March 29, 2024, 01:44:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 bodies-1 woman/3 children found in metal drums Nov. 1985 Allenstown NH  (Read 18546 times)
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« on: March 27, 2009, 07:54:07 AM »

Police Look For Answers In Cold Case
Cutting-Edge Techniques May Help Crack Case
UPDATED: 5:34 am EDT March 26, 2009

ALLENSTOWN, N.H. -- A mystery that has gone unsolved in Allenstown since the mid-1980s is getting a fresh look with new science.

Four bodies -- one woman and three children -- were found left in metal drums in the Allenstown woods.

"They were stuffed in barrels like they weren't worth anything," said state police Detective John Sonia. "So we think we're dealing with a suspect who has the capacity for this type of violence."

Investigators said they know many details of the mystery, but they lack answers. They said they're now hopeful that something as simple as tap water can put names with the faces.

"We knew we weren't dealing with two separate homicides," Sonia said. "They were all linked together."

In November 1985, a hunter found a tipped-over, 55-gallon drum near Bear Brook State Park, not far from a burned-down convenience store.

"You could see basically packaging of some type, and as he examined closer, he noticed there was a skull there," Sonia said.

The hunter had found the remains of an adult woman and a girl, somewhere between 5 and 10 years old. Both had been beaten about the head.

But with badly decomposed remains and no missing persons report that matched, the case stalled until 2000, when it was reassigned to another trooper.

"He goes out to the scene, starts looking around and locates another barrel, another 55-gallon metal barrel," Sonia said. "At that point, we find the remains of two female children in that barrel, also."

Investigators said they believe the all the remains are closely connected.

"We believe that all four of these individuals are connected based on the testing that was done, the similarities and the condition of the bodies and how they were disposed of," said Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Strelzin. "We believe these four individuals are connected, aside from just being the victim of a murder."

"It's possible, and the circumstances make it seem like they're a family, but it's not definite," said forensic investigator Kim Fallon.

The youngest victim could be as little as 1 year old. DNA has linked two of the children to the adult, but their specific relationship is unclear. Police said there could be many reasons why, in 24 years, no one went looking for them.

"That was a different time," Sonia said. "You didn't have cell phones back then. You didn't have the Internet back then. People weren't as connected, so it's possible four people went missing and maybe a local police department was notified and it didn't go any further than that, and that's some distance from New Hampshire."

Sonia said the four could be from Canada or transients. There are no reports of four people missing together from that time.

With a case this cold, investigators said they know forensic science is one way to get answers. The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has produced composites of three victims based on their remains, but the descriptions are rather broad with large age ranges and race varying from Caucasian to Native American.

"When you have bodies that are outdoors for a long period of time, they are being exposed to the weather extremes, heat, cold and bacteria,' said Kim Rumrill of the stte police forensics lab. "All these things work against you trying to find a DNA profile."

Investigators are now turning to water. A new technique links isotopes found in drinking water to different regions of the country. Those isotopes are found in human hair, and samples from the adult victim are now being tested.

"If she traveled they can get the travel history because they analyze segments of the hair, each segment separately," Fallon said.

Police said it's the first of three steps -- learn where they're from, discover who they are, and then find the killer.

"There's a lot of, I guess, force involved," Sonia said. "Again, it's pretty brutal. So that shows some kind of level of intimacy to take those, to do that to the bodies and to dispose of them the way they disposed of them."

State police are asking anyone with information to contact them at 603-271-2663 or nhsp.intel@dos.nh.gov.
http://www.wmur.com/news/19013578/detail.html

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 08:09:10 AM »

Circumstances: On November 10, 1985, the remains of the adult female and child #1 were located in a wooded area adjacent to the Bear Brook State Park in Allenstown, New Hampshire. The remains of two more female children were later located in the same vicinity. All four were victims of homicide. Preliminary DNA testing shows that the adult and 2 of the children may be related, and all four victims may be related as well. DNA testing is ongoing. Their race is believed to be White or Native American. Child #1 was between 5 and 10 years old and her ears were double pierced. Child #2 was between 4 and 8 years old and had a noticeable overbite. Child #3 was between 1 and 3 years old and her hair was approximately 8-12 inches long. The adult female was between 23 and 32 years old, approximately 5'2"- 5'7" and had curly hair.

