March 28, 2024, 11:28:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #8 3/18/09 - 3/23/09  (Read 288190 times)
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #920 on: March 20, 2009, 04:42:10 AM »

Welp ...I just finished reading back so I am now caught up.

Personally, I am not convinced from the photos made public today that there has been physical abuse. Not saying there hasn't been, just saying I don't think the photos prove there has been physical abuse by anyone on the kids.

But I wanted to look further into the possibility and studied the school attendance records. I gridded off and made a few notes on the pdf from the school, that I thought I'd share with you. Having a medical condition that kept her out of school a lot, I'd think that there would not be so many UN-excused absences. My additions are in green and I did not count any absences from the day she went missing, as the chart does.

I did that to make it a little easier to follow.

Then I looked at November, 2008. The month that Haleigh was injured at school and reportedly visited the Emergency Room on Nov. 6 and 12. She attended 50% of the time that month. Eight days out of 16 days that they had school.

That is a LOT of absences in my book. I made this Calendar to map out that month:

I am just sharing, not making any judgments or conclusions on the issue, myself.

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #921 on: March 20, 2009, 07:18:14 AM »

Well, I don't care how much money I had, I would go to jail before I would pay some guy child support after he took my kids away from me. But then, I don't believe in child support and raised my kids without a cent from their dad. I feel who ever has custody of the kids should be responsible for supporting them. That's just my own quirky belief, and know most wouldn't agree with me.

I feel the same way. The only time I think it's fair to order a mother to pay child support is if she makes way more money than the dad. And I have never seen a father get custody when he never married the mother.
Back in my day, fathers paid child support, mothers had custody. If Ron wanted the kids so bad, (which I doubt...) he should be prepared to support them. I raised my oldest 2 without any help, too, but I don't regret one secons of it. I didn't have to put up with his sorry butt!!

Wait, Wait, Wait - the child support is for the KIDS. Why would anyone not want to support or get support for the kids? As for the mothers get custody comment - would anyone want KC to get custody over dad, Susan Smith over dad? This is the reason the best interest of the children was devised and codified. And remember when dad and mom are not married - they are BOTH not married - why should an unmarried mother get custody over an unmarried dad? IMO both  parents in an unmarried situation are equally scummy - children need both parents - and neither should get custody when they are both bad. Mandatory adoptions the way to go in these cases.

Like I said - MOO - but if these children had been adopted to a two parent family the likelyhood of this story happening is much smaller. Same with KC.  I know there are exceptions but exceptions do not set the standard in my book.

putting on helmet to avoid all the nanners coming my way.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
starcat29
Scared Monkey

my little angel in heaven watching over all of us

« Reply #922 on: March 20, 2009, 07:59:03 AM »

here is the time line of the brusies on her face and what CS and her lawyer was tiring to tell

NG

It seems clear enough:

NG made much out of the fact that the ER doctor and the school did not report abuse. Here's the timeline as presented by Kim Picazio:

*Thursday, 11/06/08: School notes that Haleigh "cut nose @ playground." (http://www.artharris.com/docs/haleigh-med-cha... ). Classifed as "11," meaning "minor injuries." Of course there's no abuse suspected--the school saw it happen. Nothing to report.

But that's NOT the injury shown in this photo (http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/19/do-exclus... ), according to Crystal and her stepmother, Connie.

*Friday, 11/07/08: The next day. Haleigh has an unexcused absence from school.(http://www.artharris.com/docs/haleigh-absent.... )

*Monday, 11/10/08: Haleigh again has an unexcused absence.

*Tuesday, 11/11/08: It's unclear whether or not Haleigh was at school. There's nothing recorded by the school at all.

*Wednesday, 11/12/08: SIX DAYS after the injury classifed as MINOR by the school, Haleigh again has an unexcused absence from school. She is taken to the ER. It's been said that she was sick with E. coli, but any records to back that up are unavailable. The ER doctor orders a CAT scan, according to Crystal's attorney. The doctor also writes a note that Haliegh should stay home 11/13, 11/14, and 11/15 (a mistake, because 11/15 was a Saturday--no school).

