March 29, 2024, 03:40:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #810 3/21/09 - 3/24/09  (Read 182424 times)
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2009, 06:14:59 AM »

MORNING MONKEYS!!!!!!

Prayers for Natalees return, and for some peace for her family.

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2009, 09:10:59 AM »

MORNING MONKEYS!!!!!!

Prayers for Natalees return, and for some peace for her family.

Amen, FOM.  Good to see you.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2009, 10:02:09 AM »

Does the pond everyone is talking about have quicksand?

They don't call it quicksand but I'd say sort of yes.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2009, 10:12:53 AM »

Quote from: Tamikosmom on March 21, 2009, 11:18:44 PM
Quote from: mytime on March 21, 2009, 11:03:00 PM
Quote from: Tamikosmom on March 21, 2009, 10:55:20 PM
Quote from: mytime on March 21, 2009, 10:41:40 PM
Quote from: Tamikosmom on March 21, 2009, 10:38:03 PM
Quote from: mytime on March 21, 2009, 10:32:08 PM
Quote from: Tamikosmom on March 21, 2009, 10:28:07 PM
Quote from: klaasend on March 21, 2009, 10:25:53 PM
Quote from: Tamikosmom on March 21, 2009, 10:18:44 PM
Quote from: klaasend on March 21, 2009, 10:13:56 PM
Quote from: Magnolia on March 21, 2009, 10:05:12 PM

Janet
XOXO
I DEMAND a recount....
I am OBVIOUSLY NOT the stackin champ!
Klaasend,
Please direct me to the torch passing ceremony...
Please invite Janet...

just kiddin' billb, Janet learned from the master.....YOU!   

Yes Hotping...Grasshopper Janet has learned well..she grabbed the pebble from my palm.....
Crown Janet the new Master...

I am honored.

I want to afford special thanks to Mytime, Klaasend and Magnolia.  Without their contribution billb would still reign.

When is the coronation?

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2009, 10:13:55 AM »

GOOD MORNING MONKEYS!!

Janet
7:15 PM PT

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2009, 10:31:43 AM »

Does the pond everyone is talking about have quicksand?

They don't call it quicksand but I'd say sort of yes.

I cannot comprehend why a search of the pond is taking place now.  If there was anything Natalee Holloway case related ... logic dictates it would have been discovered in May, 2008 when the pond was dried.

Why not wait until May, 2009 when the pond is once again dried if searching below ground level is where it is at?

Janet

+++++

Posted by GLENDA at RU:

Quote from: Glenda
This afternoon at Montserat (03/21/09)

"Pond in February 2008"

"Pond in May 2008"

_____

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #126 on: March 22, 2009, 10:31:49 AM »

Good Morning, Monkeys!

Let's all be sure to remember Natalee and her family in our prayers today and pray that this will be the day they find the peace they have sought for almost five long years now!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:14 AM »

http://estiinthailand.blogspot.com/2009/03/sex-drugs-and-acoustic-guitar.html

skip to main | skip to sidebar
Esti's Blog
My Travels Through Thailand

Monday, 9 March 2009
Sex, Drugs, and Acoustic Guitar
The past couple of weeks have been mildly debaucherous... For freshness of mind reasons I'm going to report them in reverse or random order, beginning with last night- a sample of which is depicted for your viewing pleasure to the left.

As some sort of effort to integrate the various nationalities at Rangsit University's International College, the school took us on a three day trip to the beach about 3 hours Southwest of Bangkok. They rented out a nice resort and bussed all 200 of us down there, leaving us to our own devices. I unfortunately had to go to the hospital on the morning of the departure to deal with this lung ailment I've been suffering from for the past month, but I made it to Ban Phe by about 7:30, by which time every single other person was like 6 whiskey neats deep.

The party had taken the form of a free style international rap battle, (which somehow these Bhutanese guys were dominating) spread out along these gazebos on the beach and enhanced by the attendance of many of our professors. Things escalated seemingly quickly from there, and soon enough there were people in various stages of nakedness running into the ocean and tackling each other. After we were all coerced out of that potentially hazardous situation, we opted for chicken fighting in the hotel pool which only ended up being equally if not more hazardous.

