April 26, 2024, 01:58:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Obama Weighing Wider Covert War in Pakistan  (Read 2504 times)
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« on: March 18, 2009, 09:56:46 PM »

U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates says the United States is concerned about Taliban activity in and around Quetta, the capital of Pakistan's southern Baluchistan province.

Gates was responding to a report published in Wednesday's New York Times newspaper that says the Obama administration is debating whether to expand its covert military strikes against Islamic militant bases in Pakistan to include Baluchistan.

The defense secretary also said the United States believes the problem of Islamic extremism is principally a problem for the Pakistanis to solve. He added the United States is willing to help the Pakistani government do that.

[...]

President Obama is reviewing U.S. policy in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and an outline is expected later this month at an international conference on Afghanistan in The Hague.

The New York Times reports that many of Mr. Obama's advisers are urging him to continue the Bush administration's policy of attacking Islamic bases in Pakistan's tribal areas.

Pakistan has condemned the attacks, calling them counter-productive. The United States has repeatedly pressured the Pakistani government to do more to root out terrorist bases.

MORE...

The Bible/Torah states in Leviticus, "If one comes to slay you, arise and slay him first."  Torah (Rashi, anyway) explanation here.

The point of the explanation is that it is not necessary for a thief breaking into your house to actually hold a knife to your throat for you to "legitimately" feel your life is in danger. The logical assumption is that the thief knows you are not going to stand meekly by and watch as he steals all your possessions so he must kill you. Since you know his intent is to kill you, you are entitled to make a pre-emptive self-defense strike.

In studying Torah, we sometimes take lessons for other aspects of Life from simple examples like this. I would say Americans do not really need to fear that Al Qaeda operatives will be sneaking up behind their easy chair as they watch, "American Idol," with a knife clutched between their teeth. The knife part really isn't the point.

The point is that when it comes to survival and dealing with closed minds like the Taliban or Al Qaeda terrorists, there is only one rule: kill or be killed. Whoever kills first, wins. That's the point.

I think President Obama has got a pair and he's not going to let fear of political fallout stop him from ordering the military actions that will best ensure our safety as a nation.

You can't play nice with terrorists. They only have one rule, too: they want you to die.

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2009, 11:24:44 PM »

Oldiebutgoodie quoted: "We must cease to interpret and define the "halacha" according to what is comfortable to our western mentality and mind set."

I know you are not Jewish and I'm interested in how you came to know about Rashi and Parshat.

With kind regards,
Louise

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »

Oldiebutgoodie quoted: "We must cease to interpret and define the "halacha" according to what is comfortable to our western mentality and mind set."

I know you are not Jewish and I'm interested in how you came to know about Rashi and Parshat.

With kind regards,
Louise

Shalom, Louise. I don't recall ever making any such quote as you attribute to me in the above quote. I don't think it is a bad quote at all but I don't recall that I ever posted that here.

How could you possibly know that I am not Jewish when, in fact, that is exactly what I am?

How do I know about Rashi and Torah and all that? Well, I'm Jewish. Besides, I worked for many years for an Orthodox yeshiva and a meshugenah lovable bunch of Orthodox rabbis. I learned a lot just by hanging out with those guys. Some of the best experiences of my whole life have been from hanging out with the rabbis. They were always unpredictable and lots of fun.

("Have a nice day")

BETH HOLLOWAY: "We will not let this go until we take Natalee home. It will never end."
oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 05:33:05 PM »

Hey, Louise. I just found a beautiful video:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qVM6x4BechI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/qVM6x4BechI&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1</a>

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 07:24:26 PM »

U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates says the United States is concerned about Taliban activity in and around Quetta, the capital of Pakistan's southern Baluchistan province.

Gates was responding to a report published in Wednesday's New York Times newspaper that says the Obama administration is debating whether to expand its covert military strikes against Islamic militant bases in Pakistan to include Baluchistan.

The defense secretary also said the United States believes the problem of Islamic extremism is principally a problem for the Pakistanis to solve. He added the United States is willing to help the Pakistani government do that.

[...]

President Obama is reviewing U.S. policy in Afghanistan and Pakistan, and an outline is expected later this month at an international conference on Afghanistan in The Hague.

The New York Times reports that many of Mr. Obama's advisers are urging him to continue the Bush administration's policy of attacking Islamic bases in Pakistan's tribal areas.

Pakistan has condemned the attacks, calling them counter-productive. The United States has repeatedly pressured the Pakistani government to do more to root out terrorist bases.

MORE...

The Bible/Torah states in Leviticus, "If one comes to slay you, arise and slay him first."  Torah (Rashi, anyway) explanation here.

