April 19, 2024, 09:08:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MARCH MADNESS BRACKETS  (Read 19151 times)
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2009, 10:26:36 PM »

Boy, I am so far out in the "family and friends" bracket pool I need Pitt to win it all just to place in the middle of a 36 person pool.  I guess that is what I get for being too busy to watch even one regular season game this year.  I came back from my two weeks in Mexico and filled out the bracket without having seen any news for at least 3 weeks. 

It was nice to be out of touch with the world for a while, but it shows now.   

GO welcome back.

Watching Duke vs Gonzaga and boy, if UNC can keep up the shooting percentage up I think they will win this one. Ty Lawson looks on fire. 12 minutes into the first half UNC hasn't committed a turnover yet, that may be a deciding factor too.

Louisville was just unstoppable for Arizona. Oklahoma sailed thru as well.

I continue to stand with the girl.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »

W0W Michigan State just snatched that win from Kansas, exciting conclusion and surprising too.

Looks like two of my final four picks now face off oh well  should be a very good game, Oklahoma vs UNC, in fact Capel is in the stands tonight watching UNC play.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2009, 12:04:03 AM »

This is cool, a minute and a half on the clock for UNC/Gonzaga, son's high school teammate gets to go into the game.  Go UNC

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2009, 01:15:44 AM »

I have been busy shopping for prom dresses and shoes and jewelry for my daughter, and I haven't been able to watch any basketball this week.....
I won't get to watch tomorrow either, because her Senior Prom is tomorrow night and it will take me ALL DAY to get her ready and have photos made. Good Grief!

Memphis surprised me by losing, but that's what makes March Madness so great. You just never know. 

Louisville looks like the one to beat, along with UNC. Go Tar Heels!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2009, 09:31:20 AM »

oh PDH a prom is much more important, I want to see photos !! I bet she will be lovely and I'll just pray it's the best prom ever for her and for you !! 

I thought Memphis could take it all too and I expected the challenges from teams like Syracuse to be greater - also even watching the game you would not have thought that Michigan would win over Kansas for it was a real back-and-forth. So many teams seemed to fold in the second half too, really surprising?

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: March 28, 2009, 09:31:17 PM »

::MonkeyDance

::
It worked!  The mojo worked.  Pitt went down.  How about that game?  Down to the last second.  Great game.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #46 on: March 28, 2009, 11:48:11 PM »

Bean, I went up the hill to meet friends at a brewery with a sports bar, great food but boy, the people watching during the game was hysterical. Do you know the loudest fan there looked like a petite barbie but with dark hair, she was standing in her bar stool at the end yelling "it's a charge, you cheats, it's a charge". Needless to say she was pulling for Pooburg 

Well I'm down to two picks now, UCONN made it through and I really didn't think that they would, but then I also didn't think Gonzaga would pull it off either.

Remind me never to make you mad enough to put a mojo hex on me 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2009, 06:45:42 PM »

Can you believe it? Louisville lost to MI. State....

I never saw that one coming at all. I haven't ever ,in my enire life, watched MI State play basketball, so they were never on my radar as being any good. Congratulations to them for the big win!

OU is getting rocked by UNC, so the outcome of that game is probably not a big mystery.

Don't you just love the surprises of March Madness?

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2009, 07:03:27 PM »

Yep it's been full of surprises hasn't it? Three minutes left but OK has narrowed the lead to 12 pts now, oops now it's 14......UNC just scored again.

Have you seen this, I busted.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LWhV-Wr-RM&feature=player_embedded

Watch Coach K  he's getting his freak on ! Bobby is true to form too!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2009, 07:13:36 PM »

Oh my gosh nonesy that is hilarious!!!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: March 29, 2009, 08:03:48 PM »

Nones too funny.

All my choice are out!  LOL  Best to stick with what ya know.  At least the mojo worked on Pitt.  Bo was at USC yesterday - wonder how that mojo worked out?  Guess we'll know soon.  lol

So who's going to get the big prize?  Down to 4.  I couldnt even guess.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 12:35:42 PM »

Well were on to the Final Four- MSU, UConn, NC and Villanova. Pdh- Interesting stat- MSU's coach Tom Izzo has been their couch for 25years I believe. During that time every senior has been to a Final Four. Very good for recruiting.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
Kiwi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 01:12:13 PM »

Well were on to the Final Four- MSU, UConn, NC and Villanova. Pdh- Interesting stat- MSU's coach Tom Izzo has been their couch for 25years I believe. During that time every senior has been to a Final Four. Very good for recruiting.
OK here's the actual stat- No program has gone to more Final Fours since 1999. 5- In a 11 year period. He's been coaching for 25 years, just not all at MSU. Still, every senior has been to a Final Four since 1999. Too bad he's not the Michigan coach.

If you were one of the original 20 female tourists to encounter JVDS while on vacation call the FBI. Tell them where you were taken.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2009, 11:44:34 PM »

I'm picking UNC and.....somebody.....

Thanks for the info on MSU Kiwi.  We don't hear anything about MSU down here, because it's been all about Florida and Memphis for the last few years. And this year my AU Tigers had a little run, so I was busy watching both mens and womens BB. I don't know that I would've picked Villanova either, because I haven't seen them play, until this weekend. They looked really good.
That's what makes the tournament so interesting, though. I was sure either Memphis or Louisville would be in the Final 4, because both teams are fantastic,but they've been home for a while. BB is harder to assess than football, IMHO. 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: March 31, 2009, 08:18:15 AM »

In honor of Kiwi and GO (the Big 10) I am going to root for MSU.  I love an underdog.  There have been some fantastic games by all these teams. 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: March 31, 2009, 07:48:02 PM »

OK....so nonesy and I will root for UNC...

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »

thank god kentucky went after caliparti (however you spell it..lol)
i was afraid they would go after our coach pelphrey since he was born in kentucky, played for kentucky and coached under donovan....even rick pitino recommended him or travis ford!!!! we have only had him 2 years, and this past year wasn't so great but i still think he is going to do some great things for the program. i really like his attitude.
kind of feel sorry for gillespie tho...2 years is not enough time for any coach! i don't care if you are the all almighty big blue...lol
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2009, 01:58:16 PM »

It's kind of interesting....Kentucky put a lot of emphasis on becoming competitive in football, and their basketball empire started to erode. 

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2009, 09:18:21 AM »

OK....so nonesy and I will root for UNC...

Let's git er done tonight PDH 

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2009, 01:35:48 PM »

Go Big GREEN!  Time for the upset.  (putting a mojo on NC...)   
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.