April 27, 2024, 04:03:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #28 3/17/09 - 3/21/09  (Read 120248 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #600 on: March 19, 2009, 11:10:05 PM »

Our dog is crate trained too, sometimes we find the kitties curled up in his crate but he's pretty good and shoo'ing them out 

My daughter and I even made a designer cover for his crate !

LOL!!  I don't understand why people think it is mean, my dogs love there crates!!  It is their liitle den!!  My biggest one, likes the smallest crate!!  She is the only bed hopper I have, the rest claim their own!!

There is just something about somebody telling me how they are planning to lock these two babies up in crates all night long by themselves when they have never had that done to them that doesn't sit well with me.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #601 on: March 19, 2009, 11:10:07 PM »

WOW - as a chat hostess, do you have a quota to fill??   

Your family must be so proud!!!      Aren't you feeling stupid yet?? 

What part of the Bible are YOU representing?   
(Mytime, do I know who you are talking about)

Yes!!  Rhymes with wammy!!  LOL   
Ah, Okey Dokey........When you were a rock today in the basket I wanted to sing to you "Love me like a Rock, Oh baby, love me........"

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #602 on: March 19, 2009, 11:11:34 PM »

What are you guys doing tonight?  Or should I not ask?   
I am just being my usual sweet self!!  What are you up to??  I am still waiting for my perfume!!   
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #603 on: March 19, 2009, 11:11:53 PM »

Our dog is crate trained too, sometimes we find the kitties curled up in his crate but he's pretty good and shoo'ing them out 

LOL!!  I don't understand why people think it is mean, my dogs love there crates!!  It is their liitle den!!  My biggest one, likes the smallest crate!!  She is the only bed hopper I have, the rest claim their own!!

There is just something about somebody telling me how they are planning to lock these two babies up in crates all night long by themselves when they have never had that done to them that doesn't sit well with me.

So cute!!!!  My kids have a weinie dog and she is 9 and she will still go back and get in her crate even though she never has too....

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #604 on: March 19, 2009, 11:12:06 PM »

OK, guys.  You have to be left alone all night in the dark by yourselves in a tiny cubicle designed for transport only.  Don't like it, just tough!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #605 on: March 19, 2009, 11:12:15 PM »

The day after my husband died, our pup snuck away with one of his polo shirts and put it in his crate and then laid down on it. We knew then that the crate was like a safety zone for him and I agree, it's like their space to call their own. He has a nice big dog bed but honestly he prefers sleeping in his crate. When we were moving we put all the kitties into his travel crate just so they would be safe with movers, etc running in and out of doors too.

I continue to stand with the girl.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #606 on: March 19, 2009, 11:13:53 PM »

It's the Easter Bunny!

And isn't she just thrilled with this role!

She don't look thrilled - but she's a cutie!!
MonkeyDoodle
Scared Monkey

« Reply #607 on: March 19, 2009, 11:14:27 PM »

What are you guys doing tonight?  Or should I not ask?   
I am just being my usual sweet self!!  What are you up to??  I am still waiting for my perfume!!   

me too!!!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #608 on: March 19, 2009, 11:14:35 PM »

Getting in the crate by themselves in one thing but being shoved into one and left so somebody can get their zzzz's is another.

I checked on them every two hours then every three hours for weeks and by golly, the new owners can too.  They make them pee and poop in that crate and sleep in it because they are too little to hold it until morning.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #609 on: March 19, 2009, 11:15:46 PM »

None, Big Red ain't no lapdog.  Yorkies are.

PERSONA NON GRATA

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #610 on: March 19, 2009, 11:16:30 PM »

Getting in the crate by themselves in one thing but being shoved into one and left so somebody can get their zzzz's is another.

I checked on them every two hours then every three hours for weeks and by golly, the new owners can too.  They make them pee and poop in that crate and sleep in it because they are too little to hold it until morning.

oh my that's sad Anna.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #611 on: March 19, 2009, 11:17:22 PM »

I am sitting on my hands to keep from emailing this woman to stay away from me and my pups.  She wants to come see and put deposit on the larger of the two but I don't know if I can with her talking about crates.

She even said she would bring a crate and I should shove the mother and the two pups in it to get hers used to it and I told her over my dead body was that happening.

