April 19, 2024, 02:49:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Toddler Brothers Korbin & Izak ~ Altoona PA * child abuse  (Read 13497 times)
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« on: March 22, 2009, 03:58:45 AM »

First off I want everyone that reads this to step back and gather yourself - Grab your Monkey boots and pull them up.

Before you read this through. I am beyond appalled by this and bring it to the cage because these Boys need prayers.  The older boy Korbin " 3yrs old" remains in critical condition today.
http://wearecentralpa.com/content/fulltext/news?cid=76371
Police Find Evidence in Toddler Beating Case
Reported by: Tessa Mentus

Wednesday, Mar 18, 2009 @06:28pm EST

ALTOONA, BLAIR COUNTY --- Altoona police found disturbing evidence in the investigation of an abused toddler.
Police found more than 40 bloody items in the toddler's home at
1939 West Chestnut Avenue
.  They range from sippy cups covered in blood and vomit to blood stained wooden trim in the home.
Emilee Brogden, 19, is the child's mother.  She and her boyfriend Ryan Brothers, 22, are in the Blair County Jail on charges related to the alleged beating.
Police found the three-year-old boy beaten and in severe pain this past weekend at the home.  Brogden said Brothers was watching the boy while she was at the hospital with her two year-old son.  Doctors said that child was being treated for a ruptured eardrum.  They believe that injury was caused by abuse.
One of the detectives on the case said the three-year-old is doing better at Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh.  He had emergency surgery earlier this week, and he's still in critical condition.  Police said he has life threatening injuries to his pancreas and small intestine.

He's got severe burns on his face and the rest of his body.  Doctors said there are bite marks on the boy's arms and genitals.
Police found bloody towels, children's underwear, clothing and blankets in the home.  They also discovered sippy cups and pillows covered in blood and vomit.  They also found blood stains on parts of the home's walls and drug paraphernalia.
Doctors believe both children were abused over a period of time.  Police said Blair County Child and Youth Services has custody of both children. 
<snipped> http://www.dreamindemon.com/2009/03/18/emilee-brogden-fails-as-a-mother/comment-page-2/#comment-93945

Emilee Marie Brogden was arrested and charged with endangering the welfare of a child, a felony. She was sent to Blair County Prison in lieu of $30,000 cash bond.

Ryan Christopher Brothers, 22, admitted to ‘various aspects of the abuse.’ The shxxbag is being charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child, and other offenses. His bail has been set at $250,000. A state parole detainer was filed against him, which means Ryan will remain incarcerated pending the outcome of a parole violation hearing.

Photo of MOMMY and Boyfriend

Korbin is 3 - he suffered the most
Izik is 2 - he was hospitalized with a blown ear drum & Mom says that Korbin was not feeling well after she came home from the hospital ... being with Izik.
BUT Mom didn't think it was serious. Even though Korbin has massive internal injury's and broken bones " just his face" .. burns .. and bite marks on his peepee.  Go MOM.
Photo of the Boys

This is Mommy's Myspace -  www.myspace.com/truelove4him_08 
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewProfile&friendID=441391225
This is Boy Friend POS - Myspace
http://www.myspace.com/brothers111486

I think that this Case seriously needs to be Watched. Because Something has to come of this. It is becoming Epidemic that children being born to Young, Uneducated, Victimized even .. Young Women that are allowing  MEN that are not the bio DAD to Rape, Murder, Abuse their Children - for a trade off of having a Roof over their head. And or as we all know YOUNG Women themselves are becoming Perps with their own children - abusing, killing,  "their own children" because they do not want to be Parents themselves.
Somehow I cannot find sympathy in either cases - Yet my lack there of sympathy is not going to prevent yet another Child's death or abuse.

I think WE have Enough Mokey Power to get our Heads together and Start a BILL or a Coalition or Something - that will be Public and Heard and Known. Prevention Education I don't know. Something that Works. We can all sit and comment all day long and I know it takes a tremendous amount of Energy and Heart ..for all Monkey's that do post and care about Children. BUT Somethings GOT to GIVE - Serious. 

OUR Children are Being Victimized - And their Being Victimized by their Mothers

I know we can do something. We are all a United Front. Maybe Red can Help Us Get this Going.
[/b]

My Prayers go to these Two Precious Boys - Who Deserve at least to be treated like Human beings.

