June 15, 2024, 05:35:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lively Case Discussion #536 10/24 - 10/25/2006  (Read 110362 times)
kbm
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #640 on: October 25, 2006, 02:13:34 PM »

Quote from: "Anna"
KBM,
Are you fluent in Papiamento?  Would you have time to translate a few newspaper articles for us from time to time?  The online translator is dreadful and we have a hard time translating things.

oh im sorry my papiamento is pretty bad. i speak dutch
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: October 25, 2006, 02:15:21 PM »

Quote from: "kbm"
KBM,
Do people in Aruba think the boycott is because of Dr.Phil show?  It was already underway when that was aired.  I watched it but do not usually watch nor pay any attention to Dr. Phil.  He is respected in this country but I don't think his show had much to do with the boycott.  It would have happened anyway with or without Dr. Phil.  He is just not that important to people in making a decision.

i know that the boycot was already before the show....but he also "stimulated" the boycot al litle bit. (thats my opinion)

Yeah, I agree.  Maybe a little but not that much really.  He is on to something else the next day and so people just watch and don't really get involved with all his causes.  But just a tiny bit.  Was bad publicity for Aruba but not likely to sway many about going there or not.

I just don't want the people of Aruba to think we are so foolish that we would allow one TV show to make up our minds for us.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #642 on: October 25, 2006, 02:16:13 PM »

I must say that despite my being very harsh, kbm (whomever he/she may be) has responded only with politeness. For that, kbm, I will back off.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: October 25, 2006, 02:16:40 PM »

KBM,
Are you fluent in Papiamento?  Would you have time to translate a few newspaper articles for us from time to time?  The online translator is dreadful and we have a hard time translating things.

OK, thanks anyway!  Was just a thought.  Always on the lookout for a translator.

Very Happy

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

kbm
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #644 on: October 25, 2006, 02:17:01 PM »

KBM,
Do people in Aruba think the boycott is because of Dr.Phil show?  It was already underway when that was aired.  I watched it but do not usually watch nor pay any attention to Dr. Phil.  He is respected in this country but I don't think his show had much to do with the boycott.  It would have happened anyway with or without Dr. Phil.  He is just not that important to people in making a decision.

i know that the boycot was already before the show....but he also "stimulated" the boycot al litle bit. (thats my opinion)

Yeah, I agree.  Maybe a little but not that much really.  He is on to something else the next day and so people just watch and don't really get involved with all his causes.  But just a tiny bit.  Was bad publicity for Aruba but not likely to sway many about going there or not.

I just don't want the people of Aruba to think we are so foolish that we would allow one TV show to make up our minds for us.

yeh i know
but natalee's mother was on several tv shows. and still millions of ppl watch that
kbm
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #645 on: October 25, 2006, 02:17:59 PM »

Quote from: "justinsmama"
I must say that despite my being very harsh, kbm (whomever he/she may be) has responded only with politeness. For that, kbm, I will back off.

thank you
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #646 on: October 25, 2006, 02:18:01 PM »

If Dubbya comes here to post, I'd have a lot of questions for him, too.  Wink

justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #647 on: October 25, 2006, 02:18:28 PM »

thank you

You are quite welcome, kbm.

snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #648 on: October 25, 2006, 02:19:10 PM »

kbm

Did you know that the Gottenbos famly had moved to the United States? Georgia.

Do you know why they moved?

What does it mean to you when a person holds up a lot of cash in a photograph?  Is there any particular meaning to that?  $1300 or $1400 to be exact.  That may seem like a silly question, but it may have different meanings to some.  To some people it could have a particular meaning.  

Do you know anything about Sander Gottenbos?  Or Koen?  Had you heard that Sander lost his cell phone on May 30th?  He never reported it.  That seems really coincadental that it came up missing on that particular date, and unusual not to report your cell phone.

Do you know if Joron went boating, or was he afraid of the water?

TIA
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: October 25, 2006, 02:20:00 PM »

[.

yeh i know
but natalee's mother was on several tv shows. and still millions of ppl watch that[/quote]

Yes, more people would have seen all those shows than Dr Phil.  And while we tend to believe Beth, we still get the statements from the suspects and other information for she is a distraught parent.  We try to verify everything from at least two sources.  Usually we can get two or three.

