September 24, 2017, 04:23:29 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decorating with Color!!!  (Read 25985 times)
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #80 on: July 14, 2009, 04:44:12 PM »

Oh Monken...I love your house!

Here's what I've got going, please let me know what you think.
I live in a condo - it's the great room thing - living room, dining room, kitchen

Kitchen cabinets - white
Counter - black
Floor - grey tile

Living room/dining room:
Carpet - greyish taupe (can't afford to change it now)
Couch - white with black outlined circles
Chair & Ottoman - black, white, taupe chenille tweed

Dining room chairs - black and white zebra

Drapes - oyster white

I'm planning to use fushia, robin's egg blue and apple green for pillows and maybe an area rug

I want to do lots of mirrors and bright artwork and lots of bright metals

What do you think?

I think that sounds beautiful, Numbers!  Maybe you can find an additional fabric that has those 3 colors, maybe more, in it, for pillows. You can also find those colors in metallic fabric too. I like textures also. Something i did in my neighbor's house when he moved in, (I helped him decorate), is used placemats on the wall & hung pictures over them, kinda off center. These were a heavy woven material, natural color, but you could use whatever matched. It looked great; he still has it that way!  You can also use a metallic glaze, I used copper in my bedroom, to paint stripes on a wall, some wide, some narrow. I also used a clear gloss for some stripes it's very subtle against semi-gloss paint. In my dining room I used bronze because it matched my colors, but now I'm getting ready to paint over it.
Oh yeah,  vases, books, throws etc. will also help you with color. I love using a bunch of the same kind of fruit, artificial, to fill a large glass container. I have one filled with persimmons in a room. You really have an open palette to do whatever you want. I can't wait to see what you do!!  Love ya!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #81 on: July 14, 2009, 07:01:42 PM »

I hope I'm not interupting here.

I love to redecorate my rooms - first I was a black and white girl, now I am more creams.  I thought I would share a few places I like to shop online, sometimes I get inspired just looking.   Monken, I enjoyed your pics.

www.cb2.com

www.homedecorators.com

www.chiasso.com

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #82 on: July 14, 2009, 07:45:45 PM »

I hope I'm not interupting here.

I love to redecorate my rooms - first I was a black and white girl, now I am more creams.  I thought I would share a few places I like to shop online, sometimes I get inspired just looking.   Monken, I enjoyed your pics.

www.cb2.com

www.homedecorators.com

www.chiasso.com

Thanks Jackie, I've been to all of these sites; i love them because they are modern. I bought two cabinets for my living room at home decorators outlet. They only have them in silver, so we painted them black. 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #83 on: July 14, 2009, 07:56:35 PM »

My Home is way different

My Kitchen

My Art Studio

Kitchen other side of Island

Mater Bedroom at Christmas

Living room

There's too much evil in this world
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #84 on: July 14, 2009, 08:08:05 PM »

Monken, I just love you!  You're the best.  I will post pics as the rooms evolve.

Thanks so much KCJackie...I'm going to check those out.  I've been to cb2u but not the others. Whohoo! new sites!

Blonde, you are a lady with great style.  The zebra piece just blew me away!  The copper pieces are gorgeous.  Have you been collecting over time?

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #85 on: July 15, 2009, 08:49:47 AM »

YES over 20 years on the copper collection.
 I love my Zebra desk I got that at Home goods my grandson found it and said you need this.
It's all soapstone on the top.

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #86 on: July 15, 2009, 09:04:21 AM »

Blonde, your house is beautiful!! My Mom's house out in the country reminds me of yours. It's all wood floor to ceiling, inside & out. It has porches 3/4 of the way around the outside; kinda like cracker barrel, and is 2 story. She also has a sewing machine exactly like yours. She used to make us clothes for years with it. I do love modern decor though. i would love to have my whole house modern with stuff from West Elm or the places Jackie mentioned. I just Love sixties design & the atomic starburst stuff. Your home looks so warm & cozy! And that zebra desk would look great in Numbers dining room! 

Phaedrus
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: July 15, 2009, 10:18:50 AM »

My House is longer then this picture, I just could get in all in .
 On the other side of the house, we have three more decks and hubby is building me a water fall .

KCJackie
Monkey All Star

« Reply #88 on: July 15, 2009, 11:43:13 AM »

On the other side of the house, we have three more decks and hubby is building me a water fall .

Blonde, You have a beautiful home.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #89 on: July 15, 2009, 01:04:03 PM »

Blonde, your home is beautiful.  The setting looks very peaceful.  I'm envious (but not in a Dolce kind of way)   Monkey Devil!
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: July 15, 2009, 03:45:52 PM »

When I bought this house 34 years ago it was a piece of crap and I can't tell you the amonut of my money that has gone into it. I had to re-do everything I sanded the hard woods floors I HELPED with all repairs. When my Dad was alive we did all the work together.
I even put in the firplace in the living room with a old boyfriend.
I did all the landscaping, everything I could to help save my home. Thank You

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #91 on: July 15, 2009, 06:37:38 PM »

Blonde, You have a beautiful home.

I agree with you Jackie.  Blonde, you DO have a really beautiful home. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #92 on: July 15, 2009, 08:26:52 PM »

When I bought this house 34 years ago it was a piece of crap and I can't tell you the amonut of my money that has gone into it. I had to re-do everything I sanded the hard woods floors I HELPED with all repairs. When my Dad was alive we did all the work together.
I even put in the firplace in the living room with a old boyfriend.
I did all the landscaping, everything I could to help save my home. Thank You

That's very cool Blonde.  I love learning how to do repairs for myself.  I think it's satisfying and empowering.  My Dad was a plumber and he knew how to do just about everything.  I miss him every day, but I chuckle to myself when I do something like install a light fixture or paint a room.  I know he would be so surprised at what his daughter can do.  He would be proud of my tool collection, too.     
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »

Wowwww! It's all snuggled in the landscape. It reminds me of a Thomas Kincade painting. What a peaceful & lovely place to live! Just beautiful 

Phaedrus
Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2009, 01:51:10 PM »

Were doing a watergarden now hubby has to help me on this one.
 I bought the kit yesterday I have rocks I use to date a blaster lol
I have the coolest rocks in town.

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #95 on: March 16, 2010, 02:20:04 PM »

Hey, I've just finished painting the girl's room. I'm posting a picture of the bedding I got, I matched the wall color to the wall in the picture, so it's a green apple color. I also ordered a wall size photo mural of a picture that I love of the girls & it's going on one wall (check out uppercaseliving.com). I also have a beautiful multi-colored chandelier too!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #96 on: March 16, 2010, 02:30:59 PM »

Here's my new kitchen chairs 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #97 on: March 16, 2010, 02:35:32 PM »

I hope my next weekend project turns out okay! My husband & I are going to re-finish the wood floor in the girl's room! It is currently an orangey maple color & it's going to be a pale lavendar color. i can't wait to see how it looks! We rented a floor sander for Sat. & will give it our all. There is really not much my husband can't do; I'm very proud of him!   I'll post pics! Love you all! 

Phaedrus
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: March 16, 2010, 07:50:09 PM »

Wowza Monken!!  Beautiful!!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Gypsy DD
Monkey Junky

« Reply #99 on: March 26, 2010, 02:23:35 PM »

Wow Monken..you are so creative and talented.  Just so cute ..I bet the girls love their new room.

And Blonde..what a beautiful house..such a peaceful setting.  I adore antiques and you have created a wonderful home for them.

"Commit a crime and the world is made of glass."
Ralph Waldo Emerson  1841
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.