April 28, 2024, 11:41:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony #119 3/30/09 - 4/03/09  (Read 227380 times)
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #720 on: April 01, 2009, 09:06:57 AM »

Seeing that its April Fools Day, maybe I for once should be serious....

... naw, ain't gonna happen.

Do No Evil 
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #721 on: April 01, 2009, 09:07:54 AM »

Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition
Baez Files Motion For Confidentiality

POSTED: 8:52 am EDT April 1, 2009
UPDATED: 8:59 am EDT April 1, 2009
[NEWSVINE: Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition] [DELICIOUS: Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition] [DIGG: Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition] [FACEBOOK: Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition] [REDDIT: Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition] [RSS] [PRINT: Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition] [EMAIL: Anthony's Childhood Friend Faces Deposition]
ORLANDO, Fla. -- A childhood friend of Casey Anthony will face some tough questions on Wednesday.

Kiomarie Cruz is scheduled for a deposition with Anthony's attorney, Jose Baez.

Another friend of Anthony's, Amy Huzienga, was also planned to attend a deposition, but her deposition was postponed.

Aside from the depositions, Baez filed a motion asking that sensitive matters critical to the defense remain confidential.

Click To Comment

On the way to a deposition hearing, Baez wouldn't say much about defense theories he's developing. He's asking Judge Stan Strickland to allow him to keep the matters confidential.

"I'm not going to discuss the details of that. I think that's for the court to decide, and I'll leave it at that," Baez said.

Baez filed a motion to keep his efforts to gather evidence a secret. He called the matter critical to the defense.

From the beginning, Baez has said he has information that would explain why Anthony failed to report her daughter's disappearance for more than one month and why he believes she's not guilty of the toddler's murder.

However, legal experts still wonder if Strickland will allow the motion.

"He still has an obligation to disclose them to the state attorney," defense attorney Richard Hornsby said.

Hornsby said Baez can keep his theories secret, but he can't keep subpoenaed records from the state or the person whose records he's seeking.

Hornsby said the plan could backfire if prosecutors learn what records Baez wants.

"Sometimes I subpoena multiple things so that the most important one isn't obvious. In some ways, he's raising a big red flag," Hornsby said.

Baez wouldn't say whether he's confident that Strickland will grant his motion.

http://www.wesh.com/news/19063043/detail.html

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: April 01, 2009, 09:08:34 AM »

Baez keeps Casey Anthony defense theories mum

Sarah Lundy | Sentinel Staff Writer
    April 1, 2009
ORLANDO - Casey Anthony's attorney Jose Baez doesn't want the public to know about defense theories being developed. He filed a request for a hearing before Orange Circuit Court Judge Stan Strickland without prosecutors or the public present so "sensitive matters which are critical to the defense can be addressed," a document filed late Monday says. Neither Strickland nor prosecutors have responded.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/orl-casey-anthony-baez-040109,0,199041.story

trim...thank you for posting the updates!!

this could never happen could it??? I mean, the prosecution would never stand for this...and neither would the judge I wouldn't think...All kinds of stuff could be imagined of what they would talk about behind closed doors with just Baez and the judge present! Baez is nuts..I can't wait till the judge sets him on his fat booty!

SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #723 on: April 01, 2009, 09:08:57 AM »

Baez Seeks Private Meeting With Judge
Attorney Deposes Corrections Officer In Casey Anthony Case

POSTED: Tuesday, March 31, 2009
UPDATED: 6:12 pm EDT March 31, 2009

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19056973/detail.html#-

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lead attorney has requested a private meeting with the judge in his client's first-degree murder case.

Jose Baez filed a motion Tuesday seeking to meet with Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland. The motion seeks to prevent anyone from hearing about the defense team's theory. The motion also indicates that the possible meeting may involve subpoenaing records that may be admitted into evidence.

Meanwhile, Baez deposed a corrections officer on Tuesday at the Orange County courthouse.

Sgt. Dennis Moonsammy was the first person to be deposed this week by Anthony's defense team. The deposition lasted just over an hour.'

Moonsammy is one of several corrections officers who handled a letter written by Anthony on Aug. 14 to then-Sheriff Kevin Beary. The letter requested an in-person meeting between Anthony and her father, George Anthony.

George Anthony is shown asking Casey Anthony to write the letter during a video-taped visitation on the same day.

Months later, Baez filed a court motion alleging police misconduct was tied to the video visitation on Aug. 14.

Moonsammy's attorney, Erick Trivedi, said the deposition questions centered on general jail procedures. He would not comment on whether the letter was brought up during the deposition.

Three other corrections officers are scheduled to be deposed on Thursday.

Casey Anthony, 23, remains jailed in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in December. Caylee was 2 years old when she disappeared over the summer.

