April 18, 2024, 02:12:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SANDRA CANTU, 8, missing since 3/27/09 Tracy, CA #1 3/28/09-4/09/09  (Read 364254 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: March 28, 2009, 06:35:55 PM »

« Last Edit: September 27, 2009, 09:03:33 AM by MuffyBee » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »

http://www.kcra.com/news/19035621/detail.html

KCRA.com
Tracy Police Seek Missing Girl
Sandra Cantu, 8, Last Seen On Friday

POSTED: 9:07 am PDT March 28, 2009
UPDATED: 11:29 am PDT March 28, 2009

TRACY, Calif. -- Police are asking the public for help finding a missing 8-year-old girl.

Sandra Cantu was last seen at 4 p.m. Friday in Tracy, police said. She was supposed to be at a friend's house at a mobile home park in Tracy but was not located there.

Cantu is 4 feet tall, weighs 45 pounds and has brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink Hello Kitty T-shirt and black leggings.

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children is assisting in the investigation.

Stay with KCRA and KCRA.com for the latest developments.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2009, 06:39:09 PM »

http://tracypress.com/content/view/17659/2268/

Search for missing girl in Tracy   
Written by TP staff     
Saturday, 28 March 2009 

The Tracy Police Department has set up a mobile command post on West Clover Road as a helicopter searches the area for an 8-year-old girl who has been missing since Friday afternoon.

Sandra Cantu was last seen at 4 p.m. Friday, and the official search began at 8:15 p.m., police said. She was supposed to be at a friend's house in the Orchard Estates mobile home park, where she lives, but she wasn't found there.

Police have searched all night. The FBI, California Highway Patrol, San Joaquin Sheriff's Office, Stanislaus County Sheriff's Office, Tracy Volunteers in Police Services, Tracy Community Emergency Response Team, Tracy Fire Department and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children are helping in the investigation.

Sandra is described as 4 feet tall and 85 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink Hello Kitty T-shirt and black leggings.

Anyone with information that would be helpful in the investigation is asked to call the Tracy police at 831-4550 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2009, 06:42:16 PM »

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=56978&catid=2

Tracy Police Search for Missing 8-Year-Old Girl
Posted By: Lesha Ruffin     1 hr ago

TRACY, CA - Tracy Police Department officers were searching for an 8-year-old girl Saturday missing from her home in a Tracy mobile home park since Friday afternoon.

Sandra Cantu was last seen at the Orchard Estates mobile home park around 4:00 p.m. Friday.

After returning home from school, Sandra left to go to a friend's home inside the same mobile home park around 3 p.m., Tracy police Sgt. Tony Scheneman said. Scheneman said Sandra left the friend's home and was last seen outside her own home around 4 p.m.

Scheneman had no information about who saw the girl or whether family members saw Sandra after she came home from her friend's home. Sandra lives with her mother and grandparents.

The girl's mother called police around 8 p.m.

"We have no indication that an abduction has occurred and it is our hope that (TV) viewers will see Sandra and immediately notify the police department and get her on her way home," Scheneman said.

"It's definitely out of character for her to be gone this long," Sandra's uncle Joe Chavez said. "She always calls and checks in. She's not allowed to leave the mobile home park. She never goes out."

The FBI and the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children were called in Saturday to assist in the search. After canvassing area parks and schools overnight, authorities were contacting all the park's residents Saturday to uncover more information, Scheneman said.

Sandra Cantu was described as 4 feet tall, 45 pounds with brown eyes and hair. She was last seen wearing a pink Hello Kitty t-shirt and black leggings.

"She's a very friendly girl and I just pray she's ok. If she's out there, we just want her to come home," Sandra's aunt Angie Chavez said.

If you have any further information about Cantu's whereabouts please contact the Tracy Police Department general number at 831-4550 or Det. Tim Bauer at 321-4461.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2009, 07:11:24 PM »

Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park
812 W. Clover Road
Tracy, CA  95376

Sex Offenders within 2 miles

http://www.meganslaw.ca.gov/search_main.aspx?searchtype=zipcode&lang=ENGLISH

Within 3/4 mile (upper left blue dot on map above)

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 08:17:46 PM »

In the comment section:
http://tracypress.com/content/view/17659/2268/

written by Roadtrippin , March 28, 2009
An amber alert has not been initiated becuase, unfortunatley, this case has not met the criteria for an amber alert to be issued. There has to be a description of the suspect(s), and/or vehicle description. As more information is obtained an amber alert will assuredly be posted as the FBI are currently involved in the case. Tracy is a town that pulls together in difficult situations and protects our own, as evidenced yesterday by the crowds of people at various intersections of our Tracy streets lining the funeral procession of Sgt. Dunakin in support. We now have the duty to pull together once again. This time to help a mother whose grieving the loss of her 8 year old daughter. Anyone who is available to help in these, most urgent first few days, please come to the Command Center set up at the Micro Tell Hotel at Tracy Boulevard and Clover Road near Highway 205. Tracy is an earth of its own, every individual bringing something unique and special to us, a loss of one girl may not matter as much in a big city, but Tracy is a whole and we are united through it all.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 08:19:10 PM »

Thank you Klaas.
Needless to say, I am very concerned.

