May 01, 2024, 01:20:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #118 3/25/09 - 3/30/09  (Read 280026 times)
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #980 on: March 27, 2009, 02:11:59 PM »

The power of CC compels Luvin' and I to do a document dance. 

Do No Evil 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #981 on: March 27, 2009, 02:12:57 PM »

Baez To Depose Deputies, Jail Workers
POSTED: Friday, March 27, 2009
UPDATED: 12:43 pm EDT March 27, 2009
<snipped>
Casey Anthony's attorney will depose several key witnesses next week in his client's first-degree murder case.
Anthony's lead attorney, Jose Baez, will question several Orange County sheriff's deputies who were involved in the search for Caylee along with a private investigator who briefly worked for Anthony's parents, George and Cindy Anthony. Private investigator Jim Hoover, who was questioned by lawyers representing Zenaida Gonzalez in her civil lawsuit against Anthony, will not be questioned under oath in the criminal case.
In addition to those witnesses, Baez will also depose four employees of the Orange County Jail. It's not known if Baez will be seeking answers from them about surveillance video taken inside the jail's medical unit that allegedly shows Casey Anthony hyperventilating when she learned a child's remains had been found in the woods near her home.
http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19028735/detail.html

Now I wonder why he would not want to depo Hoover? Could it be that Hoover just blowed his case?
Thanks Trimm, and Darla you are probably right on that, I wonder if D Casey will be questioned? 
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #982 on: March 27, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »

I have written permission to distribute this press release to contacts, clients and local media. I am releasing as written. No link available at this time.
Although it is written concerning the Caylee Anthony Case, many of the same names are appearing in the Haleigh Cummings case.
Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 26, 2009
Florida Association of Private Investigators Deplores Reports of Unlicensed Activity
Florida Association of Private Investigators Speaks Out
In light of the publicized deposition of John Hoover by Attorney John Morgan regarding Hoover and Dominic Casey’s involvement in the investigation of the Caylee Anthony case, several of your board members assembled the enclosed press release. I know, I know, a press release should only consist of two maybe three paragraphs, but with all the contributions we narrowed it down to the content enclosed. Your board members have been diligent in pointing out that FAPI represents the licensed private investigators in Florida under 493 and we responded to the negative publicity surrounding our industry attempting to show that the members of FAPI are law abiding professionals who will not condone the use of the unlicensed.
Florida Licensing Statutes are clear; The Private Investigators who involved themselves in the Anthony case appear to have acted in violation of the regulatory provisions governing the investigative profession as set forth in FSS 493. Public should be aware of Licensing Statutes
Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 26, 2009: While refraining from speculation regarding the Caylee Anthony murder case, the Florida Association of Private Investigators, Inc. (FAPI) is speaking out about the activities of the private investigators allegedly working for the Anthony family and their defense attorney having possibly violated of Florida statutes.
FAPI, which represents about 400 Private Investigators in Florida and across the U.S., reacted strongly to news reports today about and the publication of a deposition involving one the PIs working the Anthony case.
Mark Feegel, who is Co-president of FAPI and a licensed Private Investigator since 1993, along with Chuck Chambers, said, “This is exactly the type of activity FAPI tries to prevent,” says Mark Feegel, “with peer group education, annual seminars and familiarity with licensing statutes”.
Feegel is referring to Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Chapter 493, which governs and licenses private investigators in Florida. “The chapter clearly states that someone possessing a Class C Private Investigators License – as did James D. Hoover, the subject of the deposition on March 25th, must be employed by a licensed Class A Private Investigation Agency. It is clear from the deposition that Hoover, with only a Class C, was sub-contracting his services to several Class A Licensees, namely D&A Investigations, owned by Dominic Casey, and Class Action Detective Agency, owned by Alan Buchanan”.
In Hoover’s deposition, he testified that he performed investigative work for both agencies and unless D&A was subcontracting work to Class Action, or unless Hoover was an employee (not subcontractor) of Class Action and subsequently D&A, Hoover and both agencies allegedly violated the law.
“The 493 Chapter is very clear on this point,” says Chambers, who has been licensed as private investigator since 1982, “Class C licensees may not engage in investigative services except through a licensed Class A agency. Moreover, Class C licensees are prohibited from subcontracting, which, according to the sworn testimony of Hoover, is what he has been doing for years”.
Chambers explained, “Florida Statutes dictates that Class A agencies may sub-contract work to another Class A agency for assistance, but Class C Private investigators are statutorily prohibited from doing so on their own”.
Chambers said fully licensed and legally operating PIs in FAPI “are always running across unlicensed activity, including those who possess neither a Class C nor a Class A license and there is little we can do but report it to the Division of Licensing.”
Apparently even if caught, there isn’t much of penalty for not being licensed and the type of activity testified to in Hoover’s deposition could only result in one or more of the following actions from the Division of Licensing, “Issue a reprimand; deny an application for issuance of a license; impose an administrative fine not to exceed $1000; or, place the licensee on probation”.
“Given the training and experience required to get a license in Florida”, said Roger Gibson, a retired U.S. Marshal and private investigator in Miami since 1977, “and given the potential harm to the constituents in Florida, there should be a significant fine and it should also be a serious criminal offense to blatantly act as a PI without proper licensing.“
Feegel and Chambers concede it is a serious problem but said FAPI is working with a few State Representatives and Senators to try to get changes made to the licensing statute. Until then, it is a shame to have this type of embarrassing activity on a high-profile tragedy such as the Caylee Anthony case. There are many experienced, qualified, licensed and insured PIs available via the FAPI website where the public can search for a local and properly licensed PI. Many have extensive working knowledge of criminal investigations, missing children and abuse cases as well as corporate and financial fraud investigations. It is also imperative the public know the Florida Division of Licensing provides individual and agency licensing information available on their web site.
A business or individual who ends up hiring a private investigator who is not properly licensed may find themselves in a predicament if the investigation leads to a court action. “The credibility of the private investigator and, indeed, the actual investigation he conducted, may be called into question,” said Feegel, “leading to disastrous results for the client”.
Harvey E. Morse, the founder of FAPI, a licensee since 1975 and former Chair of the State’s Advisory Council agrees. He said, “We work hard to maintain our integrity and investigative skills. The statutory language is clear. Violating the statute subjects the client to having testimony by an improperly licensed PI simply thrown out. People, who circumvent the law for personal gain, do so at their own risk. Our State Association polices the industry by reporting unlawful activity, and we are proud that our members’ license status is verified before accepting them into our organization”.
Neither of the Anthony PIs are members of FAPI.
Source Files and Contacts for further background.

