April 18, 2024, 11:28:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Why Parents are taking their Tots to shrinks.  (Read 4334 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« on: October 24, 2006, 02:02:16 PM »

This is a topic on FOX news today.

Don't know what they said.

I thought 'because parents don't know how to parent'.
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 08:36:49 PM »

Quote from: "Carnut"
This is a topic on FOX news today.

Don't know what they said.

I thought 'because parents don't know how to parent'.

Well, snotters, Car! I really wanna know the answer.

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:01:27 PM »

It's my opinon because parents have forgotten how to parent... it seems like there is no such thing as kids just being kids anymore... or that we seem to think that they must have every once of their time filled with "entertainment" or "learning"....

anyone remember road trips prior to DVD in the car?  you either read a book, played punch buggy, made faces at other cars, or did something to entertain yourself... or you slept.

I mean before you start preschool these days you have to be able to do what took us until 3rd grade ... they have to speak two languages, write, read and do algerbra... and spell .. which true enough, I have forgotten since the invention of spell check...

I think that we have made kids into mini adults and it's not doing them anyh good... but that's all just my opinion... I wish I had seen the special!!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 03:39:30 PM »

Maybe if they would have taken their children to Sunday School/Church, and had taken the time to "raise up" their children, they wouldn't need a someone to tell them what's wrong.

More........later.  This is my favorite subject............

Rock On!!  Cool
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 04:36:52 PM »

If you are  good parent, and raise your child to be a productive, secure adult, then you can be friends. Too many parents want to be friends while raising a child, and are afraid to make a child angry by disciplining when misbehavior occurs. It's hard to stick to your guns, but you have to do it for the child's sake. You also have to allow your child to experience failure, and learning from mistakes, as hard as that is too. A parent should impose consequences for rule breaking, and let the child experience that feeling.A child should feel bad when he/she does something wrong. If you never experience remorse for your actions, then you fail to develop a conscience. Too many parents don't let their kids learn these life lessons in childhood, so these kids become unhappy as adults. I think parents don't understand that real self-esteem comes from knowing that you can handle life, and any crisis that comes along, support yourself and succeed. It's a belief in yourself based on actual life experiences, not based on Mommy and Daddy protecting you and covering for your every mistake. Being able to stand on your on two feet in confidence is a wonderful gift.
Parents have turned everything into a psychological crisis, intead of using common sense. Very few kids actually need intervention from a mental health professional.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.