March 28, 2024, 03:38:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Austria Elizabeth Fritzl held captive 24 years!!!  (Read 23746 times)
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« on: April 30, 2008, 01:14:28 PM »

I was outraged by this story and today I see that the father is now a suspect in a young girls murder years ago.....will post links to stories below. 

(CNN) -- The woman and children held captive in a cellar for years by their incestuous father will take years to recover from their disturbing ordeal, doctors warned Wednesday as the family at the center of the case remained in psychiatric care.

The bathroom used by Elizabeth Fritzl, who was held captive for more than two decades, and her three children.
Members of the Fritzl family will also be offered the chance to adopt new identities in an effort to help them lead normal lives, officials said.

Hans-Heinz Lenze, the head of local social services said the family was "doing as well as can be expected in the circumstances" and said any change of identity would be the family's decision.

Elizabeth Fritzl -- now 42 -- spent more than two decades in the windowless basement after being drugged, handcuffed and locked up by her father, Josef Fritzl, as an 18-year-old. Repeatedly raped, she gave birth to seven children by Fritzl, one of whom died as an infant.
Three of the children -- Kerstin, 19; Stefan, 18; and Felix, 5 -- remained imprisoned underground with their mother. The other three lived in an apartment upstairs with Fritzl and his wife who believed Elizabeth had abandoned them after running away from home.

Elizabeth and five of the children were continuing to receive treatment at a local clinic near Amstetten after being reunited on Sunday. Kerstin, whose hospitalization at the weekend finally brought the family's plight to the attention of authorities, remained in a coma at a nearby hospital.

"It is astonishing how easy it worked that the children came together, and also it was astonishing how easy it happened that the grandmother and the mother came together," clinic director Berthold Kepplinger said. But Kepplinger warned that the family would require extensive counseling.

"We're talking of 20 years of darkness, incest and its effects and other illnesses they might have suffered from."

Kepplinger said the two sets of children were tentatively getting to know one another, adding that the two boys who had lived underground had an unusual way of communicating with each other.

A policeman who had accompanied the boys to hospital after their discovery on Sunday said the pair had "screamed with excitement" during the car journey as they experienced the outside world for the first time.

"The two boys appeared overawed by the daylight they had never experienced before," said Chief Inspector Leopold Etz. "The real world was completely alien to them... We had to drive very slowly with them because they cringed at every car light and every bump. It was as if we had just landed on the moon."

In an interview with the Austrian newspaper, Oesterreich, psychiatrist Max Friedrich, who treated the abducted teenager Natascha Kampusch, estimated it would take "between five and eight years" for the children to recover from their experiences.

Austrian incest family hold 'astonishing' reunion
Captives held in cellar never saw daylight
Images emerge from 'house of horror'
Another psychologist, Bernd Prosser, told Austrian television that it would be impossible for the four held prisoner underground to lead normal lives. "I am afraid it is too late for that."

Kampusch, the Austrian girl abducted as a 10-year-old and held captive in a basement for more than eight years until she escaped in 2007, also offered her help to the family on Tuesday, but questioned the decision to move them from the cellar into psychiatric care.

"Pulling them abruptly out of this situation, without transition, to hold them and isolating them to some extent, it can't be good for them," said Kampusch, now 20, in an interview with Austrian TV station Puls 4.

"I believe it might have been even better to leave them where they were, but that was probably impossible. This case is not like mine, where that was not my environment. They were born there and I can imagine that there is a strong attachment to that place."

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 01:15:39 PM »

Austria reopens murder case after incest arrest
Police looking into possible link between Fritzl, slaying of young woman
 Video

Ghastly confession
April 28: NBC's Dawna Friesen reports on the case of the Austrian man who confessed to holding his daughter captive for 24 years and fathering her children.
MSNBC.com

Europe video     MORE VIDEO
LSD creator dies
  April 30: Albert Hofmann, the father of the mind-altering drug LSD, died Tuesday. He was 102.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Europe's CDC
Austrian house of horrors

NBC World Blog
 NBC News correspondents and producers around the globe share their insight on news events.

Most popular
• Most viewed  • Top rated  • Most e-mailed

Most common mistakes pet owners make
The 20 saltiest foods in America exposed
Diamond adds sparkle to ‘American Idol’
Best in show: The top 10 most popular dog breeds
Absinthe’s mind-altering mystery solved
Most viewed on msnbc.com
EPA being told what to assess, Congress told
Inquiry: White House delaying chemical tests
DNA results free man after 27 years in prison
Audit: Millions in Iraq contracts never finished
Prescribed pot users face transplant hurdles
Most viewed on msnbc.com
Most common mistakes pet owners make
Absinthe’s mind-altering mystery solved
16-pound tumor removed from girl's face
FDA approves irritable bowel drug
Eyebrow markings become school headache
Most viewed on msnbc.com

updated 9:47 a.m. ET, Wed., April. 30, 2008
AMSTETTEN, Austria - Police are looking into possible links between the murder of a young woman and the man who confessed to holding his daughter captive for 24 years and fathering her seven children, a senior law enforcement official said Wednesday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24385094/

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 01:24:33 PM »

For some reason, I cannot believe that his wife never suspected anything going on  in her basement.  I bet the farm that now that this is all out in the open, there are things she sees as signs that something was amiss.  She herself was probably abused in some form or another....C'mon, he goes to Thailand for vacations without his wife?  Wonder if he met Marten VanDenberg while he was there (I know, sarcastic of me, huh?)

