April 20, 2024, 12:39:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Haleigh Marie Cummings #9 3/23/09 - 3/29/09  (Read 306976 times)
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1040 on: March 27, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »

I have written permission to distribute this press release to contacts, clients and local media. I am releasing as written. No link available at this time.

Although it is written concerning the Caylee Anthony Case, many of the same names are appearing in the Haleigh Cummings case.

Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 26, 2009

Florida Association of Private Investigators Deplores Reports of Unlicensed Activity

Florida Association of Private Investigators Speaks Out

In light of the publicized deposition of John Hoover by Attorney John Morgan regarding Hoover and Dominic Casey’s involvement in the investigation of the Caylee Anthony case, several of your board members assembled the enclosed press release. I know, I know, a press release should only consist of two maybe three paragraphs, but with all the contributions we narrowed it down to the content enclosed. Your board members have been diligent in pointing out that FAPI represents the licensed private investigators in Florida under 493 and we responded to the negative publicity surrounding our industry attempting to show that the members of FAPI are law abiding professionals who will not condone the use of the unlicensed.

Florida Licensing Statutes are clear; The Private Investigators who involved themselves in the Anthony case appear to have acted in violation of the regulatory provisions governing the investigative profession as set forth in FSS 493. Public should be aware of Licensing Statutes

Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 26, 2009: While refraining from speculation regarding the Caylee Anthony murder case, the Florida Association of Private Investigators, Inc. (FAPI) is speaking out about the activities of the private investigators allegedly working for the Anthony family and their defense attorney having possibly violated of Florida statutes.
FAPI, which represents about 400 Private Investigators in Florida and across the U.S., reacted strongly to news reports today about and the publication of a deposition involving one the PIs working the Anthony case.

Mark Feegel, who is Co-president of FAPI and a licensed Private Investigator since 1993, along with Chuck Chambers, said, “This is exactly the type of activity FAPI tries to prevent,” says Mark Feegel, “with peer group education, annual seminars and familiarity with licensing statutes”.

Feegel is referring to Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Chapter 493, which governs and licenses private investigators in Florida. “The chapter clearly states that someone possessing a Class C Private Investigators License – as did James D. Hoover, the subject of the deposition on March 25th, must be employed by a licensed Class A Private Investigation Agency. It is clear from the deposition that Hoover, with only a Class C, was sub-contracting his services to several Class A Licensees, namely D&A Investigations, owned by Dominic Casey, and Class Action Detective Agency, owned by Alan Buchanan”.

In Hoover’s deposition, he testified that he performed investigative work for both agencies and unless D&A was subcontracting work to Class Action, or unless Hoover was an employee (not subcontractor) of Class Action and subsequently D&A, Hoover and both agencies allegedly violated the law.

“The 493 Chapter is very clear on this point,” says Chambers, who has been licensed as private investigator since 1982, “Class C licensees may not engage in investigative services except through a licensed Class A agency. Moreover, Class C licensees are prohibited from subcontracting, which, according to the sworn testimony of Hoover, is what he has been doing for years”.

Chambers explained, “Florida Statutes dictates that Class A agencies may sub-contract work to another Class A agency for assistance, but Class C Private investigators are statutorily prohibited from doing so on their own”.
Chambers said fully licensed and legally operating PIs in FAPI “are always running across unlicensed activity, including those who possess neither a Class C nor a Class A license and there is little we can do but report it to the Division of Licensing.”

Apparently even if caught, there isn’t much of penalty for not being licensed and the type of activity testified to in Hoover’s deposition could only result in one or more of the following actions from the Division of Licensing, “Issue a reprimand; deny an application for issuance of a license; impose an administrative fine not to exceed $1000; or, place the licensee on probation”.

