April 27, 2024, 09:04:25 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SANDRA CANTU, 8, missing since 3/27/09 Tracy, CA #1 3/28/09-4/09/09  (Read 364475 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2009, 02:28:55 PM »

Do we know who Manuel Chavez is?  Seems he lived or lives at the house too.

Uhoh.

I hesitate to comment on that because there are so many multiple names in this community, but I will say there is a Manuel Trujillo V, brother to the SO I posted earlier.

What is odd to me, is I cant validate the names living in the home of the playmate in that complex. Why?
That's strange, is that the five year old that was told by Sandra she was running away? That doesn't seem right to me, this running away story.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2009, 02:46:03 PM »

Uhoh.

I hesitate to comment on that because there are so many multiple names in this community, but I will say there is a Manuel Trujillo V, brother to the SO I posted earlier.

What is odd to me, is I cant validate the names living in the home of the playmate in that complex. Why?
That's strange, is that the five year old that was told by Sandra she was running away? That doesn't seem right to me, this running away story.

yes, I find it odd. Even if it were true, would you say that to a reporter concerning a missing girl that your daughter played with?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2009, 02:55:35 PM »

http://www.tracypress.com/

Foundation offers $5,000 reward       
Written by Press staff     
Monday, 30 March 2009 

A private foundation has put up $5,000 for information that leads to the return of a Jacobson Elementary School second-grader who been missing since Friday.

A nonprofit foundation will give $5,000 for information leading to the return of an 8-year-old Tracy girl who’s been missing since Friday afternoon.

Sandra Cantu, a Jacobson Elementary School second-grader, was last seen around 4 p.m. Friday after she left her family’s home in Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park on West Clover Road. She said she was going to visit a friend’s house, and hasn’t been seen since.

Last weekend, hundreds of volunteers and several law enforcement agencies combed four square miles of Tracy in search of Sandra.

The Carole Sund/Carrington Foundation offers rewards in cases like Sandra’s. The organization has offered $272,600 since 1999, which foundation spokesman Scott Webb said has helped locate nine missing people, 37 murder suspects, three kidnappers and one suspect charged with attempted murder of a peace officer.

The foundation was formed in honor of Carole and Julie Sund and Silvina Pelosso — three sightseers who went missing and were later found killed in Yosemite National Park 10 years ago.

While they were missing, the Sunds’ parents, Francis and Carole Carrington, posted rewards for information leading to their daughters’ safe return. The family believes that posting the rewards and the media attention they received helped police and the FBI find the missing women and helped them solve the case.

Tracy Crimestoppers and the FBI have also offered a $2,000 reward for information about the girl's whereabouts. The phone number for Crimestoppers is 831-6847.

Police will hold a press conference about the reward money at 1 p.m. today outside the Tracy Police Department, 1000 Civic Center Plaza.

For information: 831-4550.

•Contact a Tracy Press reporter or editor at 835-3030 or tpnews@tracypress.com.This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2009, 03:01:14 PM »

Uhoh.

yes, I find it odd. Even if it were true, would you say that to a reporter concerning a missing girl that your daughter played with?

IMO - only if you wanted to shift the focus elsewhere....     

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #104 on: March 30, 2009, 03:31:59 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/03/30/sandra-cantu-missing-ca-girl-family-cleared-sex-offender-added-to-most-wanted-list/

Sandra Cantu Missing CA Girl : Family Cleared- Sex Offender Added to Most Wanted List
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #105 on: March 30, 2009, 03:38:12 PM »

Uhoh.

IMO - only if you wanted to shift the focus elsewhere....     

Im trying not to go there but I have learned when something is tugging at my hinky meter it usually means something.
I really got the opinion that LE thinks she ran away, but the family says no way. What plans does an 8 year old make to run away and vanish without it being some endangered situation? I dunno.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #106 on: March 30, 2009, 03:42:42 PM »

NEW BLINK POST:

http://blinkoncrime.com/2009/03/30/sandra-cantu-missing-ca-girl-family-cleared-sex-offender-added-to-most-wanted-list/

Sandra Cantu Missing CA Girl : Family Cleared- Sex Offender Added to Most Wanted List

Thanks, and thanks Blink, wonder why LE believe Sandra will be found alive?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #107 on: March 30, 2009, 03:46:07 PM »

I can't imagine an 8 year old running away, maybe for a couple hours, and maybe real close to home, even hiding in the house or yard, until they get bored, or hungry and then that's it. Or, and I hate going here, something was going on in the home, and she felt running away was her only choice. This running away does not sit well with me.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #108 on: March 30, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »

I can't imagine an 8 year old running away, maybe for a couple hours, and maybe real close to home, even hiding in the house or yard, until they get bored, or hungry and then that's it. Or, and I hate going here, something was going on in the home, and she felt running away was her only choice. This running away does not sit well with me.

