April 19, 2024, 04:13:28 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Case Discussion #812 3/27/09 - 3/31/09  (Read 205273 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #260 on: March 28, 2009, 10:35:25 PM »

Photo originally posted by Capslockwizard of the pipes near the pond that is currently being searched:

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #261 on: March 28, 2009, 10:39:23 PM »

Photo originally posted by Capslockwizard of the pipes near the pond that is currently being searched:

Thank you, Klaas.

My apologies.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #262 on: March 28, 2009, 10:42:08 PM »

They are pretty big, and could feed the pond, as well as drain.  I tend to think they feed it, but don't know for sure.  In our town, there are many lakes, but there is one man-made lake that is public where my sons learned to swim long ago.  It's fed by spring water, but every fall is drained until the next season.  I never questioned where the water was drained to...the lake sits downhill from the roadway, and we have no sewers, so I would tend to think that they may just use pumper trucks and disperse the water into the nearby lakes.  Of course, this, too, is based on my logic, and not necessarily FACT.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #263 on: March 28, 2009, 10:43:06 PM »

These were photos Capslock sent Lala's of the area and Lala's posted them here:

Photo looking inside one of the inlet pipes.

This photo shows the pipe and where it splits in two. If you look in the back you can see a white looking pipe or divider that runs along the back there.  As I understand it, they go very deep and far away down under the area.  I am not sure exactly where they drain.

This photo shows the pipe and where it splits in two. If you look in the back you can see a white looking pipe or divider that runs along the back there.  As I understand it, they go very deep and far away down under the area.  I am not sure exactly where they drain.

Photo of Chinese restaurant...pond behind this area.

Supermarket next to the restaurant...this building is probably the same one in the trash photo from yesterday...I am going by the color of the building and it appears to be the same color as the back of the one in the other photo.  I can't do side by side photos..sorry. 

Supermarket next to the restaurant...this building is probably the same one in the trash photo from yesterday...I am going by the color of the building and it appears to be the same color as the back of the one in the other photo.  I can't do side by side photos..sorry. 

Lala's, I agree.  Based upon the color and style of the building looks like the same:

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #264 on: March 28, 2009, 10:51:15 PM »

I will tell a funny story.....

When I lived in Key West, they built a new high school.  They dug down 3 feet to make an
orchestra pit in the auditorium.  It was the only auditorium in the city at that time.

It was summer and the first performance in the new auditorium was a Canadian Opera company
complete with their own orchestra.

About a quarter of the way through the performance the members of the orchestra started to
take their instruments and one by one exit the orchestra pit.  People were very confused as
to what was happening until it was announced that the orchestra pit was filling with water.
It was high tide.  Water seeks it's own level.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #265 on: March 28, 2009, 11:00:58 PM »

I will tell a funny story.....

When I lived in Key West, they built a new high school.  They dug down 3 feet to make an orchestra pit in the auditorium.  It was the only auditorium in the city at that time.

It was summer and the first performance in the new auditorium was a Canadian Opera company complete with their own orchestra.

About a quarter of the way through the performance the members of the orchestra started to take their instruments and one by one exit the orchestra pit.  People were very confused as to what was happening until it was announced that the orchestra pit was filling with water.

It was high tide.  Water seeks it's own level.

Somehow I don't see the drums making it out.

Don't tell Tamikosmom we flooded the opera company out 
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #266 on: March 28, 2009, 11:01:36 PM »

Good story, Magnolia, and I would think the designers & contractors for that high school had some issues to iron out. 

I want to add that in our community and others nearby, there are no fire hydrants.  The pumper fire trucks get their water from the lakes.  That, in essence, is where I was basing my opinion in my last post. 

I don't know what they have in Aruba. 

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #267 on: March 28, 2009, 11:10:00 PM »

Inlet pipes that bring the water into the pond from the streets to prevent flooding.  That's why they are so high above the average water level.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #268 on: March 28, 2009, 11:31:30 PM »

Inlet pipes that bring the water into the pond from the streets to prevent flooding.  That's why they are so high above the average water level.

