April 28, 2024, 05:52:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #119 3/30/09 - 4/03/09  (Read 227346 times)
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #480 on: March 31, 2009, 03:50:04 PM »

http://www.wesh.com/news/19054582/detail.html

Jail Denies Anthonys' Request To See Casey
Baez To Depose Orange Co. Corrections Sgt. Today
POSTED: 11:55 am EDT March 31, 2009
UPDATED: 3:02 pm EDT March 31, 2009

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orange County Corrections officials said Tuesday that they have no plans to allow an in-person visit between Casey Anthony, her parents and her brother.

On Monday, a source with direct knowledge of what was going on said the in-person visit was going to happen under the supervision of corrections staff and Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney.

In a written statement released Tuesday, a corrections spokesman said they plan to give Casey "no special treatment" and they have no plans to allow an in-person family visit for Casey Anthony.

Casey Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail. She is charged with murder in her daughter Caylee's disappearance.

Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home in East Orange County on Dec. 11.

Also Tuesday, Baez will be conducting a deposition late Tuesday afternoon.

Baez will question a sergeant from Orange County Corrections at 4 p.m.

He had another deposition scheduled with the Anthony family's former security guard, James Hoover, but that has been delayed until Thursday.

In other news in the case, Baez is asking Judge Stan Strickland for an exparte hearing. He wants to explain why he is requesting to subpoena certain records that he believes may be critical to Casey Anthony's defense, but he wants to block those records from being made public because he doesn't want to divulge what Casey Anthony's defense will be.
Strickland has not yet ruled on whether he will allow the hearing.

I thought all the depos today were resceduled?
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #481 on: March 31, 2009, 03:51:08 PM »

I had to run out for a bit after I posted the link to the JB request, come back &  ! Thanks for all of you who put in your two cents.  I thought it seemed like he was grasping at straws but I figured "who would be that stupid?".  Should have known!

I see still no documents? Heck this is almost as good!

Where are those documents?Do you think they want us to beg instead of dancing? 
The first thing I thought of is "JB ate them"! 

Truth is always the strongest argument. --- Sophocles

Lighting a candle for a boy who needs a lot of love:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=jal 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #482 on: March 31, 2009, 03:51:10 PM »

I bet Cindy isn't very happy. 
Good 
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #483 on: March 31, 2009, 03:54:00 PM »

I hope I did this right. This is a post from WS this person is a lawyer, because there was a problem with posts from WS I left the name of the poster, thought this was interesting.    Originally Posted by Chezhire 
So, I called the Orlando Sentinel and asked for Sarah Lundy, the author of the article I'd snipped from, and asked her how she got a copy of this motion, since it wasn't online as of yet. She said she had to physically go to the courthouse to get it, that she didn't realize it had been filed 'til she went looking. I asked her to put it on the Orlando Sentinel's website, and she said she'd try, but she said she wouldn't promise it.  She says it's only one page total - JBaez lists 5 points (NO LAW - no surprise there, eh???) on why he should get this hearing: "...he's in search for the truth...he's needing to subpoena things...items cannot be obtained through normal discovery through Rule 3.220, FL rule..."

Thanks NoRose. 
I'd like to knock Doughboy's fat azz flat of his back. 

Thanks from me, too!   I wonder what items he's referring to?  Anyone got any ideas?
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #484 on: March 31, 2009, 03:55:46 PM »

I bet Cindy isn't very happy. 
Good 

I don't know if I've ever seen her happy!   I know I've never seen her cry!    Does she have any feelings, I wonder??
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #485 on: March 31, 2009, 03:56:14 PM »

Northern Rose, I am still confused about the depositions too, FWIW 

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #486 on: March 31, 2009, 03:56:23 PM »

http://www.cobblawfirm.com/Rules_Discovery.htm

brief snip

RULE 3.220. DISCOVERY

(a) Notice of Discovery. After the filing of the charging document, a defendant may elect to participate in the discovery process provided by these rules, including the taking of discovery depositions, by filing with the court and serving on the prosecuting attorney a “Notice of Discovery” which shall bind both the prosecution and defendant to all discovery procedures contained in these rules. Participation by a defendant in the discovery process, including the taking of any deposition by a defendant or the filing of a public records request under chapter 119, Florida Statutes for law enforcement records relating to the defendant’s pending prosecution, which are nonexempt as a result of a codefendant’s participation in discovery, shall be an election to participate in discovery and triggers a reciprocal discovery obligation for the defendant. If any defendant knowingly or purposely shares in discovery obtained by a codefendant, the defendant shall be deemed to have elected to participate in discovery.