Composites of 2 of the children and the adult female here
http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&caseNum=1100629&orgPrefix=NCMU&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Mtnmom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 03:17:42 PM »

Nut Im not sure if this is related but found this old article. May 31 1987

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives?p_product=BG&p_theme=bg&p_action=search&p_maxdocs=200&p_topdoc=1&p_text_direct-0=0EADEDF584E31755&p_field_direct-0=document_id&p_perpage=10&p_sort=YMD_date:D&s_trackval=GooglePM

WOMAN, GIRL UNCLAIMED POLICE SEARCH FOR NAMES TO GO WITH TWO BODIES AGING MYSTERY REFUSES TO UNRAVEL
Published on May 31, 1987
Author(s):    Bob Hohler, Globe Staff

ALLENSTOWN -- Eighteen months after he hoisted the remains of a murdered woman and girl from a bed of fallen leaves in the woods near Bear Brook State Park, Police Chief Norman Connor did what he had hoped never to do. He buried them without knowing their names.

They were a mother and daughter or sisters, the police believe, and apparently no one missed them for the six months to three years that their bodies lay in the woods, or the year and a half that the bodies lay in the morgue at New

cartfly
Monkey Junky

Thanks Brandi!

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 01:16:02 AM »

an old original article:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=-MFIAAAAIBAJ&sjid=XgENAAAAIBAJ&pg=4991,3003997&dq=woman+and+girl+allenstown+nh&hl=en

My angels on earth, the Shriners-every thing they do is for the children and they never ask for anything in return. What a concept.....
http://www.shrinershq.org/Hospitals/Main/
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2017, 02:38:04 AM »

http://fox2now.com/2017/01/26/authorities-link-5-killings-to-man-who-worked-in-st-louis-in-the-1970s/

Authorities link 5 killings to man who worked in St. Louis in the 1970’s
POSTED 12:53 PM, JANUARY 26, 2017

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) - Authorities in New Hampshire are linking five deaths from the 1980s to a man who died in a California prison in 2010 while serving a sentence for killing and dismembering his wife.

State police and the attorney general's office said Thursday they believe the killer was a man known as Bob Evans. He's the one-time boyfriend of a New Hampshire woman who disappeared in 1981. They believe he killed her and, separately, a mother and three girls who were found in steel drums in a New Hampshire state park. They say he was the father of one of the girls. 

Under the name of Lawrence Vanner, he was convicted in California of killing his wife, Eunsoon Jun, who was found dead in their basement.  He also went by several other names including, Robert T. Evans, Gordon Jenson, Curtis Kimball and Gerry Mockerman.

Evans claims to have worked in St. Louis, MO during the early 1970's. Investigators are hoping that by releasing information about ‘Bob Evans’ someone will come forward who knew him and his child.  Police say that it is possible that there are more murder victims.

Call 1-800-843-5678 if you have any information in this case. MORE at the link!

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 12:38:30 PM »

a lot of info in article,
Facebook Live video of Jan. 26 Press Conference
Complete Powerpoint presentation from
Senior Asst. attorney General Jeffery Strelzin, Chief, Homicide Unit....

face of a serial killer: Authorities have their man; now they
want to identify his victims
By: CAROL ROBIDOUX | January 26, 2017

https://manchesterinklink.com/face-serial-killer-authorities-man-now-want-identify-victims/

media info from D.O.J. of N.H.
http://www.doj.nh.gov/media-center/press-releases/2017/20170126-allenstown-suspect-identified.htm

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2019, 09:25:47 AM »

NH authorities identify 3 bodies found in barrels in Bear Brook State Park

https://www.vnews.com/Authorities-identify-3-bodies-linked-to-suspected-killer-26093749

This is confusing to me.......

Thursday, June 06, 2019

The public identification on Thursday of a woman and her two daughters — found dead in a pair of barrels 15 years apart in Allenstown — partially ended a mystery that had stumped police since the first two victims were discovered in 1985.

Associate Attorney General Jeff Strelzin was joined Thursday by state police and the FBI at the Division of Motor Vehicles offices, where authorities said DNA testing had finally revealed the identities of three of the four females found near Bear Brook State Park.

Found dead in November of 1985 were Marlyse Elizabeth Honeychurch, a Connecticut native born in 1954, and one of her daughters, Marie Elizabeth Vaughn, of Artesia, Calif., who was born in 1971.