“Given the training and experience required to get a license in Florida”, said Roger Gibson, a retired U.S. Marshal and private investigator in Miami since 1977, “and given the potential harm to the constituents in Florida, there should be a significant fine and it should also be a serious criminal offense to blatantly act as a PI without proper licensing.“

Feegel and Chambers concede it is a serious problem but said FAPI is working with a few State Representatives and Senators to try to get changes made to the licensing statute. Until then, it is a shame to have this type of embarrassing activity on a high-profile tragedy such as the Caylee Anthony case. There are many experienced, qualified, licensed and insured PIs available via the FAPI website where the public can search for a local and properly licensed PI. Many have extensive working knowledge of criminal investigations, missing children and abuse cases as well as corporate and financial fraud investigations. It is also imperative the public know the Florida Division of Licensing provides individual and agency licensing information available on their web site.

A business or individual who ends up hiring a private investigator who is not properly licensed may find themselves in a predicament if the investigation leads to a court action. “The credibility of the private investigator and, indeed, the actual investigation he conducted, may be called into question,” said Feegel, “leading to disastrous results for the client”.

Harvey E. Morse, the founder of FAPI, a licensee since 1975 and former Chair of the State’s Advisory Council agrees. He said, “We work hard to maintain our integrity and investigative skills. The statutory language is clear. Violating the statute subjects the client to having testimony by an improperly licensed PI simply thrown out. People, who circumvent the law for personal gain, do so at their own risk. Our State Association polices the industry by reporting unlawful activity, and we are proud that our members’ license status is verified before accepting them into our organization”.
Neither of the Anthony PIs are members of FAPI.

Source Files and Contacts for further background.

Florida Statutes, Chapter 493
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...493/PART01.HTM

Hammond Opinion Letter, 1982
http://myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Op...2565850068EF97

FAPI Website
http://www.myfapi.org

Hoover Depo Draft
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...Deposition.pdf

Does seem that a certain pi who has now involved himself in two child disappearance cases, has lots of questions to be answered.. We will wait to see if the bomb drops and how big the explosion might be.  You were a busy lady this morning GramaMonkey.  Good - Naw.. Great Job.. Gold Stars, and 

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1041 on: March 27, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »

Ok on the earlier report it says behind the trailer and in the video and new report it says near TN's house?

By Tuesday night, he counted 107 tips he’d either chased down and dismissed or was still actively working. And as he was refueling at a local convenience store, a weeping Teresa Neves, Ronald’s mother, pulled up in her red pick-up and pleaded with him to search a swampy area leading to the lake behind his trailer, and off they went to tromp in the woods. Neves said she’d spent four hours looking around, and became unnerved when she spied what looked like an underground pen that appeared to be a “tiny jail.”

After an hour following Haleigh’s grandmother through forest thick with palmettos, cotton mouth snakes, brown recluse spiders and black mud that made a sucking sound when Mrs. Neves made a wrong step in her sandals and white jeans, we became separated and found her down a long dirt road. She said she’d spied a long cotton mouth snake and made a run for it.

We emerged at the house of an ex-Marine who said we were lucky he’d unloaded his gun. He didn’t like strangers in his backyard, and asked if we’d seen the no tresspassing signs. He said law enforcement had searched his home and others in the area several times, and sent divers into the murky lake behind him that’s thick with alligators.

As for the underground “jail” Neves described, he said they were hog pens, and totally innocent. “I’m just here to find Haleigh,” Cobra explained, “so we got to check out any credible lead.”

http://www.artharris.com/2009/03/17/i-dont-need-a-lawyer-lawyers-are-for-guilty-people-misty-cummings-exclusive/

Note date of article is 03/16/2009 so video is posted 10 days later?  hmmm what's the deal with this?

This article says nothing about TN running off and says "white jeans & sandals"  I'm very confused by all the bs being given by Cobra and Art. 
Geez, do people automatically lose their ability to get their stories straight the second they step into Satsuma?  That's a bit of a different story than the one that was shown on the video. 
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1042 on: March 27, 2009, 02:41:44 PM »

My eyes aren't great, but TN's shoes don't look like flip-flops to me.  Looks like rubber sole, cloth top to me.  The video isn't very clear to me.