My heart goes out to Elisabeth.  She's just a few months older than me   I cannot imagine having the last 24 years of my life taken from me by holding me a prisoner in a dungeon. 

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2008, 12:52:51 PM »

Incest dungeon teen wants to see oceanStory Highlights
Daughter of Austrian incest victim reunited with family, expected to make full recovery

Kerstin Fritzl, 19, has spent her entire life in cellar

The dungeon was uncovered after she was taken to hospital with illness

Josef Fritzl, 73, has allegedly confessed to incestuous relationship with teen's mom
The 19-year-old woman whose hospitalization exposed a shocking Austrian incest case is recovering well, and wants to see the ocean and a pop concert, her doctors and a family lawyer said Wednesday.

It is nice to hear she is doing so well in her recovery.  I pray that these victims of Fritzel will enjoy life as much as possible and that the monster rots in hell.

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 10:10:17 AM »

Trial has begun for this monster.  He admits the rape but not the slavery or the murder charges.  He shows no remorse for what he has done.  Many stories out there today about the trial.  this one below is his wife and how her life has been ruined.

So sad.l

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/joseffritzl/4998613/Josef-Fritzls-wife-my-life-is-ruined.html

Maine, born and raised!
MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2009, 08:52:59 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509620,00.html

Fritzel pleads guilty on all counts!  I didn't think he'd do it.  It says he was upset by his daughters testimony tape.  They want to put him in the psych ward for his remaining life....HA,  Fry the old perv.  He doesn't deserve to take one more breath or eat another meal paid for by the citizens of Austria.

Maine, born and raised!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 09:02:02 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,509620,00.html

Fritzel pleads guilty on all counts!  I didn't think he'd do it.  It says he was upset by his daughters testimony tape.  They want to put him in the psych ward for his remaining life....HA,  Fry the old perv.  He doesn't deserve to take one more breath or eat another meal paid for by the citizens of Austria.

I agree! nasty piece of doo doo that he is! I read that Elizabeth said that he had even raped her in front of the children! words fail me...Can you imagine her shame? right in front of her kids!

I thought when I saw pictures of the dungeon that Elizabeth had really tried to make it a cheerful home with what little bit she had to work with...it was really clean looking and she had put what looked like stickers up on the cabinets and about the area, maybe it was paint but she was trying to add some color, I thought...She could have just said screw it and not cared how the place looked but I feel that she did what she did for her children's sake...
also, I read that for the first few years her father did not speak to her, he only raped her...YUK!

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 08:19:07 PM »

Hi Cookie

I so agree with you.  I think she tried to make it as cheerful as possible.  This has to be the sickest thing I have heard of.  24 years is a lifetime to be held in a dungeon.  I can't even think about what he did to her.

What do you think of his wife?

She had to have known something....but maybe was abused herself and chose to look the  other way?  I dont know, it bothers me that not once in 24 years did she suspect something about what was going on.  How can you live in a house and NEVER go into the basement, or wonder what your husband is doing down there, or the trips to Thailand without her.  There was just too much there to not know anything at all was  going on......JMHO

Maine, born and raised!
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 09:49:55 PM »

Hi Cookie

I so agree with you.  I think she tried to make it as cheerful as possible.  This has to be the sickest thing I have heard of.  24 years is a lifetime to be held in a dungeon.  I can't even think about what he did to her.

What do you think of his wife?

She had to have known something....but maybe was abused herself and chose to look the  other way?  I dont know, it bothers me that not once in 24 years did she suspect something about what was going on.  How can you live in a house and NEVER go into the basement, or wonder what your husband is doing down there, or the trips to Thailand without her.  There was just too much there to not know anything at all was  going on......JMHO

I think that she had to have known something...If that was me, the minute he left for one of his trips, I would have been down there nosing around to see what he was up to..I would be too curious to never ever check down there..
this was not a young man..did he not ever consider what would have happened to Elizabeth and the children if he had a heart attack and died and they would have been trapped down there to starve to death..? that man is beyond cruel..

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 12:19:58 PM »

I think I'm going to be sick!  

He taught his own SON to do this to his sister and others!!!!  What a sick family.  there is no way in holy hell that her Mother didn't know what was going on.  I hope they dig further into this and find something to charge her too.  I'm sorry, I don't buy it.  24 years and your husband and son are doing this under your nose?  Nope, not buying shge didn't know anything.  

I am totally enraged on this story.  

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29927031/

snip:ROME - Italian police have arrested a 64-year-old man for sexually abusing his daughter during 25 years and encouraging his son to do the same, in a case dubbed "Italy's Josef Fritzl" by the media.

Prosecutors in the northern city of Turin have charged the [man's 41-year-old son with sexual abuse of his sister and his own four daughters, aged between six and 20.
Edit to change red print to blue.  MB
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 09:35:49 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

Maine, born and raised!
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.