Florida Statutes, Chapter 493
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...493/PART01.HTM

Hammond Opinion Letter, 1982
http://myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Op...2565850068EF97

FAPI Website
http://www.myfapi.org

Hoover Depo Draft
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...Deposition.pdf

Thanks Grama, Interesting! Sounds like they can't even get into much trouble for not being properly liscensed.
I liked this part though:
A business or individual who ends up hiring a private investigator who is not properly licensed may find themselves in a predicament if the investigation leads to a court action. “The credibility of the private investigator and, indeed, the actual investigation he conducted, may be called into question,” said Feegel, “leading to disastrous results for the client”.

RIP Sweet Puppy
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #983 on: March 27, 2009, 02:15:44 PM »

Thanks Grama! Wait until Turbo gets here, she's going to lose it!

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #984 on: March 27, 2009, 02:20:06 PM »

thanks Klaas.   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #985 on: March 27, 2009, 02:21:03 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/03/27/caseycaylee-anthony-case-new-attorney-macaluso-participation-doubtful/

Casey/Caylee Anthony Case: New Attorney Macaluso Participation Doubtful

I will never for the life of me understand why Hugh Heffner involved himself in this case.

I remember you, Caylee.
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #986 on: March 27, 2009, 02:21:21 PM »

Edited to remove photo.  CC, please remember this thread is about a murdered 2year old girl and we would like to respect that.  Photos like this are more suited to the Musing thread or Monkey Lounge.  Not in the main Caylee thread. 
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:19:48 PM by klaasend » Logged

Do No Evil 
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #987 on: March 27, 2009, 02:21:55 PM »

I have a question -  Is KC allowed to sit in on the depositions that the defense (Baez) does?   Did she get to sit in on the one that Baez already did with TonyL?   

I doubt it.
(They probably don't have a Hannibal Lector face mask in her size) 
Seriously I don't know if she is allowed to attend.I bet they won't let her.

I was subpoenaed to do a deposition once - in a civil matter - and the person who subpoenaed me was allowed to sit in with their lawyers during the deposition.     I wasn't sure how it would work for KC - due to security issues and such.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #988 on: March 27, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »

I have a question -  Is KC allowed to sit in on the depositions that the defense (Baez) does?   Did she get to sit in on the one that Baez already did with TonyL?   

I doubt it.

I was subpoenaed to do a deposition once - in a civil matter - and the person who subpoenaed me was allowed to sit in with their lawyers during the deposition.     I wasn't sure how it would work for KC - due to security issues and such.

She wouldn't be talking much

hmm, maybe it is Mr. Jose Butfuz who should wear the Lector mask.

I remember you, Caylee.
GramaMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #989 on: March 27, 2009, 02:27:37 PM »

Edited to remove photo.  CC, please remember this thread is about a murdered 2year old girl and we would like to respect that.  Photos like this are more suited to the Musing thread or Monkey Lounge.  Not in the main Caylee thread. 