I remember you, Caylee.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #487 on: March 31, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »

NorthernRose,I saw that a little while ago.I guess that's the only one that is still happening today.I'd like to read it.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #488 on: March 31, 2009, 03:57:09 PM »

I had to run out for a bit after I posted the link to the JB request, come back &  ! Thanks for all of you who put in your two cents.  I thought it seemed like he was grasping at straws but I figured "who would be that stupid?".  Should have known!

I see still no documents? Heck this is almost as good!

Where are those documents?Do you think they want us to beg instead of dancing? 
The first thing I thought of is "JB ate them"! 

You guys are funny today!       I guess we have to wait until Thursday, as Sea would say....
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #489 on: March 31, 2009, 04:00:15 PM »

found this:

(e) Restricting Disclosure. The court on its own initiative or on motion of counsel shall deny or
partially restrict disclosures authorized by this rule if it finds there is a substantial risk to any person of physical harm, intimidation, bribery, economic reprisals, or unnecessary annoyance or embarrassment resulting from the disclosure, that outweighs any usefulness of the disclosure to either party.

and this

g) Matters Not Subject to Disclosure.
(1) Work Product. Disclosure shall not be required of legal research or of records,
correspondence, reports, or memoranda to the extent that they contain the opinions, theories, or conclusions of the prosecuting or defense attorney or members of their legal staffs.
(2) Informants. Disclosure of a confidential informant shall not be required unless the confidential informant is to be produced at a hearing or trial or a failure to disclose the informant’s identity will infringe
the constitutional rights of the defendant.

I remember you, Caylee.
Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #490 on: March 31, 2009, 04:01:10 PM »

Northern Rose, I am still confused about the depositions too, FWIW 

Maybe it is just an administrative problem - couldn't get anyone to do the transcribing/dictation?   Or maybe not enough time?    MonkeyConfused::  just a guess.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #491 on: March 31, 2009, 04:04:16 PM »

Ok GnM...so what you are telling me is this:

By Florida law, Baez is screwed.

Baez you FAIL!

trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #492 on: March 31, 2009, 04:08:18 PM »

Jail Will Not Allow In-Person Casey Visit
Baez To Depose Orange Co. Corrections Sgt. Today

POSTED: 11:55 am EDT March 31, 2009
UPDATED: 4:00 pm EDT March 31, 2009
[NEWSVINE: Jail Will Not Allow In-Person Casey Visit] [DELICIOUS: Jail Will Not Allow In-Person Casey Visit] [DIGG: Jail Will Not Allow In-Person Casey Visit] [FACEBOOK: Jail Will Not Allow In-Person Casey Visit] [REDDIT: Jail Will Not Allow In-Person Casey Visit] [RSS] [PRINT: Jail Will Not Allow In-Person Casey Visit] [EMAIL: Jail Will Not Allow In-Person Casey Visit]
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Orange County Corrections officials said Tuesday that they have no plans to allow an in-person visit between Casey Anthony, her parents and her brother.

On Monday, a source with direct knowledge of what was going on said the in-person visit was going to happen under the supervision of corrections staff and Jose Baez, Casey Anthony's attorney.

In a written statement released Tuesday, a corrections spokesman said they plan to give Casey "no special treatment" and they have no plans to allow an in-person family visit for Casey Anthony.

Special Section

Casey Anthony is being held at the Orange County Jail. She is charged with murder in her daughter Caylee's disappearance.

Caylee's remains were found in a wooded area off Suburban Drive near the Anthony family home in East Orange County on Dec. 11.

Also Tuesday, Baez will be conducting a deposition late Tuesday afternoon.

Baez will question a sergeant from Orange County Corrections at 4 p.m. That corrections officer will be able to shed more light on why Casey Anthony was brought to a nurses' station and her reactions videotaped the day Caylee's remains were found. Baez argues Casey Anthony's attorney-client privilege may have been violated because he is also on that tape.

