April 25, 2024, 10:21:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancaster Mom Arrested For Murder of Emma Barker 18 mo.  (Read 20913 times)
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2009, 08:37:38 PM »

Almost quit this whole place when I learned of this yesterday / The only cocilation is that the B**** got caught
I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 05:18:22 PM »

Why is this story NOT plastered all over the news???
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »

Why is this story NOT plastered all over the news???

I think that NG is just beginning to talk about it...haven't heard many other talking heads really talking about Emma, sadly....

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2009, 05:22:18 PM »

http://cbs2.com/local/Stacey.Marie.Barker.2.1006928.html
Lancaster Mom Pleads Not Guilty In Toddler's Death
May 11, 2009 11:40 am US/Pacific

A Quartz Hill woman pleaded not guilty today to murder and other charges stemming from the death of her 18-month-old daughter, whom she initially claimed was taken from her in a violent kidnapping.

Along with murder, Stacey Marie Barker is accused of one count each of assault on a child causing death and child abuse.

Authorities allege the 24-year-old woman initially lied to investigators about the circumstances of her toddler's death.

She told sheriff's deputies that someone knocked her out as she was putting her daughter into a car seat in Lancaster on the evening of March 19, and that she awoke hours later at a park-and-ride lot in Palmdale.

Barker allegedly inflicted wounds to her head, partially undressed and faked semi-consciousness in an attempt to mislead deputies.

Under questioning, she later told deputies that her daughter, Emma Leigh, died in an unspecified accident and said she panicked and dumped the body, according to the sheriff's department.

Investigators recovered the toddler's body in a yard in the 13000 block of El Dorado Avenue in Sylmar.

Barker has remained jailed since her arrest April 23.

She is due back at the Antelope Valley Courthouse in Lancaster on June 15, when a date is scheduled to be set for a hearing to determine if there is sufficient evidence to require her to stand trial.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2009, 02:02:38 PM »

Anyone know the status of this case?? I'm surprised its not getting that much attention!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #25 on: November 16, 2009, 02:54:10 PM »

On April 27 Barker was arrested and the charges filed against the young mother include murder, assault on a child causing death and child abuse. The complaint alleges that Barker willfully caused and permitted the child to be injured and harmed and that injury resulted in death.

After a two-day preliminary hearing, Judge Carlos A. Chung ruled on July 27 that he found probable cause to hold Stacey Barker over for trial in the murder of Emma. On August 10, Barker formally pled Not Guilty to all counts. She is being housed in the Century Regional Detention Facility in the city of Lynwood on $1 million bail.

A pre-trial hearing was held on September 9 at the Antelope Valley Courthouse with Judge Hayden Zackey presiding. Deputy District Attorney (DDA) S. Kelly Cromer represented the people and Stacey Barker was represented by Public Defender (PD), Roberto F. Dager. The details in this report on the hearing will come from postings by Tori and friends, Anurse and TheGoodTwin (TGT). They were kind enough to attend the hearing and share some details with us. While there wasn’t a lot accomplished in SB’s hearing it was a remarkable day in court for the girls.

This courtroom has 3 sections, in the middle there are 5 rows of about 10 seats behind the Attorneys and Defendants table and then 4 rows of 5 seats in each row on the sides. The bailiff will not let ANYONE sit in the front row of the middle section, those seats have to remain empty at all times. For some reason this is the rule in all the courtrooms at this courthouse, most likely because from the middle front row you are in touching distance of the attorneys and defendants.

Today the only people in court “for” Stacey Barker aka ”Smother Mother” seem to be her grandparents and boyfriend Brendan (BB). They are seated in the middle section in the second row, we were on the right side of the courtroom behind them, there is just a 2 foot aisle between the rows of seats so all they had to do was look to the right and they could see us. For some reason the grandparents seemed to look at us a lot, you could even say they were staring. We don’t know if they know who we are but it doesn’t matter, it was not us who did something wrong. Brendan kept fidgeting in his seat and playing with his hands, like he was checking to see if they were smelly. Which reminds me….

The judge had several cases ahead of SB, one of the people was a guy who sat right in front of us. He smelled so bad , we were about to lose it….nurse kept putting scented lotion on her hands and fanning to cover the smell. Maybe Brendan thought it was him that smelled when in fact it was this guy (nicknamed pig pen)...or his fingers smelled better than the aroma pig pen was putting off and he was trying to rid his nose of the odor…who knows… at any rate, if you should ever find yourself in this predicament, Tori learned from Sara on CSI that if you smile, it suppresses the gag reflex.

When SB was brought into the courtroom she had her hair pulled back in the front and the yellow jailhouse garb. She had makeup on and didn’t look as though she was in any type of distress today . SB barely acknowledged her grandparents. She gave a half smirk/smile to her boyfriend and flung that I don’t give a flying rats @ss attitude at TGT when she saw her. (They do know each other)

When it was SB’s turn the PD asked the judge to speak with him ex parte, He said something about some appointments. ( ex parte refers to motions, hearings or orders granted on the request of and for the benefit of one party only.) The courtroom was then cleared, the PD said it was ok for SB’s family to stay, but they left the courtroom too.

As we were leaving the courtroom there was a woman that sounded mad at the bailiff as she loudly complained, ”They said this was open to the public and now they kick us out.”

