March 28, 2024, 05:26:23 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: college baseball  (Read 31505 times)
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« on: March 30, 2009, 11:59:04 PM »

Any takers?

AU's baseball team has been doing pretty well this season so far. The SEC has 5 teams in the top 30.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 09:39:57 AM »

never have kept up with baseball too much...but i do know arkansas is off to their best start ever in the sec....6-1 and 19-5 overall and is rated as high as #4 in 1 poll. still to early to tell tho!!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2009, 07:39:57 PM »

You should give it a try cuz. It's really fun to watch. The SEC has lots of games televised on the weekends.

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2009, 08:42:40 PM »

I don't watch it much either but I know this much.  These kids are all playing their hearts out to come visit Nebraska every year.      I used to get corporate tickets to go to some of the games.  It is alot of fun.  Alot of folks come every year and have really gotten to know Omaha.

We are building a brand new stadium - not sure when it will be done but it was done to secure Omaha as the home to the Series for another 30 yrs or so.  The old one is very nice and right across the street from the zoo which is unreal nice.

I don't know if the Huskers are any good but I'll try to pay attention so I can come post here with you guys.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2009, 11:33:02 PM »

Please do! I'm kinda hangin' here all by my lonesome most of the time! 

You and cuz are very loyal monkey friends!!

I hope one day I get to make it to Omaha too. I think it would be so much fun! DJ

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2009, 11:18:55 AM »

So I paid attention and the Huskers got their butts handed to them on a platter in 2 games yesterday by Kansas State.  I have no clue if K state is any good.  LOL 

PDH come on up.  I'll show ya around.  Off to do Saturday chores.  Gotta watch round ball tonight it seems.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2009, 01:24:24 PM »

Sorry to hear that the Huskers had a rough outing beans.
And K State is not a ranked team right now.

Here's the polls from this week. Of course, it'll change after the weekend games....

The SEC now has 6 teams that are ranked, and GA is #1.  Nothing is ever easy in this conference.

There are some other familiar names on that list.....like two of my favs.... ECU and OK. State!

http://www.baseballnews.com/polls/divI/currentpolldivI.htm?SPSID=95319&SPID=11617&DB_OEM_ID=18900

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2009, 01:55:59 PM »

Here's the USATODAY poll...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/baseball/cbpoll.htm

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 02:53:16 PM »

I think I have to cheer for Arkansas.  Cuz needs a pal to help her cheer 'em on.  I like to see some fresh blood in Omaha.  LOL  Hope I didn't jinx her.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 12:12:07 AM »

Yeah...watch out, 'cause your mojo juju is some pretty powerful stuff. 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2009, 02:35:45 PM »

Hey cuz....guess who's ranked #1 ?   

Congrats to the Hogs!!!

http://www.baseballnews.com/polls/divI/currentpolldivI.htm?SPSID=95319&SPID=11617&DB_OEM_ID=18900

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2009, 07:46:03 PM »

Hey cuz....guess who's ranked #1 ?  

Congrats to the Hogs!!!

let me try this again....i tried posting a reply this am but it would not post...then i thought i logged off but now i see i am still on line??

anway....not sure that#1 will last long since we lost 2 to vanderbilt over the weekend!!!

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2009, 04:59:25 PM »

I watched GA and AK play today while I cleaned my great room, and boy it was a smokin' game!  I went very slowly with my work so I could stick around....
GA and AK are both just great on both offense and defense. GA has this freshman kid who can run the bases so fast, and he's a very good hitter. He'll be something to watch for a few years until MLB finds him.....

Anyway, it was a GREAT game, but I'm sorry to say that GA won it in the 9th.
GA and AK are about equally matched in talent, so I think we may see these two teams battle it out in the SEC Tourney for the big win. I haven't seen FL play yet, and I know they are good, but I don't know if they can measure up to these two teams.

AU has apparently taken a nose dive lately.....

thecuz
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 02:11:27 PM »

what a crazy year for the hogs....started out red hot....even achieved the #1 ranking for maybe 3 days...then took a nosedive...lost 15 of their last however many but still made it to the tournament(thank god for the strong sec) anyway we beat washington state and oklahoma to make it to the super regional and beat florida state 2 games in a row...that were nailbitters and spectacular......on to omaha for the world series. we play first game against cal-fullerton!! lsu in....waiting to see if ole miss and florida pull it out?
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2009, 07:57:35 AM »

Heh Cuz - Just saw your Hogs on the local news arriving Omaha for the CWS.  Congrats.  Dang we sure wish we had your coach.  Good luck.  I'm sure Husker fans will be cheering your team on.   
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 09:10:31 PM »

OH MY!! cuz! You must be so excited!!!!

I am enthralled with ASU's Australian pitcher. He is amazing!  I can't wait to see him pitch again....
I've never seen anything like his pitches before. There's not even a good way to define what he's throwing across the plate....other than strikes...

I am pulling for the Hogs, LSU, So. Mississippi, and VA... 

WDE!

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2009, 02:16:38 PM »

Cuz - taking a break during lawn mowing and your team is up first against Cal Ful.  Just so you know we are going to try to kidnap Dave Van Horne and bring him back to NE.  ha.  Yeah we know he's an AR boy.  Dang.

I'm following VA also because their coach is a local boy and he is even one of the young men depicted on the statue in front of the stadium.  Thats pretty cool.  Don't know when it was done but he looks fifty now.  So a while ago. ha.

Hope the weather gets better is was cold and rainy all this week so if it is sunny it is a blessing! 
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2009, 05:04:43 PM »

Right now, AK is eating Cal Ful alive....

GO HOGS!!!

Hey beans....that VA team is very fun to watch. I really like what their coach has done.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2009, 12:13:26 AM »

WOW!!!

GO HOGS!

GEAUX TIGERS!

The SEC has done very well in Omaha today! 
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 08:52:09 AM by 2NJSons_Mom » Logged

Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2009, 02:14:30 PM »

Right now, AK is eating Cal Ful alive....

GO HOGS!!!

Hey beans....that VA team is very fun to watch. I really like what their coach has done.

Arkansas huge over Cal Ful.  Congrats cuz!  I still say we are going to kidnap him.   Monkey Devil!

Yeah PDH it was tough because LSU has a place in our hearts since they have been in the tourney so frequently they are almost like family.  So seeing LSU up against VA was a letdown.. I was cheering for both also. 

Time to clean the house so got the AZ St vs UNC game on.  Don't know a thing about them but the announcers will set me straight no doubt.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.