March 18, 2024, 09:15:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ~ Plastic Colorful Easter Eggs~  (Read 2397 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« on: March 20, 2009, 10:04:36 PM »

We are Familiar with These Bright Colorful Plastic Easter Eggs

# Assorted colors. Colors may vary from picture.
# Made of plastic.
# 1¼″ tall bottom, and 1½″ tall top.

We purchase them for Easter Egg hunts, We purchase them for Easter Baskets, and or for Candy holders ... M&M's ..jelly beans etc.

What triggered me to write this is watching NG tonight. Her showing the photo's of her babies playing outdoors with these eggs. Every time I see these eggs I practically get hives. My Daughter was 15 mos old and almost died because of one of these Pretty plastic
eggs. She is 18 yrs old now and still when I see these Eggs .. my body shakes even 17 yrs later.  I wrote to Ms. Nancy tonight and told her in a Nut Shell Throw them away. They are not worth the damage that they can possibly cause.

My Daughter who was 15 mos old was playing with her cousin who was 3 yrs old. They were playing in the enclosed porch * which was deemed the Toy Room at Grandmas. It was the first weekend after Easter.  Some of the left over plastic eggs found there way into the toy box.   
My Daughter had either found the butt end * round end 1/2 of an egg or pulled an egg apart. Toddlers put everything in the mouth. My Daughter had few teeth and she was going through a heavy drooling stage at the time.
She put the closed end of egg ( the rounded butt end not the cone end) butt end first into her Mouth. Her slobbery mouth just sucked that egg in and her Gums locked around the plastic egg inside her mouth. 

My Niece came up to me, I was feet away in the living room and she grabbed me and took me to my Daughter.

My Daughter was turning Blue. She could not swallow. She could not Breathe and She was making NO Sounds at all but tears were streaming down her face. And she was sitting on the floor with her Arms reaching for me. I had no clue what was inside her Mouth. I stuck my finger inside her mouth " My Finger was inside the EGG". I realized that I did not have many choices within seconds. I grabbed her and I flipped her upside down and held her by her waist and ankles ..because she could not swallow her saliva. Because the Egg had pressure sealed her tongue down and her gag reflexes did not even work.
Oh God did I panic. My Mother's house was in a very remote area with NO 911 .. only volunteer firemen.
I ran my Daughter outside to my Father - I was hysterical I believe by this point.  My Dad served as a Corpsman in the Military and I knew he was the Only One that could help.
My Dad took one look and He acted -
He put his fingers inside her mouth and Squeezed the Plastic Egg and It Cracked and Collapsed and he pulled it out.
I know that if My Dad was not there - My Daughter may have been permanently damaged and or even died because of that DAMN Plastic EGG.

If you have small children - Do Not buy these Eggs
Grandparents if you have children that visit - Dont buy these Eggs
If you want to fill them and give them as gifts - Don't Buy these Eggs

Buy the Size that is Large that we once knew as Legg Eggs - that Panty hose came in. Buy the Eggs that cannot Fit into a Child's Mouth - Bigger is BEST. Then you don't have to worry. We pretty much know about Candy and kids choking .. Never to think they would choke on a plastic Easter Egg.

NO PLASTIC EGGS ... It is going to my NO More Wire Hangers ..for the rest of my Life.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2009, 06:35:19 PM »

WOW!!  Thanks for posting this Deenie!  We have used plastic eggs for so long given the ability to house cash prizes and other delicious unwrapped treats.....not this year!
My siblings range in the ages of 5-21 y/o and my neices are 2-12.  I did not even think of the harm they could cause...and with the latest additions to be here for next Easter, I think its time to start a new tradition.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.