April 19, 2024, 08:39:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #810 3/21/09 - 3/24/09  (Read 182732 times)
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2009, 11:27:41 PM »

Local news said that they are combing a small reservoir in North West Aruba.

Well at least that's better than combing the entire island.     Seriously, I would love nothing more than for Fred Golba to be successful in this search. 

Klaas ... is that the Monserrat pond?

I wondered that too, Janet.  I think of NW as around Arishi and the golf course.

Janet

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2009, 11:28:07 PM »

Well at least that's better than combing the entire island.     Seriously, I would love nothing more than for Fred Golba to be successful in this search. 

Janet

Yes, the photos posted are of Monserrat pond, the area of Caps witness, the same area already searched.

Klaas ... consider that pond was dry in May, 2008 ... how in the world could anything Natalee Holloway case related be there.

It just does not make sense.

Janet

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2009, 11:29:49 PM »

You are left me again.

Janet

Janet,
Now dry those tears...we always change threads on Page 50 and move to a clean cage, you know that you silly girl! 

Sniff  Sniff

I am OK now.

Janet

I will do my best to remember to offer to take your hand, and bring you with me to the next thread change. 

I want to keep her.  She makes me laugh.

Me too Janet, of course you can keep her!  I thought of you immediately when I saw her!  Couldn't wait for the opportunity to introduce you!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: March 21, 2009, 11:31:16 PM »

Janet

Yes, the photos posted are of Monserrat pond, the area of Caps witness, the same area already searched.

Klaas ... do you have a link?

Thanks

Janet

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2009, 11:31:45 PM »

Janet

Klaas ... consider that pond was dry in May, 2008 ... how in the world could anything Natalee Holloway case related be there.

Janet

Buried in the mud?  I don't know Janet.
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2009, 11:32:08 PM »

Janet

Janet

Didn't you mean to say - does not compute!!   
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2009, 11:35:10 PM »

Janet - Starting with these Glenda posted today:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=4717.msg731826#msg731826

And the old pics from before.  This is the same area:

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:22 PM »

And no where would it be fifteen feet deep according to those photos as it is flat as a pancake.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2009, 11:36:45 PM »

Fred Golba and Amo, Search-and-Rescuers

"I don't want to scare you," Fred Golba says, "but I've always been into the dead." On Sept. 11, Golba turned up in New York in his white Chevy Blazer, with his German shepherd Amo, his bloodhound Gus and what he calls his "resume"--some 80 pages of newspaper clippings and testimonial letters touting his expertise at finding corpses. "I'm the dead guy," he says. "All around the world, I go and find the dead." The photo albums he carries with him show the remains of hurricane victims in Nicaragua and the Dominican Republic, and bodies recovered from a mudslide in India. He does this work at nobody's behest and with nobody's sponsorship, takes no money for it, makes his living at odd jobs, lives sometimes with his aunt and sometimes with his girlfriend in Chicopee, Mass. At 42 he's an all-American misfit: a muscular white guy with a black do-rag, a faded yin-yang tattoo on the back of his right hand, a cross tattooed on his middle finger. His gear includes a cutting torch, a butane lighter (when the flame bends, he can place his dogs downwind) and a hunting knife. "If this buck knife could talk," Golba says, then just shakes his head.

It's hard to tell what it would be like to meet Golba when he's had some sleep; by his account, he worked without even a nap for his first 86 hours on the site. ("I couldn't stop. I felt I needed to keep going to try and find life.") But after the Trade Center disaster that knife couldn't have gotten a word in edgewise; even his own yawns didn't interrupt Golba's compulsive stream of narrative, autobiography, technical instruction--and indelibly horrific images. "I call it Hell One and Hell Two," he says, referring to the sites where the Twin Towers used to stand. "If you've ever looked in the Bible and seen Saint Michael fighting demons, he's got a staff and he's looking down into hell and you see bodies--it was just like that. Jagged glass, girders, the holes go down for stories and you look in and here's all these pieces of people. There was a woman in there, her hair was swinging in the wind, her face was intact but her skull was gone. She was probably a beautiful girl at one time. And then I found a foot nearby with toenail polish on it, but it wasn't hers. And that's what I mean by hell."