The next day, those of us who made it up while the sun was still out, rented tubes and just bobbed in the ocean for hours. While this was really relaxing and fun, it also kind of simulating the effects of a washing machine which isn't optimal for the morning after. That night was more of the same, only this time there were 8-year-old fire dancers and spin-the-bottle involved. It was a really great bonding experience for the group, some of whom bonded a lot more than others- and to my knowledge only 5 people threw up and only 1 item of hotel property was destroyed. Being that I had nothing to do with any of the above, I call the entire trip a success and only wish it had lasted longer (and had better food).

This brings me to things I wish had lasted less time- namely, my friend Q's twenty first birthday which was last week. In the morning, I went to the floating markets which were really boring and annoying and sweaty. As soon as I got in the door, I had to quickly get ready and make myself presentable to meet up with Q, our friends Kirk and Joran (Van Der Sloot-- Google him), and Q's mom, who was visiting and was us out to dinner for his birthday. We went to a restaurant in the State Tower which is famous for it's Sky Bar on the 56th floor that overlooks all of Bangkok. We ate on the 54th floor and had a table right on the edge of the roof- it was totally incredible. I tried taking pictures, but none of them came out well. This was probably the classiest and nicest restaurant I've ever been to in my life. If you question its classiness hear this: They gave me an upholstered stool to put my purse on next to my chair. I mean come on.

When we were finished dinner we went back to Q's mom's hotel for more drinks (on her) and then went to this club called Bed. Aptly, instead of tables in this club, there are only beds, the entire place is filled with beds. I think it's an international gimmick and I'm pretty sure they have one in New York. I'm not sure how they compare, but this one was really nice. Apparently I have been hanging out with all of the wrong people up until now (no offense guys) because the guys I was with payed for EVERYTHING the whole night. Just to get into the club was about $40 a person, and drinks were also extremely overpriced. I just stood around and if my hand was ever empty I only had to wait about 20 seconds for someone to put a drink in it. This graciousness extended to cab fare and munchy snacks (which became increasingly important later in the night) and I managed to go the whole night without dropping a single Baht. 

around 4 we went back to Kirk and Joran's house which is about a 6 minute walk from where Q and I live (our apartments are next to each other's). I can't really get into details here, but let's just say we put all those f**ers who take 21 shots on their 21st birthdays to total f**ing shame. I got home at 11:30 that morning, and given the state I was in, I am considering skipping my own 21st birthday entirely. And I shall say no more.

I don't have much planned for the next couple of days... Ben and Ga are arriving in 6 days (but who's counting) and we'll be going to Koh Samet and then meeting up in Vietnam. I'm also skipping the rest of school until April to travel, as I think it's in my best learning interest to experience things outside the classroom. And because I can.

Lots of love and Chag Purim Sameach to everyone (especially you Jordan)
Fondlingly,
Esti
Posted by Esti's Blog at 03:31
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #128 on: March 22, 2009, 10:34:31 AM »

Isn't the island basically volcanic rock?  I don't believe there would be the underground streams required for quicksand but I could be wrong.  At least not in the traditional sense of quicksand.  That pond bottom looks very solid and I would think it would be to have grass growing out of it and since it is dry at least seasonally.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: March 22, 2009, 10:38:03 AM »

Morning guys!  I tried to find any updates on the search but haven't found anything in yesterday or today's "news".  I agree Dave and the entire family need lots of prayers right now.  I will add our wonder dog and Golba to the list as well.

Need to get some things done this a.m. - family gathering at 2.  I know you'll report any news.  Appreciate it! 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: March 22, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »

Isn't the island basically volcanic rock?  I don't believe there would be the underground streams required for quicksand but I could be wrong.  At least not in the traditional sense of quicksand.  That pond bottom looks very solid and I would think it would be to have grass growing out of it and since it is dry at least seasonally.

Red relayed to me what it was like trying to search at the Bird Sanctuary.  Red said that it was so muddy/silty that your foot would just get sucked in and when you pull your foot out your shoe could come off.  It's not actual quicksand just a rather thick muddy bottom of the pond.  Imagine wet clay maybe?
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #131 on: March 22, 2009, 10:49:33 AM »

Joran's friends are not a wholesome looking lot, Imustsay.  Rather efete or something.  Maybe some sort of arrested developement from all the alcohol and drugs?

