March 28, 2024, 06:24:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MARCH MADNESS BRACKETS  (Read 19059 times)
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: March 23, 2009, 05:54:11 PM »

Thank You Michigan State for laying waste to So. Cal!!!!
It was a beautiful thing to watch!

beans....you must've misread the spell because Pitt beat my Oklahoma State Cowboys this afternoon....dang it.

pdh - how is this? 

Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
Fillet of a fenny snake
In the cauldron boil and bake;
Eye of newt, and toe of frog,
Wool of bat, and tongue of dog,
Adder's fork, and blind-worm's sting,
Lizard's leg and owlet's wing,
For a charm of powerful trouble,
Like a hell-broth, boil and bubble.
Double, double, toil and trouble;
Fire burn, and cauldron bubble.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2009, 09:34:06 PM »

I think you maybe accidently misdirected it to AU's Nell's Belles, who got their behinds handed to them tonight by Rutgers.... They were awful for some unknown reason....like a superior opponent, maybe! The girls just never jelled tonight. I think maybe it was either nerves or exhaustion, but Rutgers dominated AU in every way possible.
Congrats to Rutgers! They were awesome!!!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2009, 10:13:16 PM »

You saying witchcraft isn't in my future?  LOL

Sorry to hear about your Auburn ladies.  Still no reason to be ashamed making it that far.  WDE.   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2009, 11:47:01 PM »

you two crack me up

sooo good to have you back pdh !

I continue to stand with the girl.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2009, 01:44:09 PM »

Well here we are with the Sweet Sixteen list. So this is who is left.  Louisville, AZ, Kansas, Mich St., Connecticut, Purdue, Missouri, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Xavier, Villanova, Duke, North Carolina, Gonzaga, Syracuse, Oklahoma. Next games are on the 27th! Hey the Dawg House was pretty quiet this year. Except for some of the regulars. There is still time for other SM to give us their pick for the Final Four. Just a reminder try to pick from the list above. You will have a better chance!

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2009, 09:14:16 PM »

You saying witchcraft isn't in my future?  LOL

Sorry to hear about your Auburn ladies.  Still no reason to be ashamed making it that far.  WDE.   

You may want to practice some, and have a little more finesse before football season......I'm just sayin'....
We want to have all our weapons lined up to aim at USC....

I may need to buy voodoo dolls in bulk...

Thanks nonesie! It's so good to be back!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »

You may want to practice some, and have a little more finesse before football season......I'm just sayin'....
We want to have all our weapons lined up to aim at USC....

I may need to buy voodoo dolls in bulk...

PDH I TOLD you that Bo is going to the coaches' clinic at USC in a couple week.  We have it all arranged.  He is going to put a Big Red Mojo on Petey.  He has DAYS to get it down.  All he has to do is give him "that look".  You wait.  USC is going down and early.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:49 PM »

I'm more than happy to leave it in Bo's capable hands......

Sic 'em Bo!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2009, 01:34:26 PM »

Well here we are with the Sweet Sixteen list. So this is who is left.  Louisville, AZ, Kansas, Mich St., Connecticut, Purdue, Missouri, Memphis, Pittsburgh, Xavier, Villanova, Duke, North Carolina, Gonzaga, Syracuse, Oklahoma. Next games are on the 27th! Hey the Dawg House was pretty quiet this year. Except for some of the regulars. There is still time for other SM to give us their pick for the Final Four. Just a reminder try to pick from the list above. You will have a better chance!

Kiwi - I looked over the odds for the brackets this morning......interesting to say the least for the odds for some teams have certainly risen in the last week.

I'd like to revise my picks but I need to post it back later, still pondering.........I'll post mine by early evening.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2009, 08:32:04 PM »

UCONN is under investigation by the NCAA for possible recruiting violations, not a good distraction for this team although it appears a super booster's actions may have created this issue.

I think I want to change my predictions to UNC, Pittsburgh, Oklahoma, and Memphis.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2009, 11:00:29 PM »

Pittsburgh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  None, did you say Pittsburgh?     j/k

Absolutely no knowledge so I'll go with my Big 12:  Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas and I'll throw in Memphis because I've heard more about them then others. 