Am I correct, there is her home in this mobile home park, and she actually lives in a different one?  
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 08:27:51 PM »

Thank you Klaas.
Needless to say, I am very concerned.

Am I correct, there is her home in this mobile home park, and she actually lives in a different one?  

That I'm not sure about.  She was supposed to be at a friends house in the mobile home park but I got the impession the family home and friends home were both in the same park.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 10:50:19 PM »

I remember a case from last year that is ringing in my ears right now. Hser Moo http://www.abc4.com/news/local/story/Man-charged-with-murder-of-Hser-Ner-Moo-body/bvzsNWe3yE6XLf16atCxdA.cspx

That and Jessica Lunsford are screaming in my ear right now. The non-amber alert is not about having a description of a vehicle, that's ludicrous.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 11:23:18 PM »

http://www.foxreno.com/news/19037015/detail.html
TRACY, Calif. -- Police are looking for a missing 8-year-old girl in the largest missing person search Tracy has seen in at least a decade.

The FBI has also been involved in the search which started at 8:15 p.m. Friday night, four hours after the little girl was last seen in the mobile home park where she lives.

Sandra Cantu, a second grader from Jacobsen Elementary, was last seen around 4 p.m. Friday afternoon after leaving her neighbor's house in the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park.

“We saw her yesterday at our house,” said neighbor Nahum Diaz. “She was playing with my 5-year-old sister. Then she left, she told her she had to go do her homework, and I didn't see her anymore.”

Saturday, family and more than 50 volunteers walked door to door handing out fliers with the girl's picture while police searched nearby schools and parks. FBI agents also began stopping every car entering or leaving the complex and searching trunks. Police are concerned about the neighborhood's proximity to Interstate 580. It's less than half a mile from the freeway entrance.

“It's just a long time for an 8-year-old to be gone,” said Tracy Police Sgt. Tony Sheneman. “We're very concerned about that.

Sandra's cousin says the little girl lived with her mother and grandparents and that the father has never been in the child's life and may be living in Mexico.

“She's got a fiery personality,” said her cousin, Janet Anderson. “She is very -- and this is what scares me -- she's very friendly. She just loves everybody and is very trusting.”

Candice Vega says just two weeks ago she warned her little cousin about being safe.

“I told her, ‘Gosh, you're so pretty and cute and little’. I said, ‘you know you're not supposed to talk to strangers, right?’ She said ‘yeah’. I said, ‘because there's a lot of bad people who like to take pretty, little girls like you’. She said, ‘Do you know anyone who's been kidnapped?’ I said, ‘No, but I see it on TV all the time’."

She describes Sandra as a happy girl who was close with her family and wasnt the type to run off.

The family told KTVU about an incident at the mobile home park pool two years ago, when a middle aged male resident came up to the then 6-year-old and kissed her on the mouth.

Police say they've searched several homes in the mobile home park and have no persons of interest and no evidence of an abduction.

“She's an awesome sister,” said her sister Simone Chavez. “She's always happy. She's always doing carwheels. And I want her to come back home, you know?”

Sandra Cantu has light brown hair, brown eyes, is 4 feet tall and weighs 45 lbs. She was last seen wearing a Hello Kitty t-shirt, a striped dress and black leggings.

Anyone with information is asked to call the National Center For Missing And Exploited Children at 1-800-the-lost or Tracy police at 209-831-4550.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 12:34:37 AM »

http://tracypress.com/content/view/17660/2268/

Missing 27 hours   
Written by TP staff     
Saturday, 28 March 2009 

An FBI agent questions a driver on West Clover Road about the missing girl. Glenn Moore/Tracy PressToday's search for missing Sandra Cantu, a Jacobson Elementary School second-grader, hasn't let up, 26 hours after she was last seen at her home in the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park. 

Police, FBI question drivers and check trunks of cars going in and out of mobile home park, in search of missing girl.

"We're turning over everything we can," Sgt. Tony Sheneman said during a 5 p.m. press conference. "We'll keep going until we find out she's safe."

Investigators set up a checkpoint late this afternoon on Clover Road near the entrance to Orchard Estates, where they stopped every car going in or out.

Eight--year-old Sandra, daughter of Maria Chavez and Danny Cantu, was last seen after she returned home from a friend's house, shortly after 3:30 p.m. Friday.

