April 28, 2024, 12:17:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: SANDRA CANTU, 8, missing since 3/27/09 Tracy, CA #1 3/28/09-4/09/09  (Read 364595 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #700 on: April 04, 2009, 03:26:16 PM »

I can't get the video from here...is there a link to it? thanks..

I also added it to Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PsXV71OSws
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: April 04, 2009, 03:33:40 PM »

Thank-you for the video. Here are a couple notes from the presser at 10:30 about the video.    The reason they were holding onto it was because it looked like she had a purse or backpack on and they didn't know if there was a "missing item" with the missing child. They have determined that it is a shadow.

-will not answer questions about when this video was shot or where it was shot. Just that it was that day. Won't comment on the angle. They are still going thru hundreds of hours of video tape.              So maybe the camera was not the one that grandpa had installed on their home, perhaps a neighbor across the street. So I guess it's hard to say if she was leaving her home or not, I'm a little confused with that.

She definately appears to be wearing a backpack, IMO.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #702 on: April 04, 2009, 03:38:15 PM »

So the eight year old girl would hang out with this couple ?
That in itself is odd. I don't know of any kids that I know hanging around with a couple that is not an auntie or an uncle or some relative, but not a couple of times a week.
What was the attraction for Sandra ? Or for this couple ?
People at work who are childless often enjoy the company of their small size relatives, so maybe there is nothing to this. Puzzling.

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

Zoe you will always be in my heart and soul

« Reply #703 on: April 04, 2009, 03:49:18 PM »

It appears to me also that there is a purse or backpack also. 
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #704 on: April 04, 2009, 03:50:24 PM »

So the eight year old girl would hang out with this couple ?
That in itself is odd. I don't know of any kids that I know hanging around with a couple that is not an auntie or an uncle or some relative, but not a couple of times a week.
What was the attraction for Sandra ? Or for this couple ?
People at work who are childless often enjoy the company of their small size relatives, so maybe there is nothing to this. Puzzling.

Something smells real bad to me with this imo.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: April 04, 2009, 03:58:15 PM »

http://tracypress.com/content/view/17728/2268/

Saturday search       
Written by Glenn Moore     
Saturday, 04 April 2009 

More than 300 searchers and voluntees fanned out across Tracy and beyond to look for missing Sandra Cantu beginning at 8 this morning.

Members of the Contra Costa Search and Rescue team make their way north on MacArthur Drive outside of town this morning as they search an irrigation canal for any sign of Sandra Cantu who has been missing over a week now. Glenn Moore/Tracy Press

A U.S. Coast Guard C-130 airplane equipped with infrared cameras flies above Tracy Friday evening during a night search of Tracy. Glenn Moore/Tracy Press

Search crews look at a ditch passing underneath Arbor Road north of town as they conduct a search this morning. Glenn Moore/Tracy Press

Search crews with a dog search along the fence line of the Tracy sewer plant along Holly Drive this morning. Glenn Moore/Tracy Press

Search crews pass by the old Holly Sugar plant as they continue a search to the north of town this morning as they look for Sandra Cantu who has been missing over a week now. Glenn Moore/Tracy Press

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: April 04, 2009, 03:59:10 PM »

LE has said they studied it but believe it is her own shadow and not a backpack.  Sure looks like a backpack to me.
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #707 on: April 04, 2009, 04:14:16 PM »

LE has said they studied it but believe it is her own shadow and not a backpack.  Sure looks like a backpack to me.
It sure does, and thanks for all the pics of the search. So overwhelming.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #708 on: April 04, 2009, 04:19:09 PM »

This type of thing with children almost makes a person want to have their kids
have some sort of GPS tracking thing on them or with them. Not a cell phone, but something that is always on the kid that can't be removed. I guess that isn't practical, having ankle braclets like felons have on your kids. Maybe someday there will be a way to shrink the technology and make it non removable disguised as a piece of jewelry.     
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: April 04, 2009, 04:28:08 PM »

This type of thing with children almost makes a person want to have their kids
have some sort of GPS tracking thing on them or with them. Not a cell phone, but something that is always on the kid that can't be removed. I guess that isn't practical, having ankle braclets like felons have on your kids. Maybe someday there will be a way to shrink the technology and make it non removable disguised as a piece of jewelry.     
Like a microchip that is inserted into a pet.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #710 on: April 04, 2009, 04:48:05 PM »