K

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 02:18:39 PM »

Deenie...I am dumbstruck....really...how in hell does this happen?
Are there no grand parents or aunts/uncles, friends around any of these abused children? No one to come forward and speak on their behalf of suspected abuse? no neighbors? What have we all become, if we would let an innocent suffer so? Words fail me at the moment....

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 07:13:06 PM »

Are there no grand parents or aunts/uncles, friends around any of these abused children? No one to come forward and speak on their behalf of suspected abuse? no neighbors? What have we all become, if we would let an innocent suffer so? Words fail me at the moment....

UPDATE - Korbin is out of ICU today - He is though still though on a Kidney Machine & experiencing nightmares - prob Daymares as well.

Cookie that is yes - Words fail me as well. Somethings gotta give.
This did not have to happen. These Boys did not deserve this, no child does.
I think that this Mom got mixed up with the Wrong guy and Her entire world flipped. And her being young, uneducated and " IN LOVE" gag me .. and controlled by this freak became the demise of her Boys.  If she had an OUT or had knowledge of resources - Or even someone to talk to.. Or offered some Self perseverance skills ..she would have been strong enough to turn this guy in or out of her life.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2009, 07:23:37 PM »

UPDATE - Korbin is out of ICU today - He is though still though on a Kidney Machine & experiencing nightmares - prob Daymares as well.

I think that this Mom got mixed up with the Wrong guy and Her entire world flipped. And her being young, uneducated and " IN LOVE" gag me .. and controlled by this freak became the demise of her Boys.  If she had an OUT or had knowledge of resources - Or even someone to talk to.. Or offered some Self perseverance skills ..she would have been strong enough to turn this guy in or out of her life.

this happens so many times with women having men shack up with them and letting the live in abuse their children just to have the pleasure of him being around...I don't get that...I was young when I had my kids...I would never have let anyone put their hands on them...
How do you look your child in the face when you allow them to be abused ..,..
and again, are the grand parents not in these kids lives? I would know what went on with my grand kids..I suppose some people just don't care...
this mother and this boyfriend both need to go away for a very long long time..in general population I might add...wonder if this jerk will get a few bites on his pee pee..see if he likes it so much then...what an idiot...I am just so mad right now.....
hope this little child pulls through...and is put in a decent home with his brother....

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2009, 07:34:50 PM »

deenie....was just reading some of the comments on the link that was provided...some choice words for those 2!
hopefully these 2 will get what is coming to them...

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2009, 07:41:13 PM »

this happens so many times with women having men shack up with them and letting the live in abuse their children just to have the pleasure of him being around...I don't get that...I was young when I had my kids...I would never have let anyone put their hands on them...
How do you look your child in the face when you allow them to be abused ..,..
and again, are the grand parents not in these kids lives? I would know what went on with my grand kids..I suppose some people just don't care...
this mother and this boyfriend both need to go away for a very long long time..in general population I might add...wonder if this jerk will get a few bites on his pee pee..see if he likes it so much then...what an idiot...I am just so mad right now.....
hope this little child pulls through...and is put in a decent home with his brother....

Cookie ~ I am with you. But putting them away solves nothing. May it be that its justice in our minds that they are put away. But that does not cease the issue. Which is child abuse. Which is going to become heightened in this year alone. Our economy is working against everyone right now for the most part. And the ones who are going to suffer are the children and even pets. The innocent and the weak that depend on the Adult to take care of the kids and support them.. if you have no education and no support hmm.

Times are getting hard and its hard for even the people who are educated. But this is handwriting on the wall. Cases will become more and more just as this one -with Korbin and Izik due to lack of resources, common sense, support from the outside.
It is noted on the Mother's myspace her last login was 3/8/09 I believe - Her mood
" Lonely".  That is very telling right there. 

I am no way advocating that she had no part in this. But as I see it - IF she never had met this AXXhole - Her kids would be ok today.

A while back - a group of us were talking .. Flossie, Dolce,  Grama and others getting together and creating some change in this world that " cases" like this are not becoming status quo. I can't find the cage we were in ..but it was open discussion for a while. Was not that long ago. I think that we can do this - start something. I have to talk to Dolce because she knows. It was never dropped .. we have to get back to that and start getting serious.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2009, 08:47:20 PM »

deenie,,,,count me in to do what I can to help...

Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2009, 09:14:04 PM »

Deenie I am with you on this.  The first thing that comes to mind is that a harsher punishment needs to be put into place for people and mothers who do this to children. 
We have harsher punishments in our legal system right now for the various degree's of crimes, but a crime against children is a crime against our future....that deserves a severe punishment.  Maybe with a more severe punishment on the books it will aid in discouraging this type of behavior.
We need to make these predators aware that we as a society do not accept their actions and do not accept them any longer as an active member of the human race.  To kill a child or your own child is against the laws of nature and God.  Harsher punishments require harsher laws.  I am open for suggestions on how to get this ball rolling. 
Since the sense of conscience has become numb in many people it is only right that the government step in and fill that void with the fear of harsh punishment for these types of crimes.

Crimes Against a Child
Felony
Misdemenor

There are harsh laws on guns 10-20-Life....I say lets skip the damn 10-20 and go straight to life for those who harm a child.

Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »

Deenie I am with you on this.  The first thing that comes to mind is that a harsher punishment needs to be put into place for people and mothers who do this to children. 
We have harsher punishments in our legal system right now for the various degree's of crimes, but a crime against children is a crime against our future....that deserves a severe punishment.  Maybe with a more severe punishment on the books it will aid in discouraging this type of behavior.
We need to make these predators aware that we as a society do not accept their actions and do not accept them any longer as an active member of the human race.  To kill a child or your own child is against the laws of nature and God.  Harsher punishments require harsher laws.  I am open for suggestions on how to get this ball rolling. 
Since the sense of conscience has become numb in many people it is only right that the government step in and fill that void with the fear of harsh punishment for these types of crimes.

Crimes Against a Child
Felony
Misdemenor

There are harsh laws on guns 10-20-Life....I say lets skip the damn 10-20 and go straight to life for those who harm a child.

Dolce we CAN do this - at best make a Change .. If we can save One Kid - Its worth it.
Lets Do It.

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 08:36:38 AM »

Crimes Against a Child
Felony
Misdemenor

Dolce we CAN do this - at best make a Change .. If we can save One Kid - Its worth it.
Lets Do It.

I am with you guys....let's do what we can to make some changes...
I agree with Dolce...straight to life...

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 09:55:36 AM »

We had a poster here named KnayKnay, I have not seen her in quite a while though, but anyway she was putting together a bill to submit to congress, I believe it was going to be called th Caylee Bill.  I do not recall all that it was about or what the conditions or reasons where behind it all, but I am wondering what it would take to get a bill passed for harsher punishment on crimes that involve neglect, abuse, and death of a child.

I am going to go and look for what KnayKnay was doing, I am almost possitive she started a thread in regards to it.  Maybe there is information on how to get this going.
(Otherwise I am just going to have to go and re-watch Legally Blonde 2 a few more times!)

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 10:09:51 AM »

KnayKnay's thread was here
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=3815.0

Unfortunately it looks like she has not done anything recently with it.  I do not know the in's and out's of her patent idea, but it really has nothing to do with wanting to get a law passed for harsher punishment.

My husband noted with all the crimes he sees of children being taken and kidnapped, he proposed that we get our children chipped, like we have done with our 3 dogs.  He was saying it tongue and cheek like, but honestly its a thought!  I am not sure it is humain and/or sanitary, but something along those lines would be good for a patent idea.  (If that is what KnayKnay was working on.) 

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2009, 12:51:31 PM »

I will say prayers for these boys.  I have to say this, knowing someone is going to disagree, The young mother looks like she's a victim of abuse too.  She has marks on her face and neck that look like she's been a punching bag.  this DOES NOT mean that I accept what she did to these boys. 

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2009, 12:53:57 PM »

Hi Dolce

Your hubby has a great suggestion. I am not sure why people havent done it.  If children were microchipped too, it could help in so many ways.  I have my puppy microchipped too in hopes that if she ever goes missing, that someone will find her and bring her back to me.  .

