April 30, 2024, 09:59:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #8 3/18/09 - 3/23/09  (Read 289870 times)
lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #460 on: March 19, 2009, 10:20:43 AM »

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/19/news/news01.txt
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #461 on: March 19, 2009, 10:24:12 AM »

if we all go back to high school days, and think of the mind set of all your friends. The ones who's boy friends broke up with them, and the boys who wanted nothing more than to ease their ever knawing sexual urges.

The mud slinging starts in high school, and these people have never left there. They are imature and do not think as those who live with better means, support and monies.

The custody battle never ends with these sort of happenings. No one but Solomon can be that selfless.  I myself was pulled as a child, litteraly pulled by my arms from one parent to the other.  It did not end, until I ended it with them both, and made myself known as an individual who will not be torn by others.  A "wack the chicken" sort of thing.

I hope I am able to save my own judgements for these folks, as I am not in their shoes. I only know, if jr was mine, and I knew Haleigh was missing, I would want to get him away from where his sister went missing.
Seems a common goal is more then they are able to agree on, and that is just ashame.
Still, Haleigh is missing, and jr needs to be looked after now until the smoke clears of all the lies and we know who is being truthful.   jmo,,,,>>-->> mio

I agree with what you have said Mio.  It does sound like high school bickering, just in the public eye....which makes me go, what the hell is wrong with the parents of these young parents in fueling this fire and allowing this bull to continue??  No one is being held accountable for anything!

I agree 100% about Jr.  She needs to consider his safety and get him into a safe place, but do it in private or discuss with the LE, don't have your Aunt and Mom call strangers from the internet and start spreading rumors, it makes you look stupid and immature.

lady
Scared Monkey

« Reply #462 on: March 19, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »

This is all I can find on the case today...We definitely need some new news...
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #463 on: March 19, 2009, 10:26:02 AM »

Deputies called to Haleigh family location

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:00 AM EDT

SATSUMA - Sheriff's deputies responded to a disturbance Wednesday after an unidentified man harassed Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh Cumming's mother, at the family's headquarters in Satsuma.

Jeremiah Regan, a friend of the maternal side of the family, said a blanket trespass warning has been ordered to prevent unwanted persons from returning to the building.

"Anyone that comes here to harass us, that we don't want here, will be asked to leave, and if they violate that they will be arrested," Regan said.

Haleigh, a blond, brown-eyed kindergartner, vanished from her Satsuma home Feb. 10. Friends and relatives of her mother and father, who never married, have since gathered at separate sites in the area.

Kim Picazio, an attorney retained by Sheffield last week, met Tuesday with staff members of the state Department of Children and Families to present information regarding the custody of Haleigh and her younger brother, Ronald Cummings Jr.

Ronald Cummings has had primary custody of the children since 2007.

Cummings recently married Misty Croslin, 17, who had been the family's babysitter and was with the children when Haliegh vanished.

"Crystal is gravely concerned with Ronald and Misty obtaining custody of Junior and Haleigh," Picazio said. "She feels like they are in an unsafe household environment."

Picazio said the information she relayed to the state came from concerned local residents.

"It was obtained through people in the community calling us at my office and giving us tips and information," Picazio said. "When the information rose to such a level, I felt compelled to call the DCF."

Picazio said the state agency promised to investigate the reports.

Picazio said she was helping guide the family in legal matters and some media relations.

"This poor girl was lost in this entire tragic situation and the media comes to town and is asking her all these questions," Picazio said "I was glad to take the case on and help her get the resources, to help coordinate assistance for her in general."

The Cummings family denied the children were in an unsafe environment.

Meanwhile, Regan said anyone involved in sexual crimes against children was not welcome on the headquarters property next to U.S. 17.

Regan said people who would like to support the maternal side of the family or have tips regarding Haleigh, however, are encouraged to stop by 24 hours a day starting Monday. That's when the grand opening will be held of what has been termed the "Haleighbug Headquarters" - using a nickname for the missing girl.

On Tuesday, the family rejected a furniture donation offered by Daniel Snodgrass, a registered sexual predator, who lives in the area.

"I refuse to accept donations from anyone arrested for sex crimes with children," Regan said.

Snodgrass is free on bond, wearing a GPS ankle bracelet, with a trial scheduled this summer.

According to Capt. Dick Schauland of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office, Snodgrass' whereabouts were confirmed in the hours Haleigh disappeared.

No trace of Haleigh has been found.

kchambers@palatkadailynews.com

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #464 on: March 19, 2009, 10:30:24 AM »

I know that this is not a popular opinion on this board, but I am going to say it anyway.