PERSONA NON GRATA

muisje
Scared Monkey

« Reply #132 on: March 22, 2009, 10:50:58 AM »

Morning guys!  I tried to find any updates on the search but haven't found anything in yesterday or today's "news".  I agree Dave and the entire family need lots of prayers right now.  I will add our wonder dog and Golba to the list as well.

Need to get some things done this a.m. - family gathering at 2.  I know you'll report any news.  Appreciate it! 

Unfortunately, from the Netherlands also no news about the search.

Muisje
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: March 22, 2009, 11:05:12 AM »

An opinion posted at RU by Fierljepper:

Quote from: fierljepper
Now, suppose the witness did indeed see a Dutch-looking boy, covered in mud, heavily breathing and running/limping since he lost one shoe (<- still fascinated by this specific detail), however that this didn't happen at 4:05AM but around 3AM-ish and that the boy was walking South/West-ish rather than straight to the hotels. If that was the case and it was indeed Joran then:

1. if you're covered in mud and,
2. you're missing a shoe and you're limping and,
3. you have just committed a crime and,
4. you're therefore eager to get home asap to provide yourself with an computer alibi...

...then the fastest and "least likely to be seen" short cut home is the following:

but,

if that's the case, then the only burying place for Natalee is the blue striped area. Pond 1 and pond 2 appear to have been dry at the time (and only filled up a few days later by a tropical rain storm) and pond 2 was too far anyaway to carry a body towards. The blue area in the middle is perfect for burying, losing a shoe when wading through the water and getting muddy since it's on your way home, there's nobody living in that area, it's the "nearest mud" within walking/carrying distance and seems to have a strong current that easily washes traces away (by the looks of the Google Earth picture).

It also fits very nicely with the story that Joran told Patrick about "that he just dumped his shoes in one of these sewer pits on his way home". Nice alibi in case they ever would be found.

Too many if's I'm afraid, and probably plenty of other 'muddy waters' on Aruba, but any (constructive) other views?
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #134 on: March 22, 2009, 11:13:09 AM »

Good morning Monkeys!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #135 on: March 22, 2009, 11:15:36 AM »

Klaas do you know the name of the area fierljepper illustrated in blue?
can
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2009, 11:16:54 AM »

Klaas do you know the name of the area fierljepper illustrated in blue?

...sorry, Good Morning all Monkeys, and Texas Mom.
muisje
Scared Monkey

« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2009, 11:18:07 AM »

http://estiinthailand.blogspot.com/2009/03/sex-drugs-and-acoustic-guitar.html

skip to main | skip to sidebar
Esti's Blog
My Travels Through Thailand

Monday, 9 March 2009
Sex, Drugs, and Acoustic Guitar
The past couple of weeks have been mildly debaucherous... For freshness of mind reasons I'm going to report them in reverse or random order, beginning with last night- a sample of which is depicted for your viewing pleasure to the left.

As some sort of effort to integrate the various nationalities at Rangsit University's International College, the school took us on a three day trip to the beach about 3 hours Southwest of Bangkok. They rented out a nice resort and bussed all 200 of us down there, leaving us to our own devices. I unfortunately had to go to the hospital on the morning of the departure to deal with this lung ailment I've been suffering from for the past month, but I made it to Ban Phe by about 7:30, by which time every single other person was like 6 whiskey neats deep.

The party had taken the form of a free style international rap battle, (which somehow these Bhutanese guys were dominating) spread out along these gazebos on the beach and enhanced by the attendance of many of our professors. Things escalated seemingly quickly from there, and soon enough there were people in various stages of nakedness running into the ocean and tackling each other. After we were all coerced out of that potentially hazardous situation, we opted for chicken fighting in the hotel pool which only ended up being equally if not more hazardous.

The next day, those of us who made it up while the sun was still out, rented tubes and just bobbed in the ocean for hours. While this was really relaxing and fun, it also kind of simulating the effects of a washing machine which isn't optimal for the morning after. That night was more of the same, only this time there were 8-year-old fire dancers and spin-the-bottle involved. It was a really great bonding experience for the group, some of whom bonded a lot more than others- and to my knowledge only 5 people threw up and only 1 item of hotel property was destroyed. Being that I had nothing to do with any of the above, I call the entire trip a success and only wish it had lasted longer (and had better food).

