April 19, 2024, 12:59:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: MONKEY MUSINGS DAILY OPEN DISCUSSION #29 3/21/09 - 3/24/09  (Read 106236 times)
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #840 on: March 23, 2009, 09:36:21 PM »

I hope JSM is typing a post too....I have something to share.  A few months ago I was in a TJMaxx store after work..about 5:30PM and noticed a normal looking guy seemed to always be in the same aisle that I was.  I thought he was just waiting for someone in the fitting room or something, but my hinky meter went off after the 3rd time I looked up and he was in my aisle...anyway...when I was in the back of the store, he started asking me about my shoes!  I was wearing really nice camel colored high heels and he was asking where I got them, who made them, and could he see the inside of my shoe!  My hinky meter went wild..then I thought, maybe he was security.  I made my way to the front of the store to pay for my purchase and he came up front and walked outside.  I asked the cashier if he was security and she said, no.  I told her what happened, and she said they had problems with men in the store before.  Now I was really "on high alert" and before I walked out, I scoped the parking lot and saw people walking in, so I started to walk out...when I got half way through the door, I looked to my left, and there he was..with his back up against the building so that I wouldn't see him!  I never turned around so fast in my life...I went flying back into the store and told the cashier to call security or get a manager.  Of course he was gone by the time someone came to help me.  That night I looked up the sex offenders in my area......and there he was!
Numbers, the last time I looked there were no sex offenders in my neighborhood. I will check again. Thanks for your help

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #841 on: March 23, 2009, 09:36:33 PM »

I hope JSM is typing a post too....I have something to share.  A few months ago I was in a TJMaxx store after work..about 5:30PM and noticed a normal looking guy seemed to always be in the same aisle that I was.  I thought he was just waiting for someone in the fitting room or something, but my hinky meter went off after the 3rd time I looked up and he was in my aisle...anyway...when I was in the back of the store, he started asking me about my shoes!  I was wearing really nice camel colored high heels and he was asking where I got them, who made them, and could he see the inside of my shoe!  My hinky meter went wild..then I thought, maybe he was security.  I made my way to the front of the store to pay for my purchase and he came up front and walked outside.  I asked the cashier if he was security and she said, no.  I told her what happened, and she said they had problems with men in the store before.  Now I was really "on high alert" and before I walked out, I scoped the parking lot and saw people walking in, so I started to walk out...when I got half way through the door, I looked to my left, and there he was..with his back up against the building so that I wouldn't see him!  I never turned around so fast in my life...I went flying back into the store and told the cashier to call security or get a manager.  Of course he was gone by the time someone came to help me.  That night I looked up the sex offenders in my area......and there he was!

OMG...that is so scarey. I have a story too. I might have told this somewhere on SM already.    But, a guy kept being on my daughters and my aisle in the grocery. Another man comes up and says....that man is taking pics under your daughters dress. Well, cops came and they got his camera from him and developed the film...he was taking her feet! Foot fetish.

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #842 on: March 23, 2009, 09:36:53 PM »

Ok monkeys. sorry I was on the phone with my brother.

There is someone that moved into my apartments. I don't know him personally, but every time I walk Josef he tries to make friends with Joe. He has brought treats for Joe, plays with him etc. Josef isn't a nice dog. I talked to him on Sunday and Joe walked with us around the complex, but then the guy started to get in my space. Joe would have nothing to do with that. Joe started circling the wagons around the guy.

So today, I walk by the guys apartment, I saw out of the corner of my eye he was looking out his door. I knew he was about to come outside, poof he appears. Wanting to walk with me and Joe. We don't walk late at night. Then he asked me if his TV was too loud coming from his apartment. Maybe I am becoming a freak because of this case, but he could be a truly nice man. But my hinky meter is up. I feel very guilty because he could be truly a nice man. Should I trust the goose bumps I get from him? It's not like he is just out walking, he pops up no matter what time of day I am with Joe outside. Thanks for letting me vent and any help would be great. My problem is I talk to anyone, but when someone tries to make friends with my dog, it kinda frightens me. TIA JSM

JSM..trust your hinky meter..NO GUILT...  If his is just a "nice guy" he will understand why you are cautious.  Check up on him as much as you can.  Get his license number.  Check the registered sex offenders in your area.  Please be very careful and mindful that it's OK to "not be nice".  Trust your gut.  Can you mention this to your building manager?  Your safety is the most important thing.  Ok....after all that...maybe he's just kind of awkward..thinks you are very cute, and thinks the way to get to know you is through Josef. 
Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #843 on: March 23, 2009, 09:37:53 PM »

JSM, the man sounds too solicitous. Is there any way you can not walk past his apartment? and then see if he shows up?