*Thursday, 11/13/08: Haleigh has an excused absence from school per ER note.

*Friday, 11/14/08: Haleigh has another excused absence per ER note.

*Sunday, 11/16/08: Photo taken by Connie Sheffield, who is horrified at the facial injuries. A registered nurse, she does not believe that a "cut on the nose" classifed as a "minor injury" and sustained TEN DAYS AGO now looks like this. She also is suspicious because Haleigh neither shows nor describes any other injuries--scraped palms or knees--consistent with a fall at a playground. Connie photographs the injuries.

*Monday, 11/17/08: Haleigh has another unexcused absence from school. She has missed six--possibly seven, because the school has no record for 11/11/08--of eight school days since she sustained her "cut."

At what point should the school have reported this as abuse? THEY HARDLY SAW HER!
islandmonkey
Monkey All Star

HaLeigh~you are loved and in God's loving arms

« Reply #923 on: March 20, 2009, 08:09:54 AM »

here is the time line of the brusies on her face and what CS and her lawyer was tiring to tell

NG

It seems clear enough:

NG made much out of the fact that the ER doctor and the school did not report abuse. Here's the timeline as presented by Kim Picazio:

*Thursday, 11/06/08: School notes that Haleigh "cut nose @ playground." (http://www.artharris.com/docs/haleigh-med-cha... ). Classifed as "11," meaning "minor injuries." Of course there's no abuse suspected--the school saw it happen. Nothing to report.

But that's NOT the injury shown in this photo (http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/19/do-exclus... ), according to Crystal and her stepmother, Connie.

*Friday, 11/07/08: The next day. Haleigh has an unexcused absence from school.(http://www.artharris.com/docs/haleigh-absent.... )

*Tuesday, 11/11/08: It's unclear whether or not Haleigh was at school. There's nothing recorded by the school at all.

*Wednesday, 11/12/08: SIX DAYS after the injury classifed as MINOR by the school, Haleigh again has an unexcused absence from school. She is taken to the ER. It's been said that she was sick with E. coli, but any records to back that up are unavailable. The ER doctor orders a CAT scan, according to Crystal's attorney. The doctor also writes a note that Haliegh should stay home 11/13, 11/14, and 11/15 (a mistake, because 11/15 was a Saturday--no school).

*Sunday, 11/16/08: Photo taken by Connie Sheffield, who is horrified at the facial injuries. A registered nurse, she does not believe that a "cut on the nose" classifed as a "minor injury" and sustained TEN DAYS AGO now looks like this. She also is suspicious because Haleigh neither shows nor describes any other injuries--scraped palms or knees--consistent with a fall at a playground. Connie photographs the injuries.

*Monday, 11/17/08: Haleigh has another unexcused absence from school. She has missed six--possibly seven, because the school has no record for 11/11/08--of eight school days since she sustained her "cut."

At what point should the school have reported this as abuse? THEY HARDLY SAW HER!

Excellent point!! To me the timeline is perfectly clear, and I'm not sure why snotty NG couldn't wrap her little brain around it as it has been explained over and over again, she's just showing her bias due to the fact that she can't understand a mom not having custody.........I'd be willing to bet she would have a different view if she had ever been manipulated by a controlling abuser.

"If two theories explain the facts equally well then the simpler theory is to be preferred''
[
cheeky monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #924 on: March 20, 2009, 08:31:03 AM »

Well, I don't care how much money I had, I would go to jail before I would pay some guy child support after he took my kids away from me. But then, I don't believe in child support and raised my kids without a cent from their dad. I feel who ever has custody of the kids should be responsible for supporting them. That's just my own quirky belief, and know most wouldn't agree with me.

I feel the same way. The only time I think it's fair to order a mother to pay child support is if she makes way more money than the dad. And I have never seen a father get custody when he never married the mother.
Back in my day, fathers paid child support, mothers had custody. If Ron wanted the kids so bad, (which I doubt...) he should be prepared to support them. I raised my oldest 2 without any help, too, but I don't regret one secons of it. I didn't have to put up with his sorry butt!!

