April 18, 2024, 06:47:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #8 3/18/09 - 3/23/09  (Read 289111 times)
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #880 on: March 19, 2009, 11:03:06 PM »

yes she is the one that would not come out of the trailor,reason being was because someone contacted crystal lawyer and told her that she was crazy and looney tune and she needs  to stay clear of crystal...

IMO, it's a good thing someone contacted them and told em that.  Am thinking they might have been getting that idea already, and the call convinced them. 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #881 on: March 19, 2009, 11:09:59 PM »

Guess we won't be hearing much from Ron for awhile.....

From Ron's attornies site:

KEEP QUIET: Do not discuss your case with anyone except your family, your physicians, or this office. Especially, you should not talk to insurance company adjusters (other than PIP), investigators, strangers, such as salesmen, casual acquaintances, etc., who attempt to talk with you or question you about your accident or injuries. Please remember that anyone you discuss the case with is a potential witness against you at trial.

http://www.kimballsniderlaw.com/

Good, I for one am sick of hearing from him. But there is a part of me that don't understand all of this because the attention is now off of Haleigh, and on to the custody case. But at the same time I understand if Jr is in danger he should be removed. 

I hear ya NoRose!  Think I read in one of those media reports earlier today, that LE is dealing with both things seperately.  Anyone read that?  If that's the case, they could work these things parallel, at least until/unless both things become one issue.  And that does make sense, cuz we'll know that LE hasn't stopped in their tracks with Haleigh's investigation, yet in the meantime Jr is being protected. 

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #882 on: March 19, 2009, 11:12:47 PM »

I agree, a child should never be hit with any object. mine knew if they were bad,they got time out and they got a toy taken away for a short time.. when older they were grounded. In a real bad no no thing they did, I would pop their butt 1 time with my hand, 1 swat,and it had to be a major bad they did and not when they were toddlers.. they got their first swat at maybe 6,if needed, but time out and toys taken/being grounded seemed to work enough I rarely ever had to swat a butt...and again, it had to be a major bad....I was abused and swore I would never do that and I never could bring myself to really spank my children. so needless to say, I think each child may have been spanked a couple times in their lives, not even enough to remember,and if you ask them,they say,oh,we never got spanked.. oh wait there was that one time mom had to smack my butt,but it didn't hurt, I laughed when I got to my room... LOL  I love my kids  Smile

Yep! 

One time I was so angry with my 3 sons, they were noisy, bickering, being boys... Found myself yelling at them.  Saw their three little faces looking at me, all scared.  And that scared ME!  So just as they thought the roof was gonna fall or something, I said to them, "Now listen to me!  I am being too loud and am scaring you!  You will sit here quietly and play nice!  I am giving myself a timeout in my room, and when I can talk nice I will be back!"  Went up the stairs to my room.  I could hear nothing but silence... then they all 3 broke out laffing.  I still hear about that today.   

Ohh yes, is it not wonderful. When our children are born, people say "you will have so many memories to cherish",and then they get older and do the normal kid things and people say,just think,you can remind them and laugh about it when they are grown.. and well, seems THEY tell the stories and laugh at US. Ironic isn't it.. I would not have it any other way.   

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #883 on: March 19, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »

Thanks No Rose!  I am just leary when an attorney contacts a potential client.  I hope this Kim P is not taking advantage of Crystal.  Or rather, I hope she doesn't do more harm than good.  I think any child that is being abused needs to be taken from the abuser.  I just can't get a handle on the players in this situation.

I don't think anyone in this case is innocent.  It is apparent that all the players have a less than stellar history and I think drugs have been a huge factor in this case. 

Trying not to throw stones or pass judgement as I was a child of the 70's and there was a fair amount of ........ shall we say.... not so legal recreation going on!  BUT, there is a progression to life.  Say, get married, settle down, have children.  DO NOT DO DRUGS around your children or associate with unsavory people.  I think the lifestyle may have been a huge factor in what happened to Haleigh. 

This is, of course, just my opinion. 

Frankly in my opinion I believe that Kim P. took on this task/case at the behest of someone, either Geraldo or someone else.