Maine, born and raised!
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2009, 03:32:26 PM »

Count me in also.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 02:36:27 PM »

Well apparently she isn't in jail anymore....she must have made her 30K cash bail.

set to private.....
http://www.myspace.com/truelove4him_08
MiSSiN THEM LiKE CRAZY! KMR iJR <3
Female
19 years old
ALTOONA, Pennsylvania
United States
Last Login: 1/16/2010
must be their xmas photos
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 02:47:11 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 02:40:24 PM »

Looks like he's out too

http://www.myspace.com/brothers111486
**H0ME F0R G00D**
   The Truth will come out!!!!!
Male
23 years old
ROARING SPRING, Pennsylvania
United States
Last Login: 1/5/2010 
Mood: enlightened 
**H0ME F0R G00D**'s Blurbs
About me:
MY NAME iS RYAN. iM 22 YEARS 0LD. i LiVE iN R0ARiNG SPRiNGS. i HAVE A 5 YEAR 0LD S0N NAMED TH0RN. HES MY LiFE. HES ALL i NEED. I AM BEING FALSELY ACCUSED OF BEATING MY (GIRLFRIEND'S) SON WHILE SHE WAS AT THE HOSPITAL WITH HER OTHER CHILD,BUT AS MY FAMILY STATES INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY AND SHE WILL GET WHAT SHE DESERVES IN THE END!!!!!!! 

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY
 http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendId=419886638&blogId=508016382

comment by ¤*׺ж ΚдłΣ ж°×*¤ >>
how can u sit there and say u did nothing 2 korbin? he almost died? wat happen 2 him then? let me guess he fell?!?! or his brother hit him w a truck....u and emille both need 2 rot in hell...wait that not bad enuf u need wat u did to korbin done too u...i would love 2 have another ash tray...u r a monster and should have nevr been left outta jail u n emilee will get wat u both deserve KARMA IS A BITCH

Posted by ¤*׺ж ΚдłΣ ж°×*¤ on November 9, 2009 - Monday - 4:06 PM

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 02:49:20 PM »

This was from April 9th

Mom to face trial in son’s beating
Woman charged with child endangerment

The mother of a badly beaten 3-year-old boy decided Wednesday not to have a preliminary hearing and waived her charges to the Blair County Court of Common Pleas for trial.

Emilee Brogden, 19, of 1939 W. Chestnut Ave., Apt. 3, will remain in Blair County Prison for the time being in lieu of $30,000 cash bail.

Brogden, through Blair County Public Defender James DiFrancesco, requested a bail reduction so she could be released from jail pending the outcome of her trial. Magisterial District Judge Joseph Moran denied the request.

DiFrancesco can petition a county court judge to reduce the bail now that Brogden's case has been transferred.

Brogden faces one count of endangering the welfare of a child.

The man she was living with who faces more serious charges, Ryan Brothers, 22, requested a delay in his preliminary hearing Wednesday.

The hearing for Brothers, charged with aggravated assault, endangering the welfare of a child and other offenses, was moved to Wednesday.

Brothers and Brogden had been represented by the public defender, but, as is common when more than one person is accused in the same criminal offense, a "conflict counsel" is appointed by the court for one of the suspects.

Altoona attorney Doug Keating as of Wednesday had been named to represent Brothers.

The charges against the two stem from a severe beating of Brogden's 3-year-old son, who, on the night of March 13, was left in Brothers' custody while Brogden took her 2-year-old son to the hospital for an ear ailment.

When she returned to the couple's apartment March 14, she found the 3-year-old had been beaten, burned and bitten, according to police.

After Children and Youth Services intervened, the child was eventually taken by medical helicopter to Children's Hospital in Pittsburgh.

The boy has since been released from the hospital, according to his court-appointed guardian, attorney Mary Ann Probst, who said he is doing better every day. She called him "adorable."

She said he and his younger brother are together in a foster home.

Blair County Judge Tim Sullivan this week issued an order appointing Probst to provide oversight of a fund set up by Hollidaysburg resident Mike Anderson for the boys.

That fund is at the Altoona Hospital Federal Credit Union.

Probst said no money will be spent from the fund without her approval.

She said Anderson intends to have a benefit for the boys May 24.

"It is the intent of this court that any distributions from the ... account be utilized solely for the benefit and welfare of either, or both, of the [children], and to be released only by further order of court upon petition," Sullivan said.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/517909.html?nav=742&showlayout=0

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.