April 19, 2024, 11:58:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #812 3/27/09 - 3/31/09  (Read 205268 times)
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: March 28, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »

The pond was drained in May, 2008.  What more could be found if it was not found then.

Janet

+++++++

Aruba authorities help search for Natalee Holloway

Last Update: 6:54 pm 

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) - Authorities in Aruba are helping a U.S. private investigator search a pond for signs of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway despite having no new leads in the case.

Firefighters are using a hose to blast mud and debris out of a pond that witnesses previously identified as a possible location for her remains. The pond was drained for the search.

Investigator Fred Golba said Saturday they are still searching and declined further comment. He was hired by Holloway's father to search the pond even though it has been scoured before.

The 18-year-old was last seen leaving a bar with Joran Van der Sloot during a 2005 high school graduation trip.

Van der Sloot has been arrested twice and released for lack of evidence.

http://www.abcactionnews.com/news/world/story/Aruba-authorities-help-search-for-Natalee-Holloway/7HEinoHL6UKxgOLIDSistQ.cspx

January 6, 2009
Press Announcement

Hans Mos:

There was no indication whatsoever that Joran had been at the dam. For that reason the Police were not ordered to conduct that search. Later, people from the Persistence asked if they were allowed to conduct a search. They were told that they could go ahead if the wanted to. No results were reported. Besides that, the Monserrat dam, which had completely fallen dry by that time, was not long before that request completely searched by dozens of people, for a completely different reason. No results were reported.

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2009/01/06/aruba-prosecutor-5-page-letter-dont-miss-the-part-where-he-trashes-fox-and-menever-dull/

"Pond in May 2008"

In May 2008, the pond had just dried up and didn't even have to be drained.  It does that when there is no rain for a couple of months because it is more of a storm sewer than a permanent pond.

All the locals would know it would be dry part of the year.  Certainly Joran who had used the soccer field frequently would know this and so I don't think he would try to conceal anything in a pond that he knew would dry up at any time.  And if it was only for temporary concealment, then why look now almost five years later?

Nancy Grace is a re-run on the weekends, isn't she?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #241 on: March 28, 2009, 08:17:32 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gM4lWnpFfSI8U0EzxCHT8WVehRowD977AGMO0

36 minutes ago

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — Authorities in Aruba are helping a U.S. private investigator search a pond for signs of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway despite having no new leads in the case.

Firefighters are using a hose to blast mud and debris out of a pond that witnesses previously identified as a possible location for her remains. The pond was drained for the search.

Investigator Fred Golba said Saturday they are still searching and declined further comment. He was hired by Holloway's father to search the pond even though it has been scoured before.

The 18-year-old was last seen leaving a bar with Joran Van der Sloot during a 2005 high school graduation trip.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.

So helpful are those Aruban authorities when there is probably nothing there (in the pond) to find.

If the Persistence were ever to come back, bet they would help with that as well. Everything has already been retrieved, packaged in zip lock baggies, and stored in the "confidential" file.

Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #242 on: March 28, 2009, 08:18:27 PM »

Yes Anna Nancy G. is a rerun.  I just saw Jossy on explaining why Dave was paying for the search and not Aruba--Aruba just wants to close this case down.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #243 on: March 28, 2009, 08:20:27 PM »

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gM4lWnpFfSI8U0EzxCHT8WVehRowD977AGMO0

36 minutes ago

ORANJESTAD, Aruba (AP) — Authorities in Aruba are helping a U.S. private investigator search a pond for signs of missing U.S. teen Natalee Holloway despite having no new leads in the case.

So helpful are those Aruban authorities when there is probably nothing there (in the pond) to find.

If the Persistence were ever to come back, bet they would help with that as well. Everything has already been retrieved, packaged in zip lock baggies, and stored in the "confidential" file.

I wonder where the water being drained from the pond was going to?  If they drained the pond then that water had to go somewhere.  Did Dave just pay for having the pond drained so Aruba can start construction in that area?  Probably.