The point of the explanation is that it is not necessary for a thief breaking into your house to actually hold a knife to your throat for you to "legitimately" feel your life is in danger. The logical assumption is that the thief knows you are not going to stand meekly by and watch as he steals all your possessions so he must kill you. Since you know his intent is to kill you, you are entitled to make a pre-emptive self-defense strike.

In studying Torah, we sometimes take lessons for other aspects of Life from simple examples like this. I would say Americans do not really need to fear that Al Qaeda operatives will be sneaking up behind their easy chair as they watch, "American Idol," with a knife clutched between their teeth. The knife part really isn't the point.

The point is that when it comes to survival and dealing with closed minds like the Taliban or Al Qaeda terrorists, there is only one rule: kill or be killed. Whoever kills first, wins. That's the point.

I think President Obama has got a pair and he's not going to let fear of political fallout stop him from ordering the military actions that will best ensure our safety as a nation.

You can't play nice with terrorists. They only have one rule, too: they want you to die.

What about the safety of one American family?  Does Obama care about them?

I don't think this man has killed anyone - Roger Barnett, Arizona rancher.

Imagine people jumping over your fence, destroying your property, breaking into your home and depositing human waste on your doorstep and tell me how you would respond. Would you invite them in and offer them tea? Perhaps you would ask them to spend the night with your family, perhaps using your bed while you sleep in the sofa? Maybe a little lemonade and hot dog stand out there for them to get a little lunch on their way through your land? Sorry about that last one, since I am sure liberals would argue that you are taking advantage of poor, defenseless innocents simply searching for a better life. I guess you should offer them that lemonade and those hot dogs for free – or else.

Proving that its sanity was not complete, that same jury inexplicably awarded the trespassers $78,000 on claims of assault and “emotional distress.” Suppose a man breaks into your home and you threaten to shoot him unless he leaves. He proceeds to use your sofa as a bathroom and begins to cry. Can he now sue you for assault and emotional distress? This is called a jury brainwashed by this nation’s liberally-induced stupidity.

http://www.familysecuritymatters.org/publications/id.2610/pub_detail.asp

Maybe Obama will swing by Arizona and visit the Barnett family on his way home?

When will Obama show concern for the safety of Americans in the homeland?

jmho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 09:19:22 PM »

With kind regards,
Louise

Shalom, Louise. I don't recall ever making any such quote as you attribute to me in the above quote. I don't think it is a bad quote at all but I don't recall that I ever posted that here.

How could you possibly know that I am not Jewish when, in fact, that is exactly what I am?

How do I know about Rashi and Torah and all that? Well, I'm Jewish. Besides, I worked for many years for an Orthodox yeshiva and a meshugenah lovable bunch of Orthodox rabbis. I learned a lot just by hanging out with those guys. Some of the best experiences of my whole life have been from hanging out with the rabbis. They were always unpredictable and lots of fun.

("Have a nice day")

I don't think heaven cares about the religious labels we apply to ourselves or to others.

I'm not sure what qualifies one as Jewish, Christian or any other religion.  In the end, the final decision belongs to the Lord.

imho

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

oldiebutgoodie
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:35:03 PM »

[...]

MORE...

Imagine people jumping over your fence, destroying your property, breaking into your home and depositing human waste on your doorstep and tell me how you would respond. Would you invite them in and offer them tea? Perhaps you would ask them to spend the night with your family, perhaps using your bed while you sleep in the sofa? Maybe a little lemonade and hot dog stand out there for them to get a little lunch on their way through your land? Sorry about that last one, since I am sure liberals would argue that you are taking advantage of poor, defenseless innocents simply searching for a better life. I guess you should offer them that lemonade and those hot dogs for free – or else.

Proving that its sanity was not complete, that same jury inexplicably awarded the trespassers $78,000 on claims of assault and “emotional distress.” Suppose a man breaks into your home and you threaten to shoot him unless he leaves. He proceeds to use your sofa as a bathroom and begins to cry. Can he now sue you for assault and emotional distress? This is called a jury brainwashed by this nation’s liberally-induced stupidity.

jmho

Oh, please do post a link to where President Obama has stated he wants illegal aliens to drop by for tea and deposit human waste on Americans' front porch.

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2009, 09:37:36 AM »

[...]

MORE...

jmho

Oh, please do post a link to where President Obama has stated he wants illegal aliens to drop by for tea and deposit human waste on Americans' front porch.

I'm not sure such a link exists. 

I would like to see the Obama administration signal some interest in protecting America's borders so that people like the Barnetts do not have to fear for their safety. 

Wouldn't it be nice if everyday Americans didn't have to buy guns to defend their families? 

jmho

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.