FYI:  http://newsdeskinternational.wordpress.com/2009/03/14/haleighs-mothers-attorney-gives-first-local-interview/

Haleigh’s Mother’s Attorney Gives First Local Interview

Posted in Missing Children tagged attorney, Haleigh Cummings, Crystal Sheffield, Kim Picazio at by newsdeskinternational

Written by Janet

Attorney Kim Picazio says she first came to Putnam County this week to help Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh Cummings’ mother, handle the media.  Picazio explained that she believed the Sheffields called her so the family could have someone to turn to for advice on who they should talk to. They didn’t know who to trust.

Picazio has a law firm in Ft. Lauderdale and works mostly family law cases.

She only worked on the Haleigh Cummings case a few days, when people from all over Putnam county have called her and her staff with concerns about the safety and home life inside Haleigh’s home while Haleigh was there and for her little brother now.  (Now for so many people to call her, there has to be some concern there.  As it’s a small town, where everyone knows everybody, and I’m sure they know a bit about the lifestyle of Ronald and his teen bride.)

Picazio said her role has changed a little from what she had expected it to be.  She is going to speak to the proper authorities so the Department of Children and Families can investigate the information we’ve gotten and then take whatever action they feel is appropriate.

From there, she said it will be up to Sheffield to file any legal action. Picazio insists, Sheffield has never asked her to help her with a custody battle.  The situation and complaints should have been investigated a long time ago.

“No, she was never attempting to gain an unfair advantage in a tragic situation, that she was hiring a city slicker attorney to come swoop up on the witnesses and gain information. That was not the case,” Picazio explained.

Picazio also says Sheffield is so upset about Haleigh that she is seeking counseling for her client.  (Another thing in her favor.  At least she’s trying to clean up her act.)  “She is in a very bad state,” Picazio said. “Crystal Sheffield would definitely not be in the mood right now to be getting married or attending any honeymoon.”

Picazio was referring to Haleigh’s father marrying his 17-year-old girlfriend Thursday afternoon and then flying to New York for an appearance on The Today Show on NBC.  Picazio said Sheffield has little money and she is taking the case pro bono.

She also said that Sheffield and her mother have been forced to leave the empty home in Putnam County that someone had generously provided to them for the past few weeks. Sheffield has lived in Baker County.

Picazio said she was hoping to help Sheffield find a place to stay in Putnam County so that she could remain close to the investigation.

http://newsdeskinternational.wordpress.com/2009/03/15/haleigh-cummings-family-advocate-out/

Haleigh Cummings’ Family Advocate Out

Posted in Missing Children tagged Haleigh Cummings, Crystal Sheffield, Wayanne Kruger leaves at by newsdeskinternational

Written by Janet

Wayanne Kruger, child advocate arrived from Arizona a week ago to lend her support and expertise to Haleigh Cummings’ family in their quest to bring her home.

Kruger, along with bringing more media exposure, promised new ways to raise money for the reward fund and immediately became the family advocate, but it didn’t last long.

Kim Picazio, an attorney representing the Sheffield family, released the following statement Saturday.

“Wanted to thank Kruger for her emotional support…. but at this time she is not associated, affiliated or working for Picazio or the Sheffield family.”

Kruger’s abrupt departure does raise questions, but Neither Haleigh’s family or attorney Kim Picazio would speak to the matter when we contacted them, only saying they want to keep the focus on finding Haleigh.

CBS47/FOX 30 also spoke with Wayanne Kruger over the telephone about her departure. She says she will be supporting the family from her home in Arizona, but declined to speak  on camera, because it would be a violation of her confidentiality agreement.

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #884 on: March 19, 2009, 11:17:18 PM »

KEEP QUIET: Do not discuss your case with anyone except your family, your physicians, or this office. Especially, you should not talk to insurance company adjusters (other than PIP), investigators, strangers, such as salesmen, casual acquaintances, etc., who attempt to talk with you or question you about your accident or injuries. Please remember that anyone you discuss the case with is a potential witness against you at trial.

Good, I for one am sick of hearing from him. But there is a part of me that don't understand all of this because the attention is now off of Haleigh, and on to the custody case. But at the same time I understand if Jr is in danger he should be removed. 