Hi Monkeys.
I just watched the video from this news channel - I am sure it is the exact same as the others posted online.

http://www.news10.net/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=57338&catid=2

My heart breaks because Sandra looks so carefree like a Little Girl should .. not fearing for her safety. Oh lord.  After she is skipping and comes to a slower pace ..you can see she grabs the strap of the " backpack" "purse" what it is .. I am not sure. I do know though that Backpacks have changed through the years for children. Some do have One strap. To be put across the shoulder ..so their backs to not take the brunt of the weight/contents within the pack itself.

I have to comment on what was posted above " I think by No Rose" why is that these people The Slayters .. seem so close to Sandra. Why do they seem to know so much about her?
Did they spend time with her when she was playing outside ... or should I say Monitor her ... befriend her in some way. In a sick gut feeling .. I no likey these people.

I may have missed it - How close do the Slayters live to her House? What is the distance between homes?

I remember when I was Sandra's age and we had a older man in our neighborhood who would watch us kids play ... then he slowly started saying HI ..then he moved to talking to us ...then he knew our Names. Because 2nd graders are proud and happy little people .. My name is Sandra ..whats Your Name ?? He was older with white hair, had no pets, no children, no spouse. And he always was wearing just shorts and no shirt .. I remember that creeped me out. My Dad never went shirtless ever in my life - not around us kids ever.
Then he slowly started luring us into his house and He did. It took a while but he would get us into his house. He had a soft serve commercial Ice cream machine in his house. I will never forget it. One because I thought it was Weird. Even at 7yrs old .. I thought it was strange. Mind you this was 1972 - WHO has a Ice Cream Machine in their house?
I remember the smell of the ice cream even to this day .. was smokey and stinky and burnt ..smelling. That's prob what saved my friends and my life. We were talking to my Mom one day after a hard days play outdoors. My Mom was standing outside with a neighbor ... We had all just left " Ice cream Man's House".

We all started Chattering to My Mom and the Neighbor .. This man tried to get us to eat his ice cream. But we didn't eat it  ~ it smelled funny. My Mom said What Man? and we all talked at once ...this Man down the street he has yadda and he keeps wanting us to come in his house ... and we went in his house .... OH ALL HELL BROKE loose.

My Mom and all the Parents marched themselves right to his House. And told him if you Ever ask one of the children in your house again - You will have the Police on your doorstep. I think if I recall the police did become involved. All of us kids were punished and we were grounded .. because WE went into his house.
When kids are out playing its amazing how easy it is to Befriend them. We had been talking to this man all summer and our parents never knew of him, about him..until the ice cream came into notice.
I think back to that time and I cannot express HOW lucky we were as little kids - that nothing happened to us.
I just wonder about the neighbors in Sandra's park - How many of them befriended her ( that her parents did not know about) as she bounced around playing with the kids ..from to house to house. 
Has to be someone that Knows Sandra that is involved with her disappearance.
So Sad ..that you cannot let your kids play outside anymore without fear.

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: April 04, 2009, 05:02:43 PM »

Deenie, that's frightening, thank God it turned out the way it did. I'm remembering back to when I was a kid in a small town, and we all ran around without a care in the world. I'm sure there were some bad people, but nothing that I can really say that stuck out. Sometimes even when I go shopping I feel funny smiling at a child, because I don't want anyone to think I may be up to something, and I'm a woman in my early 50's.
Blink34
Monkey Junky

« Reply #712 on: April 04, 2009, 05:21:21 PM »

Lol. Don't Make me post my when I was 4 and crossed a bridge story..

Wow. The ice cream man in the hood. That is a perfect example of how insidious these creeps are. They are MASTERS at manipulating victims and they are highly dangerous.

When my kids were little, we had the ice cream truck guy ring his bell in the neighborhood, you know, the guy featured in the Rockwell painting.. Well at a very early age I taught my kids that that person was a stranger, we had no way to know if they were bad or good, so we have to assume they are bad. The kids in the neighborhood in some cases parents were not so strict, and my kids would watch them take off at the bell and skip down the street with long faces.

