April 26, 2024, 08:21:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SANDRA CANTU, 8, missing since 3/27/09 Tracy, CA #1 3/28/09-4/09/09  (Read 364464 times)
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1940 on: April 09, 2009, 09:03:27 AM »

Good morning, Monkeys.  I have to agree with the skepticism about the rummage sale (that probably never was).  I can't help but think it's a load of b.s. 

I have only been able to pop in and out lately, so I might have missed it, but has anyone been able to dig up anything in regards to Lane's father-in-law's beliefs and practices? 

I'm thinking that suitcase was dumped elsewhere just to avoid anyone connecting it to the "church".   It's odd that they didn't take it further away, but I don't think we're dealing with the sharpest tool in the shed here.

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
flossy
Monkey Junky

Got milk?

« Reply #1941 on: April 09, 2009, 09:12:08 AM »

Welcome, Clarice!  Thanks for being here and sharing your info and thoughts. 

If it's not one thing, it's an udder.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1942 on: April 09, 2009, 09:40:54 AM »

Concerning Lawless...From what I could tell, doesn't look like lights are on much in that structure ( I hesitate to call it that)This Baptist Church is not the type of Baptist we are familiar with. When I checked out his degree in Salinas...no school, no students but he was given this honor many years ago by AA Harris who happened to be his father-in-law.

Every church I checked out that he gave and pastors from them have vanished or never really had a "church" with a building like we are accostumed . He may have been in an office space on Alabama because there was a suite #. He moved around alot. I am presently checking "Mountain View" because it is close and I am nosey....lol..so far no luck finding a street called Alabama but I know people who work in MV so maybe they can help.

Clarice, awesome to have another local on here, please let us know what you find out..
I cannot find squat on Lawless in Washington, he would have been almost 30 when coming to CA, that is odd. 

Blink, from what I've found this preacher had alot of aliases
Also, this church is based on Baptist principles found in the New Hampshire confessions of faith. Hope this helps!

I found this on another site 

If this has already been posted...sorry
I haven't been able to read through the threads much the past couple of days, I just scan through and I remembered seeing that the preacher man had several alias' but I couldn't locate then until now.

Alias’ for the preacher man
Clane Lawless
Clifford L Lawless
Clifford Lane Lawless
Cliford L Lawless
Lane C Lawless
Lane P Lawless
Clifford L Alwless

Former residences of the preacher man
Tracy , CA
Livermore , CA
Hawthorne , CA
San Jose , CA
Milpitas , CA

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1943 on: April 09, 2009, 09:49:35 AM »

http://www.sgmsurvivors.com/

About Sandra Cantu and Tracy’s Clover Road Baptist Church

Posted By Kris On April 7, 2009 @ 8:59 pm In Sovereign Grace Ministries | Comments Disabled

This is just a quick news flash that is completely unrelated to the topics normally discussed here.

We’ve been getting quite a few hits today from a site called Websleuths [1], where, in a discussion about the sad case of the murder of 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, someone linked to our site as background information about Clover Road Baptist Church in Tracy, California.  Clover Road Baptist Church has been reported as being investigated in connection with the Sandra Cantu case.

The individual who linked to this site on Websleuths inaccurately posted that Clover Road Baptist Church is a church affiliated with Sovereign Grace Ministries.

Clover Road Baptist Church is NOT affiliated with Sovereign Grace Ministries in any way.

The confusion likely resulted from information posted on Clover Road Baptist’s own website, where a section about the church’s history mentions a merger with another church that had been called ”Sovereign Grace Church.”

Neither that church nor Clover Road Baptist has EVER been affiliated with Sovereign Grace Ministries, however.

(Comments are closed.)

Good Morning   
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #1944 on: April 09, 2009, 09:51:12 AM »

It was said on the local news a few minutes ago that the KIA suv may be involved in the crime. The owner of the vehicle is the grand daughter of the Pastor. I have not read this thread and this may be old news to you but I thought I would mention it anyway....Channel 2 San Francisco.
Wow, thanks. 
ChihuahuaMom
Scared Monkey

LittleMan 2008 AKC top 5th agility chihuahua

« Reply #1945 on: April 09, 2009, 09:59:28 AM »

Concerning Lawless...From what I could tell, doesn't look like lights are on much in that structure ( I hesitate to call it that)This Baptist Church is not the type of Baptist we are familiar with. When I checked out his degree in Salinas...no school, no students but he was given this honor many years ago by AA Harris who happened to be his father-in-law.