PERSONA NON GRATA

kbm
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #650 on: October 25, 2006, 02:22:41 PM »

Quote from: "snoopy"
kbm

Did you know that the Gottenbos famly had moved to the United States? Georgia.

Do you know why they moved?

What does it mean to you when a person holds up a lot of cash in a photograph?  Is there any particular meaning to that?  $1300 or $1400 to be exact.  That may seem like a silly question, but it may have different meanings to some.  To some people it could have a particular meaning.  

Do you know anything about Sander Gottenbos?  Or Koen?  Had you heard that Sander lost his cell phone on May 30th?  He never reported it.  That seems really coincadental that it came up missing on that particular date, and unusual not to report your cell phone.

Do you know if Joron went boating, or was he afraid of the water?

TIA

yeh i know they moved.....i dont really know why they moved
to me it explains that he walked with allot of money that day.
well i dont think allot of ppl report there cell phone here.

i dont think joran went boating, and im pretty sure he's not afraid of water
SunFreak2
Monkey Junky

« Reply #651 on: October 25, 2006, 02:23:43 PM »

Would you mind translating this article then?  Thanks!  I'm really wanting to know what it says about de Vries.

13 september 2006
Peter R. de Vries gearresteerd

OISTERWIJK - Peter R. de Vries is woensdag aan het eind van de ochtend in Oisterwijk gearresteerd. De misdaadverslaggever wilde in Brabant een politieagent en de korpsleiding confronteren met zijn bevindingen over discutabele contacten van de agent met hoogbejaarde vrouwen, aldus de redactie van De Vries' programma.

De politie bevestigde woensdagmiddag dat het gaat om De Vries en een 42-jarige medewerker, die op de Staatbergven in Oisterwijk even voor het middaguur werden aangehouden. Daar waren agenten van de politie Oisterwijk bezig met teambuilding. Een woordvoerder zegt dat de misdaadverslaggever tot drie keer toe weigerde in te gaan op het verzoek van de eigenaar om het particuliere terrein te verlaten. Hij en zijn collega zijn daarna aangehouden voor erfvredebreuk.

De presentator werd overgebracht naar een politiebureau in Tilburg. Hij is daar verhoord en ongeveer twee uur later vrijgelaten. Tegen hem is proces-verbaal opgemaakt. Politie en justitie beslissen later over het vervolg. De programmamedewerker is eveneens verhoord en mocht daarna ook gaan.

Peter R. de Vries noemt de reactie van de politie ''overtrokken''. ''Ik was op een openbaar toegankelijk terrein. Geen slagbomen, pasjes of hekken. Toen ik de agent met onze bevindingen wilde confronteren, kwamen er vrijwel meteen collega's bij die ons het verder praten niet toestonden en op zeker moment riepen: u bent gearresteerd.''

De Vries verbaasde zich over de snelheid waarmee drie politieauto's uit Tilburg hen kwamen halen. ''Het riekt naar machtsmisbruik. Als wij een burger met iets confronteren, is er ook altijd wel iemand die dat niet prettig vindt, maar de politie schiet dan niet te hulp.''

Eind mei besteedde de televisiemaker ook aandacht aan twee erfenissen die de agent van de politie Oisterwijk onder verdachte omstandigheden zou hebben ontvangen. Hij zou als politieman in contact zijn gekomen met de vrouwen. Daarna bouwde hij een vertrouwensrelatie op en dankte hieraan vervolgens een lucratieve nalatenschap.

De eerste uitzending leverde zoveel reacties op dat De Vries besloot nogmaals aandacht aan de kwestie te besteden. Dit zal binnenkort, ''al dan niet met een reactie van de agent'', te zien zijn bij het SBS-programma. (ANP)
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #652 on: October 25, 2006, 02:25:05 PM »

Did you happen to see the most beautiful girl in the world?
And if you did, was she cryin' ... cryin'...

kbm
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #653 on: October 25, 2006, 02:25:07 PM »

im not gonna translate it full....but ill tell the important things
robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: October 25, 2006, 02:25:45 PM »

what is klass email ?