This week, Baez is also scheduled to depose two of Casey Anthony's friends, more corrections officers and a number of sheriff's detectives. He also plans a second long session with Richard Cain, the deputy who may have missed a chance to find Caylee's remains in August.

He had another deposition scheduled with the Anthony family's former security guard, James Hoover, but that has been delayed until Thursday.

In other news in the case, Baez is asking Judge Stan Strickland for an exparte hearing. He wants to explain why he is requesting to subpoena certain records that he believes may be critical to Casey Anthony's defense, but he wants to block those records from being made public because he doesn't want to divulge what Casey Anthony's defense will be.

Strickland has not yet ruled on whether he will allow the hearing.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19054582/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #493 on: March 31, 2009, 04:08:23 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/19053648/detail.html

Eyewitness News learned early Tuesday afternoon, Baez will depose Jail Sergeant Dennis Moonsammy at 4:00pm. He could be one of the supervisors that witnessed Casey's reaction when she was told about the discovery of Caylee's remains last December.
Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #494 on: March 31, 2009, 04:09:52 PM »

Thanks GnM for the Florida Laws...now can you interpret them? 

JB better get busy! He's got a lot of work to do in the next 6 months.  I want to know why Hoover's depo got delayed...do you think Hoover lawyered up?

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #495 on: March 31, 2009, 04:12:49 PM »

if the Anthonys want to visit, Casey, they are free to do so without special treatment. It says a lot to me that they have not been, not even once since the indictment.

So, what do they want to say to her that they don't want public. Hmmm.

I remember you, Caylee.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #496 on: March 31, 2009, 04:14:34 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/orl-bk-casey-anthony-033109,0,4815037.story

Depositions planned in Casey Anthony criminal case
Casey Anthony's attorney plans to question corrections officers, investigators and others
Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
11:45 AM EDT, March 31, 2009
This week will be busy with depositions in Casey Anthony criminal case.

Times have changed -- and seem to keep changing -- but paperwork filed in the court show an interview planned for today with an Orange County Corrections Sgt. Dennis Moonsammy.

Casey Anthony, 23, is charged with first-degree murder in the death of her daughter, Caylee Marie, whose remains were found in December in a wooded area near the Anthony home.

The depositions -- questioning under oath -- are not open to the public.

So far, Thursday has three more Corrections officers on the list as well as private investigator Jim Hoover, who volunteered his services to the Anthony family. He told investigators he went with private investigator Dominic Casey in November to the same wooded area where Caylee's remains were found a month later. They found nothing. Dominic Casey never told Hoover were the tip came from.

Friday has Alex Roberts, who is the supervisor of Orange County meter reader Roy Kronk. Kronk discovered Caylee's remains on Dec. 11.

In the afternoon, Orange County Sheriff's Investigator Awilda McBryde is set to be questioned under oath. She is an investigator with the missing persons unit. McBryde spoke with Zenaida Gonzalez, a 38-year-old Kissimmee mother of six, about whether she knew Casey Anthony.

Gonzalez said she did not. Casey Anthony told detectives a nanny with the name Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez has her child.

This article has more details on the dance card this week. My question is the item I highlighted in Red: The depositions -- questioning under oath -- are not open to the public.

Surely this means the public will not be able to sit in on the depo but that the results are still under Sunshine Law and will be released?  I hope I am right on this.
Dolce
Monkey All Star

Del senno di poi ne son piene le fosse...

« Reply #497 on: March 31, 2009, 04:16:28 PM »

--------------snippers----------------

This article has more details on the dance card this week. My question is the item I highlighted in Red: The depositions -- questioning under oath -- are not open to the public.

Surely this means the public will not be able to sit in on the depo but that the results are still under Sunshine Law and will be released?  I hope I am right on this.
From what I understand, you are correct!

Lovinlife
Monkey Junky

« Reply #498 on: March 31, 2009, 04:17:17 PM »

Northern Rose, I believe that you are correct.  The press will not be there but the transcripts will be released in discovery, I think.

Sassycat
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #499 on: March 31, 2009, 04:18:38 PM »

Ok GnM...so what you are telling me is this:

By Florida law, Baez is screwed.

Baez you FAIL!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.