ITA.  i find it hard to believe that LE would even consider this from an 8 year old girl.  however, it does seem that she may have been more mature than most 8 year olds but still. 

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #109 on: March 30, 2009, 04:17:46 PM »

ITA.  i find it hard to believe that LE would even consider this from an 8 year old girl.  however, it does seem that she may have been more mature than most 8 year olds but still. 

I have no answer, I am remaining open minded, but let's assume LE actually thinks what they are saying-
WHAT IF THEY ARE WRONG?

How have the excluded the possibility she has been abducted? Simple question, answer that to our satisfaction and I'll cool it.
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #110 on: March 30, 2009, 04:27:07 PM »

I have no answer, I am remaining open minded, but let's assume LE actually thinks what they are saying-
WHAT IF THEY ARE WRONG?

How have the excluded the possibility she has been abducted? Simple question, answer that to our satisfaction and I'll cool it.

Exactly! 

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #111 on: March 30, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »

Oops, also meant to add....so they have no evidence that she was abducted....but i dont think they have any evidence that she ran away either....both instances would probably leave the *same* evidence.....   

at this point, I am hoping for the best.....i have a feeling she is still somewhere in that park. 

wonder if the search dogs went with LE INTO all of the homes???

Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #112 on: March 30, 2009, 04:44:10 PM »

Oops, also meant to add....so they have no evidence that she was abducted....but i dont think they have any evidence that she ran away either....both instances would probably leave the *same* evidence.....   

at this point, I am hoping for the best.....i have a feeling she is still somewhere in that park. 

Yes Leroy, I have to believe she is. I can cite 3 other cases where it all looked like this at first and all went really bad really quickly; lets hope we are wrong.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #113 on: March 30, 2009, 04:50:13 PM »

Yes Leroy, I have to believe she is. I can cite 3 other cases where it all looked like this at first and all went really bad really quickly; lets hope we are wrong.
I have a feeling she is also still in the park. As far as going to all the homes, I may be wrong, but if LE comes knocking to look inside, and you don't want them in your home for whatever reason you don't have to let them, right? They can get a search warrant, but they have to have a very good reason for that, maybe that is enough, that a child is missing, I don't know.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #114 on: March 30, 2009, 05:02:59 PM »

I have a feeling she is also still in the park. As far as going to all the homes, I may be wrong, but if LE comes knocking to look inside, and you don't want them in your home for whatever reason you don't have to let them, right? They can get a search warrant, but they have to have a very good reason for that, maybe that is enough, that a child is missing, I don't know.

Absolutely. You cant get a warrant with no amber alert or evidence of a crime, that being said, I just dont see how they had enough man power to search every house in 2 days in the first place. I want to hear that statement clarified.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #115 on: March 30, 2009, 05:14:18 PM »

HLN is talking about her now...

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #116 on: March 30, 2009, 05:35:13 PM »

Shoot I missed....anything new?

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #117 on: March 30, 2009, 05:39:44 PM »

Shoot I missed....anything new?

the mom was on there ....she said that Sandra was very friendly, outgoing...
she begged whoever had her to let her go...
they have video from surveillance camera of Sandra leaving her house after school..
the police have questioned the gentleman in question who apparently kissed her...no one has been cleared at this time...they do not suspect foul play...

it will be repeated on the 5:00 HLN  .....for me at least HLN comes on at 4 and again at 5...usually the same stories...I usually watch it twice anyways in case I miss something...

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #118 on: March 30, 2009, 05:46:43 PM »

Thanks Cookie - i'm gonna try and catch the re-run.

spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #119 on: March 30, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »

I don't know if they have been through every house in that park yet or not, but they are definitely still there.  There were at least 6 or 7 cop cars in that entrance.  I didn't go in, so I don't know if there were more inside the park or not.  At this time, there is no volunteer search going on.  I tried from 10 a.m. this morning on.  I finally came home.

There is something to be said for Cindy Anthony getting as much air time as she did.  It doesn't seem to me that little Sandra is getting near as much attention.  Of course, I guess if they had waited 30 days to report her missing, that would make it more newsworthy!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.