The other barrel, found about 100 yards from the first one in May 2000, contained the body of another of Honeychurch’s daughters, Sara Lynn McWaters, who was born in 1977 in Hawaiian Gardens, Calif.

The other girl found in that barrel has not been identified, but authorities say she was the daughter of Terry Peder Rasmussen, a man of many aliases who police say killed all four.

Rasmussen had been identified as the killer through DNA testing in July 2017. He was dead by then, having died in prison in 2010 after he was convicted of killing his girlfriend, Eunsoon Jun, in California in 2003.

Jun’s body was found under a pile of kitty litter in the couple’s basement.

The bizarre circumstances of the case kept the news in the public’s conscious as officials tried to connect the dots, while also pushing it into the background after decades of mystery left the sense that answers — the identities of the four females found in the two barrels and the man who killed them — would never be discovered.

Rasmussen had gone by numerous aliases, both before and after the Bear Brook State Park murders. He was known as Gordon Jenson, Curtis May Kimball, Lawrence William Vanner and Gerry Mockerman before the authorities used cutting-edge DNA technology to learn the killer’s true identity.

They learned that Rasmussen was born in Colorado in 1943, grew up and attended school in Arizona, served in the Navy during the 1960s and moved to California in 1970.

On Thanksgiving day in La Puente, Calif., in 1978, Honeychurch got into an argument with her mother and left with her two daughters — Vaughn and McWaters — and Rasmussen, never to be seen by her family again.

They moved to New Hampshire, where Rasmussen worked at Waumbec Mills in Manchester.

In 1981, 23-year-old Denise Beaudin of Goffstown and her 6-month-old daughter went missing, accompanying Rasmussen back to California.

That was four years before the first barrel was found.

Beaudin is presumed dead, killed by Rasmussen, who abandoned her daughter in 1986. Her search for her mother through an online DNA registry led police to New Hampshire and helped them connect Beaudin with Rasmussen.

Questions, however, remain. What happened to Beaudin and where is she? Who’s the mother of Rasmussen’s daughter, found in the second barrel in 2000, and where is she?

Police believe both women are dead, killed by Rasmussen.

At the conclusion of the 75-minute press conference, unidentified family members of the Bear Brook victims, sitting in a reserved section at the front of the auditorium, filed out quickly, declining to comment.​

None were from New Hampshire, Strelzin of the AG’s office said, adding that the family members requested their home states not be revealed.

“Some were from out west and they traveled a great distance to be here,” Strelzin said.

A statement representing the group read:

“On behalf of our families, we would like to thank everyone who has spent decades tirelessly working to identify our loved ones. This day comes with heavy hearts. Marlyse, Marie and Sarah were so loved by our families and they are greatly missed. We take solace in finally having the answers we have longed for.

“During this difficult time, we are asking for privacy as we process the events that have unfolded over the past week.”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2019, 09:32:12 AM »

The above is confusing to me because of this>>>>>> https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/01/26/authorities-say-man-murdered-own-daughter-girlfriend-and-two-girls/4wlfVCvOkLRi2xMEemRj6H/story.html

DNA points to serial killer in N.H.
By Shelley Murphy and John R. Ellement Globe Staff,March 20, 2017, 11:50 a.m. <<NOTE DATE/before the article I posted above...

CONCORD, N.H. — More than 30 years ago, the bodies of a young woman and girl were found inside a steel barrel in the woods of Allenstown, N.H. Fifteen years later, the skeletal remains of two more little girls were found, just 100 yards away.

The victims were never identified, although DNA tests showed three of them were related. A family had seemingly disappeared without notice. Police were stumped.​

The murders remained unsolved — until now. In a stunning breakthrough, authorities here announced Thursday that a man named Bob Evans, who murdered his wife in California in 2002, had killed the four people, one of whom was his daughter.

He had also probably killed 23-year-old Denise Beaudin, his girlfriend who disappeared in 1981 with her baby daughter.

Beaudin was never found, but her baby survived, cared for by her captor for five years before being abandoned. She was later adopted by a California couple, and went on to lead what appears to be a remarkably normal life, marrying, and having children of her own. But she remained curious about her past — and it was that curiosity that triggered a complex series of events that led to Thursday’s announcement.

In 2014, she submitted her DNA in an effort to find her biological parents, a quest that led to the discovery last summer that Beaudin was her mother.