Good screen capture there, Sieko!

I didn't think they were flip-flops either, but did not get a good capture of the shoes like you did.

Thanks for posting this.

Btw ... the haleighbug website has been updated. There are just five comments there now, and they are all positive ones. And it does not scroll the latest comment at the top anymore. Much better.

http://haleighbug.com/

If you look real close, you can see her toes sticking out the ends. These look like those toeless, backless sandals to me, with thick soles. But I can definitely see toes.
I don't know about anyone else, but anytime I walk close to the woods, I'm NOT gonna be wearing sandals. Boots are good! I am deathly afraid of snakes, any kind. Don't know about FL, but here we have rattlesnakes, cottonmouth water moccasins, and copperheads. Plus all kinds of harmless snakes, that I STILL try to avoid, I hate them all!

Here's I blew it up a bit:

I don't think those are flip-flops or sandals, myself.

But that is probably neither here nor there.

A snake would upset me, but I don't think I'd up and leave the others when I asked them to come out with me to search a particular area.

TN does not look like someone who could be spooked that badly, IMO.

Thank you all...

I watched the video and if you watch close,you can see when and where she breaks away from them and to me, she did not look spooked at all, looked like she ditched them... being I have traipsed through woods and left people behind as a joke, and also been spooked by a snake, I really think she just ditched them...     these people are making me angry.. FTLOG when are these people going to start thinking of someone other then themselves, like maybe Haleigh?? Can they not just think about HER for a change? I mean ALL of them, both sides...They need to ALL stop playing these games and think about Haleigh...
I guess I am just grumpy....

Searching ~  It's OK to get a bit grumpy sometimes, we all do. Everyone on here gets ticked off for the same reasons that you posted.  Their lack of ATTENTION TO HALEIGH.

BUT...we MUST NOT GIVE UP.  We must continue to keep diggin in that dirt...and bring these people down a peg or two or three.

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, SEARCHING!!!  We are counting on your input!!!!!

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1043 on: March 27, 2009, 02:43:01 PM »

Art & Cobra are just adding more confusion imo unless they get to the point w/this crap which I hope is soon.  I have to look at who hired/brought them and who they have a relationship with on this one also and it appears biased to me.   
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1044 on: March 27, 2009, 02:45:11 PM »

My eyes aren't great, but TN's shoes don't look like flip-flops to me.  Looks like rubber sole, cloth top to me.  The video isn't very clear to me.

I didn't think they were flip-flops either, but did not get a good capture of the shoes like you did.

Thanks for posting this.

Btw ... the haleighbug website has been updated. There are just five comments there now, and they are all positive ones. And it does not scroll the latest comment at the top anymore. Much better.

If you look real close, you can see her toes sticking out the ends. These look like those toeless, backless sandals to me, with thick soles. But I can definitely see toes.
I don't know about anyone else, but anytime I walk close to the woods, I'm NOT gonna be wearing sandals. Boots are good! I am deathly afraid of snakes, any kind. Don't know about FL, but here we have rattlesnakes, cottonmouth water moccasins, and copperheads. Plus all kinds of harmless snakes, that I STILL try to avoid, I hate them all!

A snake would upset me, but I don't think I'd up and leave the others when I asked them to come out with me to search a particular area.

The footwear she has looks to me that they are...CROCS.   

We have them in Canada and I am sure they are in the US as well.  But if not, they are open at the back, thicker sole and the front is all closed in.  The material is almost like a rubber, but not, meaning they are not mesh.  These can be worn in the water as well.

Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1045 on: March 27, 2009, 02:45:39 PM »

Like usual I try to help, and can't link right  Anyway it is a James Dean Cummings booking date 3-27-09

LOL, poor No rose!

http://public.pcso.us/jail/bookingDetails.aspx?SYSID=753122&IMG=58228

I don't find any James Dean Cummings in my who's who list.

I did find a James Dean Crosslin (2 s's in the last name) .. who is a SO. But I don't think he is related either.