Every church I checked out that he gave and pastors from them have vanished or never really had a "church" with a building like we are accostumed . He may have been in an office space on Alabama because there was a suite #. He moved around alot. I am presently checking "Mountain View" because it is close and I am nosey....lol..so far no luck finding a street called Alabama but I know people who work in MV so maybe they can help.

Salinas? wow my son lives there, I am from Montery County but have lived in the deep south for 13 yrs now

good luck with your search..there are so many "church" groups in Calif, it is mind boggling......also try Southern Calif, a ton of them down that way too.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1946 on: April 09, 2009, 10:05:39 AM »

Blink....if you don't mind my asking, what is your opinion on who/what is going on with this case, investigation? who do you think is involved and what was the reason for taking her and murdering her... you don't have to name names, just your theory would be much appreciated..If you are not comfortable with answering at this time, I understand...
thanks...

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

Good grief! It's Charlie Brown.

« Reply #1947 on: April 09, 2009, 10:06:26 AM »

Morning all. It will be interesting to see how the church and pastor are involved. (And I believe they are.)

When I first saw his pic -- I believe Klaas posted it -- my feeling was not good. Very uneasy.

I remember you, Caylee.
Monken
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1948 on: April 09, 2009, 10:09:52 AM »

KLAAS, PLEASE FIX THAT BIG AZZ PIC I POSTED IN THE CAYLEE THREAD, I EVEN RESIZED IT AND EVERYTHING AND IT STILL IS HUGE!!!!!!!!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Things are not always what they seem; the first appearance deceives many; the intelligence of a few perceives what has been carefully hidden."
Phaedrus
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1949 on: April 09, 2009, 10:12:22 AM »

Morning all. It will be interesting to see how the church and pastor are involved. (And I believe they are.)

When I first saw his pic -- I believe Klaas posted it -- my feeling was not good. Very uneasy.

Lane Lawless

Connie Lawless

Fred Williams (reported the luggage stolen - but LE says no stolen luggage report)

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1950 on: April 09, 2009, 10:22:14 AM »

Sometihng is WRONG with this picture. Someone says luggage was stolen AFTER they learn the body was in a suitcase.

The "lady" doth protest too much.

I remember you, Caylee.
JOLfan
Scared Monkey

Proud sister of a United States Marine.

« Reply #1951 on: April 09, 2009, 10:25:19 AM »

Thank you Monkey Friends for all your hard work and research on this case.  I have been reading, praying and mourning right along with you all. 

I wish just once (although more would be nice) when we open one of these missing child boards we can end it before 100 pages with a
happy ending.  I really need a happy ending one and awhile. 

Press on Monkeys!! 

Everybody's got something to hide...except for me and my monkey
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1952 on: April 09, 2009, 10:25:50 AM »

Sometihng is WRONG with this picture. Someone says luggage was stolen AFTER they learn the body was in a suitcase.

Goodnmad - LE has said there was NO report of stolen luggage.  Fred Williams is FOS, the question is why?
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1953 on: April 09, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »

almost ready for a clean cage...

goodnmad
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1954 on: April 09, 2009, 10:37:53 AM »

Goodnmad - LE has said there was NO report of stolen luggage.  Fred Williams is FOS, the question is why?

IMO he is covering for himself AND for the pastor and church. Yes, why?

I remember you, Caylee.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1955 on: April 09, 2009, 10:50:57 AM »

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090408/A_NEWS/904080341

Hunt for girl's killer focuses on pastor

By Daniel Thigpen
Record Staff Writer
April 08, 2009 6:00 AM

TRACY - Investigators stayed mostly quiet about how close they were to finding Sandra Cantu's killer Tuesday, the day after the 8-year-old girl's body was discovered in a suitcase floating in a nearby pond.

Authorities focused on a small church and its pastor, who lives down the block from Sandra's family. Medical examiners continued their autopsy of the little girl.