While I do not believe that Crystal has done something to harm Haleigh, I do find it suspect that her and her mother came out full throttle with guns blazing from the get go in all of this.  Her baby is missing yet she is worrying herself with a custody battle.  Did she see the opportunity early on for a custody battle and decide to start throwing mud the first chance she had a microphone?  Why the need for this Anna person and Marie person to be telling complete strangers inside info for any other reason than to muddy the waters?  Why the need for 2 sides in all of this?  Why can they both not for a moment put aside their differences and say "We want OUR daughter back.  We may not get a long, we may have other opinions, but this is OUR child and she needs to be returned"..........didn't see that.

from what I can see is the attorney stated last night that people started coming out of the woodwork and telling Crystal what abuse has been seen and heard first hand witnesses.  So if someone told me things of such nature I am sure I would want to get my other child from Ron also.  I mean what is she suppose to do. Leave Jr in harms way.  I am sure that she is putting the information she knows and has learned recently out there, so that everyone knows what she knows.  Because from the way Crystal probably sees it if looks like everyone is going "poor Ronald".  (Except for the ones that have seen the abuse first hand) Crystal has call DCF and to no avail.  So now is the time to get it done.  The search for Haleigh will continue.  This doesn't interfere with the search....the wedding didn't interfere did it? 

Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #465 on: March 19, 2009, 10:30:29 AM »

Deputies called to Haleigh family location

By Kristin Chambers
Published: Thursday, March 19, 2009 1:00 AM EDT
SATSUMA - Sheriff's deputies responded to a disturbance Wednesday after an unidentified man harassed Crystal Sheffield, Haleigh Cumming's mother, at the family's headquarters in Satsuma.

Jeremiah Regan, a friend of the maternal side of the family, said a blanket trespass warning has been ordered to prevent unwanted persons from returning to the building.

"Anyone that comes here to harass us, that we don't want here, will be asked to leave, and if they violate that they will be arrested," Regan said.

Haleigh, a blond, brown-eyed kindergartner, vanished from her Satsuma home Feb. 10. Friends and relatives of her mother and father, who never married, have since gathered at separate sites in the area.

http://www.palatkadailynews.com/articles/2009/03/19/news/news01.txt
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #466 on: March 19, 2009, 10:32:37 AM »

If I were Crystal I would  try very hard to get Jr out of there. The one thing I object to is Art Harris putting pics up of the abuse, to me there is no reason to do this, and I'll be shocked if this happens. 
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #467 on: March 19, 2009, 10:33:52 AM »

I see after it was too late we all were on the same page and posted the news from Palaka news...
Jerseygirl345
Monkey Junky

« Reply #468 on: March 19, 2009, 10:36:00 AM »

If I were Crystal I would  try very hard to get Jr out of there. The one thing I object to is Art Harris putting pics up of the abuse, to me there is no reason to do this, and I'll be shocked if this happens. 

I must agree... The pics dont need to be posted on the web.. All they need to do is hand them over to LE and DCF...I hope her attorney advices her wisely..
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #469 on: March 19, 2009, 10:37:06 AM »

from what I can see is the attorney stated last night that people started coming out of the woodwork and telling Crystal what abuse has been seen and heard first hand witnesses.  So if someone told me things of such nature I am sure I would want to get my other child from Ron also.  I mean what is she suppose to do. Leave Jr in harms way.  I am sure that she is putting the information she knows and has learned recently out there, so that everyone knows what she knows.  Because from the way Crystal probably sees it if looks like everyone is going "poor Ronald".  (Except for the ones that have seen the abuse first hand) Crystal has call DCF and to no avail.  So now is the time to get it done.  The search for Haleigh will continue.  This doesn't interfere with the search....the wedding didn't interfere did it? 
Yes I read that too.  It sounds like people just jumping on the mud slinging band wagon though without any real proof.  Its all a bunch of gossip and hear-say.  Its middle school and high school all over again!  If they were really as concerned as they all claim to be then do they not know how to pick up a phone and call 911 when they see or hear of abuse?  Is it that hard to file a report with police or DCF?  No its not, I have done it myself on numerous occassions against my birth mother.  I am not saying the system is perfect, but I am saying that if you are really that concerned and hearing the callibur of abuse these people are stating, hell I would be calling 911 right then and there! 
Crystal had visitation right to her children as well, did she not see any signs of abuse?  Did she not talk to her children at all or ask questions?  I would.
I agree she needs to get Jr out of harms way, but there are way to do that without making a public spectical and ass of yourself.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #470 on: March 19, 2009, 10:40:18 AM »

Yes I read that too.  It sounds like people just jumping on the mud slinging band wagon though without any real proof.  Its all a bunch of gossip and hear-say.  Its middle school and high school all over again!  If they were really as concerned as they all claim to be then do they not know how to pick up a phone and call 911 when they see or hear of abuse?  Is it that hard to file a report with police or DCF?  No its not, I have done it myself on numerous occassions against my birth mother.  I am not saying the system is perfect, but I am saying that if you are really that concerned and hearing the callibur of abuse these people are stating, hell I would be calling 911 right then and there! 
Crystal had visitation right to her children as well, did she not see any signs of abuse?  Did she not talk to her children at all or ask questions?  I would.
I agree she needs to get Jr out of harms way, but there are way to do that without making a public spectical and ass of yourself.
Also I want to add that I do not see people saying "Poor Ronald" any more.  Yes he is getting interviews, but its because he is the news...and Crystal with her mud slinging has put him there.  He is what people are talking about given the controversy surrounding him.  He is being talked about for his marriage to a minor - its not in a good light its more of mockery and poking fun at him on national news. 
Only person I see getting the pitty party has been Crystal.  Again, I say that I do not believe she is involved, but damn the girl needs to be able to answer some tough questions here as well.  Do these people not have tact or dignity?  Conduct yourself as an adult and not a child.  Unite and find your daughter.  Plain and simple!