We never heard again about the motion alleging police misconduct!  Another Baez blunder?

Whew!  Steel, I am so glad you don't remember hearing anything about this motion either....I was once again doubting my memory!

Rest in Peace Caylee
Natalee, We will never forget.
Zahra, run with the Angels

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #724 on: April 01, 2009, 09:09:58 AM »

Baez is a genius and Casey is an innocent angel.

I couldn't even keep a straight face on that one!!!!

I remember you, Caylee.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: April 01, 2009, 09:10:06 AM »

Well, monkeys, I've had a change of heart. I have thought all along that Casey and Casey alone is guilty, that Zanny the Nanny is just another lie. But I woke up this morning and realized I've been wrong. Who am I to say she doesn't exist? Just because I've never seen Zanny, or any proof that she exisits? Just because it makes no sense whatsoever that a jobless ho would have the need for a nanny? If a nanny falls in the forest and no one is around to laugh at her, does it mean she does not exist? 

And .... now I say ...

Happy April Fool's Day!!!!!  

As I was reading I thought OH NO!
GnM has gone MAD! 

Rest in Peace Caylee

PUT ON YOUR BIG GIRL PANTIES AND GET OVER IT!  It's not about you or me.....It's about the Missing and the Murdered
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: April 01, 2009, 09:10:38 AM »

Posted by SunninTX.
Good Morning Monks....old and new!  Leave it to BJ to depose someone who wasn't even there!!  What an embarrassment to attorneys all over the country this guy is!!

LMAO

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #727 on: April 01, 2009, 09:14:14 AM »

Well, monkeys, I've had a change of heart. I have thought all along that Casey and Casey alone is guilty, that Zanny the Nanny is just another lie. But I woke up this morning and realized I've been wrong. Who am I to say she doesn't exist? Just because I've never seen Zanny, or any proof that she exisits? Just because it makes no sense whatsoever that a jobless ho would have the need for a nanny? If a nanny falls in the forest and no one is around to laugh at her, does it mean she does not exist? 

And .... now I say ...

Happy April Fool's Day!!!!!  

As I was reading I thought OH NO!
GnM has gone MAD! 

I didn't get into the Koolaid. 

But apparently Baez has been into the wacky-tabacky. He's deposing the invisible man. see here he is. you can't see him cause he's invisible. Good Lord!!!

I remember you, Caylee.
SunnyinTX
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #728 on: April 01, 2009, 09:18:46 AM »

Baez is a genius and Casey is an innocent angel.

I couldn't even keep a straight face on that one!!!!

This picture should be put in the dictionary as an example of the word arrogance - : an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

Rest in Peace Caylee

joesamas mama
Monkey Mega Star

Patton is my babe. RIP my Josef I love you both!

« Reply #729 on: April 01, 2009, 09:22:21 AM »

Morning Monkeys, do you think they will release the documents in honor of April Fool's day? It would make me happy! 

My JSM Begging for Ban Button Blog: http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=5458.0

<a href="http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013" target="_blank">http://www.oneplusyou.com/bb/files/countdown/countdown.swf?co=000080&amp;bgcolor=FFFFFF&amp;date_month=01&amp;date_day=20&amp;date_year=1&amp;un=OBAMA IS OUT!&amp;size=small&amp;mo=01&amp;da=20&amp;yr=2013</a>
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #730 on: April 01, 2009, 09:26:36 AM »

You know what arrogance inevitably leads to?

FAILURE.

Baez's false confidence will lead him to lose this case and lose whatever good *cough* repuation he had. And Casey will win a life sentence complete with Big *Hairy* Bertha as her new special friend.

Baez will FAIL massively because he is a cocky idiot.

Casey will fail because she is guilty. Period. End of her story.

I remember you, Caylee.
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #731 on: April 01, 2009, 09:29:09 AM »

This picture reminds me of a young Dorothy and her dog Toto. 

Do No Evil 
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #732 on: April 01, 2009, 09:29:46 AM »

Morning Monkeys, do you think they will release the documents in honor of April Fool's day? It would make me happy! 

You know what would make me happy? If someone played a joke on Casey today like this:

"Casey they found Zanny! You're free to go! PSYCH!!!!"

And yes give us some docs too!!!! 

I remember you, Caylee.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #733 on: April 01, 2009, 09:30:28 AM »

Where are the documents?

~ Peter Frampton
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #734 on: April 01, 2009, 09:30:43 AM »

Baez Seeks Private Meeting With Judge
Attorney Deposes Corrections Officer In Casey Anthony Case

POSTED: Tuesday, March 31, 2009
UPDATED: 6:12 pm EDT March 31, 2009

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/19056973/detail.html#-

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Casey Anthony's lead attorney has requested a private meeting with the judge in his client's first-degree murder case.