But much as they did in the 10 days of searching before Monday's horrifying discovery, police reported bits and pieces of activity while providing only vague indications of their progress.

That's despite authorities' having interviewed hundreds of people, executing at least 10 search warrants and searching several homes, including some inside the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park, where Sandra was last seen alive.

"We are heading in a direction," Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said. "To comment on that would compromise the investigation."

Sandra disappeared March 27 after playing with a friend down the street. Despite a massive hunt, she was not found until farm workers draining an irrigation pond about two miles northeast of the mobile home park spotted a large suitcase floating in the water. Sandra's body was inside.

With a homicide investigation now before them, FBI agents and Tracy police late Monday raided the home of Lane Lawless, who lives just doors down from Sandra's family and is pastor of the tiny Clover Road Baptist Church about 100 yards away.

On Tuesday, authorities searched the church, which was roped off with yellow police tape for hours.

Lawless is one of at least four men who have been questioned and had their homes searched since Sandra disappeared, but none has been named as a suspect or been arrested.

The pastor was swarmed by reporters Tuesday as he drove by the church with his wife, Connie. He said police questioned him for three hours Monday night. Connie Lawless said their great-granddaughter played with Sandra and said the couple were cooperating fully with police.

Investigators took phones and a computer, among other items, from their home, she said.

"We're very open to them taking whatever they want," she said. "We feel the more people they can eliminate (as suspects), the quicker they will be able to get to the truth."

Connie Lawless said they had nothing to do with the girl's abduction.

The church's Web site says Lane Lawless has been pastor of the Tracy church since 1981. He and his wife have three grown children and nine grandchildren, according to the Web site.

Neighbors along Clover Road said they knew little about the church and said there is rarely activity there.

Meanwhile, an autopsy has yet to yield clues to how Sandra died, Sheneman said. He could not say how long the examination will take.

The police spokesman also provided no information about the origins of the suitcase, its condition or how it was sealed.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Contact reporter Daniel Thigpen at (209) 546-8254 or dthigpen@recordnet.com.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1956 on: April 09, 2009, 10:53:13 AM »

http://www.recordnet.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20090409/A_NEWS/904090335

'Roller coaster' of anger, sorrow
Sandra Cantu's family says emotions 'very raw' with killer still on loose

By Daniel Thigpen
Record Staff Writer
April 09, 2009 6:00 AM

TRACY - When Sandra Cantu disappeared, her loved ones spent 10 unbearable days hoping for her safe return. For the past three, they have struggled to accept that will never happen.

For the slain 8-year-old's family, the emotions vacillate among extremes. Anger that Sandra's killer is still walking free. Comfort in the colossal show of support from their town. Grief that will not subside.

"If you've ever experienced a loss, this is about 10 times harder," said Angie Chavez, Sandra's aunt. "Your emotions are very raw. It's like a roller coaster."

They will never get their cheerful Sandra back, so now they yearn for something else:

"Justice - to the full extent of the law," said Jose Chavez, Sandra's grandfather. "If it's the death penalty, that's fine with me. If it's life without parole, that's fine with me. I just don't want him to go free."

If investigators are any closer to finding whoever killed Sandra, they aren't saying.

Police on Wednesday urged patience and said they cannot release details of the mounds of evidence they are collecting because it could hinder the investigation.

"We are working very hard to maintain the integrity of the investigation," Tracy police Sgt. Tony Sheneman said. "We feel a great deal of pressure. We want to find who is responsible for this."

Sandra disappeared March 27 from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park on West Clover Road. She was last seen heading home after playing with a neighborhood friend.

For days, police maintained optimism they would find her alive and safe, until Monday, when her body was found in a suitcase, floating in an irrigation pond just two miles north of her home.

Sheneman said investigators are still awaiting a report from medical examiners on a cause of death, and he could not provide a timeline.

San Joaquin County Sheriff's Office spokesman Les Garcia said the autopsy has been completed but that an official determination is pending toxicology and tissue sample testing, which could take four to eight weeks. He said the coroner does not release a preliminary cause of death.

Hundreds of people have been interviewed by police since Sandra disappeared almost two weeks ago, but no suspects have been named and no arrests have been made.