*Avatar courtesy of CBB, a very talented and sweet monkey. Peaches and 2NJ, may you rest in peace. You will never be forgotten.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #844 on: March 23, 2009, 09:39:25 PM »

Oh and then the time many years ago we lived in an apartment, next door was a woman who lived with her goofy 14 year old son. I was taking a bath, and all of a sudden he was talking to me, and of course he wasn't in the bathroom with me. He was talking through the bathroom wall, I guess he must have drilled a small hole and it sounded like he was talking to me through the faucet. Needless to say I freaked and ran out of the tub. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #845 on: March 23, 2009, 09:40:52 PM »

OMG...that is so scarey. I have a story too. I might have told this somewhere on SM already.    But, a guy kept being on my daughters and my aisle in the grocery. Another man comes up and says....that man is taking pics under your daughters dress. Well, cops came and they got his camera from him and developed the film...he was taking her feet! Foot fetish.
Wow, there sure are a lot of creeps out there.
BluesyGram
Monkey Junky

« Reply #846 on: March 23, 2009, 09:41:05 PM »

OMG.....Wow...good thing you followed your feelings.  Did you call the store and tell them?  I don't know if I would call LE because he may find out who you are or something.  Scary.

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #847 on: March 23, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »

Does the guy have a dog? Bringing treats for your dog kind of sounds hinky to me.
No shell bell, no dogs that I know of, he had a fish that died and he said it got stuck in the "castle" in the fish tank. So he dropped the castle in the fire ant bed. Joe was smelling it, and the guy picked up the castle out came the fish. Then he started talking to me and Joe turned around and ate the fish. I told him the day before that Joe can sniff out bones a mile away and eat them. Just seemed so crazy for him to drop out a fish castle in a fire ant pile. Then he picked it up, the dried up fish fell out and my Joe started to eat it. I AM GOING CRAZY.

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #848 on: March 23, 2009, 09:42:29 PM »

Does the guy have a dog? Bringing treats for your dog kind of sounds hinky to me.
No shell bell, no dogs that I know of, he had a fish that died and he said it got stuck in the "castle" in the fish tank. So he dropped the castle in the fire ant bed. Joe was smelling it, and the guy picked up the castle out came the fish. Then he started talking to me and Joe turned around and ate the fish. I told him the day before that Joe can sniff out bones a mile away and eat them. Just seemed so crazy for him to drop out a fish castle in a fire ant pile. Then he picked it up, the dried up fish fell out and my Joe started to eat it. I AM GOING CRAZY.
Okay, now that is really creepy, did he just move in by you?
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #849 on: March 23, 2009, 09:44:18 PM »

Oh and then the time many years ago we lived in an apartment, next door was a woman who lived with her goofy 14 year old son. I was taking a bath, and all of a sudden he was talking to me, and of course he wasn't in the bathroom with me. He was talking through the bathroom wall, I guess he must have drilled a small hole and it sounded like he was talking to me through the faucet. Needless to say I freaked and ran out of the tub. 

Wholly crap No Rose!  I would have had a heart attack right there in the tub!

Shell......I'll bet you wanted to throttle that freak.  How brazen to do that with you right next to your daughter.

What in the heck is wrong with people?   
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #850 on: March 23, 2009, 09:46:18 PM »

Ok monkeys. sorry I was on the phone with my brother.

There is someone that moved into my apartments. I don't know him personally, but every time I walk Josef he tries to make friends with Joe. He has brought treats for Joe, plays with him etc. Josef isn't a nice dog. I talked to him on Sunday and Joe walked with us around the complex, but then the guy started to get in my space. Joe would have nothing to do with that. Joe started circling the wagons around the guy.