If you ask the wrong question, of course, you get the wrong answer. We find in design it’s much more important and difficult to ask the right question. Once you do that, the right answer becomes obvious.<br />Quote: Amory Lovins
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #244 on: March 28, 2009, 08:38:04 PM »

The professional dog handler on Nancy Grace just said that a cadaver dog COULD detect the scent of remains after even this long.  It is my understanding that they can as well and for a lot longer as a matter of fact.  She demonstrated with one on camera using not even actual remains but a sheet that had been in contact with remains and the dog had not trouble whatsoever.

Didn't Fred say that there would be nothing for the dog to find after this long?  I mean that there would be no scent for the dog to locate from any remains.

Now unless there are only bones and those bones have been separated from the decomp process, there would be scent not only on the bones but all around them because that is where decomp would have actually happened, all around the bones.

I think someone should be checking Rhino "Lighttanks" Goldba's credentials. 

Why is Goldba saying the opposite in regard to using the dog of what more every other dog handler would say?

The decomp that would have happened around the bones would be rich with scent for the dog.  Unless, of course, the bones have been away from the location in which actual decomp took place.

I know what I am trying to say, just don't know how to say it.  There should be scent if decomp happened around the bones that would be left now.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
friend of monkeys
Monkey Junky

« Reply #245 on: March 28, 2009, 08:39:20 PM »

[/b

KLASS

As always U ROCK!   TY for bringing that last vidoe forward.

I try to keep up....still would be impossible with out KLASS!

Prayers for Nat and her family...
I saw the previews for the movie today.

Beth is so much prettier than the actress in the movie.

We have done this like 20 times before and never before did anything bad happen....JORAN
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #246 on: March 28, 2009, 08:52:58 PM »

[/b

KLASS

Hello, FOM.  It's nice to see you logged in.  You might want to stop the arrows from striking your...well you know....and put on your Easter finest.  It's not obligatory.   

Yes, prayers for Natalee and her family.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: March 28, 2009, 09:01:08 PM »

[/b

KLASS

Hello, FOM.  It's nice to see you logged in.  You might want to stop the arrows from striking your...well you know....and put on your Easter finest.  It's not obligatory.   

Yes, prayers for Natalee and her family.

We'll have to see if CBB has made one for her.  I don't see it on the list 

Hi FOM!
bastibro
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #248 on: March 28, 2009, 09:54:59 PM »

36 minutes ago

I wonder where the water being drained from the pond was going to?  If they drained the pond then that water had to go somewhere.  Did Dave just pay for having the pond drained so Aruba can start construction in that area?  Probably.

The water is transported through the tubes to a lower pond.

never lift the pressure of evil island
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #249 on: March 28, 2009, 10:04:10 PM »

36 minutes ago

Can you show us where this lower pond is? 

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Blue Moon
Monkey Junky

« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2009, 10:05:24 PM »

36 minutes ago

AND did the lower pond get cleared before they drained water into it?  doh

bastibro
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2009, 10:10:49 PM »

36 minutes ago

I think to the pond behind the Marriot hotel, but that`s just based on my own logical thinking 2NJS_Mom

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #252 on: March 28, 2009, 10:13:10 PM »

36 minutes ago

I think to the pond behind the Marriot hotel, but that`s just based on my own logical thinking 2NJS_Mom
I don't get it -- via what? Is there a sewer pipe between them?

bastibro
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #253 on: March 28, 2009, 10:15:45 PM »

36 minutes ago

I don't get it -- via what? Is there a sewer pipe between them?

I think so wreck but I could be wrong, just based on logical thinking

bastibro
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #254 on: March 28, 2009, 10:17:18 PM »

In the video you see them pumping the water into the sewer pipes

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #255 on: March 28, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »

You cannot have sewer pipes on an island.  That is why they have the retention ponds.

If you had sewer pipes they would fill with sea water every time the tide comes in.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
bastibro
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #256 on: March 28, 2009, 10:27:53 PM »

Not sewer but drain pipes!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: March 28, 2009, 10:28:09 PM »

36 minutes ago

Bastibro - no offense, but there is no way in heck they are draining from the Monserat pond into the pond by the Marriott.  It is way too far away.  If they were going to go that far why not simply drain into the ocean 
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #258 on: March 28, 2009, 10:29:29 PM »

There are likely drainage pipes that lead towards the ocean. 
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #259 on: March 28, 2009, 10:29:41 PM »

Not sewer but drain pipes!

Not is the drain pipes are below ground.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.