Even though I would immediately stop what I was doing and stocked all those treats and would allow them to have it at will because I did not want them to feel like they were missing out, they still did a little.

So, the next time that guy came to the hood I walked over to the truck, told the guy I would be glad to let my kids buy his ice cream if he would show me his ID (and in this case a greencard). He said "no have no creama today Lady, no creama.." and took off never to be seen again. Point is EVERY PERSON in contact with your kids or kids in general has to be checked out if your going to allow your kids face time with them. Absolutely everyone. You just can't know for sure.
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #713 on: April 04, 2009, 05:25:54 PM »

Deenie, that's frightening, thank God it turned out the way it did. I'm remembering back to when I was a kid in a small town, and we all ran around without a care in the world. I'm sure there were some bad people, but nothing that I can really say that stuck out. Sometimes even when I go shopping I feel funny smiling at a child, because I don't want anyone to think I may be up to something, and I'm a woman in my early 50's.
I totally agree with you No Rose. It is scary now a days. You don't know how to react to a child in public. If your too nice - Your weird. If your not nice your a cranky woman. I think back too about when I was a Bluebird and I sold light bulbs door to door .. "light bulbs " ..who wants light bulbs ? door to door ... But its true. That's what we sold. That was in 1970 ... But then in my Neighborhood we had a " Community Watch" and the PTA was huge then. And My Mom was heavy into it. We had in our Neighborhood a community group that was called " Helping Hands" and you had to be approved to join it.
If you were a Member you were allowed to put a tag board in your front window - All that was on it was a Red Hand - " Helping Hand", If you were a person, adult, child that was in need of shelter " safe house" you could go to that house with the Helping Hand in the window. 24/7 this house was to be available.

NOW today --- the only people that would want to be in that group would be a freak .. Come to my house little kid ... Because People today do not know their neighbors nor want to know their neighbors for the most part. Not that everyone should be lumped into that category as " Stranger" yet neighbor. We are not in that world any longer that People would be willing to open up their house to " anyone" its way too risky .. for the Home owner and the one in need. 

" God Bless The Babies Human, Fur, Feathered &  Finned" ~Caylee, Adji, & Sandra Cantu~ Peace~kai~cj *
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #714 on: April 04, 2009, 05:32:32 PM »

When I was in Grade School in the olden days before so much of this type of stuff was known or talked about, I went to a school where there was a caretaker / janitor who gave me the creeps. I must have been 11 or 12. I could never put my finger on it.
Always too close to the kids unlike the other janitors who lived like trolls in the
basement or whatever they did. This one always wanted to help us with our jackets, etc and getting us dressed for recess. I didn't like him. He wore glasses that made his eyes look larger than they were and he looked creepy.
In the summer when there was no school we would go roller skating up by the school.
lots of smooth pavement, lots of kids. My Mother who was a very fearful type woman
would just go on forever that I was to not go into the school during the summer for a drink of water or for any reason ! She really put the fear into me. If I went into the school, something was going to happen to me.

Later one summer, there was a problem. A girl who I didn't know, their family suddenly moved away. The gossip at the door started with the neighbours. The janitor had lured the girl into the school and raped her. Thru some connection we all found out that this man had been in a hospital for the same thing and his brother had obtained him this job at the school upon his release. The brother of the man was a well known alderrman for the city I lived in and had used his influence to get this SO a job around litttle kids.
That was then. Now they do criminal and child abuse checks. But they still all want to be close to the cookie jar and still do apply for these jobs around kids, even though they know a bell is going to ding !   
If my Mother could have had her own radar screen with her chickies bleeping their whereabouts, she would have had one. 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #715 on: April 04, 2009, 05:34:30 PM »

Lol. Don't Make me post my when I was 4 and crossed a bridge story..

Wow. The ice cream man in the hood. That is a perfect example of how insidious these creeps are. They are MASTERS at manipulating victims and they are highly dangerous.

When my kids were little, we had the ice cream truck guy ring his bell in the neighborhood, you know, the guy featured in the Rockwell painting.. Well at a very early age I taught my kids that that person was a stranger, we had no way to know if they were bad or good, so we have to assume they are bad. The kids in the neighborhood in some cases parents were not so strict, and my kids would watch them take off at the bell and skip down the street with long faces.