Wait, Wait, Wait - the child support is for the KIDS. Why would anyone not want to support or get support for the kids? As for the mothers get custody comment - would anyone want KC to get custody over dad, Susan Smith over dad? This is the reason the best interest of the children was devised and codified. And remember when dad and mom are not married - they are BOTH not married - why should an unmarried mother get custody over an unmarried dad? IMO both  parents in an unmarried situation are equally scummy - children need both parents - and neither should get custody when they are both bad. Mandatory adoptions the way to go in these cases.

Like I said - MOO - but if these children had been adopted to a two parent family the likelyhood of this story happening is much smaller. Same with KC.  I know there are exceptions but exceptions do not set the standard in my book.

Boyzmom, are you an attorney?  I've read several of your post that make me think so and I'm not asking in a negative way at all.  I don't even remember which previous posts they were but several of them led me to believe that had some legal training.   The above post is one of them, speaking about best interests of children in regards to placement between parents.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #925 on: March 20, 2009, 08:44:01 AM »

On NG - I wonder who took Haleigh to the ER?

NG...I notice too that Haleigh had ecoli? isnt that from bad food.. Also her injuries were more than what happen @ the school incident when taken to ER...
I think that ecoli is from contamenated food, but you may get it from other things, I don't know.

from contamination from fecal matter in some capacity
Thanks 

WOW I didnt know that- Thanks Blink for the info..
Swimming pools that are not treated properly can also contain high levels of e-coli from birds, insects, and other critters that may wonder in.  Chilren who play in plastic pools filled with water from the hose some times get sick if the water is not changed after each use due to contamination by the elements and animals.  Kids often times gulp pool water without thinking twice.
This can also happen in a large in-ground swimming pool if the chemicals are not balanced or treated right.  (I recommend that anyone with a pool purchase their own Taylor testing kit to insure that your pool care company is taking care of your pool properly and maintaining the chemical balances needed.)

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #926 on: March 20, 2009, 09:14:51 AM »

Please Help.  Not sure if I just stumpled onto something big, but sure smells funny to this less than technical monkey.

Here is what I did after my last post:  Google ....terms: Haleigh + "buy here"
Here is just three of the results that I got on the first page (I looked at several pages - all the link are without a cached version and all are for cars, motorcyles, trailers - etc.  The pages all look alike and none mention Haleigh.  My thought was to see if anyone was selling stuff on this sweet child too - but are these guys just trying to be in google searches they think are popular?  Or are they doing something?
Here is a sample:
#
Important points about Tips On How To Buy A New Ford Excursion
Anyone who has any information that could help find Haleigh is asked to call ... Where To Buy Ford Edge Battery · Buy Here Pay Here Used Dodge Dakota Atl ...
c3k.ecops.servegame.org/tips-on-how-to-buy-a-new-ford-excursion.asp - Similar pages
#
Best information on Tips On How To Buy A New Polaris Mountain ...
Croslin, 17, said she discovered Haleigh missing about 3 am Feb. ... Buy Here Pay Here Harley Davidson Motorcycles Vrsc Lots In Ohio · Find A Used Acura Mdx ...
exims.isa-geek.net/tips-on-how-to-buy-a-new-polaris-mountain-snowmobiles - Similar pages
#
Tips On How To Buy A New Starcraft Campers Towables Truck Campers ...
Haleigh had been sleeping in one of two beds in the master bedroom, .... How To Be A Buy Here Pay Here Audi Tt Salesman · Autos For Sale Polaris Sport ...
ahap.gotdns.org/tips-on-how-to-buy-a-new-starcraft-campers-towables-truck-campers - Similar pages

Thanks for your help!

Just throwing this out there, did you click on any of the links?  I am wondering if it is not a newspaper article that has a truck advertisement on the side bar.  What Google does is look up your particular search criteria within a webpage.  So if the webpage has the truck advertising anywhere on it, like say an online newspaper does, it will show up within your Googled results.  Since you put "Haleigh" and then "buy here", they pulled up pages that had those atributes and showed what was written in regards to those key points.

lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #927 on: March 20, 2009, 09:22:28 AM »

Look ... I got some Easter friends...woo who
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #928 on: March 20, 2009, 09:24:18 AM »

NG

It seems clear enough:

I may be wrong but doesnt the above calendar say she wasnt at school UNEXCUSED on the 6th?  The same day the school said she fell and scratched her nose....

