April 27, 2024, 05:45:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #119 3/30/09 - 4/03/09  (Read 227309 times)
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #380 on: March 31, 2009, 01:05:46 PM »

Not sure if this was posted:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-hearing-033109,0,7397632.story

Casey Anthony's attorney asks for private hearing before judge
Jose Baez doesn't want to tip off others about defense's theories

Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
12:08 PM EDT, March 31, 2009
Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, doesn't want the public to know about any defense theories that are being developed.

He filed a request for an ex-parte hearing before Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland. That means he wants to meet with the judge without prosecutors or the public present so "sensitive matters which are critical to the defense can be addressed," according to the document filed late Monday.

In the process of investigating the case, the defense claims they will need to obtain certain records, which could be used at trial. Baez doesn't want to prevent others from know about any theories.

And the items Baez is seeking cannot be obtained through normal discovery process, the legal process of prosecutors turning over investigative information about the case.

That's interesting, thanks 
YW, can anyone explain this to me in layman's terms? 

He doesn't want to tip his hand to the prosecution.   He's going to come up with some crazy theory on what happened to Caylee and it doesn't want everyone jumping on his theories before he can present them in court.    He needs documents to support his theories - and wants to get these documents in secret.  JMO.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #381 on: March 31, 2009, 01:09:26 PM »

Thanks Capp. 

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #382 on: March 31, 2009, 01:10:26 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/breakingnews/orl-bk-casey-anthony-hearing-033109,0,7397632.story

Casey Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez, doesn't want the public to know about any defense theories that are being developed.

He filed a request for an ex-parte hearing before Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland. That means he wants to meet with the judge without prosecutors or the public present so "sensitive matters which are critical to the defense can be addressed," according to the document filed late Monday.

In the process of investigating the case, the defense claims they will need to obtain certain records, which could be used at trial. Baez doesn't want to prevent others from know about any theories.

And the items Baez is seeking cannot be obtained through normal discovery process, the legal process of prosecutors turning over investigative information about the case.

He doesn't want to tip his hand to the prosecution.   He's going to come up with some crazy theory on what happened to Caylee and it doesn't want everyone jumping on his theories before he can present them in court.    He needs documents to support his theories - and wants to get these documents in secret.  JMO.

Yes, Sassy but a violation of the Cannons of Ethis --

Canon 3B(7) provides:
(7) A judge shall accord to every person who has a legal interest in a
proceeding, or that person’s lawyer, the right to be heard according to
law. A judge shall not initiate, permit, or consider ex parte
communications, or consider other communications made to the judge
outside the presence of the parties concerning a pending or impending
proceeding except that:
(a) Where circumstances require, ex parte communications for
scheduling, administrative purposes, or emergencies that do not deal
with substantive matters or issues on the merits are authorized,
provided:
(i) the judge reasonably believes that no party will gain a procedural
or tactical advantage as a result of the ex parte communication, and
(ii) the judge makes provision promptly to notify all other parties of
the substance of the ex parte communication and allows an
opportunity to respond.
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #383 on: March 31, 2009, 01:11:31 PM »

That's the way I see it.  He probably has Lee Anthony working as "Secret Agent Man" in the background to support his theories!   
A_News_Junkie_Monkey
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: March 31, 2009, 01:11:54 PM »

I sure would like to see a video of the kfn meet and greet to see who was wearing light colored pants with a dark colored shirt.Looks like a guy......
Thank goodness someone else sees it too.  I think it is a man too.  The build is male.  I have not heard back from Kathi or JMV - I sent them both an email asking them to see if they can see it better with the real video. 

I could see what you were talking about, also.   It looks too big to be LA.   If it is a man, he looks heavy-set.  JMO.
My order of men would be:  Kronk, George then Lee.  Could be someone totally less obvious - like KFN guy! LOL  Anyone know where the video of that day KFN meet and greet is???? 
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #385 on: March 31, 2009, 01:12:55 PM »

In the process of investigating the case, the defense claims they will need to obtain certain records, which could be used at trial. Baez doesn't want to prevent others from know about any theories.    That doesnt make sense

O wow, this tells me A LOT!    He wants his cake and eat it too, dirty pool.     For months we have heard him whine all the day long about receiving discovery from the State & now he wants exception so he can develop his defense in secret.    WOW  It also shows me he is panicking, if I had to venture a guess I'd say he's very aware of some rather damning evidence. 

CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #386 on: March 31, 2009, 01:13:11 PM »

CC...you are a crackup!
You always give me a giggle...even if it is just looking at your avvie....

Thanks, I need a document dump, especially with lots and lots of pictures.

Hey CC....you're a brave Monkey messing with TurboThink like that. 

I'm just monkeying around

Do No Evil 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: March 31, 2009, 01:13:41 PM »

Thanks  Pooky. So what in the hell does Baez think he is doing?   

