April 19, 2024, 08:31:50 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: China wants importers to cover some emission costs  (Read 1578 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: March 17, 2009, 08:29:42 PM »

"About 15 percent to 25 percent of China's emissions come from the products which we make for the world, which should not be taken by us," said Gao Li, director of China's Department of Climate Change.

Speaking at a forum sponsored by the Pew Center on Global Climate Change, Gao added that "this share of emission should be taken by the consumers, not the producers" and called the demand a "very important item to make (for a) fair agreement."

http://www.reuters.com/article/bondsNews/idUSN1652716520090317?pageNumber=2&virtualBrandChannel=10112

The US has lost jobs to offshoring to places that don't have stringent environmental and / or labor laws, tax liabilities, and high wages.

Americans and others still suffer due to the increasing pollution from factories in places like China. 

Why aren't the Chinese doing something to clean up their factories?  Just say no to pollution?  Maybe they could institute a Chinese 'cap and trade' program?  Maybe include some shell game where they have to buy/trade from countries that don't have such industrial problems (the 'importers')?

China, unlike the US, seems to be cash rich.  The US is bankrupt and jobless, no hope in sight.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:32:25 PM »

Seems like the US taxpayers, present and future, will be paying for a global 'cap and trade' system as well as a local one.  Money going out, jobs going out, bankruptcy building - nothing positive for Americans in any of these deals.

Obama charging up the nation's credit card, nation insolvent, no long term benefits for taxpayers, just an impoverished future.

Something is just plain wrong with this picture.

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.