Just my opinion that little boy should be remove NOW from ALL members of both sides of the families.  It is the responsible thing to do.  Neither side is clean in this (that does include Ron, Chrystal and Misty's families).  I get the feeling too many in that little town finds it really easy to turned a blind eye to what has been going on right in front of them.  Chrystal I hope is being sincere but until this is resolved that little boy should be removed from the middle of all this.

I agree Blue Moon, and said so earlier.  Am thinking it's the only right thing to do, considering the circumstances all around.  There will likely be folks horrified at the thought of removing Jr based on allegations that may not be true, especially at a time like this for both he and Ron.  However... can they imagine what it might be like for Jr *if* the allegations prove true and he was not removed.. and perhaps things take a turn for the worse?  Folks everywhere would be screaming at LE, all the agencies, etc. demanding to know why something wasn't done earlier.  So for precautionary sake, I do hope they remove Jr. from all sides of this mess, until something is figured out. 

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #885 on: March 19, 2009, 11:21:18 PM »

I agree, a child should never be hit with any object. mine knew if they were bad,they got time out and they got a toy taken away for a short time.. when older they were grounded. In a real bad no no thing they did, I would pop their butt 1 time with my hand, 1 swat,and it had to be a major bad they did and not when they were toddlers.. they got their first swat at maybe 6,if needed, but time out and toys taken/being grounded seemed to work enough I rarely ever had to swat a butt...and again, it had to be a major bad....I was abused and swore I would never do that and I never could bring myself to really spank my children. so needless to say, I think each child may have been spanked a couple times in their lives, not even enough to remember,and if you ask them,they say,oh,we never got spanked.. oh wait there was that one time mom had to smack my butt,but it didn't hurt, I laughed when I got to my room... LOL  I love my kids  Smile

Yep! 

One time I was so angry with my 3 sons, they were noisy, bickering, being boys... Found myself yelling at them.  Saw their three little faces looking at me, all scared.  And that scared ME!  So just as they thought the roof was gonna fall or something, I said to them, "Now listen to me!  I am being too loud and am scaring you!  You will sit here quietly and play nice!  I am giving myself a timeout in my room, and when I can talk nice I will be back!"  Went up the stairs to my room.  I could hear nothing but silence... then they all 3 broke out laffing.  I still hear about that today.   

Thats funny Wyks...My kids tell me they wish I would spank them cuz it doesnt last as long as losing cell phones tvs mp3s wii.s and etc...lol

Isn't that the truth!!  lol 

Back in the day, my sons had so many of those gadgets, stereos, computers, you name it, I was hauling stuff in and out of their rooms so often.  And my room was starting to look like a computer store!  I learned early on, easiest thing to do was to take the cords.    

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #886 on: March 19, 2009, 11:26:36 PM »

Your sons are so fortunate to have you!  Don't you know they get a kick out of that story!

Thanks!  And yesssssss they revel in the retelling of that story!  Along with one where I served my son's detention in the 7th grade, cuz it was MY fault he was late to school one day, not his.  I brought a book and read for the hour.  The principal came in there and was like, 'errrrr ma'am?  you really don't have to do this.'  I said 'yes, i do!'  It was the principle of the thing, and all.  We learn as we go, eh?   And yeah, we'll likely hear these stories being told to our g.children, g.g.children....   

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #887 on: March 19, 2009, 11:28:38 PM »

Wyks, Great post. meant to tell you earlier but it was going so fast in here with all NG's bombshells.     It was a great post.

Thanks Searching!   

Sleepless in Florida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #888 on: March 19, 2009, 11:30:45 PM »

Yep! 