So today, I walk by the guys apartment, I saw out of the corner of my eye he was looking out his door. I knew he was about to come outside, poof he appears. Wanting to walk with me and Joe. We don't walk late at night. Then he asked me if his TV was too loud coming from his apartment. Maybe I am becoming a freak because of this case, but he could be a truly nice man. But my hinky meter is up. I feel very guilty because he could be truly a nice man. Should I trust the goose bumps I get from him? It's not like he is just out walking, he pops up no matter what time of day I am with Joe outside. Thanks for letting me vent and any help would be great. My problem is I talk to anyone, but when someone tries to make friends with my dog, it kinda frightens me. TIA JSM

JSM..trust your hinky meter..NO GUILT...  If his is just a "nice guy" he will understand why you are cautious.  Check up on him as much as you can.  Get his license number.  Check the registered sex offenders in your area.  Please be very careful and mindful that it's OK to "not be nice".  Trust your gut.  Can you mention this to your building manager?  Your safety is the most important thing.  Ok....after all that...maybe he's just kind of awkward..thinks you are very cute, and thinks the way to get to know you is through Josef. 
The thing that really got me yesterday he told me how wonderful I looked. I was wearing my skating warm ups. He asked where I had been I told him at the rink, he said well you look like you just got back from church. Scary thing is, I actually wore my warm up suit to mass because I couldn't come back home a change. That is what really got me freaked out. How did he know I wore my warm ups to church. Not that I dress so casually but that got too me.

zoeandme
Scared Monkey

« Reply #851 on: March 23, 2009, 09:47:29 PM »

Wow!  That is creepy!  I was wondering the same thing....can you not go by his door when you go out to walk Josef?  I used to be an apt. community manager and occasionally we would have a single female come in with concerns about a neighbor.  We had a courtesy officer living on site and we had him come in and meet with one of the girls b/c she was really freaked out.  So he kept an eye on the guy, and got some info on him from us (we couldn't give out the info on another resident to her b/c of company policy and all).  But is there someone like that at your community?
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #852 on: March 23, 2009, 09:48:29 PM »

JSM, God gave you a Hinky Meter for a reason, to protect you.  Please please listen to it. If you were interested in this guy, it would be differnent, If you needed a friend,(you dont, you have us) it would be different.  Dont show any interest in him all to the point of being almost rude.  If he comes out when you are walking, say excuse me,I am waiting for someone. Go home!!!!  If that does not work, report him!!!!

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #853 on: March 23, 2009, 09:49:15 PM »

JSM...that's sending my hinky meter off too!  Have you talked with him about going to church every week?  Would he have any reason to know that? 
theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #854 on: March 23, 2009, 09:49:28 PM »

No you are not crazy - you are correct. I always trust my hinky meter (or BS sniffer as I call it)!  I remember when I first started carrying my gun, I was at a gas station with just my little one with me. This guy was sniffing around and looking off to me. I went in paid for my gas and when I came out he was standing by my car. When I started pumping gas he wanted to know strange things like where my purse was and where my hubby was. I suggested nicely that he leave me alone, when he failed to do so I showed him that I did not have my purse but Smith and Wesson were here. He wanted to know if I was a cop and if it was loaded. I told him no to the cop but yes to the loaded. Never saw a guy run away so quickly in my life.

Long and short of it is - if it does not feel right, odds are it is not right.

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #855 on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:42 PM »

Something else guys,  the other day Katie,Katie to you said something about having a tumor.  She normally wouldnt kid about a thing like that.  Then I havenet since her post since.  I dont have her email anymore.  Does anyone else know how to check on her???  She is a dear person.

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #856 on: March 23, 2009, 09:51:45 PM »

JSM, the man sounds too solicitous. Is there any way you can not walk past his apartment? and then see if he shows up?
Yes Shell, Just found out where he lives today. I called my brother and he told me definitely dont walk Joe at 4 am anymore. I will for now on walk Joe the other way and see what happens. The sad thing is, he may be a nice guy, but I don't like the fact that someone just pops up when I am walking my dog. I guess cause I am a very private person especially when it comes to men I don't know. I still trust my dog's trainer that said no one will ever get between Joe and me. So that makes me feel a lot better. I just got freaked out tonight. Sorry for being a freaky deaky monkey!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #857 on: March 23, 2009, 09:52:09 PM »

JSM ~  That is sounding scarey!!  Him talking about what you are wearing.    And where you've been.     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #858 on: March 23, 2009, 09:52:44 PM »

Yes three buildings down

Shell
Monkey Junky

« Reply #859 on: March 23, 2009, 09:53:30 PM »

Wholly crap No Rose!  I would have had a heart attack right there in the tub!

Shell......I'll bet you wanted to throttle that freak.  How brazen to do that with you right next to your daughter.

What in the heck is wrong with people?   

Cops said they could not find a law written against a guy taking photos of my daughters feet that he would later probably get off to. He was using an instant camera he had picked up in the store and had not paid for it yet. Since he had not  left the store, they could not get him for theft of that camera. His little boy was with him.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.