April 28, 2024, 05:46:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #28 3/17/09 - 3/21/09  (Read 120272 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #620 on: March 19, 2009, 11:29:18 PM »

I had one pup who was really big!  He was the only one in the litter and I just kept him for some unknown reason.

Anyway, the mother kept nursing him.  They would hide behind the sofa and he was still nursing when he was about five months old.  Finally somebody came and just had a fit over him and I let him go.  Otherwise, I guess he would still be nursing today.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #621 on: March 19, 2009, 11:30:19 PM »

Our dog is crate trained too, sometimes we find the kitties curled up in his crate but he's pretty good and shoo'ing them out 

My daughter and I even made a designer cover for his crate !

LOL!!  I don't understand why people think it is mean, my dogs love there crates!!  It is their liitle den!!  My biggest one, likes the smallest crate!!  She is the only bed hopper I have, the rest claim their own!!

There is just something about somebody telling me how they are planning to lock these two babies up in crates all night long by themselves when they have never had that done to them that doesn't sit well with me.

Oh Anna, they are gorgeous!!!

Will they be together!!  How old are they!! 

I didn't get any of my dogs until at least 14-16 weeks!  They all came from show homes so they were already crate trained!!  I kept the crate on a chair right next to my bed so they could see me and I could see them!!  It wasn't long before they were in my bed though!!  PT blames me............but he was just as guilty!!  I have stairs for them to go up and down!!

You just said you mercilessly shoved them into a crate every night like this woman is planning to do. 

Now the truth comes out which is just what I thought, lol.  I even saw one sleeping ON top of PT, not in any crate.

LOL, I tried the bathroom with a bed, etc., she cried all night!!  With the crate and the cage - she slept most of the night!!   She cried in the morning, I took outside to go potty, we played, then she went back to sleep in her crate!! She sleeps with me now but she does still love her crate!!  This is true for all my dogs!! 

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #622 on: March 19, 2009, 11:30:38 PM »

Hi Green Eyes, how are you tonight?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #623 on: March 19, 2009, 11:34:06 PM »

This one doesn't want to be the Easter Bunny, either.  Gave me that look like I might have lost my mind.

Note to self:  Get out more often!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #624 on: March 19, 2009, 11:35:11 PM »

This one doesn't want to be the Easter Bunny, either.  Gave me that look like I might have lost my mind.

Note to self:  Get out more often!

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #625 on: March 19, 2009, 11:35:44 PM »

Hi Green Eyes, how are you tonight?
Hi Jackie,
Hows it going? 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #626 on: March 19, 2009, 11:35:53 PM »

I know they come to love having a place of their own EVENTUALLY but just don't want these babies to cry or be upset or forced into one.  If they went into the crate on their own, it would be one thing.  But to shove them in and lock the door and go upstairs to sleep just sets my teeth on edge.

Oh, well, my problem.  Will figure out some compromise with the new owner from hell.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #627 on: March 19, 2009, 11:38:26 PM »

These are all gone now.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #628 on: March 19, 2009, 11:39:44 PM »

Hi, MT, MD, & Anna

MT I almost had a heart attact when I saw your PMS picture earlier

GOD BLESS AMERICA
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #629 on: March 19, 2009, 11:39:52 PM »

I had one pup who was really big!  He was the only one in the litter and I just kept him for some unknown reason.

Anyway, the mother kept nursing him.  They would hide behind the sofa and he was still nursing when he was about five months old.  Finally somebody came and just had a fit over him and I let him go.  Otherwise, I guess he would still be nursing today.

How did your sons get away??   

Anna, I always thought a crate was mean too and PT was dead set against it!!  Even he (a real softy) would tell you, they love their crates!!  They would rather be in our bed with us but still love their own beds!!  One of my girls sleeps with PT until I come to bed.  Then she gives me that look, gets up and leaves and heads straight to her crate!!  Excuse me!!  LOL
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #630 on: March 19, 2009, 11:42:28 PM »

MT, my sons turned into big hairy men!  One of them is 6'4" so I don't think he is crying himself to sleep.  I could be wrong but I just don't think he is.
The pups on the other hand might be. . . .

PERSONA NON GRATA

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #631 on: March 19, 2009, 11:42:52 PM »

I know they come to love having a place of their own EVENTUALLY but just don't want these babies to cry or be upset or forced into one.  If they went into the crate on their own, it would be one thing.  But to shove them in and lock the door and go upstairs to sleep just sets my teeth on edge.

Oh, well, my problem.  Will figure out some compromise with the new owner from hell.

Anna, I would seek different owners (no nanner throwing).  If something don't feel right - it's probably not - go with your gut instinct.  It's hard enough to let go of the pups - but it's easier if it feels right.
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #632 on: March 19, 2009, 11:44:37 PM »

Hi, MT, MD, & Anna

I'm not happy with it, but MT likes it!!!
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #633 on: March 19, 2009, 11:47:15 PM »

Hi, MT, MD, & Anna

How made it? 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #634 on: March 19, 2009, 11:48:26 PM »

Anna, I would seek different owners (no nanner throwing).  If something don't feel right - it's probably not - go with your gut instinct.  It's hard enough to let go of the pups - but it's easier if it feels right.

SEE!!!  Jackie understands even if no one else does.

<sniff>

PERSONA NON GRATA

mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #635 on: March 19, 2009, 11:48:44 PM »

I think you are looking for a excuse!!  LOL   I could never breed my dogs, I would be too scared and upset about taking them away from their mom and the only home they knew!!

They will do fine!!  But if you have a bad feeling, then don't let her have them!!!  My dogs are so spoiled and they are crate trained!!  One has separation anxiety so bad, she chewed wallpaper off in 3 rooms!!  yep, she goes into a crate when we are gone!!  LOL  Fortunately, someone is here most of the time though!  Their crates used to be in our office when we had a home office, they all went in their own their own to take a little nap!!  But their are times when they get put in their and the door is locked!!  They don't make a peep!!   
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #636 on: March 19, 2009, 11:50:58 PM »

Hi, MT, MD, & Anna

Who made it? 
Self edit. I can't talk on the phone and type too. 

GOD BLESS AMERICA
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #637 on: March 19, 2009, 11:51:45 PM »

Hi, MT, MD, & Anna

Hi GE!!   

It was funnnnnnnny!!     Someone from another sight didn't like what I had to say, so they made that!!   

I was impressed with the likeness!!
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #638 on: March 19, 2009, 11:52:31 PM »

Hi, MT, MD, & Anna

Who made it? 
Self edit. I can't talk on the phone and type too. 

Don't you have headphones?  Can get them for about $15 and a bargain at twice the price, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #639 on: March 19, 2009, 11:54:46 PM »

M

SEE!!!  Jackie understands even if no one else does.

<sniff>
Anna maybe its not just about the puppies new home but all the changes you are going to have to make????  I tried to leave here once and it was awful, I came back in one day.  But one day, I will leave my crate....baby steps.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.