thanks

robotica  Cool

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
justinsmama
Monkey Junky

« Reply #655 on: October 25, 2006, 02:28:00 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
what is klass email ?

thanks

robotica  Cool

She posted it a page or so back.

robots
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #656 on: October 25, 2006, 02:30:06 PM »

Quote from: "robots"
what is klass email ?

thanks

robotica  Cool

She posted it a page or so back.

thanks Smile

Man is kind enough when he is not excited by religion.
- A Horse's Tale
Leslie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #657 on: October 25, 2006, 02:30:11 PM »

Kawish:  Is the deVries show seen on Aruba TV?  How is the flooding in your part of Aruba?  Where do you study economics in Aruba?

Fox reported...I decided...Click!
kbm
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #658 on: October 25, 2006, 02:35:34 PM »

Quote from: "SunFreak2"

Would you mind translating this article then?  Thanks!  I'm really wanting to know what it says about de Vries.

13 september 2006
Peter R. de Vries gearresteerd

OISTERWIJK - Peter R. de Vries is woensdag aan het eind van de ochtend in Oisterwijk gearresteerd. De misdaadverslaggever wilde in Brabant een politieagent en de korpsleiding confronteren met zijn bevindingen over discutabele contacten van de agent met hoogbejaarde vrouwen, aldus de redactie van De Vries' programma.

De politie bevestigde woensdagmiddag dat het gaat om De Vries en een 42-jarige medewerker, die op de Staatbergven in Oisterwijk even voor het middaguur werden aangehouden. Daar waren agenten van de politie Oisterwijk bezig met teambuilding. Een woordvoerder zegt dat de misdaadverslaggever tot drie keer toe weigerde in te gaan op het verzoek van de eigenaar om het particuliere terrein te verlaten. Hij en zijn collega zijn daarna aangehouden voor erfvredebreuk.

De presentator werd overgebracht naar een politiebureau in Tilburg. Hij is daar verhoord en ongeveer twee uur later vrijgelaten. Tegen hem is proces-verbaal opgemaakt. Politie en justitie beslissen later over het vervolg. De programmamedewerker is eveneens verhoord en mocht daarna ook gaan.

Peter R. de Vries noemt de reactie van de politie ''overtrokken''. ''Ik was op een openbaar toegankelijk terrein. Geen slagbomen, pasjes of hekken. Toen ik de agent met onze bevindingen wilde confronteren, kwamen er vrijwel meteen collega's bij die ons het verder praten niet toestonden en op zeker moment riepen: u bent gearresteerd.''

De Vries verbaasde zich over de snelheid waarmee drie politieauto's uit Tilburg hen kwamen halen. ''Het riekt naar machtsmisbruik. Als wij een burger met iets confronteren, is er ook altijd wel iemand die dat niet prettig vindt, maar de politie schiet dan niet te hulp.''

Eind mei besteedde de televisiemaker ook aandacht aan twee erfenissen die de agent van de politie Oisterwijk onder verdachte omstandigheden zou hebben ontvangen. Hij zou als politieman in contact zijn gekomen met de vrouwen. Daarna bouwde hij een vertrouwensrelatie op en dankte hieraan vervolgens een lucratieve nalatenschap.

De eerste uitzending leverde zoveel reacties op dat De Vries besloot nogmaals aandacht aan de kwestie te besteden. Dit zal binnenkort, ''al dan niet met een reactie van de agent'', te zien zijn bij het SBS-programma. (ANP)

uhm its says nothing about the holloway-case.

but it says that deVries was arrested that wednesday because he'd confront a cop. (he thinks that the cop had a relation with older women or something/ and theire legancy) and they say he was on a private property. and the owner warned deVries three times but he didnt moved so he get  arrested and released a couple of hours later.

deVries said that he wasnt on a private property because there was no fence etc etc

so he's gonna do another show about this thing
snoopy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #659 on: October 25, 2006, 02:36:13 PM »

Is it common for kids to carry that much money in Aruba?  How does a student acquire that much money?   The reasonn I ask is that he is posing with money on his tickle site in the same fashion as Joron was in one of his pictures.. i just didn't know if this meant something in particular.

This is not directed toward you, but I'd like to slap that smile off his face.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.