April 27, 2024, 10:16:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SANDRA CANTU, 8, missing since 3/27/09 Tracy, CA #1 3/28/09-4/09/09  (Read 364533 times)
spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1520 on: April 07, 2009, 04:33:03 PM »

Doubtful that a farm worker would have had a nice piece of luggage like that.  Someone at that motel would have luggage though.

Very good point!
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1521 on: April 07, 2009, 04:37:48 PM »

Search Warrants Target Church Near Mobile Home Park Where Sandra Cantu Lived
Created by Brian Shields on 4/7/2009 3:26:04 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TRACY (KRON) -- Tracy police say the search for Sandra Cantu's killer is moving forward on several fronts.

An autopsy on the eight-year old girl's remains was underway late Tuesday morning.  Detectives are awaiting the results to find out exactly how the child died.  Her remains were found inside a suitcase in an irrigation pond about two miles from the mobile home park where she lived.

Authorities say they are following several leads.  Investigators served a search warrant Monday night on a home in the park.   By Tuesday morning authorities had cordoned off the nearby Clover Road Baptist Church.  Investigators confirm they have talked with the church's pastor as well as everyone else who lives at the mobile home park.  Police won't say whose home was searched but witnesses have told reporters they only saw investigators at the pastor's home.  Officials insist no suspects have been ruled in or out and no one is in custody in connection with the child's murder.

"We've been receiving a lot of calls and messages from the public wanting to send cash donations as well as cards of condolence and flowers," Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said during a Tuesday morning news conference. We're asking that all mail be sent to the Tracy Police department.  We have a liason working with the family.  As far as cash donations, if anyone is still interested in doing that, if they would please contact the Sund-Carrington Foundation in MOdesto.  They will be coordinating that portion of the outpouring of support for the family."

KRON 4 will broadcast a planned 3:30 p.m. Tuesday news conference updating the case.  We will also have a one-hour special celebrating the life of Sandra Cantu and focused on the investigation into her killing tonight at 9:00 p.m.
(Copyright 2009, KRON 4, All rights reserved.)

http://www.kron.com/News/ArticleView/tabid/298/smid/1126/ArticleID/961/reftab/36/t/Search-Warrants-Target-Church-Near-Mobile-Home-Park-Where-Sandra-Cantu-Lived/Default.aspx

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1522 on: April 07, 2009, 04:38:23 PM »

Has this been posted....or n the news...

There are 2 POIs being interviewed right now. There is also a church that has been taped off with crime scene tape that the police feel is part of the crime scene. Hopefully justice will be swift for Sandra, may she RIP. Her poor, poor family
thank-you 
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #1523 on: April 07, 2009, 04:40:44 PM »

According to this article, this POI has no criminal background.

Church pastor lives in mobile home park

by Jennifer Wadsworth / TP staff23 mins 24 secs ago | 179 views | 1  | 0  |  |  slideshow slideshow 
Play | Stop | << Previous | Next >>
Image 2 of 2Clifford Lane Lawless

The pastor of a church police cordoned off as a crime scene lives in the mobile home park where a Tracy girl lived before she was found dead in a suitcase north of town.

Clifford Lane Lawless of the Clover Road Baptist Church lives in Space 57 at Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park, property records show, where 8-year-old Sandra Cantu lived with her mom, grandparents and siblings before her March 27 disappearance.

Police and FBI searched his church — which sits about 100 yards away from the mobile home park — and an Orchard Estates home soon after they announced they had found the missing girl’s body Monday night. Cops refused to say whether the mobile home they searched belongs to Lawless.

As of this afternoon, no arrests have been made and no suspects named. An autopsy is underway to determine how Sandra died.

Lawless lives in the mobile home park with his wife, Connie Lawless, according to city property records. He has owned the home since the mid-1990s.

Investigators put up crime scene tape around Clover Road Baptist last night and plan to search the place again sometime this afternoon, said Tracy police spokesman Sgt. Tony Sheneman.

No one in the neighborhood surrounding Orchard Estates said they attend the Baptist church. About a dozen neighbors said they don’t know anyone who does, and that it has a tiny congregation.

Folks from a Jehovah’s Witness church across the street from Lawless’ church said they've never talked to anyone from the congregation. Pastors, members and elders of a handful of other churches in northern Tracy said the same thing.