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #388 on: March 31, 2009, 01:15:12 PM »

Capps or anyone,,,do you think that George and Cin are privvy to what Casey's defense is planning to claim? or do you think that they are being left out of it? If they are funneling the money to Baez somehow to pay him, wouldn't they insist that they be part of it?

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #389 on: March 31, 2009, 01:16:35 PM »

Yes, Sassy but a violation of the Cannons of Ethis --

Canon 3B(7) provides:
(7) A judge shall accord to every person who has a legal interest in a
proceeding, or that person’s lawyer, the right to be heard according to
law. A judge shall not initiate, permit, or consider ex parte
communications, or consider other communications made to the judge
outside the presence of the parties concerning a pending or impending
proceeding except that:
(a) Where circumstances require, ex parte communications for
scheduling, administrative purposes, or emergencies that do not deal
with substantive matters or issues on the merits are authorized,
provided:
(i) the judge reasonably believes that no party will gain a procedural
or tactical advantage as a result of the ex parte communication, and
(ii) the judge makes provision promptly to notify all other parties of
the substance of the ex parte communication and allows an
opportunity to respond.

Thanks for the info, Pooky!   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #390 on: March 31, 2009, 01:17:56 PM »

He has no idea what he is doing 
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #391 on: March 31, 2009, 01:18:53 PM »

Capps or anyone,,,do you think that George and Cin are privvy to what Casey's defense is planning to claim? or do you think that they are being left out of it? If they are funneling the money to Baez somehow to pay him, wouldn't they insist that they be part of it?

I bet there is more back-stabbing, two-faced BS going on than we all realize.  I hope in the end, everyone of them gets burned!  JMO.
always 1
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #392 on: March 31, 2009, 01:19:47 PM »

I have done the OFFICIAL smiley doc dump dance, this should work.......
Is the one in the suit with glasses, Steel Monkey??? 

I am A1 because I am saucy!!!
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #393 on: March 31, 2009, 01:19:48 PM »

He has no idea what he is doing 

DEFECTIVE !!     
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #394 on: March 31, 2009, 01:21:17 PM »

In the process of investigating the case, the defense claims they will need to obtain certain records, which could be used at trial. Baez doesn't want to prevent others from know about any theories.    That doesnt make sense

O wow, this tells me A LOT!    He wants his cake and eat it too, dirty pool.     For months we have heard him whine all the day long about receiving discovery from the State & now he wants exception so he can develop his defense in secret.    WOW  It also shows me he is panicking, if I had to venture a guess I'd say he's very aware of some rather damning evidence. 

defense theories that are being developed - So this whole time when JB has been saying that everyone is going to be surprised at the truth, and that his client is innocent he was just making that up as they are only NOW developing defense theories.

the items Baez is seeking cannot be obtained through normal discovery process - Sorry JB but pretty sure the Area 51 Alien cloning documents are still sealed.  This would however explain a lot about the entire clan's actions and reactions.
Steel Monkey
Monkey Junky Jr.

KOT

« Reply #395 on: March 31, 2009, 01:21:58 PM »

I have done the OFFICIAL smiley doc dump dance, this should work.......
Is the one in the suit with glasses, Steel Monkey??? 

Looks just like me, doesn't it!!! 
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #396 on: March 31, 2009, 01:22:07 PM »

That's the way I see it.  He probably has Lee Anthony working as "Secret Agent Man" in the background to support his theories!   

No doubt!
PookyBear
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #397 on: March 31, 2009, 01:25:55 PM »

Capp -- you are way more eloquent with words -- can you answer?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #398 on: March 31, 2009, 01:28:24 PM »

I bet there is more back-stabbing, two-faced BS going on than we all realize.  I hope in the end, everyone of them gets burned!  JMO.
You and me, I'm waiting for the moment to see the look on the Anthony's faces, when their little sweetheart is found guilty.
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: March 31, 2009, 01:30:40 PM »

defense theories that are being developed - So this whole time when JB has been saying that everyone is going to be surprised at the truth, and that his client is innocent he was just making that up as they are only NOW developing defense theories.

the items Baez is seeking cannot be obtained through normal discovery process - Sorry JB but pretty sure the Area 51 Alien cloning documents are still sealed.  This would however explain a lot about the entire clan's actions and reactions.

Well, I should have added in my comments that he will not get his way with this.   Pooky's post explains why.    At the very least he can expect is that a judge may hear a motion in chambers with ALL parties present, meaning the defense team, the defendant, & the State.   The judge will never hold a meeting with either party in secret, no way.

I also want to add that this is a very good sign people, it shows he's desperate & stretching.   I also have a gut feeling he has been made aware of some rather damning evidence that he does NOT want made public, this is an attempt to prevent it.   NOT HAPPENING

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.