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #929 on: March 20, 2009, 09:25:46 AM »

NG

It seems clear enough:

I may be wrong but doesnt the above calendar say she wasnt at school UNEXCUSED on the 6th?  The same day the school said she fell and scratched her nose....

oops! I missed that I see she was at school that day sorry for the incorrect post

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #930 on: March 20, 2009, 09:29:41 AM »

Good morning Monkeys all!

Community contributes to Haleigh's family funds

Donations sustain the search, and creation of an information center.

Coats of purple paint are dry and freshly cut carpet covers the floor of a small former restaurant in southern Putnam County where the wait continues for the return of Haleigh Cummings.

As the mystery surrounding the disappearance of the still-missing 5-year-old moves further into its second month, donations of outsiders have helped sustain those closest to the case. A Bank of America relief fund has collected about $5,000, according to the account's trustee, a local funeral home operator.

Donations of purple paint - a favorite color of Haleigh's - rent money and sparse furnishings were used to turn the building along the two-lane stretch of U.S. 17 into an information center about the case. Opened this week, it will be manned by Haleigh's mother, Crystal Sheffield, and her supporters.

In nearby Crescent City, a bank account fueled by donations has paid a vehicle insurance bill, a water payment and a power bill for Haleigh's father, Ronald Cummings. Cummings, who has said he is unable to return to the blue mobile home where Haleigh vanished, is living at his grandmother's in Welaka with his new wife and 4-year-old son.

Haleigh's parents have been estranged for years. During the past month, the families have sometimes clashed.

For more than a month Sheffield and Cummings have turned to separate support networks. Neither parent is working while the search for their daughter continues.

Kim Picazio, a South Florida lawyer who helped secure and spruce up the building for Sheffield, is directing the creation of a trust that will accept donations to help support the 23-year-old mother, whose home is in Baker County.

"She'd like to stay here in Satsuma," Picazio said. Sheffield is staying with family nearby after a short stay in a donated mobile home ended.

Money donated to the trust would be used for expenditures such as rent, food and gas as long as Sheffield stays, Picazio said.

For weeks, Putnam County businessman Jamie Watts has overseen a similar account set up for Haleigh's father and Ronald Cummings Jr., her 4-year-old brother.

Watts said less than $5,000 has been given to the Haleigh Cummings Relief Fund at Bank of America. The bank will not provide information on the account, citing privacy reasons.

Supporting the family

Less than $1,000 has been spent on the insurance and other bills, Watts said. Set up by the bank under rules outlined by Florida law, money from the account cannot be used in support of Haleigh's mother because she was not living in the house at the time of the disappearance.

Watts, who goes to the church Cummings attends, knew him from landscape work Cummings did at Watts Funeral Home in nearby San Mateo.

Watts said any withdrawals from the account must be approved by him and be used for a specific bill and certain expenses. In the past week and a half, donations have trickled off, he said.

Since the beginning only a handful of small checks came from out of state, with most of the money coming from within Putnam County.

A local church placed donation jars in the area and donated to the account.

"The lady didn't know what to do with it," Watts said. He said he told the church he could only accept money for Cummings. He did not know if some of the cash went to Sheffield.

"No one wants to take sides," he said. "This is a little community we live in. It is very tiny. When something like this happens, it sends shock waves out to the community."

In Baker County the sentiment has been similar.

Co-workers of Sheffield's mother, Marie Griffis, raised $670 to help the family. Although the money was stolen from the school bus depot where Griffis works, it was recovered.

Throughout the past month, money and other contributions have come in at camps where the families were set up, said family members. It might be $20 for gas or a food donation.

Cummings' grandmother, Annette Sykes, said the family kept a journal of donations.

"We wrote the names and addresses down," she said.

After money in the Cummings account is no longer needed, the remainder will be sent to the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, Watts said.

Picazio said any that is left in any account set up for Sheffield would be distributed in a similar way.

For now, she said, the objective is to keep the fledgling information center open for anyone who might have new information to offer.

