April 25, 2024, 09:33:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decorating with Color!!!  (Read 42358 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2009, 09:18:53 AM »

Thanks a million Monken...as soon as tax season is over, I have to get busy and get these out there.  I'm doing a more grown up version using only all natural fibers like silk and wool and better quality hardware.  Have you ever been to Etsy.com?  It's pretty cool - mainly handmade goods or vintage. 

Yes, i have! But it's been awhile. i read about it in a mag, i had never heard of it. I really thought ebay was the only place,    With Easter coming up I started thinking about the things i have made myself in the past for my girls for Easter. i used to make bunny Easter baskets. I had a good friend that taught me how to make them. i sold a ton of them at a local collector's fair. But they were time consuming & making enough to sell like that took forever! I think i still have one somewhere, I'll dig it out & take a pic. You can get everything you need to make them at Walmart or any craft store & they are adorable!! I have 2 litlle granddaughters I need to make one for now!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2009, 12:14:56 PM »

Here's some of my vintage fiestaware, the glasses are called "water glasses" and are worth 110.00 ea. I just couldn't believe that! 

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:36:24 PM by klaasend » Logged

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »

Klaas, please help, I don't know how my hubby's arm got in this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2009, 12:17:00 PM »

water glasses:

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: March 30, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »

My Frenchbull canisters, www.frenchbull.com 

Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: March 30, 2009, 12:36:50 PM »

Klaas, please help, I don't know how my hubby's arm got in this post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was very colorful! 
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #46 on: March 30, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »

The vintage stuff is really cool.  I didn't know they made water glasses.. 

I'll keep my eyes open around here for vintage Fiestaware.  There's always been a lot of it because we're so close to the factory.  It used to be really inexpensive at garage sales, etc. but now that it's so collectible, it's getting harder to find.  I think the design is timeless.  It's great to use to liven up a table no matter what your theme is.  I have several pieces of cobalt and use them at Easter with my blue and white china.  It's makes a beautiful table.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #47 on: March 30, 2009, 03:05:23 PM »

Monken, the green FW you have posted up there, the little teapot and the salt shakers, that is the color and style my Mother has and uses for Spring "Ladies Luncheons". 

I did not know that FW was so popular!   

Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #48 on: March 30, 2009, 03:06:53 PM »

I am trying to get my dad to take a picture of her collection so I can post it.  (She is down here with me for now)  He can not even get voicemail from his cell phone, so asking him to email a picture could be pushing it....(He is my adopted Dad, not my birth Dad)

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #49 on: March 30, 2009, 03:17:45 PM »

It was very colorful! 

Thank you, Klaas!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2009, 03:28:11 PM »

I am trying to get my dad to take a picture of her collection so I can post it.  (She is down here with me for now)  He can not even get voicemail from his cell phone, so asking him to email a picture could be pushing it....(He is my adopted Dad, not my birth Dad)

Sounds good!

The "medium green" color was produced between 1959 & 1969 & has some of the rarest pieces. i don't have anything that is medium green, i wish i did!
Here's a link to a price list:
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.happyheidi.com/antiques/images/frontpage/Fiesta_greens.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.happyheidi.com/antiques/fiesta_colors.html&usg=__FSxryCoKPJ8uIBi9RjhX7bdoT80=&h=201&w=268&sz=14&hl=en&start=1&sig2=gevw7RfPL9H6hYa1HLOL6w&tbnid=JPYSjdiQwGQvjM:&tbnh=85&tbnw=113&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dmedium%2Bgreen%2Bfiestaware%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den&ei=-hvRSaTuJ9_gtgfgxoHWBQ

Phaedrus
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2009, 06:49:30 PM »

I am sorry Mom is telling me she has the "Original Green".  She said she purchased it in Saint Augustine, FL.

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2009, 07:54:36 PM »

I am sorry Mom is telling me she has the "Original Green".  She said she purchased it in Saint Augustine, FL.

That's what my teapot is, it's part of a set(a family friend gifted me) that also had cobalt, yellow & red. I have alot of the pieces but over the years(around 70!) some of them were broken, too. The FW I purchased, is place settings in about 12 different colors, I'd never be able to decide on just one! 

Phaedrus
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2009, 09:12:11 AM »

My Mom is a "wedding coordinator" ..."on the side" she likes to say.     She does it mostly because its her passion, and she is amazing at it.  She loves using solid color pieces to build the decor on.  AMAZING the ideas this woman can come up with.  I enjoyed planning my wedding because of the ideas we bounced off of one another and the many we put together and tried out.  Her taste is very "Southern Comforty".
You should see some of the table spreads she does for her Spring Ladies Luncheons with this FW.  Flowers, flowers, and more flowers with butterflies.  It is literally like having lunch in the middle of fresh blooms. 
She was looking at your different color FW and picking out what she was wanting to add to her collection. 

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 09:13:19 AM »

My Mom is a "wedding coordinator" ..."on the side" she likes to say.     She does it mostly because its her passion, and she is amazing at it.  She loves using solid color pieces to build the decor on.  AMAZING the ideas this woman can come up with.  I enjoyed planning my wedding because of the ideas we bounced off of one another and the many we put together and tried out.  Her taste is very "Southern Comforty".
You should see some of the table spreads she does for her Spring Ladies Luncheons with this FW.  Flowers, flowers, and more flowers with butterflies.  It is literally like having lunch in the middle of fresh blooms. 
She was looking at your different color FW and picking out what she was wanting to add to her collection. 

Hey Dolce, that's so cool! My daughter used to be the wedding coordinator for a local florist and she was also their top designer! They sent her to school to learn the mod & contemporary designs. She knows the name of every flower there is. After 8 years she completely changed her career; she's now the activities director at a senior citizen's home & she's loves it! 

Since your mom has the original green fiesta, the ivory would look beautiful with it, esp. since she uses it for weddings. And that color would go with every flower!

Here's some avail. from JCP:

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 09:19:21 AM »

DANG, FORGOT TO RESIZE AGAIN!!!   

Phaedrus
Dolce
Monkey All Star

« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2009, 09:38:45 AM »

She uses her green FW for her Ladies Luncheons with the women from the club, not for weddings yet.  I showed her the Ivory FW and she loves it for Christmas.  LOL  Her wheels already started turning on ideas.  She said she does use solid colored plates and saucers for weddings, but that its not usually FW due to the weight of it. 
Your daughter sounds as colorful as you!  One of my close friends has the same job as her, activities director at a senior citizens home in Gainesville, FL.  She loves it too! 
I do not own any FW, but Mom is talking about getting me some now.   Now to choose a color......

perriwinkle
Monkey Junky Jr.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be?

« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2009, 04:12:04 PM »

Monken!  I love this fun style!  You are so talented!  I LOVE it!@ 

We could learn a lot from crayons...

some are sharp, some are pretty, some are dull, some have weird names, and all are different colors, but they all exist very nicely in the same box.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2009, 08:48:08 AM »

Monken!  I love this fun style!  You are so talented!  I LOVE it!@ 

Thank you, perri! 

Numbersgirl, here is the bunny basket i was telling you about, I made this one 20 years ago, i can't believe it even looks this good! Anyway , it's not difficult to make, you can get everything you need at Walmart or a craft store(wish we had a Michael's here)!

Phaedrus
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: April 10, 2009, 01:19:23 PM »

Oh, if I had grandchildren I would make them Easter baskets like that!

Post more photo, Monken!  Love them and am going to be moving to tiny apartment later.  I may use your color idea to personalize it.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.