This brings me to things I wish had lasted less time- namely, my friend Q's twenty first birthday which was last week. In the morning, I went to the floating markets which were really boring and annoying and sweaty. As soon as I got in the door, I had to quickly get ready and make myself presentable to meet up with Q, our friends Kirk and Joran (Van Der Sloot-- Google him), and Q's mom, who was visiting and was us out to dinner for his birthday. We went to a restaurant in the State Tower which is famous for it's Sky Bar on the 56th floor that overlooks all of Bangkok. We ate on the 54th floor and had a table right on the edge of the roof- it was totally incredible. I tried taking pictures, but none of them came out well. This was probably the classiest and nicest restaurant I've ever been to in my life. If you question its classiness hear this: They gave me an upholstered stool to put my purse on next to my chair. I mean come on.

When we were finished dinner we went back to Q's mom's hotel for more drinks (on her) and then went to this club called Bed. Aptly, instead of tables in this club, there are only beds, the entire place is filled with beds. I think it's an international gimmick and I'm pretty sure they have one in New York. I'm not sure how they compare, but this one was really nice. Apparently I have been hanging out with all of the wrong people up until now (no offense guys) because the guys I was with payed for EVERYTHING the whole night. Just to get into the club was about $40 a person, and drinks were also extremely overpriced. I just stood around and if my hand was ever empty I only had to wait about 20 seconds for someone to put a drink in it. This graciousness extended to cab fare and munchy snacks (which became increasingly important later in the night) and I managed to go the whole night without dropping a single Baht. 

around 4 we went back to Kirk and Joran's house which is about a 6 minute walk from where Q and I live (our apartments are next to each other's). I can't really get into details here, but let's just say we put all those f**ers who take 21 shots on their 21st birthdays to total f**ing shame. I got home at 11:30 that morning, and given the state I was in, I am considering skipping my own 21st birthday entirely. And I shall say no more.

I don't have much planned for the next couple of days... Ben and Ga are arriving in 6 days (but who's counting) and we'll be going to Koh Samet and then meeting up in Vietnam. I'm also skipping the rest of school until April to travel, as I think it's in my best learning interest to experience things outside the classroom. And because I can.

Lots of love and Chag Purim Sameach to everyone (especially you Jordan)
Fondlingly,
Esti
Posted by Esti's Blog at 03:31

TOUGH GUYS!!!!!!.............DISGUSTING
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #138 on: March 22, 2009, 11:22:04 AM »

An opinion posted at RU by Fierljepper:

Quote from: fierljepper
Now, suppose the witness did indeed see a Dutch-looking boy, covered in mud, heavily breathing and running/limping since he lost one shoe (<- still fascinated by this specific detail), however that this didn't happen at 4:05AM but around 3AM-ish and that the boy was walking South/West-ish rather than straight to the hotels. If that was the case and it was indeed Joran then:

1. if you're covered in mud and,
2. you're missing a shoe and you're limping and,
3. you have just committed a crime and,
4. you're therefore eager to get home asap to provide yourself with an computer alibi...

...then the fastest and "least likely to be seen" short cut home is the following:

but,

if that's the case, then the only burying place for Natalee is the blue striped area. Pond 1 and pond 2 appear to have been dry at the time (and only filled up a few days later by a tropical rain storm) and pond 2 was too far anyaway to carry a body towards. The blue area in the middle is perfect for burying, losing a shoe when wading through the water and getting muddy since it's on your way home, there's nobody living in that area, it's the "nearest mud" within walking/carrying distance and seems to have a strong current that easily washes traces away (by the looks of the Google Earth picture).

It also fits very nicely with the story that Joran told Patrick about "that he just dumped his shoes in one of these sewer pits on his way home". Nice alibi in case they ever would be found.

Too many if's I'm afraid, and probably plenty of other 'muddy waters' on Aruba, but any (constructive) other views?

Klaas, as I understand it, they are searching pond #2 from this map, correct?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: March 22, 2009, 11:25:04 AM »

Thanks, Klaas.  I guess I think if the tire is just lying there unconcealed, then remains would also do that.  I think the bottom is very solid in that particular pond but suppose shoes could stick.  Am hoping more than a shoe is found because just the shoe only says Joran lost a shoe.

Also on the map, it does make more sense.  I wonder how Joran supposedly would get Natalee's remains to either pond.  He couldn't carry her that far, I wouldn't think.  So I wonder how he would get her there according to this pond theory.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.