Lawless has no criminal history and no civil lawsuits against him in San Joaquin County, court records show. The only property he owns in San Joaquin County is his mobile home.

A bio on his church’s Web site says Lawless converted to Christianity 49 years ago in Washington state and was ordained as a pastor 11 years later.

He received a degree in theology from the Baptist Theological Seminary of Hayward and the Alisal Baptist Institute of Salinas, according to the Web site. He has led churches in Southern California and in Mountain View and Eureka.

He was appointed pastor of the Baptist church in Tracy in 1981. He married his wife in 1960 in Modesto, the Web site continues. They have three grown children together — Brian, Brett and Joni, “who are all involved in God’s work” — and nine grandchildren.

Lawless’ name is the fourth to have come up in the missing person-turned murder investigation. Police served search warrants on 60-year old martial arts teacher Frank Wohler, who lived behind Sandra’s home and said he kissed her on the lips two years ago just to be nice.

Christian Sinclair, 49 — who’s depicted in court records as abusive and alcoholic — was arrested last week for obstructing the investigation. Police searched his home, too.

Sinclair’s friend, David Slayter, 44, was then taken to the police station for questioning last week as the FBI and Stockton and Tracy police searched his home and took out several items.

http://www.tracypress.com/pages/full_story?page_label=home&article-Church%20pastor%20lives%20in%20mobile%20home%20park%20=&id=2260319-Church+pastor+lives+in+mobile+home+park&widget=push&instance=home_news_lead_story&open=&
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1524 on: April 07, 2009, 04:40:44 PM »

Thanks Leroy.  Also here is a link to the guest book of the church, further down in the guest book, are comments that pertain to this situation      http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/guest_book.htm
Kimmy53
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1525 on: April 07, 2009, 04:51:37 PM »

SO's use positions of trust - ie: clergy, coaches, teachers etc. and just because they may have no criminal record doesn't mean they haven't been abusing all along.

It is scary knowing the registered SO's that are out there.  What is even more scary are the ones who have not been caught. 

~Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up everytime we fail~
Cappuccino
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1526 on: April 07, 2009, 05:23:06 PM »

Hey ya everyone,

I'm getting a very late start today.   I read back a bit to catch up, sounds like they have strong leads & an arrest seems imminent. I hope so, if I had a preference it would sound very crude with what I'd like to see happen to this monster.   Did I read correctly that Sandra's mom was in the hospital?    Is the next presser still scheduled for 3:30 Pacific time?

I believe Sandra's mom fainted and was taken to the hospital last night.  Not sure if she is still there.  Yes, PC at 3:30pm.

Tks Klaas.   O goodness I prayed for Sandra's family all night into today.  I can't imagine...but how many times have we all said this regarding cases like this.   Her family is going to need enormous support & extensive counseling, no words can help at the moment.   I'll check back in a bit for the presser I'm a bit under the weather the past few days.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1527 on: April 07, 2009, 05:43:20 PM »

Thanks Leroy.  Also here is a link to the guest book of the church, further down in the guest book, are comments that pertain to this situation      http://www.clover-road-baptist-church.com/guest_book.htm

NoRose -that is interesting.  thanks for the link.

Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1528 on: April 07, 2009, 05:46:49 PM »

Pastor Confirms Police Questioned Him, Searched Home in Sandra Cantu Investigation
Created by Brian Shields on 4/7/2009 4:27:24 PM
 TRACY (KRON) --

The pastor of a Tracy church confirms police have questioned him about the murder of eight-year old Sandra Cantu.

KRON 4's Kate Thompson spoke with Pastor Lane Lawless and his wife as they drove by the Clover Road Baptist Church Tuesday afternoon.  Pastor Lawless says he's cooperating with the investigation.  He told Kate police seized computers, phones, and other items from the family's trailer located in the same mobile home park where the Cantu family lives.  The pastor says his granddaughter played with Sandra on a regular basis. Police cordoned off the church for a more thorough search of the premises Tuesday morning. 

