April 19, 2024, 03:15:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Decorating with Color!!!  (Read 42213 times)
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2009, 08:42:22 PM »

So cute Monken....I just love your works!  I wish I had your talents.  Please keep the photos coming.  I loved your cakes that you posted in Musings too.    I wish I lived close - I'd have you do a cake every month.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: April 12, 2009, 08:55:41 AM »

Oh, if I had grandchildren I would make them Easter baskets like that!

Post more photo, Monken!  Love them and am going to be moving to tiny apartment later.  I may use your color idea to personalize it.

Oh I hope so Anna, that would be great!! As soon as Easter is over i will be back to re-painting, I have a lot to do! 

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: April 12, 2009, 08:59:46 AM »

So cute Monken....I just love your works!  I wish I had your talents.  Please keep the photos coming.  I loved your cakes that you posted in Musings too.    I wish I lived close - I'd have you do a cake every month.

Numbers, you are so sweet, if you did live close by I'm sure you'd be one of my best friends! I've got more cakes coming up & you won't believe what my granddaughter's Easter eggs look like! She left them in the color, in the fridge overnight!!  I've never seen such bright eggs, not that are "real"! I'll post a pic later, K, HUGS!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: April 12, 2009, 09:08:42 AM »

and I want to add you ARE one of my best friends, here!  Love ya bunches, Monken!!

Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2009, 09:50:52 AM »

and I want to add you ARE one of my best friends, here!  Love ya bunches, Monken!!

Awww, thanks Little Monken...and right back atycha!  Can't wait to see the egg pics!  Happy Easter, my friend! 
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #65 on: April 13, 2009, 10:22:17 AM »

Awww, thanks Little Monken...and right back atycha!  Can't wait to see the egg pics!  Happy Easter, my friend! 

Here's the eggs, they are so bright! I wouldn't do this again unless they are for display only; it made the shells too fragile!  My granddaughter wanted to see how dark the color would get! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #66 on: April 13, 2009, 10:23:42 AM »

Oops! for got the pic! 

Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: April 13, 2009, 03:12:59 PM »

Oops! for got the pic! 

WOW...those are so cool.  I agree, I wouldn't eat them - but what a great display.  Thanks for the pic. 
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #68 on: April 19, 2009, 12:33:48 PM »

Monken I am looking to redecorate the back lanai pool area of our home with Summer aproaching we will be having many cookouts and parties with the babies arrival and family.  Any suggestions? 

*Please note that I am the person that a plant goes to if they have a death wish, so to put a plant in my care would be irresponsible. 

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2009, 10:35:06 AM »

Monken I am looking to redecorate the back lanai pool area of our home with Summer aproaching we will be having many cookouts and parties with the babies arrival and family.  Any suggestions? 

*Please note that I am the person that a plant goes to if they have a death wish, so to put a plant in my care would be irresponsible. 

Hey Dolce, I'm so glad i checked in here!
I'm helping my neighbor with the same thing right now, she has an area on the side of her house and I'm making cushions for another neighbor's outdoor furniture! 

You have to have a "grouping" an area where people gather for conversation. I would have to have a covered swing; esp. with the babies, it's a must. i can't tell you how many times I've rocked my girls in my Mom's swing. And you need a focal point, like a fountain or firepit. Target sells a ton of outdoor furniture & accessories for a good price. i also love adirondack chairs, this season i've seen them in bright beautiful colors! If your area is not covered, look at the portable gazebos, they are beautiful & the fabric can be tied back if needed. As for the plants, you need something that needs little care. My favorites are my citrus trees, they are in full bloom right now, and in south Florida you don't have to worry about the cold; it's getting back in the 30's here tonight  There are a ton of low maintenance trees that are available: mini crepe myrtles are beautiful & love full sun, just ask whoever's there about low maintenance plants!  I'm posting a link for Target, but also check other places like Home Depot & Lowes. I have a beautiful ;rainbow of course, umbrella that i got at Sam's Club, you can check there too! Let me know what you decide, I can't wait to see it! Hugs, Monken 
http://www.target.com/b/ref=in_br_display-ladders?ie=UTF8&pf_rd_r=069KXTR32G40RQYS03A9&pf_rd_p=422575401&pf_rd_i=B00189A6J2&node=1038618&pf_rd_s=top-2&pf_rd_m=A1VC38T7YXB528&pf_rd_t=201