California investigators alerted New Hampshire authorities to the connection, and Evans was later identified as the man who had abandoned Beaudin’s daughter under another name. In October, DNA evidence showed that Evans was the biological father of the unidentified 2- to 4-year-old whose body was found in Allenstown in 2000.

“We believe we have our killer,” Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffrey Strelzin announced at a news conference Thursday, saying Evans used different aliases while crossing the country and had a history of abusing women and children. “He certainly fits the profile of a serial killer.’’

Investigators hope the revelation will help finally identify the victims found in Allenstown and locate Beaudin, and urged anyone with information to contact them. Evans, who authorities say probably used an alias, died in prison in 2010 under a different name.

Evans lived in New Hampshire from about 1977 to 1981 and worked as an electrician at Waumbec Mills in Manchester, authorities said. He also did electrical work at a store on a property that bordered Bear Brook State Park, where the barrels containing the bodies were later discovered. He sometimes used the property to dispose of material from the mill, authorities said.

In 1985, hunters stumbled upon a barrel containing the decomposing bodies of a woman, believed to be in her mid-20s, and a girl, probably 9 to 11. Fifteen years later, a State Police sergeant newly assigned to the case discovered the second barrel, which contained the skeletal remains of two more girls, one believed to be 3 or 4, and the other 2 or 3.

Beaudin has been ruled out as one of the victims. Investigators have determined that the woman is related to the oldest and youngest girl, but not to the middle child, who was Evans’s daughter. Investigators believe the four victims were killed at the same time, between the late 1970s and 1981.

Authorities said Evans may also have killed the mother of his daughter.

Strelzin said investigators believe Evans murdered Beaudin shortly after she was last seen by relatives in November 1981. Her relatives told authorities they never reported her missing because they believed the couple disappeared because they were having financial difficulties.

Officials said they do not know why Evans decided to keep Beaudin’s daughter, whom he called Lisa, alive for years, during which he may have been the primary caretaker for the child. Lisa has told officials she has “shadowy” memories of a woman being part of her youth, authorities said.

Strelzin speculated that Evans may have used the child as “bait,” to attract other women with children.

“He had a reason for keeping Lisa with him, and then he didn’t want her anymore,’’ Strelzin said.

In June 1986, while Evans was living and working at the Holiday Host trailer park in Scotts Valley, Calif., passing himself off as Gordon Jenson, he abandoned Beaudin’s daughter, leaving her with another family he knew at the trailer park, authorities said.

She was later placed in foster care, adopted, and raised by a loving family, Strelzin said.

Evans was later convicted of abandoning the child and sentenced to three years in prison. He was paroled in 1990 and immediately disappeared, according to authorities.

Now a mother with three children of her own, Beaudin’s daughter provided a DNA profile to an adoption website, which worked with the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Office to identify her.

After discovering the woman’s identity, the sheriff’s office alerted New Hampshire State Police and the Manchester Police Department, ultimately leading to the discovery that Evans was linked to the Allenstown victims.

In a statement read at the news conference, Lisa described herself as “a victim in this incredulous story,” and asked for privacy.

“I have three beautiful children and a loving husband,’’ she said. “I presently have a happy and secure life (that I want) to remain intact.”

Lisa said she had been reunited with her grandfather and cousins and thanked “all the organizations and tireless individuals who made this possible.”

In 2001, Evans, then using the name Lawrence Vanner, married his girlfriend, Eunsoon Jun, in a backyard ceremony in Richmond, Calif., and moved into her home. The following year, she disappeared. Police discovered her murdered and dismembered body covered underneath mounds of kitty litter in the basement.

After he was fingerprinted, authorities discovered that Vanner had previously served time as Curtis Mayo Kimball.

He pleaded guilty and was serving a life sentence in a California prison when he died of natural causes, officials said. It’s not clear how old he was, but he was likely in his late 60s.

Investigators recently searched the Manchester home where Beaudin had lived with Evans, but found no evidence of human remains. They said they plan to conduct further searches of the Allenstown property where the other victims were found.

Evans was an alcoholic, who stole people’s identities and told countless stories about his past, claiming he was born in Wyoming and Texas, and that his wife was murdered in Corpus Christi, according to authorities.

ife he had before he showed up in Manchester.”

When Evans was arrested by Manchester police in 1980 for writing a bad check and stealing electricity, he listed his spouse as Elizabeth. That woman has never been located.

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.