If only all parents had your wisdom, Wyks!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #889 on: March 19, 2009, 11:32:03 PM »

In my state, when DCF investigates they will determine whether the allegation is founded or unfounded first and then go from there depending on the situation. 
Just from my experience with DCF, my son was molested and interviewed by a child pyscholigist, then when DCF was alerted from his psycholigist he had to be interviewed by DCF themselves and had to endure a rape exam at 3, the exam show tears around his rectum........DCF stated the claims were unfounded, but the court didn't agree and we all had to go to the next level at a children's hospital in Memphis that specialized in abuse. Both my ex and I had to undergo psychological eval's and my son was interviewed by them also, they found that his behavoir during the interview was consistent with that of a sexually abused child, and the rape exam sealed the deal. At our court hearing, my ex lost ALL parental rights via court order and not a custody order, and if he ever fought it (which he didn't( the courts determined that my son's psychologist had the final say in the eyes of the court. The judge actually was crying during the hearing, so my faith in DCF is NONE! 

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Sleepless in Florida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #890 on: March 19, 2009, 11:32:35 PM »

Just my opinion that little boy should be remove NOW from ALL members of both sides of the families.  It is the responsible thing to do.  Neither side is clean in this (that does include Ron, Chrystal and Misty's families).  I get the feeling too many in that little town finds it really easy to turned a blind eye to what has been going on right in front of them.  Chrystal I hope is being sincere but until this is resolved that little boy should be removed from the middle of all this.

I agree with you, Blue Moon. He needs to be some where safe from both families until this is settled.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #891 on: March 19, 2009, 11:37:48 PM »

Yep! 

Ohh yes, is it not wonderful. When our children are born, people say "you will have so many memories to cherish",and then they get older and do the normal kid things and people say,just think,you can remind them and laugh about it when they are grown.. and well, seems THEY tell the stories and laugh at US. Ironic isn't it.. I would not have it any other way.   

Oh gosh that's so true!  We want our kids to remember some really splendid moment.  As they grow tho, they're remembering the stuff we would like to crawl under the rug for!  lolol  When friends were in the car and we passed the place the guys did something really really fun, do they remember that?  Oh no!  We get a block down and they're pointing out to their friends, 'hey look!  that's the place we had to stop so mom could barf in the street!'     Ahhhh kids.. Gotta love em.  And I wouldn't have it any other way either! 

It's stuff like this that just make me even more sad for Crystal and Ron.  Cuz whatever happened with Haleigh, it's very possible that neither will have these kinds of moments with her again.  Sigh.   

Sleepless in Florida
Scared Monkey

« Reply #892 on: March 19, 2009, 11:38:09 PM »

In my state, when DCF investigates they will determine whether the allegation is founded or unfounded first and then go from there depending on the situation. 
Just from my experience with DCF, my son was molested and interviewed by a child pyscholigist, then when DCF was alerted from his psycholigist he had to be interviewed by DCF themselves and had to endure a rape exam at 3, the exam show tears around his rectum........DCF stated the claims were unfounded, but the court didn't agree and we all had to go to the next level at a children's hospital in Memphis that specialized in abuse. Both my ex and I had to undergo psychological eval's and my son was interviewed by them also, they found that his behavoir during the interview was consistent with that of a sexually abused child, and the rape exam sealed the deal. At our court hearing, my ex lost ALL parental rights via court order and not a custody order, and if he ever fought it (which he didn't( the courts determined that my son's psychologist had the final say in the eyes of the court. The judge actually was crying during the hearing, so my faith in DCF is NONE! 

I have no faith in DCF either. I had to work them professionaly and found them over all to be over worked, under staffed, and poorly trained.
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #893 on: March 19, 2009, 11:40:51 PM »

Hitting an under four year old kid with sticks is child abuse.
Leaving grab marks on an arm is abuse. Do you know how hard you have to press to leave those kinds of marks ? That isn't normal behaviour in anyone's book.
Ron Jr. would be better off elsewhere.
Both of my GD's have never been spanked. Or grabbed. They have both had injuries from soccer, playing, running into fence, falling down.
I didn't see NG, just got in for the evening, but I will watch.
How does Ron know who was in the house, he was at work. Where is Misty ?

I am with you on this one Kat Gram.  The marks on the legs and arms look from a toddler, possibly JR.  Not appropriate in my book.