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #471 on: March 19, 2009, 10:42:31 AM »

I agree get him out of there, but the way to do that is not by spreading rumors on the internet or in the media, its by taking your butt down to LE, saying this is my complaint, this is what I have been told, these are the people you can contact for proof, now get my son into some protective custody and away from his father and that slore.  What the heck is Nancy Grace, Gretta, or Geraldo going to be able to do in reference to getting Jr out of the hands of Ron and Misty??  NOTHIN!

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #472 on: March 19, 2009, 10:49:39 AM »

Since I'm unfamiliar with custody issues and DCF there is one thing that keeps coming back to me that has bothered me. Ron saying that he and Haleigh had an agreement about punishment. WTH does that mean? With parenting classes do they tell you to make an agreement with your kid on how to punish them? I wonder if he had an agreement with JR? And what if your kid is to little to work out an agreement with you? This makes no sense to me at all. 
jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #473 on: March 19, 2009, 10:55:08 AM »

Since I'm unfamiliar with custody issues and DCF there is one thing that keeps coming back to me that has bothered me. Ron saying that he and Haleigh had an agreement about punishment. WTH does that mean? With parenting classes do they tell you to make an agreement with your kid on how to punish them? I wonder if he had an agreement with JR? And what if your kid is to little to work out an agreement with you? This makes no sense to me at all. 

I agree agreement...humm wonder what the agreement was?

jules3699
Scared Monkey

« Reply #474 on: March 19, 2009, 10:56:51 AM »

Also I want to add that I do not see people saying "Poor Ronald" any more.  Yes he is getting interviews, but its because he is the news...and Crystal with her mud slinging has put him there.  He is what people are talking about given the controversy surrounding him.  He is being talked about for his marriage to a minor - its not in a good light its more of mockery and poking fun at him on national news. 
Only person I see getting the pitty party has been Crystal.  Again, I say that I do not believe she is involved, but damn the girl needs to be able to answer some tough questions here as well.  Do these people not have tact or dignity?  Conduct yourself as an adult and not a child.  Unite and find your daughter.  Plain and simple!

Nancy Grace was siding with Ronald until she heard there could be photos of the abuse.  Then she even changed her tune.

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #475 on: March 19, 2009, 10:57:19 AM »

That does kind of make me chuckle.  My agreement with my father was simple, I did the crime I paid the fine!  There was no negociations once a "no no" had occured. 

mioyshi
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #476 on: March 19, 2009, 10:58:00 AM »

sounds like the agreement was, >>-->> I hit you , and you do not tell anyone>  and if you do tell anyone, I will hit you again. 
Makes me ill. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #477 on: March 19, 2009, 10:59:38 AM »

Nancy Grace was siding with Ronald until she heard there could be photos of the abuse.  Then she even changed her tune.
Just as I stated before, while I did not agree with Nancy's tactics, I did apreciate her questioning Crystal and putting Crystal in the hot seat.  I want to hear Crystals answers to the hard questions as well.  I am sick of seeing Ron and Misty's mugs on TV, I want to hear Crystal answer tough questions and be held accountable as a parental unit - even if she was just part time, she is the mother.

Heart
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #478 on: March 19, 2009, 11:00:13 AM »

I know that this is not a popular opinion on this board, but I am going to say it anyway.

While I do not believe that Crystal has done something to harm Haleigh, I do find it suspect that her and her mother came out full throttle with guns blazing from the get go in all of this.  Her baby is missing yet she is worrying herself with a custody battle.  Did she see the opportunity early on for a custody battle and decide to start throwing mud the first chance she had a microphone?  Why the need for this Anna person and Marie person to be telling complete strangers inside info for any other reason than to muddy the waters?  Why the need for 2 sides in all of this?  Why can they both not for a moment put aside their differences and say "We want OUR daughter back.  We may not get a long, we may have other opinions, but this is OUR child and she needs to be returned"..........didn't see that.
Totally agree with what you've said....I just don't get their thinking.

Okay, she's seeking custody; well, why does that have to be a huge media production?

Can't she do this quietly, behind the scenes?  Would just seem more geniune/sincere.  My opinion.

Good morning Monkeys!

Not to slam Crystal, but there is a well-known in some circles attorney and PR crew involved now.  Have you noticed that Crystal now responds in interviews like she is being and I am sure she is being coached.

It all might be for the best.

We all want the best for the little ones.

Heart
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #479 on: March 19, 2009, 11:01:57 AM »

sounds like the agreement was, >>-->> I hit you , and you do not tell anyone>  and if you do tell anyone, I will hit you again. 
Makes me ill. 
If that is the case it needs to be addressed by the authorities because unfortunately taking the SOB outside and beating the crap out of him is against the law. 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.