March 28, 2024, 01:33:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: o/t  (Read 148397 times)
LilPuma
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1100 on: December 05, 2006, 05:00:16 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
KBM,
Maybe you should just stay in Holland and stay away from that place as it seems a lot of really sick people live there.

Anna, I'd like to think that in any country it's the "sick" people who make the news, while there are lots of normal, decent human beings going about their everyday business.  The difference here is that when I see an American sicko on TV, I'm not likely to know him/her.  In Aruba, many of them know each other.  

I hope KBM will tell us what people think about American tourists in general.  Do they think they're arrogant?  Do they think the girls are "easy"?    Do they understand that Beth and others thought/knew they were being lied to by the police and prosecutor and their "arrogance" and anger was the result?  Do people think it's OK for guys like Joran to go around picking up tourists just for sex?  We hear opinions by some, but we don't really know the feelings of the average person in Aruba.  I hope you'll give us some thoughts on this, KBM.  

But finish your homework first.   Smile

Our deeds are seeds and by them, we plant the world we will walk through tomorrow
Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1101 on: December 17, 2006, 06:38:19 AM »

OK, I'm here IBE,

that is very sweet for you to offer me that but I am in Massachusetts.
IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1102 on: December 17, 2006, 06:41:36 AM »

I made it... Didn't even know there was an OT forum!

Well Mass. is alittle far for me to drive tonight. Are you having snow?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1103 on: December 17, 2006, 06:41:49 AM »

I grew up in Massachusetts, spent time in Rhode Island going to school & then living & having a good time, moved to Central CA in the 80's & came back to Massachusetts after a psychotic threatened me & my room mate.  Isn't life grand?

In my older years I fight like hell these creatures that make our world dark.

That creep tonight had slammed that door one too many times tonight.  I had to confront him.  I hope he gets some real time in a real jail for attempted forcible entry & resisting arrest.  I will follow up to find out his name etc. & what happens to him.
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

o/t
« Reply #1104 on: December 17, 2006, 06:44:11 AM »

Don't mean to interupt.  Boy, that's scary!!  If your car is within range, you can keep your car keys with you and hit the panic button. It usually attracts a lot of attention.  Good luck.
Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1105 on: December 17, 2006, 06:44:53 AM »

No, no snow.  The weather has been actually pretty good in the high to low 50's during the day & 40's until tonight when it came down to the 30's.

But I must admit that I am a happier person when I live with others. Whether that was in a relationship or with room mate's it didn't much matter.  I just like company, probably why I enjoy this message board so much along with the common interest of being decent & standing up for justice for the harmed of our country/world.
Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1106 on: December 17, 2006, 06:46:54 AM »

Quote from: "Buckeye"
Don't mean to interupt.  Boy, that's scary!!  If your car is within range, you can keep your car keys with you and hit the panic button. It usually attracts a lot of attention.  Good luck.

Car alarms don't have any impact here there are probably 65 units that share the parking lot, but ordinarily that is a good resource.
IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1107 on: December 17, 2006, 06:47:05 AM »

He probably will. You might want to call the officer and ask for drivebys by them if you don't feel safe.. oh guess that might not work if you live in a gated place.

We sure have many dark sided people here too. I have to go into Inner City LA once a month for a meeting and I always hope I get out... but they are so brash now they do it in the day time, all over here.

I'd like to get out of S. Ca but I like the weather too much.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1108 on: December 17, 2006, 06:49:18 AM »

Hi Buckeye...

Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1109 on: December 17, 2006, 06:49:59 AM »

I loved the desert in CA.  I didn't get to spend more than months out there but it was lovely.  I spent time in Palm Dessert, a business that I worked for began a thermal rose nursery in the mid 80's & that is where I would like to retire.  They have little towns near the salt lakes & they do get the snow bunnies there during the winter months.

Haven't found anybody who will go with me out there though so don't know how realistic that is.
IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1110 on: December 17, 2006, 06:50:52 AM »

Isn't the sun about to come up where you guys live?

Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1111 on: December 17, 2006, 06:52:47 AM »

Oh, yes it is light out now.

Do you ever get out to the dessert part of CA where it is more rural?
IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1112 on: December 17, 2006, 06:57:15 AM »

Homes are sooo expensive here; I live in a trailer... older but nice and the home owners assoc. owns the land too. I'd probably look into manufactued houses if I had to move.

I was in Palm Springs about a yr ago. I like it there too. I like the city north of the up to the Marine Base.

Are you OK now... it's 4 am ish here and I think I should try for some sleep?

Is that OK

I will look for you in a few hours

the man I was to marry died in prep for an off road race.. we used to go to the Mojave, Calif. City and Edwards. I have a friend that lives in.. shoot forgot the name of the city.. oh Palmdale

Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1113 on: December 17, 2006, 06:57:58 AM »

Buckeye, are you here or did you just do a drive-by?  I didn't check to see if anybody was roaming around in the discussion thread.

I don't mean to monopolize you IBE.  I just didn't want to go to bed cuz when the incident happened in CA they let the psychotic out in a few hours figuring he was just drunk when he smashed his Mom's windows & smashed my car window & put a knife in a child's t-shirt on the wooden fence after he smashed the mail box with a machete.  

So I figure OK, this guy broke a light was rip roaring drunk but they may let him off easy cuz of the drinking.  I'm sorry I told the police officer, hey I've been drunk never have I harmed any body or anything, it's no excuse but that & $2.25 will get me a cup of coffee.
IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1114 on: December 17, 2006, 07:00:43 AM »

Isn't this blog great... I am talking to Mass and probably Ohio.

It will be so nice to get justice for Natalee.

Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1115 on: December 17, 2006, 07:01:55 AM »

Oh yes IBE, thank you very much, please do go get some rest.

We will talk OT again in the near future.  I had read of that horrible tragedy happening to you & I truly empathize with the pain that it had to have on you forever.  Still surviving & trying to do the right thing.  Strength & determination are wonderful qualities.

Sweet dreams.
IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1116 on: December 17, 2006, 07:06:12 AM »

I have earned my Post. T. Stress D but geez your things take the cake!

I am making mistakes and lost the blog so must go to sleep. The cat is purring sitting on my "chest" while I have the lap top in bed and the dog is keeping my feet warm  It's about 50 here and cold... I know, not like you have.

My email is today2004@earthlink.net  please let me know how you are doing.

Night Night and good night too to Buckeye... I grew up in Indiana so that's close. I miss the people on the East Coast and Indiana a great deal.

I have insomnia so will try to go to sleep. I sure am glad you are OK

Bye

IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1117 on: December 17, 2006, 07:10:26 AM »

Oh that wasn't the worse, but we do survival dispite all.

You have certainly added to the niceness of today, even tho we met under unusal circumstances

Cook yourself a nice breakfast or a real nice cup of coffee or tea or milk.

Thanks

IBE
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1118 on: December 17, 2006, 07:12:31 AM »

PS what's a thermal rose?

Hot pink?

nite nite

Altruist
Monkey Junky

o/t
« Reply #1119 on: December 17, 2006, 07:28:14 AM »

LOL, no the thermal energy is used by pumping in the hot water through the greenhouses to heat them, as roses like to be warm.  They like warm but not hot so they have these fog systems similiar to the produce sections of grocery stores that reduce cool water to such small particles that they keep the roses cool with the fog.

It's really cool.  My company sold off but the last I knew it was purchased by another rose grower who moved down there after we did our thing, so he took it over & I would imagine they are doing well.

In Central CA, we had to spend $500,000 annually to heat the greenhouses for 1,000,000 sq ft of area.  That's alot of moula.

Anyway, hope when you awaken you have a great day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.