April 27, 2024, 01:43:23 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SANDRA CANTU, 8, missing since 3/27/09 Tracy, CA #1 3/28/09-4/09/09  (Read 364498 times)
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #380 on: April 01, 2009, 01:45:47 PM »

Thanks for the updates.
spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #381 on: April 01, 2009, 01:47:35 PM »

I don't know if it is over or not, but KRON stopped covering it.

It was hard to hear the questions being asked.  I think they asked a lot of questions about the dad and him going to Mexico, but I couldn't hear the questions.  If it was him they were talking about, they said they are not tailing him, but could get in touch with him if need be. 
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #382 on: April 01, 2009, 01:59:23 PM »

I don't know if it is over or not, but KRON stopped covering it.

It was hard to hear the questions being asked.  I think they asked a lot of questions about the dad and him going to Mexico, but I couldn't hear the questions.  If it was him they were talking about, they said they are not tailing him, but could get in touch with him if need be. 

Thanks for the updates. 

i'm not surprised if the dad didn't return to where ever he lived (i thought is was in southern CA not mexico???).  and he would have to be pretty stupid to leave without notifying LE.  it just doesn't sound like he was involved in Sandra's life very much so if he has a job i bet that would take priority over sticking around to find his missing daughter that he hardly knew....and I'm not saying this is right, JMO.

Faith . . . it matters . . . it really does. ~ Sister
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #383 on: April 01, 2009, 02:00:15 PM »

Spring thanks for the updates. Are we confident it was Oakdale vs. Oakland? My bad if so.

I am so sick over this non amber alert I am going to scream, seriously. At this stage of the game I think it can only mean one thing
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #384 on: April 01, 2009, 02:03:48 PM »

Spring thanks for the updates. Are we confident it was Oakdale vs. Oakland? My bad if so.

I am so sick over this non amber alert I am going to scream, seriously. At this stage of the game I think it can only mean one thing

Regarding the whole Amber Alert thing......how/why is there certain criteria that MUST be met before issuing one??....a child is missing - plain and simple.  what would be the harm in issuing an Amber Alert even if you weren't POSITIVE the child was abducted.  just because you dont have a vehicle description????

I know the answers to these questions but I DO NOT LIKE THEM!

spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #385 on: April 01, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »

I can't remember if I read it here or where, but there should be a tiered system at least when dealing with Amber alerts.  They don't want abuse of the system, but I would like to know how many people who work with the Amber alerts who have children of their own, if their child was missing, would they want one issued if not all criteria were  met?  I  am betting they would! 
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #386 on: April 01, 2009, 02:17:05 PM »

I can't remember if I read it here or where, but there should be a tiered system at least when dealing with Amber alerts.  They don't want abuse of the system, but I would like to know how many people who work with the Amber alerts who have children of their own, if their child was missing, would they want one issued if not all criteria were  met?  I  am betting they would! 

I totally agree.  Right now there is only 1 active Amber Alert.  I dont see why, as a precaution even, they didn't issue one for Sandra.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #387 on: April 01, 2009, 02:24:24 PM »

My first thought when I heard an Amber Alert wasn't issued, I went with money. Our state, shall I say isn't the best financially under good ole Arnold. So my question is, if it is costly to issue an Amber Alert, would that way into the decision? I have no idea about this, and really would have no idea.
spring2
Scared Monkey

« Reply #388 on: April 01, 2009, 02:30:14 PM »

My first thought when I heard an Amber Alert wasn't issued, I went with money. Our state, shall I say isn't the best financially under good ole Arnold. So my question is, if it is costly to issue an Amber Alert, would that way into the decision? I have no idea about this, and really would have no idea.

With all the taxes we pay, we can't afford to protect our children?  Stupid question I guess since they are cutting education funding too.  Sorry for the rant!
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #389 on: April 01, 2009, 02:46:07 PM »

With all the taxes we pay, we can't afford to protect our children?  Stupid question I guess since they are cutting education funding too.  Sorry for the rant!

Don't feel sorry for the rant, I'm always ranting. I just don't know if it costs money to issue an Amber Alert, and if it does, I just figured that maybe one of the reasons. 
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #390 on: April 01, 2009, 03:35:12 PM »

New leads in search for missing girl
Wednesday, April 01, 2009 | 11:49 AM

--snipped--

The lieutenant also talked about how her father may have taken her to Mexico and that she had threatened to run-away from home, that she was having trouble at school and that she was afraid to face her mother after getting a bad report - none of that stands out as the likely scenario.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #391 on: April 01, 2009, 03:44:18 PM »

--snipped--

The lieutenant also talked about how her father may have taken her to Mexico and that she had threatened to run-away from home, that she was having trouble at school and that she was afraid to face her mother after getting a bad report - none of that stands out as the likely scenario.
I wonder who commented about her being afraid to face her mother about a bad report, maybe a sibling or friend? The running away business she probably said for attention, sounds like what an eight year old might say, I sure can't imagine her really doing such a thing.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #392 on: April 01, 2009, 03:47:48 PM »

Klaas,  you're so good!  One day when I have time, you'll have to school me!

She's the BESTEST. THANKS!  Can you do that one more time in terrain mode so we can see the water? There are rwo SO's right next to the resovoir, which also has a mobile home park??? One has the creepiest photo I have ever seen of a pedo.

BTW, C. Sinclair has a former address or employer in Oakland, CA
Is it Oakdale or Oakland that the other home was searched? I'm guessing Oakland, I can't find Oakdale on the map, but I'm not good at maps so....