Better than picking based on mascots and school colors right? 
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 11:09:13 PM »

Pittsburgh?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  None, did you say Pittsburgh?     j/k

Absolutely no knowledge so I'll go with my Big 12:  Oklahoma, Missouri, Kansas and I'll throw in Memphis because I've heard more about them then others. 

Better than picking based on mascots and school colors right? 

I know, I know, I had a hard time typing it !! Pooburgh but once again, they won tonight?

Missouri is leading over Memphis with a little under 20 mins to go..........Oklahoma actually is ranked higher than Memphis and Kansas was ranked equal to Memphis! So you may turn out ok.

I'm watching Missouri/Memphis and Vill/Duke right now! First one appears to be close to a runaway win now and the second is neck to neck.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 08:40:57 AM »

None - thanks for the encouragement although if I knew anything about this tournament I would have known that 2 of my picks PLAYED each other so I was assured a loss.  lol  Missouri beats Memphis.  lol  silly me.  I will watch some games tonight I think.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 09:50:13 AM »

i hate that i missed picking my bracket here! my computer has been at the hospital....lol! malicous virus and all...ugh! so i have a lot of missing information...like my favorite sites....none send me an email with link!
anyway....proud to say i did pick missouri over memphis!!!! had to go with mike anderson...after all he was at ark with nolan for almost 10 years! did not pick villanova over duke...shoot! did pick pittsburgh!
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 01:36:02 PM »

i hate that i missed picking my bracket here! my computer has been at the hospital....lol! malicous virus and all...ugh! so i have a lot of missing information...like my favorite sites....none send me an email with link!
anyway....proud to say i did pick missouri over memphis!!!! had to go with mike anderson...after all he was at ark with nolan for almost 10 years! did not pick villanova over duke...shoot! did pick pittsburgh!
Cuz go ahead and pick the winner. We won't mind.  Memphis was my pick to win, You can see that was helpful Missouri looked very good over Memphis. Getting closer to the final four.
Bean, None and Pdh did that spell really work? and will it carry over to USC football?

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 01:50:00 PM »

Kiwi, the spell was for Pittsburgh.  Re USC Bo is going to put the mojo on USC.  He will be there this weekend.  He is doing a class on "stopping the run" for high school coaches in California.  He's got a couple days to get the mission accomplished.   
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 05:45:27 PM »

Bean I sure hope Bo's hex works !!! Voodoo and all that, for sure! do we need to make any dolls? 

welcome back cuz, I'll email you links and just glad to know you're okay !

kiwi - Memphis was one of my picks too, so I'm down to 3 now myself.

golly last night Duke just downright fell apart, missed shots, turnovers........it was painful to watch.

Calhoun is now owning up to some maybe "mistake"......that isn't good. 

Okay here's the schedule for tonight, I'll post results when I can since I'm east coast. I have to work tonight so glad the games are on to keep me awake after working all night Thursday night. I gotta get some sleep !

NCAA Tournament Games
TIME (ET) MATCHUP
7:07 PM ET (12) Arizona vs. (1) Louisville*
9:57 PM ET (4) Gonzaga vs. (1) North Carolina*
9:37 PM ET (3) Kansas vs. (2) Michigan State*
7:27 PM ET (3) Syracuse vs. (2) Oklahoma*

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2009, 06:28:20 PM »

Boy, I am so far out in the "family and friends" bracket pool I need Pitt to win it all just to place in the middle of a 36 person pool.  I guess that is what I get for being too busy to watch even one regular season game this year.  I came back from my two weeks in Mexico and filled out the bracket without having seen any news for at least 3 weeks. 

It was nice to be out of touch with the world for a while, but it shows now.   

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »

Boy, I am so far out in the "family and friends" bracket pool I need Pitt to win it all just to place in the middle of a 36 person pool.  I guess that is what I get for being too busy to watch even one regular season game this year.  I came back from my two weeks in Mexico and filled out the bracket without having seen any news for at least 3 weeks. 

Glad to have you back. I was pulling for Wisconsin. Only MSU remains of the Big Ten.

GreatOwl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2009, 07:56:57 PM »

Glad to have you back. I was pulling for Wisconsin. Only MSU remains of the Big Ten.

I never even picked UW to win in the first game.  I watched maybe a couple of quarters of their games this year and they did not impress me at all.

"May you have the hindsight to know where you've been,
 the foresight to know where you're going and
 the insight to know when you've gone too far."
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.