Me either~they are too linear, most bruises are not shaped that way unless hit with somthing thin like a stick, switch etc. Msot bruises have more of an irregular pattern and not linear

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #894 on: March 19, 2009, 11:45:19 PM »

Frankly in my opinion I believe that Kim P. took on this task/case at the behest of someone, either Geraldo or someone else.

FYI:  http://newsdeskinternational.wordpress.com/2009/03/14/haleighs-mothers-attorney-gives-first-local-interview/

Posted in Missing Children tagged attorney, Haleigh Cummings, Crystal Sheffield, Kim Picazio at by newsdeskinternational

Written by Janet

Attorney Kim Picazio says she first came to Putnam County this week to help Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh Cummings’ mother, handle the media.  Picazio explained that she believed the Sheffields called her so the family could have someone to turn to for advice on who they should talk to. They didn’t know who to trust.

... snipped

Thanks Heart! 

It looks like the Sheffields contacted her first.  And yet the attorney has said other things that didn't seem to match.  Such as that she was going to help with custody... Yet elsewhere we hear her say she wasn't.  Hard to know exactly what is up with her!   

Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #895 on: March 19, 2009, 11:51:36 PM »

Well,goodnight monkeys. Time for me to go.
Hoping for Haleigh to be found SOON.

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #896 on: March 19, 2009, 11:58:48 PM »

Stayed up til 6 AM this morning catching up on this and Caylee's threads.

I am now behind again (22 pages in this thread alone) ...spent the entire day getting monkeys dressed for Easter!

I REALLY hate to ask this, and I WILL read the previous 22 pages, but is there anything earthshattering I should know about anything today? I have been listening to JVM and NG tonight, so I am up on what they have "covered."

Thanks to anyone who can help this monkey out.

And hello everyone! (Nice to see you over here, too Blink.)

No, not really, just Ron is lawyered up now.

I thought Misty said only guilty people lawyer up?

higherhopes
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #897 on: March 20, 2009, 12:01:10 AM »

Well, Mamma Nerves wouldnt admitt to any wrongdoing by Ron if he smacked her the same way.....That Lady needs to learn a thing or two about raising children,

Also if my child had these marks on them I would have fled the state with them and yall would be reading Missing posters about them right now!!!

I dont know if Ronald done wrong by these children or not, but I do Know that he is not someone I would want to have custody of my children, He still acts like a child himself, and if it wasnt for Moma Nerves and GM Sykes he would have given them back to Chrystal a long time ago.... for you cant tell me that when he wasnt working that he wasnt off chasing teenage girls and partyin' and just where do you think the kids were...at Mama's Im sure.  He wanted to show Chrystal that he was the boss even after she left and thats the only reason IMO that he had these kids to begin with...

As  far as this custody battle goes, it just might be the wrong time for it, but I don't  know, Everybody is saying that it is taking the view off from Haleigh being missing, but I dont think she is with us anymore, and so just when would be the right time.......what if she is never found......I wouldnt want my child with Ronald especially after he went and married Mistie, and I think I would hit him with this now also while I had the goods to do it with,

As  for NG......she needs to get down off her high horse and take a step in someone elses shoes before she can pass judgement on other people that hads life a little harder than she does, everybody doesnt have a nanny and a nurse and a live in maid, and so she just needs to put the news out there and be quiet with her know it all  opinions.....ok Im done!

I don't know, I was at work....I don't know, I was sleeping........Where is Haleigh???????
Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #898 on: March 20, 2009, 12:08:15 AM »

Written by Janet

... snipped

Thanks Heart! 

It looks like the Sheffields contacted her first.  And yet the attorney has said other things that didn't seem to match.  Such as that she was going to help with custody... Yet elsewhere we hear her say she wasn't.  Hard to know exactly what is up with her!   

The only way that I will believe that the Sheffields contacted her on their own is that Geraldo or someone advised them to. 

But then I still believe that someone with a Geraldo status requested  that Picazio take the case.   I am trying to see if I can find a connection in my spare time.  If I am correct Geraldo spends quite a bit of time in Ft Lauderdale.

Heart
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #899 on: March 20, 2009, 12:10:35 AM »

If only all parents had your wisdom, Wyks!

Thanks Sleepless!  Am thinking we learn as we go.   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.