Thanks, Anna.  That is what I was thinking and it makes sense.  Now, where are they pumping the water to?  That's why I asked bastibro where this lower pond was. 

I think I'm heading to bed shortly.  If I'm not back before Janet's Olive Garden update, I'll certainly be here tomorrow. 

G'nite.  See you all later.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #269 on: March 28, 2009, 11:34:59 PM »

So nothing eventful happened today in the search of the Monserat Dam? 

And note Valero has loaned a couple of pumps for draining the pond.  This is like when U.S. owned hotel franchise gives a discount to Beth.  Some how it is not Americans helping out other Americans but a big gift and expense to Aruba and the Dutch. 

I wonder if Hans Mos is running a tab on this the way he does everything else.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #270 on: March 28, 2009, 11:36:56 PM »

Thanks, Anna.  That is what I was thinking and it makes sense.  Now, where are they pumping the water to?  That's why I asked bastibro where this lower pond was. 

I think I'm heading to bed shortly.  If I'm not back before Janet's Olive Garden update, I'll certainly be here tomorrow. 

There is a drainage grate in front of that Super Market.  Probably they are pumping into it and constantly refilling the pond, lol.

PERSONA NON GRATA

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #271 on: March 28, 2009, 11:37:55 PM »

Just kidding. . . . I think.

PERSONA NON GRATA

BUCKSHOT
Monkey Junky

« Reply #272 on: March 28, 2009, 11:43:35 PM »

There is a drainage grate in front of that Super Market.  Probably they are pumping into it and constantly refilling the pond, lol.

Anna,

Knowing them and their stellar track record, that is not out of the realm of possibility...

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #273 on: March 28, 2009, 11:44:26 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/artman/publish/artikel_54537.php

Google translation:

Aruba
Free stay for travel agents
March 28, 2009, 16:10 (GMT -04:00)

ORANGE CITY - Dutch travel agents have until December 15 this year, six nights free stay on the island. Tourist ATA is in line with the recently launched "Give yourself Aruba' campaign called Annual Travel Agent Month (TRAM) program adapted from my own experience so that travel agents can advise future tourists.

Participating agents need only to pay the flight. The stay in the hotels is free. Moreover, the travel agents to choose you. For this group, to the use of different hotels, they get a number of nights in the High Rise and Low Rise hotels offered. For both types of hotels can three preferences on the basis of availability is determined in which of these three options is stayed.

With the TRAM program agents thanked and rewarded for their work as an ambassador for the island of Aruba to provide said Ahata president Rob Smith. "Professional travel agents are very important for Aruba," says Myrna Jansen of ATA from. "The TRAM program is specially created for them. We would like to travel agents the opportunity to visit Aruba. In return, they can then draw from my own experience to inform tourists about the ideal holiday island. "

This is one way to fill those empty rooms and report high occupancy.  Along with all the "prize" trips which are also advertising.

I would be interested to see the monetary amounts instead of percentage of rooms occupied as that would include free ones as well.

Dayhiker used to post that report from the bank that gave a better view of the true finances in the tourism sector. 

This also is little more than a form of bribe to get more tourists from the travel agents.  Maybe they even give more days to those who book more trips.  At least maybe this gives work and tips for those in the service industry.

PERSONA NON GRATA

hotping
Monkey Junky

All Prayers Will Be Answered in Time!

« Reply #274 on: March 28, 2009, 11:47:24 PM »

Good Evening...Monkey Mia, BUCKSHOT, SuzieQ, Lifesong, AZSunny, 2NJSons_Mom and 15 Guests

In God We Trust!
Prayers Will Bring Natalee Home!
May 2010 Bring Natalee Home to Rest In Peace!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2009, 11:49:07 PM »

http://www.cbaruba.org/cba/readBlob.do?id=1283

CENTRALE BANK VAN ARUBA
J.E. Irausquin Boulevard 8 P.O. Box 18 Oranjestad Aruba Tel. nr.: (297) 525-2100 Fax nr.: (297) 525-2101
E-mail: cbaua@setarnet.aw Website: www.cbaruba.org
Money supply grows, BBO receipts contract and inflation slows