On Tuesday, authorities searched a small church down the road from the trailer park where Sandra lived and questioned its pastor, who lives doors down from Sandra's family. He joins a growing list of people who have been questioned or searched in connection with Sandra's disappearance.

Police and FBI agents have served more than 15 search warrants since March 27, Sheneman said Wednesday morning. But later in the afternoon, he said he had been asked to stop commenting on the details of those warrants.

It's unclear when anyone will find out what, if anything, authorities have gleaned from those raids. As judges approve each search warrant, Sheneman said, they also are granting simultaneous requests to keep them sealed.

As many as 100 local, state and federal law enforcement personnel are working the case, including all 25 members of the Tracy Police Department's investigative unit, Sheneman said. Other officers with investigative experience also are being tapped as needed.

Sheneman sought to dispel speculation about the origins of the suitcase that carried Sandra's remains.

He would not confirm any reported links between the suitcase and the mobile home park or a nearby church that was searched Tuesday. Sheneman said investigators have no report of a missing suitcase.

For updates on the case, Sandra's family regularly talks to police, who they praise. The family has turned off the television; watching is too disturbing, the girl's grandfather said.

Since she was found dead, Sandra's family has grieved in private. Her mother, Maria Chavez, and grandmother, Dolores Chavez, were briefly hospitalized Monday night but are recuperating well at home, Jose Chavez said.

"We're holding up," the 67-year-old said. "We're just being supportive of each other."

And the people of Tracy are supporting them in droves. All day Wednesday, hundreds of folks continued to stream to the trailer park's entrance, where a tribute to Sandra - balloons, candles, stuffed animals and handwritten messages - grew by the minute.

Wednesday was the first day Angie Chavez had stopped to look at the moving tribute to her murdered niece.

"It's overwhelming," she said. "The amount of support that we have here is just amazing."

Contact reporter Daniel Thigpen at (209) 546-8254 or dthigpen@recordnet.com.

k9ohana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #1957 on: April 09, 2009, 10:55:28 AM »

From the KRON website this morning:

"A retired FBI profiler who specialized in child abduction cases thinks the killer of Sandra Cantu will turn out to be a white man between 25 and 55 years old who knew the eight year old girl. 'We've seen them a little younger and we've seen them older,' Candace DeLong told KRON 4's Vicki Liviakis.  'It's someone who is known to the victim.  Rarely are these types of crimes, the abduction and murder of a child, a complete stranger to the child.' DeLong spent 20 years in the FBI, eventually becoming head field profiler in the Bureau's San Francisco office and as a member of the Child Abduction Task Force.  She says the killer might have left clues including fingerprints on the suitcase in which the remains were found."

My Dad always told me "If you're not part of the solution, You're part of the problem".
So which is it, solution or problem?
Searching
Monkey Junky

Got my Anti Anthony Koolaid helmet on ,I'm ready!

« Reply #1958 on: April 09, 2009, 10:57:12 AM »

Hi monkey family... About the church.... We went to a "house church" when those started up in our area back 5 or so years ago. They are quite unique to say the least, but my children loved it and their friends attended as well,so as long as the friends were there,I allowed them to go.. It was a "church" for crying out loud,should not have to worry bout my children in church. well... the youth pastor molested my daughter.. still waiting for that to go to court.. but anyway, maybe it is one of those house churches... this one rented a small building and had about 20 members...

http://www.hccentral.com/

information on house churches at that link.

oh and my sons will not set foot in a church now since that happened...just a side note. I think they need to do away with the house churches.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1959 on: April 09, 2009, 10:59:09 AM »

Hi monkey family... About the church.... We went to a "house church" when those started up in our area back 5 or so years ago. They are quite unique to say the least, but my children loved it and their friends attended as well,so as long as the friends were there,I allowed them to go.. It was a "church" for crying out loud,should not have to worry bout my children in church. well... the youth pastor molested my daughter.. still waiting for that to go to court.. but anyway, maybe it is one of those house churches... this one rented a small building and had about 20 members...

http://www.hccentral.com/

information on house churches at that link.

oh and my sons will not set foot in a church now since that happened...just a side note. I think they need to do away with the house churches.

Wow Searching, so sorry that happened to your daughter. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.