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #612 on: March 19, 2009, 11:17:30 PM »

Oh Anna, they are gorgeous!!!

Will they be together!!  How old are they!! 

I didn't get any of my dogs until at least 14-16 weeks!  They all came from show homes so they were already crate trained!!  I kept the crate on a chair right next to my bed so they could see me and I could see them!!  It wasn't long before they were in my bed though!!  PT blames me............but he was just as guilty!!  I have stairs for them to go up and down!!

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #613 on: March 19, 2009, 11:18:02 PM »

None, Big Red ain't no lapdog.  Yorkies are.

no he isn't and he was crate trained when we got him? but then he was the pup in the window at the adoption event so he was nearly a year old.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #614 on: March 19, 2009, 11:19:59 PM »

oh my that's sad Anna.

Well, None, toys breeds are like that.  They are so different from a big dog.  That's why I was asking MyTIme as she have so many of them.

I understand they might get hurt but I think I am going to make the new owners promise to get a Play Yard which they are accustomed to.  Does the same thing without the box effect.

Maybe I will even ask to see the receipt for the Play Yard.

This is how mine come to take over the house, lol.

But I have to sleep at night myself and I sure won't worrying if they are crying, etc.

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #615 on: March 19, 2009, 11:21:02 PM »

I am sitting on my hands to keep from emailing this woman to stay away from me and my pups.  She wants to come see and put deposit on the larger of the two but I don't know if I can with her talking about crates.

She even said she would bring a crate and I should shove the mother and the two pups in it to get hers used to it and I told her over my dead body was that happening.

Anna,

They really do like their own little spot/crate!!  It is safe for them and really makes a difference in house breaking!!  I know it seems sad but I swear mine love their own beds!!

Where do you keep them now??

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #616 on: March 19, 2009, 11:22:25 PM »

Oh Anna, they are gorgeous!!!

Will they be together!!  How old are they!! 

I didn't get any of my dogs until at least 14-16 weeks!  They all came from show homes so they were already crate trained!!  I kept the crate on a chair right next to my bed so they could see me and I could see them!!  It wasn't long before they were in my bed though!!  PT blames me............but he was just as guilty!!  I have stairs for them to go up and down!!

You just said you mercilessly shoved them into a crate every night like this woman is planning to do. 

Now the truth comes out which is just what I thought, lol.  I even saw one sleeping ON top of PT, not in any crate.

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #617 on: March 19, 2009, 11:25:35 PM »

The day after my husband died, our pup snuck away with one of his polo shirts and put it in his crate and then laid down on it. We knew then that the crate was like a safety zone for him and I agree, it's like their space to call their own. He has a nice big dog bed but honestly he prefers sleeping in his crate. When we were moving we put all the kitties into his travel crate just so they would be safe with movers, etc running in and out of doors too.

awwww........how sweet!!

My dogs do the same!!  I always find something of mine in there!!

Anna, Mine don't have to go in hardly ever but they do still go in on their own!!  They like it, I swear!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #618 on: March 19, 2009, 11:26:20 PM »

Now they are in a plastic pen called a Play Yard with the mother.  It has plenty of room for a sleeping area, food area and potty area and they can see out and even touch others through the walls .

See Play Yard at www.Jeffers.com.

Can only be four sections with three feet on each side or three feet square.

One was using puppy pad yesterday and scratched off his back legs even that small.  Photo taken yesterday also.

They were born Valentine's Day.  I won't let them leave until 12-14 weeks but if this woman doesn't shut up, guess who is NOT getting one of them.  As cheap as I sell mine, I can find another who will go along with my requests in a heart beat.  Don't even have to advertise as have waiting list.

These are MY LAST TWO PUPS EVER and I am not going to worry about it.

She can get a play yard or take a flying leap.

They are NOT Border Terriers which is what she is accustomed to.  Companion dogs not lap dogs.

PERSONA NON GRATA

nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #619 on: March 19, 2009, 11:27:12 PM »

Anna we keep Red's crate in daughter's bedroom but he sleeps on her bed when he wants, sometimes he chooses the crate but I do understand your concern. We kept the kittens in a baby pool for the longest time too but it was more to keep them safe. I think the play yard sounds like a good compromise?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.