Press Release*
February 27, 2009

In December 2008, money supply grew by Afl. 100.8 million or 3.5 percent to Afl. 2,990.5 million, which was the net result of an Afl. 171.9 million net inflow of funds from abroad and an Afl. 71.1 million (3.8 percent) contraction in net domestic assets. Consequently, net foreign assets (excluding revaluation differences of gold and foreign exchange holdings) rose to Afl. 1,196.6 million at the end of December 2008, which is Afl. 480 million or 67 percent more than the amount recorded in the corresponding month of 2007. The foreign component contributed largely to the Afl. 424.1 million (16.5 percent) growth in money supply for 2008 as a whole.

The Aruban economy continued to show signs of a weakening performance, particularly in the last half of 2008. For the first time since its introduction in January 2007, both nominal and real turnover tax (BBO) receipts were, respectively, 2.9 percent and 3 percent lower in December 2008 than in the corresponding month of 2007.** There are also indications that growth in consumer spending has slowed down, as indicated by the slower growth in the year to date consumer credit. Airport arrivals’ data*** showed that growth decelerated during the second half of 2008 to 0.7 percent (compared to the corresponding period in 2007), against a 19.2 percent growth during the first half of 2008. However, for the year 2008 as a whole, the Aruba Tourism Authority’s tourist arrival data (January 2008 – June 2008) together with the proxy airport arrival figures for the months of July 2008 up to and including December 2008 suggest an 8.2 percent increase in stay-over visitors. The Cruise Tourism Authority’s data indicates that both the number of cruise passengers and ship calls increased by, respectively, 15.4 percent and 13.3 percent in December 2008, compared to the
*English original prevails.

** The BBO receipts generated in a certain month are indicators of the output generated in the previous month.
*** Due to a backlog in official publication of statistics on tourism arrivals and nights spent on the island by the Aruba Tourism Authority, the CBA relies on airport arrival statistics published by the Central Bureau of Statistics, corrected for resident arrivals.

corresponding month of 2007.
While the November 2008 end of period inflation was about half that of the same month of 2007, the December figure showed a deflation (-1.0 percent) for the first time since price data has been collected. Nonetheless, the annual (12-month average) inflation rate, reached 8 percent in 2008, compared to 6 percent in December 2007. The recent change in the 12-month average inflation rate also influenced the differential with the inflation in the U.S.A., our main trading partner. By December 2008, this differential narrowed down to 4.2 percentage points, compared to 4.8 percentage points in the previous month. When excluding the energy-related components (water, electricity and gasoline), the 12-month inflation rate went up by 0.1 percentage point to 5.1 percent in December 2008, compared to the corresponding period a year earlier.

For further information, please visit our website (www.cbaruba.org) or contact the Research Department of the Centrale Bank van Aruba, tel. +297 5252100.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2009, 12:03:44 AM »

So nothing eventful happened today in the search of the Monserat Dam? 

And note Valero has loaned a couple of pumps for draining the pond.  This is like when U.S. owned hotel franchise gives a discount to Beth.  Some how it is not Americans helping out other Americans but a big gift and expense to Aruba and the Dutch. 

I wonder if Hans Mos is running a tab on this the way he does everything else.

Yeah they can lend out a pump but couldn't lend a bulldozer when Tim and Red were digging in the dump.
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2009, 12:20:21 AM »

Thank you, Klaas,

The Annual Statistical Digest for 2008 is said to have been released but is still incomplete in the number of tourist section.  Guess we will have to check back later when that is filled in to see how 2008 was for Aruban tourism but that was before all the economic problems globally.

I don't envy any place trying to exist off of tourism in these economic times.

PERSONA NON GRATA

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #278 on: March 29, 2009, 12:42:44 AM »

3/23/2009  Solo di Pueblo

http://solodipueblo.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=2

Monkey "teabags" Oduber!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #279 on: March 29, 2009, 12:43:21 AM »

3/23/2009  Solo di Pueblo

http://solodipueblo.com/index.php?option=com_docman&Itemid=2

Monkey "teabags" Oduber!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.