Nice Captions!!!   

I had seen that before and the first thought that came into mind was...

"Joy, do you remember last night?"
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 03:20:29 PM by klaasend » Logged

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #990 on: March 27, 2009, 02:27:48 PM »

I'm going to lose it also, bunch of losers 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #991 on: March 27, 2009, 02:29:04 PM »

I doubt it.

Sassy,The only deposition I ever did had 2 lawyers from the state and a DEA guy sitting in.But the people in question weren't there,thank God.I was mortified. 
Maybe since Casey's in jail it is a security risk.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #992 on: March 27, 2009, 02:29:22 PM »

Oh no Newfie and Trimm we now no your secret   
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #993 on: March 27, 2009, 02:29:37 PM »

Happy Friday lovely monkeys.

I thought about yesterday’s conversation about Caylee’s father quite a bit last night, and I have a few things to get off my chest this morning. After this post, I will let it go.

IMHO the identity of Caylee’s father does matter. It may or may not be "relevant" to the murder case. But since when is each and every thing we discuss here directly relevant to the murder trial? It’s not.

We know Caylee’s was not an immaculate conception. There was a man involved. I don’t know who that man is, but just like everyone else here, I’m entitled to my opinion. It matters to me. I care who her father is. I know who my father is. I look just like him. My daughter knows who her father is. We were not married, yet he never took a paternity test. His acceptance of paternity was based on undeniable RESEMBLANCE alone. Same situation for my brother and his two sons. They look just like him. He felt no need for a paternity test. Granted, there were not a dozen possibilities as seems to be the case with the slore. I realize it is frustrating because we do not know the answer and may never know. But what about this case isn't frustrating?

You’re right -- paternity may not play a role in the trial. But Caylee’s father is a piece of the bigger puzzle. He was right there at the start of her life. He has a presence in this case and in Caylee’s life, whether we like it or not. He didn’t have to be there physically to matter. 

That's it.

I must have missed the posts last night about the father not mattering, sorry. I completely agree with you. I may be wrong in the end and I'm ok with that, happens regularly.

However, food for thought: If the father did not matter, why would they test Lee's DNA? I know for a fact that nobody in LE thought for 10 seconds Lee was the dad.  It matters because from a technical perspective, you cant positively ID Caylee as Caylee in terms of DNA without the defense poking holes in it, you need a full profile, mom, dad, caylee. Why would the A's fight so hard not tell the truth about it? Why does Lee backpedal on it after Caylee's remains are found? They know this.

And lastly, for me, I want the family of this guy to snatch the rights to this little girl's estate so these nitwits can fade off into oblivion and stop making a fool out of this child's name.  
Miki Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #994 on: March 27, 2009, 02:30:10 PM »