Friends and family plan a "vigil of hope" at 8 p.m. today near the entrance to the mobile home park, 812 W Clover Road.

Sheneman said there are no indications that the girl has been harmed. Registered sexual offenders who live in the area have been interviewed, and surveillance cameras at the nearby hotels show nothing suspicious.

Danny Cantu, Sandra's father, is believed to be in Mexico, and Sheneman said he isn't considered a kidnapping suspect.

"The mother said he hasn't been involved in the family for a long time," he said. 

Sandra is 4 feet tall and weighs 45 pounds with brown hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a pink Hello Kitty T-shirt and black leggings. She was reported missing at 7:53 p.m. Friday, and a search was started 15 minutes later.

Joining Tracy police are investigators from the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, California Highway Patrol helicopters, San Joaquin Sheriff's Office, Stanislaus County Sheriff's bloodhounds, FBI, Tracy Volunteers in Police Services and the Tracy Community Emergency Response Team.

Anyone who has information that would be helpful in finding Sandra is asked to call the police department at 831-4550 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678. 

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 11:50:17 AM »

Can anyone local please keep us up to date.

There is no Amber Alert because she apparently never left the park. Again I say, Hser Moo all over again. She was found in the apartment of a family friend ALL UNREGISTERED on the lease and Illegal aliens. Point is, no way to track that information. And again, like other cases we know about, residents of that apartment were not home when it was canvassed, when they finally were, she was found deceased, within a few hours of her disappearance.

There are two seperate comments in the above article Klaas posted that are of major interest to me:

You have a cousin warning her that she is pretty and strangers will be attracted to her, etc.. (para)

AND

You have an alleged incident of an elderly man kissing her on the mouth at the pool when she was six years old.

I commend Tracy LE for calling in the FBI immediately.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 12:09:30 PM »

Can anyone local please keep us up to date.

There is no Amber Alert because she apparently never left the park. Again I say, Hser Moo all over again. She was found in the apartment of a family friend ALL UNREGISTERED on the lease and Illegal aliens. Point is, no way to track that information. And again, like other cases we know about, residents of that apartment were not home when it was canvassed, when they finally were, she was found deceased, within a few hours of her disappearance.

There are two seperate comments in the above article Klaas posted that are of major interest to me:

You have a cousin warning her that she is pretty and strangers will be attracted to her, etc.. (para)

AND

You have an alleged incident of an elderly man kissing her on the mouth at the pool when she was six years old.

I commend Tracy LE for calling in the FBI immediately.
Those two comments just jumped out at me also, prayers that little Sandra comes home safe.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 12:53:25 PM »

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090329/A_NEWS/903290310

Police, volunteers search for girl
8-year-old last seen at Tracy mobile home park

By Christian Burkin
March 29, 2009
Record Staff Writer

TRACY - A video camera mounted on Sandra Cantu's mobile home filmed the girl running down the street to play.

The 8-year-old girl hasn't been seen since.

She also wasn't seen leaving Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park, whose entrance at 812 W. Clover Road also is monitored by security camera, said Sandra's cousin, Janet Anderson.

"It's going on 24 hours and it's getting really scary," Anderson said Saturday afternoon.

Sandra, a second-grader at Tracy's Jacobson School, went to play with some friends in the neighborhood sometime Friday afternoon. They weren't home, so she went skipping off somewhere else, but she wouldn't have wandered far on her own, said her uncle, Joe Chavez.

"She never goes out of the park," he said. "She's not allowed and she always obeys."

A few hours later, Sandra's family reported her missing to the Tracy Police Department, initiating a massive search effort that drew local, state and federal law enforcement agencies as well as volunteers from the community.

"It seems like everybody in town is just pouring out to help," Chavez said.

The Tracy Police Department set up a command post at a motel near the mobile home park. Volunteers, in green vests, clustered under a nearby shelter.

One of those volunteers was Rebecca Hullar, whose daughter was one of the last people to see Sandra before her disappearance. Hullar's daughter told her Sandra said she was going to run away, which she wanted to believe, but didn't.

"It made my hopes higher that she's out there," she said. "But no."

Anyone with information about Sandra Cantu's whereabouts is asked to call the Tracy Police Department at (209) 831-4550 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2009, 01:06:29 PM »

NEW BLINK POST: Missing Child Sandra Cantu from Tracy, Ca   FBI On Scene

http://blinkoncrime.com/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=773&_wp_original_http_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fblinkoncrime.com%2Fwp-admin%2Fedit.php&message=1

Particularly disturbing is the families recount of an incident that occurred at the swimming pool two years ago when Sandra was six. They stated that an elderly man, whom they did not name, walked up to Sandra at the pool and kissed the little girl on the mouth.

