is what he told me.

SHEFFIELD: Well, at first he did say it was a man dressed in black. And then I asked him the following -- the two weeks later when I got him again I asked him about it. But I didn`t want to question him about it, because I know it`s hard on him enough. And I asked him about it and I was, like, "What about the black -- the person dressed in black." And he said it was a black man dressed in black, and he had squeaky shoes. And the I`m not lying. I have no reason to lie.

Crystal, Crystal... Some of us soooo want to believe you!  You've gone on national tv and contradicted yourself twice in the same interview.   

We know Crystal asked Jr questions, heck most of us prolly would if it were us!  LE typically asks family/friends to hold off asking questions, pumping the child for info.  Hard to do, I know. 

The thing is, Crystal is doing herself NO favors by continuing to say over and again that she did not ask Jr questions.... when she actually did.  Why not just stop, admit it, and say it was hard not to, or something like that. 

This is only makes it harder for some to believe the rest of what she says!     

All IMO.

hey Wykers! precisely! don't lie...her, Misty or ron....don't lie!
I know darn well right or wrong if my kid came up with an explanation of who may have taken my other child, I would ask him every question I could think of and I would admit it...it would be too hard to not ask the questions...it is hard to believe that she would calmly not say anything to him and then take him to the proper channels and not say a word? not buying it and besides she has already been caught in a fib here...in my opinion

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1893 on: March 18, 2009, 12:44:56 PM »

IM...respectfully, I am shocked that you would repeat such a thing without knowing for sure that this is true...this sounds all like a bunch of hear say and gossip to me....sorry if this offends you but I think that some of this stuff in my opinion is just going way beyond what should or should not be discussed....just me saying this and you carry on, it is your priority of course but I again, am shocked....
I appreciate IslandMonkey sharing what she has heard with us.  Really, how much do we really know for sure, right now? 

I grasp for any little bit of info, and then form my own opinion.  This case is just exhausting, isn't it?

Last thing,  IMO only, I consider gossip as something said in order to deliberately hurt/sabotage the person being discussed.  I do not believe that is what IM is doing.  She is sharing with us what she's discovered/heard.

Perhaps someone is reading out there, and will decide to share their personal knowledge regarding what IM heard. 

Okay, sorry to talk so much.  tcu
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1894 on: March 18, 2009, 12:45:49 PM »

Hi NoRose!  Am wondering the same thing... It's been reported by Gma that she saw the kids eating dinner on the porch around 7p.  Misty says the kids watched videos and went to bed at 8p.  Doesn't mention them having a bath or getting into their jammies before bed, which moms everywhere know takes a bit of time.  Heh.  From what Misty has said, in several different ways, seems to me those kids fell into bed wearing whatever they had on that day. 

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1895 on: March 18, 2009, 12:46:06 PM »

Hi Jersey!  Yeah, good point!  If Misty said that in the video, then this is another inconsistency, cuz she didn't say it like that in other interviews.  I've heard her say on tv that she covered Haleigh with the (laundered) blanket and then went to bed herself.  Not mentioned then at least, that she 'made up' her bed first. 

Kinda does make one wonder where Jr. was during that time.  Had she put Jr. in her bed at 8pm before she washed the linens, then had to make up that bed at 10p or so, we are actually to believe that she got a sleeping child out of that bed just to make it up?  Hmmmm.. I'm betting she just tossed the clean blanket onto the bed and fell into it. 

I just can't fathom why Ron would marry Fibsty when she was the last to see Haleigh before she went missing and has told time after time too many inconsistant stories on what happened that day. One and one is not adding to 2...What the heck are they hiding or covering up...JMO...
Scuterputer
Scared Monkey

Hanging Around

« Reply #1896 on: March 18, 2009, 12:51:46 PM »

I know this is wrong of me....but when has her story been straight. Thats another discrepancy if shes saying that. Its documentented by the police officer of what was said to him, now Misty is saying no thats wrong, the officer got it wrong? 

Unless a link is provided, all my statements are theories, in my opinion, speculation, etc. None to be taken as fact unless link is provided.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #1897 on: March 18, 2009, 12:52:09 PM »

TxLady..I have seen it on NG and JVM and those shows that they have said that they don't think that now is the time...now it could have been mentioned by someone else on the shows on different nights that it is the right thing to do...

Capps....I agree with your last post as well...
the whole family is messed up it seems..both sides of the family...still Haleigh just seemed to be so happy and so loving....someone, somewhere did something right I would like to think...sigh;

True enough. I don't believe I've ever seen a family with as many court cases and arrest records, it's just unbelievable! I come from a big family on both sides, and most of us have never seen the inside of a jail, and never been to court except for jury duty. Well, I did have to appear once, for my divorce.
But, if I had a child who went missing while a teenage girlfriend was responsible for her, I think I would want the other child out of there too. I agree that airing these things on t.v. is not the best solution, it should be private, but like I said, we've got the media to thank for that. I've read a lot of comments saying Crystal should have fought for custody a long time ago, but now that she is... she still gets bashed for it. She can't win!
I hope this whole thing is resolved soon, Haleigh is found, and everybody can breath again.

this is what I meant about ron earlier when you quoted my post...Ron is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't as well....if he cries it is fake, if he isn't right at the sight, he doesn't care etc....I think that a lot of things have been misquoted in this case and a lot of gossip on both sides...neither of them can do anything right in the publics eyes at different times...

That's true!  Seems that all the players in this case are in a no-win situation, damned if they do, damned if they don't.  IMO, they all just need to say 'no comment' to the media, tell LE the honest to gosh truth, and let LE get on with their investigation. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1898 on: March 18, 2009, 12:52:57 PM »

I appreciate IslandMonkey sharing what she has heard with us.  Really, how much do we really know for sure, right now? 

I grasp for any little bit of info, and then form my own opinion.  This case is just exhausting, isn't it?

Last thing,  IMO only, I consider gossip as something said in order to deliberately hurt/sabotage the person being discussed.  I do not believe that is what IM is doing.  She is sharing with us what she's discovered/heard.

Perhaps someone is reading out there, and will decide to share their personal knowledge regarding what IM heard. 

I agree with what you just said, I appreciate any info as well, and I don't feel anyone is gossiping. One point I would like to bring up, Crystal last night saying about Jr and the bouncing couch could LE have told her to say that to pressure Misty? I don't know the workings of LE, so would appreciate input on that.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1899 on: March 18, 2009, 12:59:12 PM »

until it is proven it is still gossip...in my opinion...and I have said that everyone can carry on, believe what you want but I still think that some things are so blown out of proportion and that anyone, anywhere, any forum can say that they heard this or that, does not mean that it is true... not you IM...but the blogger on CVS .....because someone goes on a blog anonymously and says that this is what they heard happened, is not necessarily true and I am sure that all of us know that...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.