March 28, 2024, 08:12:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decorating with Color!!!  (Read 42029 times)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2009, 09:21:54 PM »

Hi Monken,

In the "seconds room" everything is sold by the piece.  In the showroom, I think you can purchase place settings or individual pieces. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2009, 10:28:42 PM »

Monken I love how you view the world in so many different colors.  I absolutely love each of your pieces, and your murals are fantastic!

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 10:22:34 AM »

Monken I love how you view the world in so many different colors.  I absolutely love each of your pieces, and your murals are fantastic!

Thank you, Dolce! I used to paint like this in people's homes & some businesses but now I concentrate on my cakes. And I never stop thinking of ideas for my home!  Hubby never knows what to expect, he may come home today & the living room will be a different color!! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 10:31:56 AM »

Norose; Is this your clock?

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 11:16:26 AM »

OMG!!! LOOK  LOOK!! 
I will have to have this set!!!

Our Newest FiestaŽ Color Lemongrass!
Available in Fine Department Stores Summer 2009

Phaedrus
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 01:44:42 PM »

My Mother has the Fiestaware in Green.  She uses it for spring place settings and womens lunchins.  They are heavy and nice.

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 01:45:15 PM »

For all talented Monkeys........do you ever get a "creative block"?  What tips do you have to get past it?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 08:14:09 PM »

Monken, I love the second clock   
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2009, 08:58:46 AM »

Monken, I love the second clock   

I found those on ebay, have you ever bid or purchased there? It's really too easy to do  Do a search for starburst clock or for more results use retro or retro atomic. Some of these are pricey but if you're really persistant & check frequently you can find one for the price you want, that's what i do. If it's not a "buy it now" but an auction item, don't bid until the last minute or you'll push the price up. I got a book that taught me how to "snipe" or grab an item you want in the last few seconds of bidding. it works every time!    I don't know of any other place where you could find such a large selection of retro items other than ebay, I just love it! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2009, 09:00:51 AM »

For all talented Monkeys........do you ever get a "creative block"?  What tips do you have to get past it?

I always look for ideas in a decorating mag or online. What are you needing help with, maybe i can help?! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2009, 09:39:01 AM »

Hey Numbersgirl, these are my fiesta colors not counting the vintage set(I don't use them):
shamrock, sunflower, tangerine, persimmon, scarlet, heather, turquoise, peacock, rose, periwinkle, chartreuse, & yellow

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 09:47:07 AM »

That was kinda big! 

Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2009, 10:39:44 AM »

That was kinda big! 

Beautiful Monken...looks like a rainbow!     I think that new color you posted is a "must have".

I'm frustrated and creatively blocked because I'm afraid my projects won't be "perfect".  It really does paralyze me, and if my project isn't perfect, I get really discouraged and I shut down.  I've been like this since I was a little child and it frustrates the heck out of me.  I design and make handbags...the design part I love, it's the technical stuff that I fret over.
People say they love what I do, but I just don't know if the quality of construction is good enough.  I've had offers to sell them in retail stores, but I'm really afraid to put them out there for fear that someone with think the look "homemade"..ugh!
Do you ever feel like that?  I know my concepts are good...it's just execution that bothers me. 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 02:55:41 PM »

That was kinda big! 

Beautiful Monken...looks like a rainbow!     I think that new color you posted is a "must have".

I'm frustrated and creatively blocked because I'm afraid my projects won't be "perfect".  It really does paralyze me, and if my project isn't perfect, I get really discouraged and I shut down.  I've been like this since I was a little child and it frustrates the heck out of me.  I design and make handbags...the design part I love, it's the technical stuff that I fret over.
People say they love what I do, but I just don't know if the quality of construction is good enough.  I've had offers to sell them in retail stores, but I'm really afraid to put them out there for fear that someone with think the look "homemade"..ugh!
Do you ever feel like that?  I know my concepts are good...it's just execution that bothers me. 

You're a perfectionist, like me!  I sometimes feel that way if I'm not sure about a project. I used to design & paint tote bags for a local florist. I had alot of special orders for people and I also made seasonal totes. I sold quite a few, I even did Abby Cadabby totes & sold them on ebay for awhile; that was before you could get Abby Cadabby merchandise. I was always worried about price vs. quality because the florist jacked the price up so high! But I still sold them. If a customer doesn't like the quality or something then they won't buy it, but that doesn't mean that the next person won't fall in love with it!! I think a little apprehension is normal, so don't worry!    I'm sure they're beautiful! And I wanna see one, can you take a pic?! 

Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 08:07:38 PM »

Thank so much Monken.  I have pics - but will get a photobucket account so I can make them small enough to post.  You're such a kind little monkey.  What you said really helps.
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: March 29, 2009, 08:39:09 AM »

Here are two of my early purses.  These are children's size.

numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: March 29, 2009, 08:39:44 AM »

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2009, 09:42:38 AM »

I think that is adorable! Are there any privately owned girl's shops where you live? We have several here, "The Funky Monkey"    & "the Spotted Pony"! These places sell items like yours & you could make a fortune! Good Luck, I hope you sell a ton of them! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2009, 09:45:49 AM »

Oh, and I forgot to add, you can try them out on Ebay! Have you ever sold anything there? You can set the price at buy it now or auction & there is not a bigger place to showcase your work, seriously! It is so easy too, believe me, I'm on there every day!! 

Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2009, 10:30:58 AM »

Thanks a million Monken...as soon as tax season is over, I have to get busy and get these out there.  I'm doing a more grown up version using only all natural fibers like silk and wool and better quality hardware.  Have you ever been to Etsy.com?  It's pretty cool - mainly handmade goods or vintage. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.