March 29, 2024, 07:50:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Korean Nuke Threat  (Read 11354 times)
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2006, 01:11:51 AM »

Dihanna, maybe we didn't take care of Iran and N. Korea first because they would have been harder and so we did Irag first because it's the easiest.

As we can see in this day and age of instant media and endless political back biting it's getting hard to fight a conventional action to a successful conclusion.

As a Charles Trouthammer said on FOX recently, all we have to do is what JFK did with the Cuban missles, tell Iran and N. Korea that if any nuke is used by a terroist we'll hold them responsible and retaliate on them.
nonesuche
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2006, 07:16:41 AM »

Good points Carnut, as always.

Don't you just love it that China has already stated they will not execute searches on cargo incoming from N Korea? Nothing like ignoring UN sanctions from the get-go and publicly?

Remind me WHY the UN softened their original sanctions proposal?  Rolling Eyes

I continue to stand with the girl.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #42 on: October 18, 2006, 09:07:03 PM »

I was just thinking about how we might kill a couple birds with one stone so to speak.

Was wondering about a possible 'Dirty Dozen' type solution.

Maybe giving a bunch of convicted lifers or soon to be executed types a chance to parachute out over N. Korea and try to get to some of the folks in charge of the N. Korean nuke program.

Any mission successes could be rewarded with pardons or some sort of reduced sentences.

Maybe not even asking for volunteers, just take them over N. Korea and ask if they want to jump with or without parachute?
Dihannah1
Monkey All Star Jr.

God watch over our children and keep them safe.

« Reply #43 on: October 19, 2006, 04:47:25 PM »

Great idea!  We could drop some in Iran and Venezuala too!

God has FINAL Judgement!<br />
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2006, 11:10:48 PM »

Did anyone hear the report on Friday that North Korea apologized to China for the nuke test and promised not to do any further tests? South Korea's Yonhap News Agency quoted a diplomatic source as saying, "Kim was known to have clarified his stance that there will be no additional nuclear test."

Secretary of State Rice is visiting the region. She met with a top Chinese envoy who met with Kim Jong Il. She quoted Chinese State Councilor Tang Jiaxuan. "Tang did not tell me that Kim Jong Il either apologized for the test or said that he would not ever test again."
Rice told reporters in Moscow, according to Reuters "The Chinese did not, in a fairly thorough briefing to me about the talks, say anything about an apology." She said the source of the South Korean media reports was unclear.

Is this an amazing world or what?  Rolling Eyes

http://tinyurl.com/y96uc6

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Carnut
Monkey Junky

« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2006, 11:14:28 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
Did anyone hear the report on Friday that North Korea apologized to China for the nuke test and promised not to do any further tests? South Korea's Yonhap News Agency quoted a diplomatic source as saying, "Kim was known to have clarified his stance that there will be no additional nuclear test."

Secretary of State Rice is visiting the region. She met with a top Chinese envoy who met with Kim Jong Il. She quoted Chinese State Councilor Tang Jiaxuan. "Tang did not tell me that Kim Jong Il either apologized for the test or said that he would not ever test again."
Rice told reporters in Moscow, according to Reuters "The Chinese did not, in a fairly thorough briefing to me about the talks, say anything about an apology." She said the source of the South Korean media reports was unclear.

Is this an amazing world or what?  Rolling Eyes

http://tinyurl.com/y96uc6

I saw the reports of the so called 'apology' discussed on some news shows, but I'm pretty sure the consensus was that it was disengenous at the most and that as Rice suggests no confirmation.

Don't think anything has occurred to change the situation.
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.