Jose Baez filed a motion Tuesday seeking to meet with Orange County Circuit Judge Stan Strickland. The motion seeks to prevent anyone from hearing about the defense team's theory. The motion also indicates that the possible meeting may involve subpoenaing records that may be admitted into evidence.

Meanwhile, Baez deposed a corrections officer on Tuesday at the Orange County courthouse.

Sgt. Dennis Moonsammy was the first person to be deposed this week by Anthony's defense team. The deposition lasted just over an hour.'

Moonsammy is one of several corrections officers who handled a letter written by Anthony on Aug. 14 to then-Sheriff Kevin Beary. The letter requested an in-person meeting between Anthony and her father, George Anthony.

George Anthony is shown asking Casey Anthony to write the letter during a video-taped visitation on the same day.

Months later, Baez filed a court motion alleging police misconduct was tied to the video visitation on Aug. 14.

Moonsammy's attorney, Erick Trivedi, said the deposition questions centered on general jail procedures. He would not comment on whether the letter was brought up during the deposition.

Three other corrections officers are scheduled to be deposed on Thursday.

Casey Anthony, 23, remains jailed in the death of her daughter, Caylee, whose remains were found in December. Caylee was 2 years old when she disappeared over the summer.

We never heard again about the motion alleging police misconduct!  Another Baez blunder?

Morning Steel & everyone!

Yea, Bozo did make a stink about it.   He was in the city for an interview, I believe with the Today Show,  when George & Cindy went to visit Casey.   Bozo was screaming FOUL because he supposedly instructed Casey not to speak to anyone.  In the interview you hear Casey say she wasnt supposed to take the jail visit.   Casey also gets extremely "frustrated" when mom asks her questions & threatened to leave the video visit.  Casey also goes into a conversation that she had to worry about her defense, pretty much saying she had to worry about herself.   Casey also spent a good bit of the visit discussing how she could have gotten out of jail & whining that she wants to come home, even pulling the sympathy angle that she wants to help find Caylee and she couldnt do anything from jail - she was working her parents over.  Then Cindy goes into this whole thing about who else Casey can trust, and suggests that if she needs to talk to someone else she can talk to DOMINIC CASEY.  George suggests the meeting.   They discuss which family member Casey would chose to meet with & she picks George.    Casey then wrote a quick letter addressed to Sgt Beary suggested by her father.

I see no police misconduct since it was at the bequest of her parents.  This was Aug 14th, before she was originally bailed out & well before her murder indictment.  If the jail passed on the note, so be it.    Generally,  if an inmate chooses to meet with people inc. LE  to talk voluntarily & is not coerced to do so or encouraged to so something in secret against attorneys advise, there is no misconduct.  It is not as if detectives showed up at the jail to visit Casey directly & encouraged her to speak to them or anyone else without counsel.    If Casey of her own free will requested the meeting & went thru with it, whatever she said in that meeting would have been subject to being a voluntary statement that could be admissible evidence against her, period.  A defendant is under no obligation to take orders from their attorney, they have the right to say something or act against their attorneys advice so long as it is not coerced by another individual-what the attorney chooses to do in continuing to represent that client is up to them.   A "suggestion" by her parents would not be considered coercion.  George did show up with detectives for the visit but Casey ended up refusing the visit.   Bozo claimed that OC tried to set up his client without his knowledge blah blah blah...waa waa waa

Thus, the discussion of the letter Casey addressed to Sgt Beary, Bozo is still trying to push police misconduct & malicious prosecution with the clinging hope that he can get the case thrown out that way...he has a better chance of seeing God!

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #735 on: April 01, 2009, 09:30:54 AM »

Aww, CC it does. Complete with a yellow brock road and the wicked witch.

Too bad a house didn't fall on Casey before she could hurt that baby. 

I remember you, Caylee.
goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #736 on: April 01, 2009, 09:31:17 AM »

brick 

not brock

I remember you, Caylee.
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: April 01, 2009, 09:31:51 AM »

CC,I like that picture.

~ Peter Frampton
CasuallyCool
Monkey Junky

What a beauty!!!

« Reply #738 on: April 01, 2009, 09:33:16 AM »

Where are the documents?

Easy there, girl.  Don't get your wings in a bunch.   

Do No Evil 
Tevye
Monkey Junky

Burn, baby, burn...'Ol Sparky is waiting for you!

« Reply #739 on: April 01, 2009, 09:38:13 AM »

As long as it is NOT the norm I think a smack on the butt is quite effective also.
Which is why God designed toddlers to wear diapers till they're about 2-3. A smack on the behind is to get their attention, not to cause pain. (but the F word, why, hellyes that got a smack on the mouth!)

Remember Ladies, get the damm mamm!     Thanks, Brandi!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.