Definitely Oakdale.  I don't remember what highway it is on, but we always pass thru Oakdale on the way to Yosemite.  Its a very very rural area.  Is there any way to check and see if either POI owns a house in Oakdale?
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #393 on: April 01, 2009, 03:56:53 PM »

http://codeamber.org/cantuca/

a missing endangered amber alert has been issued for Sandra.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:32:16 PM by klaasend » Logged
Leroy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #394 on: April 01, 2009, 04:06:38 PM »

--snipped--

I wonder who commented about her being afraid to face her mother about a bad report, maybe a sibling or friend? The running away business she probably said for attention, sounds like what an eight year old might say, I sure can't imagine her really doing such a thing.

I agree. I can see an 8 year old telling a friend that she is going to run away because of her bad grade card....but of course not really meaning it and certainly not actually doing it.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #395 on: April 01, 2009, 04:07:03 PM »

Again my link doesn't work  hopefully someone else will put up the proper link. And there will be another press conf at 3:30.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #396 on: April 01, 2009, 04:07:48 PM »

Reports that Sandra's father is being questioned by the FBI and that Sandra has run away before . . .

She's only 8.  8 year olds don't run away for five days!

Investigators Following Up On Hundreds Of Leads
Posted: 10:10 pm PDT March 31, 2009
Updated: 12:45 pm PDT April 1, 2009

TRACY, Calif. -- Investigators searching for a missing 8-year-old Tracy girl have received more than 100 tips in the last 24 hours and were considering several scenarios including that she has been abducted, was a runaway or has been taken to Mexico, authorities said Wednesday.

At a morning news conference, Tracy Police Lt. Jeremy Watney said a surveillance camera videotape showed eight-year-old Sandra Cantu leaving the mobile where she lived dressed in a “Hello Kitty t-shirt and black leggings.”

The tape was among the many leads being followed up on, he added.

“None of the leads are being discounted,” Watney said. “Every lead is being looked into and investigated.”

Watney said investigators were also looking into a tip that the girl had runaway in the past.

“We are looking into this as a missing person, a runaway, from any possible angle,” Watney said. “If it is (a runaway case), where is she at? And we need to get her home…For an 8-year-old, it is unusual to runaway from more than a couple of hours. So that’s why we are so concerned ... it is five days later. “

A friend of the girl's father said he was in town and talking with the Tracy police and the FBI on Wednesday morning.

On Tuesday night, neighbors and friends sang during an emotional candlelight vigil as Tracy residents struggled to maintain hope for Cantu’s safe return.

Families have gathered together every night since the second grader disappeared from the Orchard Estates Mobile Home Park last Friday. Police say they're following plenty of tips and authorities have searched the homes of some neighbors, but so far with no luck.

When KTVU talked with families living at Orchard Estates Tuesday, they said they're badly shaken by Cantu's disappearance and hope that she will be found alive.

Teams of investigators have been at the mobile home park throughout the day. Tuesday evening, law enforcement was seen entering the missing girl's home.

Residents say they're struggling to come to terms with what happened.

"It's not 30 years ago. We need to watch our children," said Orchard Estates resident Lindalou Wales. "There's more pedophiles out there than you can imagine."

Residents tell KTVU the mobile home park has a close knit community where neighbors know each other.

The missing second grader is one of the many children here who often play outside in the mobile home park. Kadie Wales grew up at Orchard Estates and is now raising three children in the same home.

"It's scary," said Wales. "I have a 13-year-old daughter. It's scary."

Monday night, the FBI arrived at the mobile home park in unmarked vehicles to enforce several search warrants. One of the two men whose homes were searched by FBI agents spoke with KTVU.

Frank Wohler is a martial arts instructor who runs a school in Tracy. He says Sandra used to help him water his yard.

Wohler acknowledged kissing Sandra two years ago, but says it was innocent. He says he understands why investigators are looking at him.

"When a child is missing, they should blow it up," said Wohler "And I had nothing to do with it."

Another resident of the mobile home park who had his two vehicles towed away by FBI Monday night also tells KTVU that he had nothing to do with the little girl's disappearance.

Police say they have given polygraph tests, but would not say to whom. So far, no one's been detained or arrested for Sandra's disappearance.

Cantu’s distraught mother Maria Chavez reiterated her plea for her daughter to come home Tuesday.

"Please, whoever took her, just let her go," said Chavez. "She needs to come home to her mom who loves her very much and misses her."

At Tuesday night's vigil, people sang Sandra Cantu's favorite song: "Somewhere Out There." Residents say they hope to hold a candlelight vigil every night until she comes home safe and sound.

http://www.ktvu.com/news/19060999/detail.html
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #397 on: April 01, 2009, 04:15:44 PM »

Thank-you.  A friend of the girl's father said he was in town and talking with the Tracy police and the FBI on Wednesday morning. So is he in town or not, this is really confusing? He's in town, he's not in town 
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #398 on: April 01, 2009, 04:16:11 PM »

http://codeamber.org/cantuca/

a missing endangered amber alert has been issued for Sandra.

Resisting the urge to be snide, thanks for updating. It's only Wednesday afternoon and all
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:34:04 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #399 on: April 01, 2009, 04:33:31 PM »

Again my link doesn't work  hopefully someone else will put up the proper link. And there will be another press conf at 3:30.

I think I fixed it for you  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.