Even though I would immediately stop what I was doing and stocked all those treats and would allow them to have it at will because I did not want them to feel like they were missing out, they still did a little.

So, the next time that guy came to the hood I walked over to the truck, told the guy I would be glad to let my kids buy his ice cream if he would show me his ID (and in this case a greencard). He said "no have no creama today Lady, no creama.." and took off never to be seen again. Point is EVERY PERSON in contact with your kids or kids in general has to be checked out if your going to allow your kids face time with them. Absolutely everyone. You just can't know for sure.
Good for You Blink .. You policed the Ice Cream Man .. I think what you did was the right thing. Just read the news and its said in every corner of the US .. yet another school teacher up to no good. Now its the female teachers .. not just the males. That is what I was going to mention too .. I am surprised that Halloween Trick & Treating has not been Banned ... I think all that Parents that allow their kids to go Door to Door ..for selling things ..should have their Brain's checked. I cant tell you in my neighborhood how many times I have found a 10-12 yr olds on my porch selling something .. with no parents around. I stopped answering my door. My heart can't take it. My instincts say NO to Door to Door selling. I wont answer my front door to Anyone for that matter.
I have a No soliciting sign in my window. They keep knocking though ..evidently they can't read. 

no rose colored glasses
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: April 04, 2009, 05:35:29 PM »

Blink that was a great idea, there is an ice cream truck that comes through the neighborhood everyday, just started about a month ago, never thought to do that. Deenie, that was a great idea in your neighborhood, I've never seen that, but I do recall reading about that years ago, like a safe haven in the neighborhood. When I was a Girl Scout I went running all through the neighborhood selling my cookies alone, no way would that happen anymore.
Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #717 on: April 04, 2009, 05:38:51 PM »

I live in Canada. Perverts are everywhere. I also want one strike you go away forever laws here. 
Deenie
Monkey All Star Jr.

Year of Karma ~ 2009

« Reply #718 on: April 04, 2009, 05:41:04 PM »

When I was in Grade School in the olden days before so much of this type of stuff was known or talked about, I went to a school where there was a caretaker / janitor who gave me the creeps. I must have been 11 or 12. I could never put my finger on it.
Always too close to the kids unlike the other janitors who lived like trolls in the
basement or whatever they did. This one always wanted to help us with our jackets, etc and getting us dressed for recess. I didn't like him. He wore glasses that made his eyes look larger than they were and he looked creepy.
In the summer when there was no school we would go roller skating up by the school.
lots of smooth pavement, lots of kids. My Mother who was a very fearful type woman
would just go on forever that I was to not go into the school during the summer for a drink of water or for any reason ! She really put the fear into me. If I went into the school, something was going to happen to me.

Later one summer, there was a problem. A girl who I didn't know, their family suddenly moved away. The gossip at the door started with the neighbours. The janitor had lured the girl into the school and raped her. Thru some connection we all found out that this man had been in a hospital for the same thing and his brother had obtained him this job at the school upon his release. The brother of the man was a well known alderrman for the city I lived in and had used his influence to get this SO a job around litttle kids.
That was then. Now they do criminal and child abuse checks. But they still all want to be close to the cookie jar and still do apply for these jobs around kids, even though they know a bell is going to ding !   
If my Mother could have had her own radar screen with her chickies bleeping their whereabouts, she would have had one. 
Good thing You Mom did have her common sense. Even though it scared you, she planted the seed into your mind ... that Not all adults are to be trusted. I think we have all had that Janitor Kat .. I don't know what is about that job in a school but EWE.. I am sorry that happened to the little girl. But maybe Her Mamma didn't tell her.. because he is nice doesn't mean you have to be his friend or talk to him, or make contact.
Not blaming the little girl at all.
Its sad that we have to put the fear of God into our kids when it comes to strangers.
I wonder what did Sandra's Mom tell her about " Strangers" or did she say as long as I have met them ..they are Ok. I still am stuck on the Slayters .. and Why they found Sandra in their interest.

Kat_Gram
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: April 04, 2009, 05:41:35 PM »

Here, the fundraisers , the kids don't go door to door anymore.
It's usually the parents & Grandparent that flog the stuff at work.
I haven't seen a kid at my door since Halloween. And then the kid had a a parent with them. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.