"Something might occur to them that might not have occurred before," she said.

http://www.jacksonville.com/news/metro/2009-03-20/story/community_contributes_to_haleighs_family_funds

Heart
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #931 on: March 20, 2009, 09:51:13 AM »

Boyzmom, are you an attorney?  I've read several of your post that make me think so and I'm not asking in a negative way at all.  I don't even remember which previous posts they were but several of them led me to believe that had some legal training.   The above post is one of them, speaking about best interests of children in regards to placement between parents.

No I am not - I was a paralegal for many years - worked with a very good law firm and did seminars across the country on tort reform and medical records use in law. I learned from some very good attorneys and still keep up on my law.

And I did not take it as an insult at all. I would go back to school but I love being a mom too much!

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #932 on: March 20, 2009, 09:53:59 AM »

On NG - I wonder who took Haleigh to the ER?

NG...I notice too that Haleigh had ecoli? isnt that from bad food.. Also her injuries were more than what happen @ the school incident when taken to ER...
I think that ecoli is from contamenated food, but you may get it from other things, I don't know.

from contamination from fecal matter in some capacity
Thanks 

WOW I didnt know that- Thanks Blink for the info..
Swimming pools that are not treated properly can also contain high levels of e-coli from birds, insects, and other critters that may wonder in.  Chilren who play in plastic pools filled with water from the hose some times get sick if the water is not changed after each use due to contamination by the elements and animals.  Kids often times gulp pool water without thinking twice.
This can also happen in a large in-ground swimming pool if the chemicals are not balanced or treated right.  (I recommend that anyone with a pool purchase their own Taylor testing kit to insure that your pool care company is taking care of your pool properly and maintaining the chemical balances needed.)

Thanks Dolce on that info.. I guess i was alittle neive on ecoli for some reason I thought it was from bateria tainted foods only..I guess I was lucky none of my 6 children got ecoli..
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #933 on: March 20, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »

Good Morning Monkeys.....
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #934 on: March 20, 2009, 09:58:26 AM »

Thanks for the timeline in regards to the accident, for some reason Nancy was not grasping what Crystal's lawyer was saying last night about all of this. It was very irritating.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #935 on: March 20, 2009, 09:58:50 AM »

Good Morning 
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #936 on: March 20, 2009, 10:08:26 AM »

Welp ...I just finished reading back so I am now caught up.

Personally, I am not convinced from the photos made public today that there has been physical abuse. Not saying there hasn't been, just saying I don't think the photos prove there has been physical abuse by anyone on the kids.

But I wanted to look further into the possibility and studied the school attendance records. I gridded off and made a few notes on the pdf from the school, that I thought I'd share with you. Having a medical condition that kept her out of school a lot, I'd think that there would not be so many UN-excused absences. My additions are in green and I did not count any absences from the day she went missing, as the chart does.

I did that to make it a little easier to follow.

Then I looked at November, 2008. The month that Haleigh was injured at school and reportedly visited the Emergency Room on Nov. 6 and 12. She attended 50% of the time that month. Eight days out of 16 days that they had school.

That is a LOT of absences in my book. I made this Calendar to map out that month:

I am just sharing, not making any judgments or conclusions on the issue, myself.

Great calendar... Brandi do you know how many days were unexcused and tardy @ the end of January to the beginning of February before haleigh went missing ....
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #937 on: March 20, 2009, 10:10:41 AM »

On Blink's site, under her newest article, there are a couple of interesting comments.  In the first one, I love the statement in bold:

Comment by Annals — March 19, 2009 @ 8:08 pm

"I think now is a very good time for Junior Cummings to go live with his REAL mother, Crystal Sheffield. Ronald has a wife to raise."

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/03/19/haleigh-cummings-case-ron-cummings-hires-attorneys/

Oh My...
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #938 on: March 20, 2009, 10:17:21 AM »

Thanks for the timeline in regards to the accident, for some reason Nancy was not grasping what Crystal's lawyer was saying last night about all of this. It was very irritating.

I agree...and didnt understand that and what was with all the attitude

lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #939 on: March 20, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »

The Haleighbug website is under construction still????
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.