I have written permission to distribute this press release to contacts, clients and local media. I am releasing as written. No link available at this time.
Although it is written concerning the Caylee Anthony Case, many of the same names are appearing in the Haleigh Cummings case.
Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 26, 2009
Florida Association of Private Investigators Deplores Reports of Unlicensed Activity
Florida Association of Private Investigators Speaks Out
In light of the publicized deposition of John Hoover by Attorney John Morgan regarding Hoover and Dominic Casey’s involvement in the investigation of the Caylee Anthony case, several of your board members assembled the enclosed press release. I know, I know, a press release should only consist of two maybe three paragraphs, but with all the contributions we narrowed it down to the content enclosed. Your board members have been diligent in pointing out that FAPI represents the licensed private investigators in Florida under 493 and we responded to the negative publicity surrounding our industry attempting to show that the members of FAPI are law abiding professionals who will not condone the use of the unlicensed.
Florida Licensing Statutes are clear; The Private Investigators who involved themselves in the Anthony case appear to have acted in violation of the regulatory provisions governing the investigative profession as set forth in FSS 493. Public should be aware of Licensing Statutes
Fort Lauderdale, FL, March 26, 2009: While refraining from speculation regarding the Caylee Anthony murder case, the Florida Association of Private Investigators, Inc. (FAPI) is speaking out about the activities of the private investigators allegedly working for the Anthony family and their defense attorney having possibly violated of Florida statutes.
FAPI, which represents about 400 Private Investigators in Florida and across the U.S., reacted strongly to news reports today about and the publication of a deposition involving one the PIs working the Anthony case.
Mark Feegel, who is Co-president of FAPI and a licensed Private Investigator since 1993, along with Chuck Chambers, said, “This is exactly the type of activity FAPI tries to prevent,” says Mark Feegel, “with peer group education, annual seminars and familiarity with licensing statutes”.
Feegel is referring to Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services Chapter 493, which governs and licenses private investigators in Florida. “The chapter clearly states that someone possessing a Class C Private Investigators License – as did James D. Hoover, the subject of the deposition on March 25th, must be employed by a licensed Class A Private Investigation Agency. It is clear from the deposition that Hoover, with only a Class C, was sub-contracting his services to several Class A Licensees, namely D&A Investigations, owned by Dominic Casey, and Class Action Detective Agency, owned by Alan Buchanan”.
In Hoover’s deposition, he testified that he performed investigative work for both agencies and unless D&A was subcontracting work to Class Action, or unless Hoover was an employee (not subcontractor) of Class Action and subsequently D&A, Hoover and both agencies allegedly violated the law.
“The 493 Chapter is very clear on this point,” says Chambers, who has been licensed as private investigator since 1982, “Class C licensees may not engage in investigative services except through a licensed Class A agency. Moreover, Class C licensees are prohibited from subcontracting, which, according to the sworn testimony of Hoover, is what he has been doing for years”.
Chambers explained, “Florida Statutes dictates that Class A agencies may sub-contract work to another Class A agency for assistance, but Class C Private investigators are statutorily prohibited from doing so on their own”.
Chambers said fully licensed and legally operating PIs in FAPI “are always running across unlicensed activity, including those who possess neither a Class C nor a Class A license and there is little we can do but report it to the Division of Licensing.”
Apparently even if caught, there isn’t much of penalty for not being licensed and the type of activity testified to in Hoover’s deposition could only result in one or more of the following actions from the Division of Licensing, “Issue a reprimand; deny an application for issuance of a license; impose an administrative fine not to exceed $1000; or, place the licensee on probation”.
“Given the training and experience required to get a license in Florida”, said Roger Gibson, a retired U.S. Marshal and private investigator in Miami since 1977, “and given the potential harm to the constituents in Florida, there should be a significant fine and it should also be a serious criminal offense to blatantly act as a PI without proper licensing.“
Feegel and Chambers concede it is a serious problem but said FAPI is working with a few State Representatives and Senators to try to get changes made to the licensing statute. Until then, it is a shame to have this type of embarrassing activity on a high-profile tragedy such as the Caylee Anthony case. There are many experienced, qualified, licensed and insured PIs available via the FAPI website where the public can search for a local and properly licensed PI. Many have extensive working knowledge of criminal investigations, missing children and abuse cases as well as corporate and financial fraud investigations. It is also imperative the public know the Florida Division of Licensing provides individual and agency licensing information available on their web site.
Harvey E. Morse, the founder of FAPI, a licensee since 1975 and former Chair of the State’s Advisory Council agrees. He said, “We work hard to maintain our integrity and investigative skills. The statutory language is clear. Violating the statute subjects the client to having testimony by an improperly licensed PI simply thrown out. People, who circumvent the law for personal gain, do so at their own risk. Our State Association polices the industry by reporting unlawful activity, and we are proud that our members’ license status is verified before accepting them into our organization”.
Neither of the Anthony PIs are members of FAPI.
Source Files and Contacts for further background.

Florida Statutes, Chapter 493
http://www.flsenate.gov/Statutes/ind...493/PART01.HTM

Hammond Opinion Letter, 1982
http://myfloridalegal.com/ago.nsf/Op...2565850068EF97

FAPI Website
http://www.myfapi.org

Hoover Depo Draft
http://www.cfnews13.com/uploadedFile...Deposition.pdf

Thanks Grama, Interesting! Sounds like they can't even get into much trouble for not being properly liscensed.
I liked this part though:

How would this have anything to do with how it applies to the Anthony case and John Hoover ?
Surely John Hoover has already said that he wasn't working for the Anthony's in anything other than a concerned citizen capacity. I would hate to think there was some legal loophole that would allow the defense to have his statements thrown out because he was not licensed correctly in Florida.
I am already nervous that Bozo shows no interest in deposing him. 

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #995 on: March 27, 2009, 02:30:11 PM »

I doubt it.

She wouldn't be talking much

hmm, maybe it is Mr. Jose Butfuz who should wear the Lector mask.

I guess it wouldn't be smart to let KC attend any deposition.   She probably doesn't want to have to face any of those people, anyway. 

Depositions are costly.   Oh well, I guess the defense team has plenty of money.   
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #996 on: March 27, 2009, 02:30:59 PM »

I'm going to lose it also, bunch of losers 

GAG! Extreme Losers or Extreme Crooks is more like it. 

I remember you, Caylee.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #997 on: March 27, 2009, 02:31:11 PM »

Lordy, you got that right.
QuietMonkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #998 on: March 27, 2009, 02:31:46 PM »

Hey, It's a monkey race! Who's gonna win, Monkey #1, #2, or #3?

RIP Sweet Puppy
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #999 on: March 27, 2009, 02:32:04 PM »

Wow, great article about Hugh, I mean Todd, thanks Blink 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.