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2009, 01:21:25 PM »

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090329/A_NEWS/903290310

Police, volunteers search for girl
8-year-old last seen at Tracy mobile home park

By Christian Burkin
March 29, 2009
Record Staff Writer

TRACY - A video camera mounted on Sandra Cantu's mobile home filmed the girl running down the street to play.

The 8-year-old girl hasn't been seen since.

She also wasn't seen leaving Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park, whose entrance at 812 W. Clover Road also is monitored by security camera, said Sandra's cousin, Janet Anderson.

"It's going on 24 hours and it's getting really scary," Anderson said Saturday afternoon.

Sandra, a second-grader at Tracy's Jacobson School, went to play with some friends in the neighborhood sometime Friday afternoon. They weren't home, so she went skipping off somewhere else, but she wouldn't have wandered far on her own, said her uncle, Joe Chavez.

"She never goes out of the park," he said. "She's not allowed and she always obeys."

A few hours later, Sandra's family reported her missing to the Tracy Police Department, initiating a massive search effort that drew local, state and federal law enforcement agencies as well as volunteers from the community.

"It seems like everybody in town is just pouring out to help," Chavez said.

The Tracy Police Department set up a command post at a motel near the mobile home park. Volunteers, in green vests, clustered under a nearby shelter.

One of those volunteers was Rebecca Hullar, whose daughter was one of the last people to see Sandra before her disappearance. Hullar's daughter told her Sandra said she was going to run away, which she wanted to believe, but didn't.

"It made my hopes higher that she's out there," she said. "But no."

Anyone with information about Sandra Cantu's whereabouts is asked to call the Tracy Police Department at (209) 831-4550 or the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children at 1-800-843-5678.

KLAAS, thanks, I just included that link in my article as well.
I gotta be honest. Maybe nothing, but my hinky meter that the last people to see her, and a comment that she was planning to run away, she goes home and leaves again.. You see where  I am going here. I wonder if the man connected to the pool incident is related to the Hullar's in any way. An 8 year old telling a 5 year old she is going to run away, she stayed briefly, did something happen at the house?

My questions:
1) Who has not answered their door or allowed LE to search their home in the park? Who was not home Fri and Sat but now is?
2) Who did LE find in those properties that are adults, SO's or did not produce ID?
3) Do the vehicles there match the registrants? Do the plates and VINS match?
4) Who has relatives that are SO's? Recent parollees, any recent crimes in the park?
5) Was the pool incident reported and checked out?
6) Was there anyone in Sandra's home when she returned from the neighbors and left again? I am going to assume not as she was not reported missing until 8PM. What's with that? That really bothers me that noone has contact with an 8 year old child since after school and it's 8 PM before they know she's missing?
7) Neighbors been questioned as to who has recently moved in or been evicted?
Cool Confirmation that Sandra had homework
9) Have the older siblings (if there are) been questioned.
10) Any DCF history?
11) Has anything of hers been found in the area? Anything of hers missing from the home?
12) Who else was she known to play off or speak to.
13) Why was her family obviously concerned over her safety or "socialness"?

Thats my short list at the moment.  This is one of those cases I already hate- hate.   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2009, 01:25:51 PM »

http://blinkoncrime.com/wp-admin/post.php?action=edit&post=773&_wp_original_http_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fblinkoncrime.com%2Fwp-admin%2Fedit.php&message=1

Particularly disturbing is the families recount of an incident that occurred at the swimming pool two years ago when Sandra was six. They stated that an elderly man, whom they did not name, walked up to Sandra at the pool and kissed the little girl on the mouth.

Thanks, Blink, I just don't feel good about this, she is such a beautiful child. I'm wondering if this elderly man still lives there?
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2009, 01:33:03 PM »

Thanks, Blink, I just don't feel good about this, she is such a beautiful child. I'm wondering if this elderly man still lives there?

I dont either Rose, I posted my questions as well. I am repeating myself from last night, but this so reminds me of Hser's case, I couldnt bring myself to put it in the article though, lest the family sees it.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2989692

This case haunted me, again no report to police until much later, no amber alert until the second day, she was dead before they even knew she was missing. I pray that is not the case here, but I fear the answer is in that very park.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2009, 01:48:56 PM »

it is disturbing that there was no amber alert for this little girl! even if there was no auto description in this case...drivers  who might not read the papers or listen to the new would get the info through the amber alert...it is just another valuable tool to get the word out about a missing child......
Hopefully she will be found soon...

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2009, 02:26:59 PM »

Real good questions Blink, and I really don't see a 8 year old telling a 5 year old about running away from home, and if she did, why would an 8 year old be saying such a thing? And it bothers me very much that Sandra wasn't reported missing until hours later, I wonder when she gets home from school if there is nobody home, and they return later from work? I can't imagine letting someone that age come home after school and nobody is home, but that's me.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.