An autopsy on the eight-year old girl's remains was underway late Tuesday morning.  Detectives are awaiting the results to find out exactly how the child died.  Her remains were found inside a suitcase in an irrigation pond about two miles from the mobile home park where she lived. Officials insist no suspects have been ruled in or out and no one is in custody in connection with the child's murder.

"We've been receiving a lot of calls and messages from the public wanting to send cash donations as well as cards of condolence and flowers," Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said during a Tuesday morning news conference. We're asking that all mail be sent to the Tracy Police department.  We have a liason working with the family.  As far as cash donations, if anyone is still interested in doing that, if they would please contact the Sund-Carrington Foundation in MOdesto.  They will be coordinating that portion of the outpouring of support for the family."

KRON 4 will broadcast a planned 3:30 p.m. Tuesday news conference updating the case.  We will also have a one-hour special celebrating the life of Sandra Cantu and focused on the investigation into her killing tonight at 9:00 p.m.

(Copyright 2009, KRON 4, All rights reserved.)

theboyzmom
Monkey Junky

Brandi is making sure I get around!

« Reply #1529 on: April 07, 2009, 05:47:51 PM »

Hey ya everyone,

I'm getting a very late start today.   I read back a bit to catch up, sounds like they have strong leads & an arrest seems imminent. I hope so, if I had a preference it would sound very crude with what I'd like to see happen to this monster.   Did I read correctly that Sandra's mom was in the hospital?    Is the next presser still scheduled for 3:30 Pacific time?

I believe Sandra's mom fainted and was taken to the hospital last night.  Not sure if she is still there.  Yes, PC at 3:30pm.

Tks Klaas.   O goodness I prayed for Sandra's family all night into today.  I can't imagine...but how many times have we all said this regarding cases like this.   Her family is going to need enormous support & extensive counseling, no words can help at the moment.   I'll check back in a bit for the presser I'm a bit under the weather the past few days.

I have to be gone in a few - when we get a link to the presser could some one post it or a summary of what they have to say? TIA

We can never be sure that the opinion we are endeavoring to stifle is a false opinion; and if we were sure, stifling it would be an evil still. - John Stuart Mill On Liberty, 1859
- George Bernard Shaw
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1530 on: April 07, 2009, 06:10:14 PM »

Hi, Monkeys

I just wanted to say, "THANK YOU!!"

I could not sleep last night...my stomach still hurts and my heart is still broken. 

God Bless Sandra and her family!

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1531 on: April 07, 2009, 06:11:00 PM »

Thanks Leroy, so the pastor's grandchild played with Sandra on a regular basis....
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1532 on: April 07, 2009, 06:12:29 PM »

Hi, Monkeys

I could not sleep last night...my stomach still hurts and my heart is still broken. 

pb
I'm sorry, maybe today or tomorrow the police will arrest the person or people involved with this horrible tragedy.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1533 on: April 07, 2009, 06:19:58 PM »

PRESS CONFERENCE should be at 3:30pm on this site:

http://www.news10.net/news/liveonline/
515angel
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1534 on: April 07, 2009, 06:26:47 PM »

PRESS CONFERENCE should be at 3:30pm on this site:

Thank-You Klaas
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1535 on: April 07, 2009, 06:27:41 PM »

Isn't the presser in about three minutes?  Or do I have my time zones all wrong?

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
pinkbanana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1536 on: April 07, 2009, 06:29:52 PM »

Hi, Monkeys

pb
I'm sorry, maybe today or tomorrow the police will arrest the person or people involved with this horrible tragedy.

I hope No Rose...too many of OUR children ( babies, toddlers, kids, young adults and adults) are being murdered....still children because they are someones child.

Thanks

pb

STILL Standing With The GIRL, Natalee Holloway!
Caylee Anthony, Rest In Peace Little SUNSHINE.
Where is Haleigh Cummings?
BLESS ALL THE CHILDREN! BLESS ALL THE MISSING! BLESS YOU!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1537 on: April 07, 2009, 06:30:08 PM »

Isn't the presser in about three minutes?  Or do I have my time zones all wrong?
Yes, and on the link there is traffic, maybe the presser has been delayed.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1538 on: April 07, 2009, 06:31:39 PM »

It switched now, it is raining out.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1539 on: April 07, 2009, 06:33:00 PM »

Hasn't started YET but will be at this link.  Should start at any time.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.