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2009, 01:02:40 PM »

And i forgot about a rug & lighting. I have an outdoor rug on my front porch, it makes the area more "homey". And on my deck I use bamboo string lights all the way around, it looks beautiful at night! Also, on the firepit: Target sells a "fire & ice" version, a dual use item, safety first you know, esp. when those twins get mobile!! 

Phaedrus
Tylergal
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #71 on: May 08, 2009, 07:30:16 PM »

I would love to have a decorating forum here where everyone participated or a fashion forum.  What a neat idea.  I get so tired of HGTV's forum and GW's forums.  They become cliquish and clannish.

I love decorating with color.  I love decorating.  What a great idea.  Our friend, Nonesuche is such a great artist and so artfully decorates her abode and her world including cakes and cupcakes.  I do wish she would post some of her very refined and beautiful works here.

There is always one more imbecile than you counted on
Tracygirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #72 on: May 09, 2009, 01:29:30 AM »

Hi everyone, mind if I join you all? I LOVE decorating, especially with color. I am an interior decorator by trade and using color is my thing. I decorate around what my clients wants are but I love high contrasting colors such what Monken uses in her murals, (which I love btw, just so cute! I can't believe the I dream of Jeanie room! Wow! You are such a talented artist.)

Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #73 on: May 09, 2009, 02:34:44 PM »

Hi everyone, mind if I join you all? I LOVE decorating, especially with color. I am an interior decorator by trade and using color is my thing. I decorate around what my clients wants are but I love high contrasting colors such what Monken uses in her murals, (which I love btw, just so cute! I can't believe the I dream of Jeanie room! Wow! You are such a talented artist.)

Bless your heart! Thank you Tracygirl! I'm getting ready to re-paint my kitchen & dining room;if i can ever get caught up on my cakes! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: July 14, 2009, 01:16:16 PM »

Hey Numbers, here's some pics of my other b&w stuff. Are you using furniture, fabric, paint for your b&w theme? With b&w for your base, any color will go with it, just pick your favorites! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: July 14, 2009, 01:18:32 PM »

This is a piece of fabric i bought on ebay. My hubby made a wood frame & we stapled the fabric to it. The black part feels like velour. I'm still re-arranging my downstairs, it's a wreck! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: July 14, 2009, 01:20:42 PM »

These platters all came from www.frenchbull.com I love that site!! 

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: July 14, 2009, 01:23:21 PM »

This is the girl's room. I bought a comforter cover from "the company store" and i found the rug on ebay. I can't believe how great they match!

Phaedrus
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: July 14, 2009, 01:30:19 PM »

This is my dining & living rooms. I'm looking for fabric now to re-cover the dining room chairs & the brown chairs in  the living room. I bought the brown ones on ebay several years ago & they are from the sixties. So are  all the hanging lights I have. The chairs have had 2 "wild ones"  climbing all over them for a few years & it's time to cover them!

Phaedrus
numbersgirl
Monkey Junky

« Reply #79 on: July 14, 2009, 01:45:23 PM »

Oh Monken...I love your house!

Here's what I've got going, please let me know what you think.
I live in a condo - it's the great room thing - living room, dining room, kitchen

Kitchen cabinets - white
Counter - black
Floor - grey tile

Living room/dining room:
Carpet - greyish taupe (can't afford to change it now)
Couch - white with black outlined circles
Chair & Ottoman - black, white, taupe chenille tweed

Dining room chairs - black and white zebra

Drapes - oyster white

I'm planning to use fushia, robin's egg blue and apple green for pillows and maybe an area rug

I want to do lots of mirrors and bright artwork and lots of bright metals

What do you think?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.