March 28, 2024, 06:34:47 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former President Bush wants President Obama to succeed  (Read 1615 times)
caesu
Monkey Junky

« on: March 18, 2009, 12:01:54 AM »

“He [Mr. Obama] was not my first choice for president, but when he won I thought it was good for the United States of America. I was deeply touched and I was deeply moved when I saw African Americans on TV weeping and saying, ‘I never thought it was possible,'” he said.

“I want the President to succeed,” Mr. Bush added, “I love my country more than politics.”

He continued: “I'm not going to spend my time criticizing him. There are plenty of critics in the arena.”

“He deserves my silence and if he wants my help he can pick up the phone and call me,” he said.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090317.wbushwalton0317/BNStory/politics/home

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 02:38:44 AM »

That was the right thing to say. Good for him.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2009, 07:21:53 AM »

Will Obama pick up the phone? 

I don't think it's a label applied to a political party, I think it's the direction one group of people is taking the country.  Will the politicians listen to the post election words of the public?  The grass roots organizers?

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.