The girls nicknamed this lady “Braids“ or “Mystery Lady 2“. (If you have followed Tori’s prior courtroom reports, there is a Mystery Lady1 who didn’t attend today) Tori said Braids looked to be in her late 70‘s or early 80‘s. Of course her hair was gray, and she had about 50 small braids pinned up (like pinwheels) around her head, but it was very messy and looks like she doesn‘t take them down very often. Not surprising she was dressed like an old lady with a mid knee skirt, long socks, an “old lady“ shirt with a sweater. Tori wrote down the conversation she had with Braids in the hallway outside of the courtroom, so here that is…..

Because she was taking notes, I flat out asked her who she was reporting for? She told me that she had ulterior motives for sitting in on the trials. Then she asked was that Stacey Barker sitting there? She did not know SB and asked who was her family? She said something about her neighborhood.... and her son's middle name was Hayden, same as the Judges name...she was talking gibberish so I have no idea why she is there....even after talking with her! I know you are all scratching your heads reading this part….well, that is how we all felt after speaking with her...I wrote it just the way she said it. She was so loud in the courtroom but in the hall I struggled to hear her … maybe I wasn't paying attention because I was looking at her braids the whole time....LOL

(The girls commented about another defendant that they nicknamed Devil Dude. The following is what one of the girls wrote about this guy. I included the information about him, Pig Pen, and Braids so you would get a feel for the vibe at the courthouse, it is definitely not a pleasant place)

Devil dude was a very creepy guy covered in tattoos ( I love tattoos) but they were all over his bald head, on his face all over his hands and arms, he had a very evil look to him, his eyes were seriously creepy...He was brought in to the courtroom after we were all asked to clear the room...He was all shackled up, he had the handcuffs, the chain around his waist, and the bracelets around his ankles...There were I think like 3 or 4 guards in the room....I don’t know what he did, but as we were allowed back in the courtroom, he looked at everyone in the eyes, like he was getting a image of us in his head...He was just creepy, we all had shivers when he looked at us...

When we went back on the record in the courtroom Judge Zackey told the PD, Roberto Dager, that he needed to make all the reports available to the DDA, Kelly Cromer, before the next court date which is October 6.

The Judge then asked SB if the October date was ok with her and her reply blew me away…she said, “yeah, I’m not going anywhere”. Her tone sounded very sarcastic. She may have just been trying to be funny, but if so it didn’t work because the Judge told her, “I know that, but I have to ask you anyway because it has to do with the time and your right to a speedy trial.” He sounded sarcastic too. My impression of him is he is a cool judge. He has a certain manner, like it takes a lot to make him mad, not a jerk like some judges.. He is someone who I think would be a nice guy outside of court too.

So the date was set for her to come back and set a trial date for sometime within 60 days of the October 6 hearing. Court was recessed.

http://katfishponders.blogspot.com/2009/09/stacey-barker-heads-back-to-court.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: November 16, 2009, 02:56:18 PM »

http://my.nowpublic.com/culture/judge-rules-stacey-barker-will-go-trial-murder-emma?page=7

lot's of reading above

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: November 16, 2009, 03:04:58 PM »

Follow along at Topix
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/lancaster-ca/TTOB3LJ1AMDNILQLS/p24

I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2009, 02:04:32 PM »

Thanks you so much Nut 44x4 for the updates!!
I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 12:33:58 PM »

any further info on this case?? As I believe the actual trial is in its 4th day today 5/10/2011
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 04:46:11 PM »

any further info on this case?? As I believe the actual trial is in its 4th day today 5/10/2011

have not heard a word on this case..

I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2011, 09:44:58 AM »

I believe Stacey Barker gets sentenced today! She was found guilty at her trial earlier this month! 
I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2011, 02:59:17 PM »

sentenced to 62 years for the 1st degree murder of emma. justice served.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2011, 04:03:37 PM »

::justice2NJ::

Little Emma  an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 05:07:48 PM »

OMGOSH!!!!!! I had never read this story but I swear if you guy will go and read this story you can insert Casey's name where Stacey's is and not know the difference.  God, why do you let these ignorant young mother's have these sweet little children?  They don't want them, they only want them to keep a man and in some instances it's only for money but there are so many women praying desperately/trying for a child and can't.  I have no right to question and I am sorry for doubting.  These girls are getting more evil by the day, they have no remorse, aren't able to feel, just totally detached.  I want SuperPowers to go around and sterilize those who really need it!  And I want to take innocent little babies from bad, bad parents with evil intentions and give them to good people.  I know, it will never happen but a girl can dream can't she?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 08:21:06 AM »

amen! thank you God....

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 08:45:13 AM »

amen. justice.  would love to have Emma but this is good that her egg donor will never really be out of jail!
I dont feel tardy
Scared Monkey

« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2011, 01:37:33 PM »

I'm just not sure if the total of 62 total years for being found guilty on 3 separate counts is to be served consecutively. I do know that she got 25 to life on the 1st degree murder charge alone plus another 25 to life on another charge and then additional years for yet another crime all related to the case. BUT what baffled me was the lack of coverage the past 2 yrs regarding this case. RIP Emma
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 07:55:12 AM »

Amen and Amen.

Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.