Golba, the son of a police officer and a nurse, came of age fearing he'd be sent to Vietnam. "But I never was, and I felt kind of guilty that I never fought for my country, so maybe that's why I do search-and-rescue for free." He spent years partying, fathered two daughters--he's now a grandfather--became a biker, a bear hunter and a part-time fireman. Yet his Roman Catholic upbringing has stuck with him. "I don't forget God," he says. "When you're doing this work, you got to talk to somebody." About eight years ago Golba was working as a security guard, watching car lots at night, and adopted Amo to help him out; he soon discovered that the dog was gentle to a fault but had a world-class nose. He joined a search-and-rescue group, began studying forensics on his own and made a local reputation by finding the skeletal remains of a Massachusetts man who'd been missing for six months; it took him and Amo just a few hours. Golba began offering his help to police departments in missing-persons cases, and eventually to foreign governments after natural disasters. "I contact the embassies," he says, "take my best cases and fax them, and they vouch for me with airlines. Sometimes the airlines pay, sometimes they don't. If they don't, I don't go--I don't have a bank account. I'll not only do search-and-rescue, but I'll stay and train. The Dominicans have eight of my dogs now."

So far, Golba claims, he, Amo and Gus have found 10 complete bodies at the World Trade Center site and a dozen 10-pound bags of body parts. "I bet you that out of 6,000 people, about 5,000 are never going to be found because they're in pieces," he says. But the scene, he says, has been chaotic and sometimes contentious. He claims that someone brought in a female dog in heat, and her scent here and there caused "false hits" by male search dogs, whose handlers thought they were sniffing out bodies. And he maintains that FEMA threatened to yank his credentials because he entered an area--near bank vaults--that he didn't know was restricted.

At one point, Golba found himself in the WTC's parking garage--where many cars were intact except for windows broken by emergency workers searching in vain for people. "I shut my lights off," he recalls, "just to try to comprehend what it would be like for someone in there. Oh, my God. It was pitch black." Most of the time, though, he kept to the intolerably grim tasks he's taken it on himself to perform. "I'm not heartless," he says. "But there's a job to do. I can deal with my emotions later."

http://www.newsweek.com/id/76091/page/8

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2009, 11:37:23 PM »

Good Evening Monkey's....Had to take the time to go to the gym and de-stress after reading some of tha crap!NO..Not all posters,and or forums are for justice for Natalee Holloway..JMOO

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: March 21, 2009, 11:38:03 PM »

Janet

Janet

Mytime ... it is CapslockWizard/Anonimo who "does not compute."

Tamikosmom:  "Logic does not dictate."

Janet

_____

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: March 21, 2009, 11:41:10 PM »

Good Night KTF!     

In God We Trust!
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: March 21, 2009, 11:41:15 PM »

Janet

But is that considered Northwest Aruba??   not to me...?

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
mytime
Monkey All Star

« Reply #53 on: March 21, 2009, 11:41:40 PM »

Janet

Janet

Mytime ... it is CapslockWizard/Anonimo who "does not compute."

Tamikosmom:  "Logic does not dictate."

Janet

ahh!!  Thank you for the clarification Janet!!   

I am off to the musings for a few laughs before I get ready for bed!!  Good Night Monkey friends!!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: March 21, 2009, 11:42:13 PM »

Good Night KTF!     

You OK HotPing! I'm just getting back on!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
AZSunny
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: March 21, 2009, 11:42:35 PM »

sorry,  will try again.

Is that considered Northwest Aruba????  I think of North as more towards the light house, this is move north central....I think. 

~~We cannot direct the wind but we can adjust the sails ~~
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: March 21, 2009, 11:44:35 PM »

Hi Hotping.

Did you have a good day with your precious grandsons?

My daughter and two eldest grandson flew to Montreal today for a Karate competition.  They will be gone for a week and I miss them already.

The three of them will be staying at the home of eldest son's French Canadian inlaws.  The boys will probably come home speaking French just like their 2 1/2 year old cousin.

Janet

_____

hotping
Monkey Junky

« Reply #57 on: March 21, 2009, 11:45:59 PM »

Good Night KTF!     

No I guess I'm not KTF...I misread and thought you said Good Night....... I'll try again....Good Evening KTF! 

In God We Trust!
Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: March 21, 2009, 11:46:33 PM »

Good Night KTF!     

No I guess I'm not KTF...I misread and thought you said Good Night....... I'll try again....Good Evening KTF! 

Good Evening HotPing..

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: March 21, 2009, 11:47:44 PM »

Good Night Monkeys ~ I pray that this is the time that the stars are aligned, and that Aruba
is finally able to let Natalee go to her family.  See you tomorrow.  Smile

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.