There are some criminal court dockets for him.
http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/ext_app_sec/public_menu.php
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1046 on: March 27, 2009, 02:45:46 PM »

Like usual I try to help, and can't link right  Anyway it is a James Dean Cummings booking date 3-27-09

LOL, poor No rose!

I did find a James Dean Crosslin (2 s's in the last name) .. who is a SO. But I don't think he is related either.

I wonder if this could be the "uncle" of Ron that Misty is rumored to have been messin with also?  I can't believe this guy is younger than me....ugh!
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1047 on: March 27, 2009, 02:50:16 PM »

To further my "no comment" I guess it's ok for ws to steal a full post from OS painter here at sm and post it on their site But they must be the exception to the rule?   

Sounds like the pot callin the kettle black ws.   

lol, "to further my no comment" I love that..

How they doin on the background checks of all their admin and mods? Maybe that post is missing.
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1048 on: March 27, 2009, 02:50:39 PM »

LOL, poor No rose!

I wonder if this could be the "uncle" of Ron that Misty is rumored to have been messin with also?  I can't believe this guy is younger than me....ugh!

so he was arrested today and put in jail for driving on a suspended license?  Am I reading that right?  They jail people for driving on suspended licenses?
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1049 on: March 27, 2009, 02:50:44 PM »

Thanks for posting this.

We have them in Canada and I am sure they are in the US as well.  But if not, they are open at the back, thicker sole and the front is all closed in.  The material is almost like a rubber, but not, meaning they are not mesh.  These can be worn in the water as well.
Crocs have holes in them.  I wonder if I'm the only one in Ontario who doesn't own a pair of these, lol.  They are fugly, but apparently very comfy.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1050 on: March 27, 2009, 02:51:15 PM »

Darn, I meant to clip that last post...sorry.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1051 on: March 27, 2009, 02:52:24 PM »

LOL, poor No rose!

Ahhh, I had forgotten about the Uncle story.  This guy looks like he could be Ron + 100lbs.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1052 on: March 27, 2009, 02:53:25 PM »

LOL, poor No rose!

There are some criminal court dockets for him.
http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/ext_app_sec/public_menu.php

O boy. How does one get a non moving violation for driving with a suspended license. Keep an eye on this one.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1053 on: March 27, 2009, 02:54:40 PM »

LOL, poor No rose!

Er- NO

so he was arrested today and put in jail for driving on a suspended license?  Am I reading that right?  They jail people for driving on suspended licenses?
fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1054 on: March 27, 2009, 02:58:09 PM »

maybe he had a warrant out for that fresh water fishing license he failed to pay.  Ha Ha!

How many times could I of been caught for that one...tons.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1055 on: March 27, 2009, 02:58:26 PM »

Thanks for posting this.

Crocs have holes in them.  I wonder if I'm the only one in Ontario who doesn't own a pair of these, lol.  They are fugly, but apparently very comfy.

Well, that makes two of us.  Everyone I know has them and they swear how comfy they are.

Maven
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1056 on: March 27, 2009, 02:59:35 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Searching I hope you dad starts doing better you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

The non moving traffic violation w/suspended license is kinda weird, so was he just pretending to drive?

fatcatlurker
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1057 on: March 27, 2009, 03:02:06 PM »

And clearly this is not his first offense for driving w/suspended license either.  Strange water down there.  I have never been more confused and concerned by the actions of the people who are supposed to be in charge of the law than by what I am seeing in Haleigh's case.  This is all a mess and a big old pile of crap bs.  Sorry 4 ranting here.
Sieko
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1058 on: March 27, 2009, 03:02:43 PM »

Hi Monkeys!

Searching I hope you dad starts doing better you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!

The non moving traffic violation w/suspended license is kinda weird, so was he just pretending to drive?

GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1059 on: March 27, 2009, 03:04:15 PM »

Thanks GramaMonkey, I see you are not following the new rules, bad monkey 

Speaking to MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

Rumor has it!!!

There are MORE threads to look at also!!!!!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.